The real car count in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Conza
  • 106 comments
Nissan NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13

These are all the same car also. Minus three.

for those yes!!!
the base modes is the same or some cars but not all...

.........................................................HP weight Torque
Honda S2000 Type V '03 ......246 1270 218
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 (EU) '01 ...... 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (US) '01 .......246 1240 218
Honda S2000 '01 ........246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (EU) '99 ........ 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (US) '99 ........ 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 '99 ........246 1240 218

These are all virtually the same.
take a exaple

i say it again some eu with the other region cars is not the same on suspension!
if kaz give us on physics those diference gt will be better!!

take a exaple

i say it again some eu with the other region cars is not the same on suspension!

That's fantastic that there are benefits that can be had between a regular S2000 and a Type V of a specific year (though that means nothing for comparing ones of different years). Explain how better physics will accurately discern theoretical suspension handling differences for the four cars on that list that don't exist.

Last edited:
That's fantastic that there are benefits that can be had between a regular S2000 and a Type V of a specific year (though that means nothing for comparing ones of different years). Explain how better physics will accurately discern theoretical suspension handling differences for the four cars on that list that don't exist.
ok are you serious now mate??
want to explain how about the physics??
you believe there is one guy here in GT who can explain something from a game physics engine?
i tell you only that every car is unique...
in GT some of all those cars you can feel little diference on stock!!

is good
before someone write something here is good to make first tests
and then he can tell that those cars is exacly the same..

and no test from one guy but from a group
and IF this group prove this!
you can actually say that for those cars and make a threat about this problem and maybe Kaz see it
like the "sound threat"

but without evidence i think is no good to say all this only because 2 or 3 cars have the same Hp and Kg...

that how the things goes right with evidence....

and then Nobody like me can tell anything about it!!
now you understand??
:cheers:

in GT some of all those cars you can feel little diference on stock!!

In my heart I want to believe these S2000's have different performance characteristics even to the ultimate finest degree, but it has to be so subtle that only Kaz can detect it.

Can't say anything about the S2000, but for example I'm not convinced there's any difference between the '97 and '99 NSX models. I've tried and tried to convince myself there's some sort of performance difference, but unless it's aero I'll never figure out the answer to the riddle.

ok are you serious now mate??
want to explain how about the physics??
you believe there is one guy here in GT who can explain something from a game physics engine?
I would assume that the person who keeps asserting with complete certainty that every car in this game is unique would actually be able to defend such a statement rather than a pathetic "prove me wrong" argument.

But since you didn't get what I was saying what I said, I'll reword:
How can PD hope to accurately represent minor differences you're asserting exist between cars sold in different markets when the cars weren't actually sold in other markets?

i tell you only that every car is unique...
And I'm telling you that that is false. It's not true. It is incorrect. There are cars in this game that are nothing more than special paint options of other cars in this game. There are cars in this game that are so not unique that PD made up performance differences to pretend they were different. There are cars in this game that are so not unique that PD didn't even bother changing the exterior badging on them to be accurate. There are cars in this game that are so not unique that PD didn't even bother to change the steering wheel to the correct side for the region the car was sold in. There are cars in this game that are so not unique that they completely copied performance data from JDM versions that aren't even close to accurate. They are cars in this game that are so not unique that they didn't even exist in real life. PD cares so little about performance accuracy for some of these cars you claim are unique that they don't even have the proper drivetrain, or engine, or transmission. I have researched all of this extensively. I have made threads about it, and contributed to threads made by others. I've bought actual, physical books about some of the cars most widely copied in this game, mostly to try to learn more about the exact things you're claiming applies to every car. And I can say that claiming every car in this game is unique is a load of crap, even just dealing with the specific example you quoted. In the S2000's alone there are cars PD made up and cars that PD didn't come close to accurately modeling specs for.

So how do you think that simply throwing a better physics engine is all that's needed to feel performance differences between regional variations that at best are theoretical in real life, never mind a game full of literally hundreds half assed cars copied around a bunch of times to increase the car count?

In my heart I want to believe these S2000's have different performance characteristics even to the ultimate finest degree, but it has to be so subtle that only Kaz can detect it.

Can't say anything about the S2000, but for example I'm not convinced there's any difference between the '97 and '99 NSX models. I've tried and tried to convince myself there's some sort of performance difference, but unless it's aero I'll never figure out the answer to the riddle.
I'm pretty sure that most of the changes done in 1999 to the NSX were simply to strengthen the somewhat fragile transmission the NSX had. I'd have to look when I get home.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that most of the changes done in 1999 to the NSX were simply to strengthen the somewhat fragile transmission the NSX had. I'd have to look when I get home.

Now this would be amazing if PD modeled the two with different transmission characteristics; for example, the '97 developed shifting issues the more miles it accrues. Wishful thinking, I realize. :indiff:

Nissan NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13

These are all the same car also. Minus three.

Yes, happy to duplicate them out

.........................................................HP weight Torque
Honda S2000 Type V '03 ......246 1270 218
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V '01 ......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 Type V '00 .......246 1260 218
Honda S2000 (EU) '01 ...... 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (US) '01 .......246 1240 218
Honda S2000 '01 ........246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (EU) '99 ........ 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 (US) '99 ........ 246 1240 218
Honda S2000 '99 ........246 1240 218

These are all virtually the same.

Yes... but the problem is, which one do we pick? Most of these have been duplicated out already, so I've only counted three of those cars you've listed.

What's the "truest" spec of the S2000? I'd want to say the 1240kg level, again, we're only removing another two cars.

There are three Red Bull X2010 that are same except for paint , so minus two more.
Ok, happy to cut those out as well.

Not to pile on but a vehicle that might look the same but has a completely different drive train I believe should be subject to it's own classification & separation ~

Daihatsu STORIA CX 2WD '98 - 1 Duplicate (J)
Daihatsu STORIA CX 4WD '98 - 1 Duplicate (J)
'

2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive ;).

Well I believe one has the Le Mans tune and the other may have the Daytona tune as the #91 was always faster than the #51 which makes sense as Le Mans is the faster of the two tracks. So while both are technically mechanically similar they are different. Also both cars campaigned together so they are separate models in real life and were driven by different drivers like Olivier Baretta and Justin Bell respectively. Those were the two main drivers for each car though they shared driving duty with two other drivers respectively.

Not sure if that is enough of a difference for you but as an avid Le Mans fan from since the 80's on I love that both are represented as different models in game to reflect reality.
Ok, sounds unique enough, unless enough people disagree, on the list to unduplicate.
As for the info on the '99 vs '02 I've been around Viper forums a long time so that's a fact about the differences between the two years. Engine-wise the 96 - 99 were the best or forced induction because of the forged internals. Those cars could be boosted safely on stock block to 850 - 900hp before you had to build it. The '02 couldn't do this as per the hypereutectic pistons were not as strong as the forged internals in the earlier years. ABS came on the 02 that's in the game. So there is a mechanical difference between both years though the body is the same.
That's fine, is there anyway we can prove PD have done those things to both the cars? Eg. Tuning them up to know the difference?

EDIT: I know there are more items to discuss, like the NSX, I will get to all of them.

I've bought actual, physical books about some of the cars most widely copied in this game, mostly to try to learn more about the exact things you're claiming applies to every car.
Just curious as to what sort of books you are referring to, because that genuinely sounds like a good read to me. I've always been on the lookout for sources that give detailed information about specific models of a certain car, but I tend to end up in places with questionable credentials, or places that only touch the surface.

Just curious as to what sort of books you are referring to, because that genuinely sounds like a good read to me.
So far I got these two:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1904788432/?tag=gtplanet-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1845842219/?tag=gtplanet-20

The first one I had to scour high and low to find used because it is apparently out of print for years; and there were two hardcover editions and Amazon is referring to the limited edition one in that listing. It's also not the amazing detailed expose that the title and description implies it to be; but for the purposes of general education it does a good job casting a wide net of the NSX's evolution up until about a year before Honda announced they were discontinuing it.
The latter one, however, was incredibly easy to get. It is the reason why I've been so hesitant to throw PD's Skyline madness under the bus, because Nissan actually did do fairly substantial improvements to the car every couple of years that all carried forward into each generation (not that I'm actually convinced PD modeled them). The book itself is a bit fanboyish (and not at all impartial with hiding the disapproval with some of Nissan's philosophy changes with the R35), but has far more information than PD has ever come close to including about any given GT-R of any given year (though the racing history breakdown is understandably a bit lacking in comparison to the attention slathered on the road cars).

Currently poking around for this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1845840437/?tag=gtplanet-20

But like the NSX one, it seems to be out of print so I'm waiting for one to pop up for a somewhat more reasonable price.

Last edited:
Yes, happy to duplicate them out

Ok, sounds unique enough, unless enough people disagree, on the list to unduplicate. That's fine, is there anyway we can prove PD have done those things to both the cars? Eg. Tuning them up to know the difference?

EDIT: I know there are more items to discuss, like the NSX, I will get to all of them.

Hey Conza I doubt PD paid that much attention to detail between the two car years. For example they could have easily done away with the standard model and used the premium GTS to represent both 99 and 02 model years since the body for both is exactly the same. All they would have had to do was edit colors and for the 99 and 02 years and remove the ability to adjust the ABS braking to reflect the 99's non-abs status.

As for the different pistons they could have reflected this if you just slapped a supercharger on the stock unmodded motor and the 99 would make 850 - 900hp reflecting its stock forged piston while the 02 on stock motor no mods would only be around 600hp or so to reflect its got the softer pistons that aren't as boost friendly. But like I said PD isn't that detail oriented when it come to things like that for all the cars.

for those yes!!!
the base modes is the same or some cars but not all...

take a exaple

For what it's worth I took the '01 US models to the mini Autumn Ring, and though it's likely placebo, the Type V version seems to turn more fluidly but the standard version resulted in the faster lap times overall (by a small margin). Could it be because I watched this video? Maybe. In an effort to make this fair I took each car out and turned 10 lap sets alternating between the two for a combined 60 laps.

Not news by any stretch, but the U.S. models have left hand drive. Assuming the others have right hand drive, but I didn't confirm. So that's a difference if anyone cares to accept the differentiation.

For what it's worth I took the '01 US models to the mini Autumn Ring, and though it's likely placebo, the Type V version seems to turn more fluidly but the standard version resulted in the faster lap times overall (by a small margin). Could it be because I watched this video? Maybe. In an effort to make this fair I took each car out and turned 10 lap sets alternating between the two for a combined 60 laps.

Not news by any stretch, but the U.S. models have left hand drive. Assuming the others have right hand drive, but I didn't confirm. So that's a difference if anyone cares to accept the differentiation.
Nice try m8.

I can't wait to get the g29 because my DFGT is broke and start to testing those cars that we believe is the same..

Yes the EU versions are right hand drive in cockpit cam.

Yes the EU versions are right hand drive in cockpit cam.

I looked a little more closely at the EU and US versions and the EU versions have little hash marks under the headlights (whatever those are?).

Any way to find out the most used car in GT6?

My guess is the Chapparal 2J.

This is debatable i understand what you mean especially when you look at Honda with the NSX and S2k's but they all have very slight differences which technically makes them different cars so the official number is technically correct but i have a rule that I don't buy a car if its not got a detailed interior as if it lacks detail on the inside then often lacks it on the outside so this number doesn't bother me much atall but that's my opinion so yeah.

JAMP0T1

Back