The Renault Alpine- official pics of the new A110

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 512 comments
In My opinion its overpriced. It has a boring engine. Looks nothing special. This would be My last pick at this price. I would rather take a Corvette C5-c7 over this every day in the week.
Better sounding
To me better looking.
Faster. This is just My thoughts on how a extreamly good value sports car.
Would even take the Porsche cayman over it as well
But american cars is better value sports car, its just the way it is. E.x Corvette c6 you can buy for the price of an vw golf r. With very few Miles on it. It has plastic interior but i could not care less about that. Becouse i am buying it for its looks perfomence and sound. And no other car can get Me that for the same kind of money. If i had 200k to spend then Porsche 911 gt3 would be intresting. The one of the very few intresting porsches. Most of them sound terrible. But the gt3 is Amazing sounding i have driven one in real life

This post is like the exact opposite of my opinion.

Indeed, I think I would prefer a Lotus over this Alpine.

Lotus Elise Cup 220 or 250
Watching youtube clips about the Lotus Elise Cup 250, I think I going to change my mind and prefer the Alpine over the Lotus.

I am really, really sad that they aren't going to sell this here in NA. I was genuinely considering selling off both my classic machines in order to make a huge downpayment (in order to afford the car, which otherwise is very much out of my price-range). That's saying a lot, because I really like my current cars, but the new 110? Yeah, definitely something I would consider. Now I'm counting down until I can import one. What is it, 25-years?

Blame the general American love of gigantic over-powered unwieldy crap-boxes with awful low-quality super-plastic interiors that only go in straight lines. I expect they think nobody here would buy one :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: (Although, I do have admit, the sports-car market here would probably be hard to break into; I expect it's not a huge market in the US and that the various models of Porsche, along with the Miata, Corvette, and now the excellent-handling Ford Mustang probably have it pretty much saturated).

Last edited:
It’s not rocket science, in North America we already have a light, automatic-only, mid-engined, overpriced, underpowered on paper, attractively-designed sports car with a mundane engine on sale from a recently reintroduced European brand with a history of poor reliability and a small dealer network stuck in the corner of showrooms of dealers used to selling cheap vehicles to people with poor credit ratings (assuming the Alpine would be sold at select Nissan dealers), it’s called the Alfa Romeo 4C and the sales speak for themselves. The audience for the two cars will be nearly identical. About the only difference I can see with the Alpine is being French it will probably be more driveable on normal roads than the super-stiff Alfa, and it’s interior is nicer and more worth its price.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2014/09/alfa-romeo-4c-sales-figures-usa-canada/

Here is the Cayman by comparison, and the Boxster sells a slightly smaller number than that itself each year.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/porsche-cayman-sales-figures/

Last edited:
About the only difference I can see with the Alpine is being French it will probably be more driveable on normal roads than the super-stiff Alfa, and it’s interior is nicer and more worth its price.
Yeah, the key difference between the pair is that the Alpine is actually good.

Pricing-wise... dunno about elsewhere, but in the UK it starts at around £47k. For that there's nothing else available that's as fun. M2 Comp possibly closest, but not sure how many people would cross-shop. Cayman closer in concept and obviously very good, but that's not as fun either. Supra? Nope. Good, but not a patch on the Alpine. And the 4C itself is way more expensive (by around £10k in the UK) and nowhere near as good.

(Personally, the engine is far from mundane for me. Maybe a four-cylinder 1.8 turbo doesn't look that impressive on paper, but in terms of sound/response it's probably about the best 4cyl currently on sale, and given the car's so light it's certainly powerful enough too)

You're right though. It probably wouldn't sell. The market for that kind of car in the US is pretty slim. It's slim globally, but at least the brand's heritage means more to Europeans than it does to Americans, and the overheads are lower selling a car built in France to the rest of Europe. Interestingly they do sell it in Japan, where it's about 7.9m Yen, which is about £57k - which illustrates how the price would probably go up by the time it'd reached the US.

Yeah, the key difference between the pair is that the Alpine is actually good.

Pricing-wise... dunno about elsewhere, but in the UK it starts at around £47k. For that there's nothing else available that's as fun. M2 Comp possibly closest, but not sure how many people would cross-shop. Cayman closer in concept and obviously very good, but that's not as fun either. Supra? Nope. Good, but not a patch on the Alpine. And the 4C itself is way more expensive (by around £10k in the UK) and nowhere near as good.

(Personally, the engine is far from mundane for me. Maybe a four-cylinder 1.8 turbo doesn't look that impressive on paper, but in terms of sound/response it's probably about the best 4cyl currently on sale, and given the car's so light it's certainly powerful enough too)

You're right though. It probably wouldn't sell. The market for that kind of car in the US is pretty slim. It's slim globally, but at least the brand's heritage means more to Europeans than it does to Americans, and the overheads are lower selling a car built in France to the rest of Europe. Interestingly they do sell it in Japan, where it's about 7.9m Yen, which is about £57k - which illustrates how the price would probably go up by the time it'd reached the US.

I meant mundane as in it’s available in more mundane vehicles, things like the Jeep Renegade in the Alfa’s case and the Renault Espace (according to Wikipedia) in the Alpine’s case. Porsche’s bespoke engine and manual transmission availability are huge legs up.

The 4C got much more positive reviews in NA when it was released than in Europe, mostly because we’re not used to cars like that here so it’s special. The Alpine’s novelty would also make up for any shortcomings, but I agree it’s far better executed in every way. It’s also more faithful to the original than something like the Supra, even though it’s not truly rear-engined

Last edited:
About the only difference I can see with the Alpine is being French it will probably be more driveable on normal roads than the super-stiff Alfa, and it’s interior is nicer and more worth its price.

Yeah, the reviews I've seen so far definitely indicate to me that the Alpine A110 (NOT the A110s) is probably the modern car I would actually want (although I do wish it had a real manual option). The reviews mostly indicate that the thing is just an absolute joy, and that's what I want. I don't care about the raw-numbers at all, what I want is the most enjoyable (as in fun) experience I can get while driving, which is exactly why I rear-round-daily drive my 43 year old 912E. Just pure driving joy.

I do have to admit, I kind of hope the 4C holds resale value like Alphas traditionally have. It would be fun to be able to pick one up in another 5 or 10 years for pennies on the dollar, just to experience it for a while and then sell it on. But I have no real interest in the 4C overall.

Last edited:
69174192_10157338438542777_7195961810296504320_n.jpg

69212094_10157338756837777_3347895911668776960_o.jpg

68934032_10157338758602777_8116413098996269056_o.jpg

First pics of the Alpine A110 R-GT

Translated by Google Translate

His return has been a dream for motorsport enthusiasts for many years. The Alpine A110 Rally, long awaited by the nostalgic of the French brand, made its first dynamic tests in this month of August.

The blue car rides the small roads of western France this week; management is entrusted to Team FJ and the development provided by Signatech. Several drivers of various profiles (professionals, gentlemen-drivers, young and experienced) take turns on board, in order to gather as much information as possible before its homologation scheduled for the end of 2019.

The Alpine A110 Rally, officially announced by the manufacturer Renault group property in May 2019, is developed by the company Signatech, already the author of the GT4 and Cup version in 2018. The engine is taken from the standard version S and delivers 300 horses. The weight must be contained at 1,050 kg despite the safety devices required by the International Automobile Federation (FIA).

Rally fans can check the weekend of 5-7 September 2019 if they want to admire the Alpine A110 Rally. One copy will indeed act as an opening car during the Rally Mont Blanc Morzine (Haute-Savoie) in the hands of a driver adept of aggressive trajectories: Emmanuel Guigou.

The Alpine A110 Rallye will compete with the Abarth 124 Rally and other Porsche 911 GT3 from the beginning of 2020, when it will be homologated for the R-GT category, both at the level of the FIA and the French Federation of Motor Sport ( FFSA).

https://www.autohebdo.fr/autres-cou...aDp6d8EmLTMOpkvzwyUjkjIPKK0azrX2sTt7COJ5q1vYg

Looks like Alpine could be heading on the same trajectory as Lotus. Honestly, I think this has more positives than negatives; we could start seeing more lightweight EV performance cars.

Alpine A110 E-ternity Prototype

1658457827038.png

1658457837069.png

1658457849522.png

1658457861426.png

Alpine calls the EV prototype the A110 E-ternity, and engineers were able to fit a battery pack and electric motor into the coupe. It’s quite the feat, with Alpine having to modify the 12 battery modules, placing four in the front and eight in the rear. EV powertrains aren’t light, and Alpine EV gains about 568 pounds (258 kilograms) over the ICE variant, tipping the scales at 3,037 lbs (1,378 kG). Alpine targeted 2,910 lbs (1,320 kg).

The Alpine borrows its powertrain components from the Renault Mégane E-Tech. The E-ternity produces 238 horsepower (178 kilowatts) and 221 pound-feet (300 Newton-meters) of torque. The ICE variant makes a bit more power, delivering 288 hp (215 kW) and 236 lb-ft (320 Nm). The ICE is also quicker to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour), needing 4.4 seconds to the EV’s 4.5.

Alpine did more to the A110 than swap out the powertrain. The E-ternity prototype also includes other innovations, like an open-roof design. The brand was able to engineer a removable roof without impacting the car’s rigidity, which Alpine made with recycled carbon. Alpine designed and built it in-house. Alpine also made some components from flax, which it calls “a material of the future.”

I'm impressed that they did not make it some 500hp drag missile with a 100kwh battery. Still though, it's hard to see how this makes a better sports car than the ICE equivalent. I struggle to see how any manufacturer could make a compelling sports car with current battery tech. I think Hydrogen fuel cells might make more sense even if there are obviously issues with those as well.

Well, it appears that Alpine is the latest sports brand to enter the SUV market, and the US market. It has been confirmed that Alpine is developing two, all-new SUVs specific to the US market, making it the first French car brand in the US in roughly 30 years. Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi says he "sees the U.S. as crucial for boosting Alpine's volume". The upcoming SUVs will be performance-oriented in nature and rival the Porsche Macan and Cayenne respectively.

A110 is that mystical sauce that would've instantly doubled total sales if released over here. It would've sold faster than they could make them, just like the Cayman.

My first new car will have to be something interesting and if Alpine is offering a properly good product then it'll be high on my list. Hopefully they can get them here earlier than 2027 by which point EVs will be pretty highly developed across the board.

The automaker is negotiating with AutoNation, the largest auto dealer group in the US, to sell the sporty French vehicles at its network of showrooms.

"It’s not easy because we are not present in the U.S. and we have to start from scratch,” Renault Group Luca de Meo told Automotive News. He didn't provide a timeframe for when the models could be on sale in the US.

De Meo indicated that there are alternate plans to bring Alpine to the US if the talks with AutoNation don't result in a deal. However, he didn't offer any specifics about what the other plans might be.

I'm surprised they want to bring the A110 to the US considering how old it is now. Although they could be instead just laying the groundwork for selling the future Alpine EVs over here as stated at the end of the article

Alpine plans to keep the current A110 in its lineup until the end of 2026 when an electric model would replace it. In 2027 and 2028, the broad plans to broaden the range by introducing electric SUVs. The automaker would roughly position them against the Porsche Macan and Cayenne. De Meo previously said he thought this pair of vehicles would sell well in the US.

I'm surprised they want to bring the A110 to the US considering how old it is now.
We don't care about that because we've been wanting it for years. It'll sell as well as the Cayman. I would consider getting one.

I would absolutely be interested in an A110 if they were sold here. I love the MR Porsches not because they are made by Porsche but because they are small mid engined sports cars...not too many of those left.

I've been thinking about it more and I feel like it's unlikely the A110 will be sold here. They would have to modify the car to satisfy American standards as well as crash tests.

Most likely, they're probably just making plans for future EVs. If they make an agreement now, they have three years to develop the dealer and service networks

According to Renault Australia general manager Glen Sealey, there likely would have been a seamless transition from the current petrol A110 here, if it wasn’t for the updated safety regulations that ended local sales of the A110 in 2021.

“We’d still be importing the Alpine A110 if we could, if ADR 85 didn’t come along,” he said.

ADR 85/00, introduced in 2017, introduced new pole side impact regulation requirements that gave existing, non-complying models until November 2021 to comply.

The Alpine 110, Nissan GT-R, Lexus IS and RC and Mitsubishi Mirage were all pulled off the market as they were not able to be made compliant.

Mr Sealey pointed to the compact Alpine coupe’s success globally, suggesting the petrol-powered A110 would last a while longer globally.

“It’s been performing really well. If you look at the financials, the A110 is up 33 per cent year on year globally. So there is demand for the last of those internal combustion engine vehicles,” he said.

Supporting a return of the reinvigorated brand here, Mr Sealey was positive about its chances of a comeback.

“They are working on a new product plan as you know, with Alpine, and we’re very excited with it; we think that Alpine will work really well in Australia,” he enthused.

Alpine to race a modified version of the A110 GT4 Evo at Pikes Peak

4fe8fcd2c14c0681177bce25cf487809-2000x1114.jpg.webp

Always ready to take on the toughest challenges, the Alpine and Signatech teams will tackle Pikes Peak on Sunday, 25 June, with an Alpine A110 GT4 Evo. The car has undergone extensive development work to master the subtleties of this iconic climb and features imposing aerodynamic appendages to keep it stuck to the ground.

In conjunction with Alpine's design office, Signatech engineers and technicians have focused on aerodynamics and the engine to meet the stated challenges. To underline the links with the road car while demonstrating all the inherent qualities of the A110's chassis on American soil, the A-arrowed brand has also chosen to enter the Time Attack 1 category. As such, the Alpine A110 GT4 Evo will remain in two-wheel drive mode in a field where it will be alongside more atypical prototypes with different philosophies, such as those entered in the Unlimited category.

Alpine will rely on the experience of Raphaël Astier in its maiden Pikes Peak appearance. Winner of the 2022 FIA R-GT Cup with the Alpine A110 Rally, the Frenchman has four previous Pikes Peak starts to his name. In his third participation, he set the record for his class - already in Time Attack 1 - by completing the climb in 9:23.721s. On the strength of this promising initiatory course, Raphaël Astier now embarks on this new journey, which Alpine is approaching, as always, with humility and an irrepressible thirst for learning in the face of the eight other prestigious brands that it will face in Time Attack.

Alpine's entry to this year's Pikes Peak

alpine-a110-la-vettura-da-corsa-per-la-pikes-peak-2023.jpg

Alpine's first entry in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is a joint effort with racing team Signatech to develop a bespoke A110 that will race to the clouds on June 25. The hardcore machine has already been tested at Lurcy-Lévis and will be subjected to two additional evaluations in southern France before heading to Colorado Springs for the challenging event.

Aside from the dual-piece wing, the bespoke race car has a prominent front splitter with large side deflectors while the central fin sits above a roof scoop that feeds air to the uprated engine. The aggressive diffuser is flanked by deflectors part of a greater aero kit that also includes a rear spoiler and redesigned side skirts.

Then there are the changes we can't see. Chief of which is the engine as it now pumps out nearly 500 horsepower (373 kW). In the road-going version, the turbocharged 1.8-liter gasoline unit shared with the Renault Megane RS produces as much as 296 hp (221 kW).

Alpine has managed to remove even more weight from the A110 as the Pikes Peak version tips the scales at just 2,094 pounds (950 kilograms). It’s even lighter than the featherweight Mazda MX-5 990S special edition launched in Japan in late 2021 while having nearly three times the power.

Back