The Real 2020

• Thread starter DP81
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So... with Mugello already confirmed and now Imola, Nurburgring and Algarve getting dates, does this mean Codemasters could be automatically licensed to include these as an Add-on pack for F1 2020? đź‘Ť

So... with Mugello already confirmed and now Imola, Nurburgring and Algarve getting dates, does this mean Codemasters could be automatically licensed to include these as an Add-on pack for F1 2020? đź‘Ť
Licensing is considerably less relevant than modelling. There is absolutely no possibility that Codemasters can get Mugello, Imola and Algarve modelled for F1 2020 any time soon, and probably not before F1 2021.

Licensing is considerably less relevant than modelling. There is absolutely no possibility that Codemasters can get Mugello, Imola and Algarve modelled for F1 2020 any time soon, and probably not before F1 2021.
Is it possible they may have a version rendered of Imola from one of the prior years?

Is it possible they may have a version rendered of Imola from one of the prior years?
The last race at Imola was, amazingly, in 2006 (I actually thought it would be earlier), but even that predates Codies having the franchise by three years.

The last race at Imola was, amazingly, in 2006 (I actually thought it would be earlier), but even that predates Codies having the franchise by three years.
I believe F1 2013 had the 1995 Imola layout. Sadly, I don't think that qualifies as "updated".

On top of that, the game wasn't on any of the current generation systems, so it wouldn't look good.

Last edited:
Codemasters own Slightly Mad now don't they? Don't they have them all modelled...
Even if they did, there would be a distinct difference in overall quality between the SMS-made tracks and the Codemasters made ones. It would require probably just as much time to bring them in line to the same standard as it would to make the tracks from scratch.

Codemasters have been quite clear and honest from the outset of this season that it wouldn't be possible. Best we can hope for is for 2021s game to have a real 2020 mode and even then I think thats a long shot.

They already said they cannot add them:

F1® 2020 has accurately recreated the original 2020 season and includes both Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort. Unfortunately, it is not possible to add new circuits to the revised 2020 season. The latest car liveries and team colours, including Mercedes AMG Petronas, will be added soon as a digital update.

Source: https://formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-week-one-update

Or a year of man hours at least. Best hope to get them is for inclusion in a future game but i think its still a bit of a longshot unless any of them become permanent fixtures.

Yus, they could maybe make an F1 Championship Edition game based on the 2020 season we actually have taking place as a spin off game to the main series like when F1 All Stars came out.

On reflection though and having been playing the game I actually like having it the way it is though, serves as a reminder of the season we would have had and may actually make the game a more collectable piece of the series due to that fact.

Yus, they could maybe make an F1 Championship Edition game based on the 2020 season we actually have taking place as a spin off game to the main series like when F1 All Stars came out.

On reflection though and having been playing the game I actually like having it the way it is though, serves as a reminder of the season we would have had and may actually make the game a more collectable piece of the series due to that fact.

Yeah, I'd rather see it as an extra in F1 2021. Would be a good alternative to F2 for starting the career.

Back