The real car count in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Conza
  • 106 comments
I think PD needs to see this thread, and I hope they realize that duplicates cars are kinda worthless.... It was a bad justification of having 1000 cars during the GT5 era. In GT6, not so much since car count still reaches 1000 even without the duplicates, lol :D

Last edited:
Look at the Veyron lights mate.

Look at the specs and the history of the Bugatti Veyron. As far as I know, there was no significant changes to the base Bugatti Veyron between these years that would justify the difference, according to Wikipedia the standard car wasn't made in 2013, but anyway. One is simply a standard modeled in GT5 (or GT4?) the other is a premium modeled for GT6, removing the standard would make sense (to me).

Last edited:
The real car count is 500 which is garage limit. Just buy/sell cars for the race you need them and sell immediately after, make room for the cars you care about. Since used car list is gone the stockyard is time wasted, maybe only useful to achieve a trophy.

Great, one less, what are these? Accords?
So that's the point of this thread; "There are cars in this game that I don't like, so they should be removed." I suppose kei cars don't belong in the game either.

Look at the Veyron lights mate.
But they still have the same specs

But
OP:

Torque value and length of the '95 Integra is less than the '98 & '99. Not duplicates.

The '01 NSX Type S has a different body style than the '97/'99. Not duplicates.

'03 & '04 Integras not duplicates either; check their weights.
I agree, but yeah, you could still take out the one with the higher weight

Last edited by a moderator:
So that's the point of this thread; "There are cars in this game that I don't like, so they should be removed." I suppose kei cars don't belong in the game either.

No and no. Firstly, you mis-read the "one less" comment. I meant, one less duplicate, not one less car, see the context. Secondly, it's only great, because we're approaching the correct/actual number of cars, in the game.

Also, I don't know about you, but I think its insane to remove cars because you don't like them, even more so the kei cars, I love kei cars.

You forgot to write the number of Unique Daihatsu.

Oh and, could you put a row between each manufacturer?

example:

Alfa Romeo: 17 Unique Models

Alpine: 5 Unique Models, 1 Duplicate
Alpine A110 1600S '72 - 1 Duplicate ('73)

Amuse: 6 Unique Models

Last edited:
I'm seeing an inferno up in this thread... I guess I'll jump in.

As many have said above: There are some models that you incorrectly branded as duplicates. Aside from that, I feel that these cars aren't really duplicates, they are either:

1. A mid-cycle refresh version of the model
  2. A model exclusive to that region (Eunos roadster = Japan, MX-5 Miata = USA)
  3. A special edition of a model
Even from that, I'm sure the most of these cars each have different values on their setup and/or handle differently.

A model exclusive to that region (Eunos roadster = Japan, MX-5 Miata = USA)

That doesn't change anything when only one of the regions are real cars.

A special edition of a model

And that doesn't change anything if the special edition doesn't actually change anything about the car.

ss3
I agree, but yeah, you could still take out the one with the higher weight

You "could" take out a lot of cars from GT's car list. Except at that point you're not looking for duplicates.

No those are two different Vipers as they were in real life (#51 & #91) so they are not duplicates. Just noticed that his list had MFG's that did not have duplicates like Audi etc but SRT was left off his list. No biggie just my observation.

91-95 Civic SiR are identical mechanically and exterior. Why do we need four of the exact same car?

And Opel vs Vauxhall. Only difference is the hood ornament. How ridiculous.

Except they really weren't. There was no such thing as a USDM Miata or EDM MX-5 with a JDM-exclusive trim level.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I suppose the story is that they came from all versions of GT4, where they used the region-specific name of a model and stuck it to a JDM exclusive version. Oh well.

I would call the
2001 Nissan
PRIMERA 20V (EU) '01
the same as
2001 Nissan
PRIMERA 20V '01
same model different number plate.

Also the Micra and March so similar not to warrant a separate list, but I guess it does have slightly different grill and fog lights.

2003 Nissan
MICRA '03
2003 Nissan
March 12c 5door '03

Ok, several good points, I won't quote everyone, but to summarize.

@eran0004 Yes, I need to duplicate out all of the other Nascars, I'll do that shortly, should remove, no idea, 20-30 cars from the distilled list. I want to be clear, we should keep all of the 'liveries' in future Gran Turismo game, we just shouldn't count them as unique cars. Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, make a Nascar (or two?) that'll be 3-6 cars across 1 or 2 years. We know that even each manufacturer is guided by weight and power restrictions, but we must believe there's a slight difference, atleast between manufacturer to warrant each as their own unique car.

@Fgame The Primera / EU is already duplicated, so agreed. March vs. Micra, they look quite different and have very different specification (March is much more powerful, and a bit heavier, check it out). So I won't duplicate it just yet, I'm pretty sure also that the March wasn't released in Australia, not sure about any where else in the rest of the world?

RE: MX-5/Eunos/Miatas, I think its universally known as the MX-5, so I've taken out all identical Eunos Roadsters and Miatas. Happy to consider that MX-5 isn't the most popular form, but its just a case of knowing sales numbers to prove one of the others is more common world wide.

@SuzukaStar Couldn't agree more, I believe I've duplicated them out already.

@Snakebitten Yes, completely right, I've left SRT out. I wonder if I've missed other manufacturers? I'll go through and compare again to Kudos.

UPDATE: I had missed several manufacturers, I had gone through kudos with the number system, Volvo is number 100, but then others come into it, Abarth is 101, DeltaWing is 102, ect, so hopefully I have them all now, going through the list manually to confirm.

RE: the Viper situation, any duplicates I could see are likely Vipers... '99 vs '02 GTS seems like an obvious duplicate, keep the '02 as its premium and newer. I'd almost remove the launch edition '13, but I think its just similar enough to warrant uniqueness.

with regards to #51 vs. #91, I would've initially marked these as duplicates - livery of one or the other. Same year, spec, ect, what makes each unique?

@Grandea GTR Also, as other have said, please give me an example where it is or isn't a duplicate and we can review here.

@citroengt1 Thanks! Added Diahatsu, and yes I'll do that, great idea. I might bold the manufacturer title too, I'll see how I go.

Last edited:
Yes, just that one was made for a different region.

One made for a different region may have additional and/or different parts due to that regions safety or emission laws. They could even be assembled in different regions using different suppliers specific to that region.

An example would be many Japanese cars exported to Australia needing side intrusion bars to comply with
ADR 72/100

Cars can only be duplicates when they are exactly the same. The 2013 Veyron cannot be a duplicate of the '09 as they are different.

The '00 Aristo and '00 Aristo Vertex Edition are different and cannot therefor be duplicates either. Many other cars on that list that should not logically be there.

Last edited:
You should buy all cars and load them up in photomode, take pictures to check modelling (even PS2 era models contain enough information to differ some cars you consider as "duplicates" like the 3000GTs), and check as well the cars base configurations and specs given.

Right now this is just a list of cars you don't know (or can't tell) the differences between, and this is widly subjective when the information is available.

Cars can only be duplicates when they are exactly the same. The 2013 Veyron cannot be a duplicate of the '09 as they are different.

The '00 Aristo and '00 Aristo Vertex Edition are different and cannot therefor be duplicates either. Many other cars on that list that should not logically be there.

Regarding Veyron '09 vs. Veyron '13, all sources indicate these cars are identical, go inspect wiki or other places if you like, if you can find proof of a change (which isn't reflect in the specs anyway), please post it, otherwise, just because its a different year alone, doesn't meant it warrants its own model in the game.

The Vertex edition doesn't have any different specs, so unless that is wrong in GT6, they've put in the same car twice, but just added Vertex edition to it - Duplicate.

Otherwise you'll have to be specific, I can't go 'oh, HarVee said they weren't, best check through them all' - specific examples welcome.

You should buy all cars and load them up in photomode, take pictures to check modelling (even PS2 era models contain enough information to differ some cars you consider as "duplicates" like the 3000GTs), and check as well the cars base configurations and specs given.

Right now this is just a list of cars you don't know (or can't tell) the differences between, and this is widly subjective when the information is available.

I'm not going to buy every car and put it in photomode, this method is working and takes probably 1/20000th of the time. Sure, it isn't 100% confirmed yet, there may be mistakes in the list, we've already found some, but its the platform to see which are duplicates, from here we can tweak until we hopefully get them all out.

Hate to be a broken record, but specifics, specifics, specifics please guys.

'13 's lights:
2013-bugatti-veyron-164-grand-sport-vitesse-news-car-and-driver-photo-442601-s-429x262.jpg

'09 's lights
2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes.jpg

Specific enough? Because when I clearly pointed it out before it apparently wasn't specific enough.

'13 's lights:
2013-bugatti-veyron-164-grand-sport-vitesse-news-car-and-driver-photo-442601-s-429x262.jpg

'09 's lights
2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes.jpg

Specific enough? Because when I clearly pointed it out before it apparently wasn't specific enough.
So the lights are different, but so are a great many other things because the 2013 model depicted above isn't the '13 model available in the game--in fact, the '13 model available in the game isn't even an actual production model at all. You should know this, you repeated what I said to this effect in another thread nearly four hours after I said it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/differences-between-veyrons.330253/

Back