The Renault Alpine- official pics of the new A110

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 512 comments
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but it appears the new Alpine is really rather good:

Really, really excited to drive it now. A colleague who drove a prototype about six months ago had some major reservations about it, but everyone who went on the launch has come back absolutely raving about it, so they must have fixed whatever was wrong before.

a110_dynamic_racetrack-6.jpg

a110_dynamic-9.jpg

a110_details-1.jpg

Since the very first picture at the top of the page shows the car on track and suffering from some dreadful oversteer, i guess not :(
I... I suspect that's deliberate.

Don't see why not though. Good balance, decent performance, light weight - has all the right ingredients.

This car doesn't need to evolve, yet. It's too soon.
A seperate, more hardcore, spartan version in the future might me possible though. Not that the A110 needs a hardcore version of itself but it might be possible.

Chris Harris And Eddie Jordan Fled Alpine A110 Fire During Top Gear Shoot

There was an incident during filming in Monaco last Monday morning with an Alpine that led to a fire taking hold of the main vehicle – which Alpine is now investigating.

Thankfully Chris Harris and passenger Eddie Jordan, both exited the stationary vehicle unhurt.
There’s no word yet on what caused the fire. Alpine’s spokesperson admitted to The Daily Mail that there was a “technical incident” during filming, and that, as a precaution, the company has “frozen all driving activities for pre-production cars.”

Hopefully it was an isolated incident.

At least it wasn’t a one of a kind car this time. :lol:

That statement has its positives and negatives (particularly for those who have just ordered the A110 :scared:)

Mazda Furai, we will never forget you.

Good thing that Top Gear isn't as big as it was, because otherwise this whole catching fire thing could seriously do some damage for Alpine in the long run, being a brand revival car and all.

On my instagram feed, someone found an Alpine with French license plate in Dubai. Maybe for hot weather testings before the official launch of the car? Or simply some rich guy decided to import his car into the emirates?
falcon589_BhfAEJ6lnRJ.jpg

A110 Sport spyshots

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1111805_2020-alpine-a110-sport-spy-shots

2020-alpine-a110-sport-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100702120_h.jpg

2020-alpine-a110-sport-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100702122_h.jpg

2020-alpine-a110-sport-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100702124_h.jpg

The A110 Sport was reported to be coming with upgrades developed from lessons learned in the A110 racing program, specifically from development of the A110 GT4 race car launched for the 2019 motorsport season.

You can already see a new front splitter and rear spoiler fitted to the prototype. Other upgrades are thought to include reduced weight and more power than the 252 horsepower that the stock A110's 1.8-liter turbocharged inline-4 makes. Alpine is also likely to have increased the chassis stiffness. There could also be revisions in store for the steering, exhaust, traction control, and 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.

It's possible an announcement is made at the 2019 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Source: https://media.group.renault.com/glo.../alpine-accelere-son-programme-en-competition

THE BIG RETURN TO RALLYING

World Champion in 1973, Alpine wrote some of the finest pages in its history in rally and the least that can be said is that its return to the special stages has been highly anticipated by many competitors and observers!

Signatech has been entrusted with the design, development and marketing of a rally version of the Alpine A110 from an overall framework defined by Alpine aimed at preserving the strengths and spirit of the production car. As for the GT4 and Cup, Philippe Sinault's structure will work in close collaboration with the Alpine teams.

Based on the A110 Cup, this two-wheel drive version will produce nearly 300 horsepower. It is intended primarily for asphalt rallies and drivers looking for a fast, fun and easy to drive product. Its homologation and which category it will compete in is currently under discussion with the FFSA and the FIA. The technical specifications and price will be announced in September.

Available in the second half of 2019, the first examples of the Alpine A110 "Rally" will be delivered in two stages by the end of the year, first in France, then in Europe.

Régis Fricotté, Alpine Director of sales and competition

We are very pleased to expand Alpine's racing programme. Our involvement in LMP2 gives us an international showcase where the results have met expectations since 2013. Our community understands our approach and you only have to go to Le Mans to see what Alpine means to Endurance. As for customer racing, the A110 Cup and A110 GT4 have already found their supporters thanks to fast, reliable and affordable cars. Their success was a prerequisite for a return to rally, which is deeply rooted in our DNA. We will continue our relationship of trust with Signatech, whose expertise is invaluable in the development of the sports versions of the A110. Like all fans, we cannot wait to see the Alpine name shine on the special stages again!

Philippe Sinault, Signatech Director

It is a fantastic opportunity to be able to work with a brand enjoying such heritage both on circuit and rallying. We are proud to represent Alpine in the World Endurance Championship, and this feeling is growing as we keep scoring podiums, wins and titles. The arrival of the production car allowed us to launch the A110 GT4 and Cup. Their first year of commercialization is not yet finished, but they have made their mark in the European landscape at an incredible speed. Now it's time to tackle Alpine's comeback rally.

Yep. Alpine is back to the rally with new A110!!!

modern-rally-car-renders-08-1.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I actually like this. The A110 of old is an all-time favorite of mine. I don't think this newer Alpine is as beautiful as the classic one, but I do think this is a stylish sports car.

Too expensive there are way more intresting cars for this kind of money in My opinion

Eh? Even at the straight-conversion USD price — which would be unlikely if Renault did ship it here — I can't think of many (new) cars I'd seriously consider over this. $80k gets you into a base Cayman GTS (ie. a car that probably doesn't exist outside of the website). I've driven the Cayman S and it's an exceptional drive, so I don't doubt the GTS is sharper still. But I believe the Alpine would feel more special, and if I'm forced to pick between turbo fours, I'd rather listen to the French car's.

Supra and $20k in pocket change? Maybe; I can't give my opinion on how that drives (yet), but despite us comparing it to the regular A110, I don't really see them as direct competitors. Vette? Even more of a different proposition. I think I'd rather take a Shelby GT350 if I were looking American, anyway.

Lotus' lineup is probably the closest thing to the Alpine, but the only option here is the Evora 400, and that's $95k.

Eh? Even at the straight-conversion USD price — which would be unlikely if Renault did ship it here — I can't think of many (new) cars I'd seriously consider over this. $80k gets you into a base Cayman GTS (ie. a car that probably doesn't exist outside of the website). I've driven the Cayman S and it's an exceptional drive, so I don't doubt the GTS is sharper still. But I believe the Alpine would feel more special, and if I'm forced to pick between turbo fours, I'd rather listen to the French car's.

Supra and $20k in pocket change? Maybe; I can't give my opinion on how that drives (yet), but despite us comparing it to the regular A110, I don't really see them as direct competitors. Vette? Even more of a different proposition. I think I'd rather take a Shelby GT350 if I were looking American, anyway.

Lotus' lineup is probably the closest thing to the Alpine, but the only option here is the Evora 400, and that's $95k.
Indeed, I think I would prefer a Lotus over this Alpine.

Lotus Elise Cup 220 or 250

In My opinion its overpriced. It has a boring engine. Looks nothing special. This would be My last pick at this price. I would rather take a Corvette C5-c7 over this every day in the week.
Better sounding
To me better looking.
Faster. This is just My thoughts on how a extreamly good value sports car.
Would even take the Porsche cayman over it as well
But american cars is better value sports car, its just the way it is. E.x Corvette c6 you can buy for the price of an vw golf r. With very few Miles on it. It has plastic interior but i could not care less about that. Becouse i am buying it for its looks perfomence and sound. And no other car can get Me that for the same kind of money. If i had 200k to spend then Porsche 911 gt3 would be intresting. The one of the very few intresting porsches. Most of them sound terrible. But the gt3 is Amazing sounding i have driven one in real life

Last edited:
I wonder if the 'S' will hit the sweet spot in the same way the regular car did? Adding more power and making the suspension stiffer doesn't always make a car any better.

Back