The Rises and Falls of a Champion: Shall I end it?

• Thread starter Skython
  • 145 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not offended, I use a DS3 when I don't have enough time to set up the wheel, since the PS3 is actually in my brother's room. But even with a wheel I struggle sometimes (some of the tests are bordering impossible to even get silver)

But the silvers was meant to show he's above average but not an extremely talented driver yet, so hat paragraph was very meaningless :P

Chapter 5.1: Am I in??

Over the next four months, Jimmy practiced and practiced racing at Addleton, besting a 4th place at the last race. It was 1 and a half months till the deadline and this weekend Jimmy wanted to win it.
“Greg, hurry up, I want to show up at this one, I’ve practiced every weekend, let’s go,” Jimmy packed his gear into the Yaris. Greg walked out of the house,
“oh no, that is hideous, god change it,” Greg complained, he also hid his face.
“I may be ugly but there’s no reason to remind me,” Jimmy joked,
“Not you you fool,” Greg said,
“The Yaris, it’s some sort of musky green, I must get the colour changing sorted,” he carried on.
“Maybe it was the paint you put on,” Jimmy said,
“No, the paint tin never said colour changes when car is left alone and not running,” Greg said.
“Let’s go, you can make the team today,” said Greg. He walked past Jimmy and patted him on the back. Jimmy got into the Nissan, and Greg got into the Yaris and they headed to Ambleton.

They arrived to the same types of cars as usual, Mitsubishi’s, Nissan’s and Toyotas’.
“You’ll win today, remember that you have to get first to make the team,” Greg told Jimmy,
“I know, I don’t think I’ll get it, I haven’t even made the podium yet,” Jimmy’s head sank a little.
“Don’t think like that, at least Darry Vent doesn’t know we smashed his Mercedes,” Greg laughed,
“hahahaa, he thought it was the Osama Bin Laden back from the dead,” Jimmy said. They both laughed.
“It was Osama, in ghost form he can’t use explosives, so he throws our stuff,” Greg said. Suddenly Jim came out of nowhere,
“I hear Mark Flares gave you an offer, did you take it,” Jim said.
“I wish, I have to win this race for the place,” Jimmy replied,
“hen you better win it,” Jim smiled.
“Jimmy, get on the start line, the race is about to start,” Greg shouted from the distance. Jimmy put on the complex racing seat belts and drove onto the track.

Jimmy thought of how he’d do it, he knows the track better than before and knows where he can overtake.
“The first turn is good for overtaking, and so is the last 4 turns, so pass in there every lap and you’ll be good,” Jimmy said to himself. The lights counted down,
“Arrgh, déjà vu,” Jimmy thought.

Red went

Orange blanked out

Jimmy grabbed the wheel and the gear stick.

“hahahaa, he thought it was the Osama Bin Laden back from the dead,” Jimmy said. They both laughed.
“It was Osama, in ghost form he can’t use explosives, so he throws our stuff,” Greg said.

Nice. I love Osama jokes.

Chapter 5 2/2 (the rest of it anyway)

The grid waited, the light was about to go

"THIS IS LIKE DEJA VU, I RACED THESE EXACT CARS AT THE FIRST RACE, ONLY THE COLOURS HAVE CHANGED"
Jimmy was patient for the start

"Yep, I get my butt whipped now, just wait till the close in"

"I'm moving in, I've gotten passed the Ginetta, now the Mazda again"

How did the Mazda get passed me and the Silvia in about 100 meters?"

"NO!! Don't do it, it's so tempting to ram him but I know I can't"

"YES!!!! Now, come here let's see how hard this Focus can focus"

"Focus, yeah right, it must be a Fiesta under the body, ha"

"Sliding here brings back memories, remember?

"Hahahaa, Mark really didn't enjoy that"

"They're not trying!!"

"bom bom bom. Bada ba ba bada. Another one bites the dust"

"POWER!!!!!" I can pass him"

"AAARRGGGHHHH... DOUBLE VISION... THEY'RE MULTIPLYING!!!!!!!!"

"AAARRGGGHHHH... I tapped him, he's more defensive than the others"

"or not"

"YEEEES!!! SECOND!!!!! I'M IN"

"SECOOOO!!! Wait, is he gaining..."

"Not good not good. GO YOU 🤬 THING, I want second!!!!"

"NOOOO, He's through"

"Well third, a personal record, disappointed about losing second though :grumpy:"

Jimmy pulls into the pits to see Greg laughing,
"You should have seen your face change on the final straight when the Z started gaining, hahahahaaa," Greg showed Jimmy a piece of paper of Jimmy's face in the open face helmet, and Jimmy started laughing as well.
"That makes the loss mean nothing, hahahahaaa," Jimmy laughed. Greg added to it.
"Watch this video," he says, he shows a video of the in-car cam of Jimmy's car, there is a seat and a driver and something that almost resembles the top half of a steering wheel.
"So that's why there's no interior in standard cars," Jimmy said. It showed Jimmy on the final straight moving backwards and forwards shouting abuse at the car. The laughter grew, then Mark grabbed the laptop and looked at it. He started laughing as well. Then he snapped out of it.
"Well done, you made third, it was really close. Here are some forms, fill em out, and you're on the team," Mark said.
"Didn't he have to win to be hired," Greg asked.
"No, I said third if I remember correctly," Mark corrected. Jimmy and Greg turned to each other,
"HIGH FIVE!!!" They both shouted, they high fived and Jimmy read the form which had a lot of boring stuff on it, and at the bottom it said:

To put this into short, you race for me, I get paid for placing WELL, you get paid for getting me there, and I make you sign this (Also, I now get to be part of your team, and will follow you through your career which goes somewhere I don't want the reader's to know yet, which is an edible cactus in South Africa)
Jimmy read all of it except some bits,
"DEAL!!!!!" He shouted, and signed the paper and gave it to Mark who just turned away and walked off.

They went home.
"I can't believe you made it onto the team, this is awesome, I wonder where the race is," Greg said.
"Maybe if you read the rest of this fan fic you'd know where it was," Jimmy replied. Greg instantly jumped on the PC,
"what are you doing," Jimmy asked.
"Getting onto GTP to read the start of the story," he replied, Jimmy decide to sit it out and go to bed.

4 hours later

"Ooooooh, GERMANY, WE'RE GOING TO GERMANY!" Greg shouted. It woke up Jimmy, and then Greg went to sleep

Cheers, Skython

There's a hidden message in the contract for Jimmy's place on Mark's team, highlight it and find out now!!!! ;)

What's up with the cactus? :confused:

:cheers: oopssorryy,, it goes well, I refuse to tell what goes well because it's a surprise ;) (if that makes any sense)

Chapter remade about 6 or 7 posts downwards :cheers:

Ooops, double post

Last edited:
Hello!!!! hello hello

Is it really that mindnumbingly boring boring boring

Or are they waiting for pictures :boggled: :rolleyes:

Meh, probably needs rewriting, it is rather dull isn't it

Ooops, triple post

Last edited:
Fix your capitalizations. :P Try putting a bit more effort, and more people will like it for sure. I'm just saying.

Yeah, just take your time, interludes pointed out that pictures are strictly optional. A text-heavy chapter for something "temporary" should do while you're out there making the pictures. ;)

:cheers:, uMadson.

I'm remaking this chapter, it is rather dull, that is a promise now, be back in however long it takes

:cheers:, uMadson.

I'm remaking this chapter, it is rather dull, that is a promise now, be back in however long it takes

I'm making Chapter 1.5 in my fanfic, first to release the new chapter wins :P

Disregard that, I know you got business to attend to sometimes, but when you can't get pictures, just remember that all you have to write is additional pylons words.

Good chapter, the only bit I found the dragged a bit was learning the track, but other than that I liked it.

Thanks, I do need to put more effort in, even I felt it was a bit wrong. To be honest I don't know why I put it up, it clearly wasn't ready, chapter is 60% recomplete

Chapter 6: Brave New World

The room is dark, and the curtains remained to be opened, a small streak of light beaming through the centre, right into the squinting eyes of Jimmy Veraan, again.
“Dammit, now I see why people get blinds, stupid sun,” Jimmy bellowed. He threw his alarm clock at the curtain, and watched it fall to the ground and smash, he laughed.
“Hahaa, that’ll teach you for waking me up to early,” he flopped back into his pillow. “Now what is the time,” Jimmy reaches for his watch. It was his first watch, it works but it has a broken strap, and has duct tape hanging off it in an attempt to fix it.
“1:30, hmmm, wait, it’s the afternoon, damn, I’m waking later and later, soon I’ll be like my sister, and then I’ll be nocturnal,” Jimmy got dressed and walked to the living room.
“Hey Jimmy,” Greg sat there on the Xbox, playing Forza 3,
“weeee, up yours munter,” he shouted. Then suddenly his car flew into the sky and started endlessly rolling for no apparent reason.
“Dammit, stupid game, I knew I should have gotten GT5,” Greg threw the controller at the TV, and it exploded.
“How did that explode? Greg, are you testing with dynamite again,” Jimmy asked, Greg nodded,
“Better than a grenade,” Greg replied. Jimmy laughed,
“Got everything packed for Germany,” Jimmy asked,
“WHAT!!!! Who’s Germany,” Greg jumped up and dived out the window.
“Dammit, that’s the 4th window this month, and it’s only the third day of the month,” Jimmy walked outside to see Greg hiding under the Yaris.
“There is no one called Germany, we’re going there, I was asking if you had your things ready,” Jimmy said.
“Ooooh, right, yeah I do have everything ready,” Greg got out from under the car and opened the boot,
“Get your things before we miss our flight,” Greg demanded. Jimmy walked in to see Greg standing in the middle of the hallway.
“How the hell did he get?” Jimmy was interrupted.
“Another plot hole, I needed to get one last thing, Greg ran into his room.
“Which one, which one,” Greg looked at pictures of himself,
“You,” he said in a high pitched voice.
Greg left the room, and the faces on the photos watched him,
“oooooooh,” they all sighed, except for one who was laughing.
“Hahahahahaaa, ooowww,” he sighed as well.

Jimmy and Greg met at the car,
“Okay, we’re heading to the airport now, let’s go,” Jimmy got into the driver’s seat.
“My car, I drive,” Greg joked.
“But there’s no room in the passenger seat,” Jimmy complained.
*Next scene*
(first speaker is Jimmy, and the second is Greg, it carries on like 1 2 1 2 for this whole in car bit)
“Get off, you’re touching my,”
“It’s not me; it’s the battery that’s in my pocket. HEY, stop biting my leg,”
“It’s not me”
“Then who is it”
“The sandwich on my lap”
“Oh, I see it… Eeeeew, why is it that colour”
“he’s getting old okay.”
There was silence in the car and for the rest of the drive to the airport. They made their way through the mobs of tourists and old people.
“How the hell do people put up with this,” Greg shouted. Jimmy shrugged, and then they reached the metal detectors, Jimmy went through, nothing. Then Greg went through, I said, Greg went through.
Beep beep beep.

“Please check your pockets,” the security guards asked, Greg reached into his pockets and pulled out everything, and this is what the security found:
A compass
A battery
A container of alcohol
A book called, 101 Reasons to Murder flight attendants and pilots
And lastly, 2 knives

“All this in your pockets,” they asked, Greg nodded, they turned away. A big fat security guard approached Greg,
“Sir, why do you have all these weapons, you wouldn’t happen to be intending to see the flight attendants and pilots would you,” he asked.
“Uuuum” Greg looked at his book,
“Noooo, I don’t have any reasons to murder,” Greg laughed uncomfortably. The guards looked at each other,
“We never mentioned murder,” they both said. Greg looked at both of them, Jimmy laughed and walked towards the plane,
“Jimmy, how dare you just walk away,” he shouted, then the guards ran after Jimmy and tackled him.
“Ouch, that’s gotta hurt,” Greg muttered.
“Sir, do you know this man over here,” the security asked Jimmy.
“He’s my mate, and he’s got a brick,” Greg shouted as he was laughing.
“Yeah, I know him, just take his weapons, he’s too idiotic to use weaponry on living things,” Jimmy told him. After half an hour of arguing they convince the guards to let them onto the plane.

“Jimmy, isn’t there meant to be a sort of thing here to get us onto the plane,” Greg looked up at the plane,
“Greg, run away from the plane, before it starts up,” Jimmy shouted, and they ran back into the building, the guards immediately looked at them, Jimmy and Greg stopped, “Damn, Mark is going to be waiting for ages now, and he’ll kick us off the team,” Jimmy told Greg. Just as he said that a very wealthy looking man walked past, and looked at them,
‘Mark… Team, do you mean Mark Flares,” he said.
“Yes, yes, can you help us, we need to be in Germany pronto,” Jimmy told him. The man looked at the guards,
“Oh guards,” he shouted. The guards walked over to them.
“These boys have been given a top secret message by the government, and it needs to be in Germany by tomorrow, but missed the final flight there for the day” the man told him. The guards ran away again and got the owner of the company.
“Come with us, we’ll take you there on our private jet, your bags are all ready on the plane I guess,” he said.
“Yeah,” Jimmy and Greg replied. The two were immediately flown off to Germany on the jet, the workers at the German airport were told to get the bags into an office in the building, so their bags were safe. Jimmy and Greg enjoyed a ride of alcohol for Greg and just a lot of water for Jimmy, flash water. They also ate like kings on the way, and were sad to find they’d arrived in Germany, the land of serious cars that aren’t that much fun. Mark was waiting in an almost empty room. Greg and Jimmy were handed their bags, and Mark took them somewhere to sleep for the night.

They arrived at a 5-star hotel, Mark paid for a one week stay, and then headed off somewhere that the two had no idea about in his Dodge Ram.
“Now, what room are we,” Greg said,
“Check the key,” Jimmy started walking away. Greg looked at the key,
“It doesn’t have a number,” he shouted. He ran to Jimmy, who just used the almighty facepalm. They started knocking trying to lock and unlock every door.
“Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope…”
They reached the final door,
“didn’t work, what the hell,” Greg knocked on the door, and it swung open. The two had a horrific look on their face when they saw the person.
“Jimmy, is that a man, or a woman,” Greg whispered.
“Was wollen Sie,” the thing said.
“Okay, it’s either a man, or a woman with balls,” Jimmy whispered back. The two got more afraid.
“Nevermind, we got the wrong haha, dooooor,” Jimmy said. Greg pushed Jimy out of the way,
“Sorry for bothering you your ugliness… I mean, nevermind,” Greg ran away screaming like a girl, all the way to the start of the hall, Jimmy trying to unlock it. Suddenly Jimmy managed to open it, and they ran in and locked up.
“Okay, remind me not to go left when exiting this room,” Greg said from under the nearest table.
“We tried almost every door but it happens to be the first one. The one we didn’t try, typical,” Jimmy said from behind the curtain.
“Okay, I think we should rest,” Jimmy said as he unwrapped himself from the curtain,
“I won’t be able to sleep, I might wakeup with a hairy and very confused lady with… Man parts in my bed,” Greg said.
“I’m not coming out from here,” Greg added. Jimmy shrugged and walked off to go to sleep.

In the morning Jimmy rushed himself out of the hotel, dragging out a still asleep Greg, who is still wearing what we wore the previous day, in fear of getting changed incase the thing was watching. Mark helped them into his Dodge Ram, and they headed to the track for a lesson on how to drive Deep Forest Raceway.

They drove through the German streets, the people eating schnitzels and drinking a lot of alcohol. Eventually arriving at a no gutless zone, where only the fast succeed, Deep Forest Raceway. They drove under the underground passage to the small infield.
“Here we are, this is where you’ll be racing. This is a difficult track, so let me take you on a tour around it, in the Ram since I want you to be driving when you witness our race car,” Mark turned onto the track and started driving.
“Okay, this is the small jump, be careful as some cars can get twitchy here. Then through turn 1 it is a reasonably tight hairpin,” Mark turned the car with all his might.
“It must be hard to turn this 2 and a half tonne machine,” Jimmy said. Mark powered the mass powered heavyweight out of turn 1 almost completely ignoring Jimmy.
“Over this crest you might get air, especially in the faster cars with a lack of downforce. I know that my Chevy Camaro wheelies a bit over here,” he turned towards the grass and over the crest, which revealed a small turn.
“Remember that,” Mark said while driving,
“Hit the apex late here or have fun in the wall, then into these next turns you need to know. They’re harder than they look,” Mark said, as he braked coming through the 4th turn,
“Now through the 5th turn, the sharpest one on the track,” Mark then flung the wheel through the turn.
“The tunnel, this next turn you want to take easy, as it tightens,” Mark relaxed and turned in,
“Another tunnel and full power through here, the line is obvious, and brake when here,” he braked into the turn and continued.
“Well, this is like the previous major corner, take it easy or have fun fixing up the car,” Mark said. Onto the back straight they drove, there was silence, then the window started winding down,
“I’m going to vomit,” Greg said and dunked his head out of the window.
“Greg!!! I forgot you were in there,” Mark laughed. They drove through more tunnels and then a banked turn approached.
“You can get away with a lot here, the worst I’ve ever had is an off without touching a wall,” Mark turned through way too fast and went off on the exit,
“see,” Mark pulled at the wheel to countersteer a sliding Ram, Mark drove through a small full power turn.
“Now, the final corner, is similar to the previous major corner, but doesn’t have a tunnel before hand, and is a bit slower and less banked, so go a little too fast then start getting slower to find the max speed rather then slowly getting faster,” Mark explained. He then turned the corner almost effortlessly this time, then turned into the pit.

The three got out; Mark looked at the side of his truck, vomit dribbling down the black paint.
“Typical,” he muttered; and then approached Jimmy who was looking at a Volvo C30,
“Is this the car I’m driving,” he asked. Mark nodded,
“Can I drive it? Pwetty Pwease,” Jimmy asked. Mark nodded again, and Jimmy got in.

"Bet this will be a boring thing to drive, it's just a prettied up Volvo.

“This definitely isn’t stock, listen to that, it sounds like a V8. And where is this power coming from,”

“This can’t be a Volvo, it is about 5 times better than my pathetic Nissan,”

"Almost lifting here, far out"

"Not good, not good, remember what Mark said"

“Is this even front wheel drive!!!!?”

"Relax it, don't mash it"

"Jeeeeez, this thing just grips for dear life"

"I'm going so damn fast, how the hell does it do this," Jimmy screamed in disbelief

"Aaarrrrggggh, it's ripping my head off!!!!!"

"Don't kill yourself, Jimmy, take off the throttle"

"Uh oh, don't crash here, this is the most odd turn, the final one"

"Here I go"

"I'M ALIIIIVE"

"Another round of the office, let's go"

"Wow, this feels really fast"

"Yay, I didn't lock up this time"

"POWEEEEEEER!!!!!"

"Nooo, I'm not afraid of that ravine, hee hee hee heee... I'm getting to the other side of the track"

"Aaaarrrghhh, that was millimeters from the grass that time"

"And over the line, now I need to go into the pit to see how much I beat the record by," Jimmy said feeling rather up himself until.

Then Jimmy came in.

“So, how close to the record was that,” Jimmy said smugly.
“About 12.74 seconds slower,” Mark said as he walked through.
“WHAT!!!! But that was soo quick, what the hell is in that thing, it can’t be stock,” Jimmy said following Mark.
“It’s not, it has a V8 with 350 HP, and it weighs 1.2 tonnes,” said Mark, Jimmy’s jaw dropped.
“I knew the sound, but how do you fit a V8 in there,” he asked,
“Notice the sound was coming from behind you, and the car wasn’t understeering,” Mark stopped and gave a smug smile.
“ooooh, so now it’s rear wheel drive and mid-engined,” Jimmy looked amazed.
“Isn’t that breaking the rules,” Jimmy asked,
“No, the other cars are like it too,” Mark said,
“Now that we’ve settled that, you need to test the car again, we need the best setup we can get. Then we’ll get in the second driver to test it for a set up and we’ll try and see if we can make a set-up the both of you can perform well with,” Mark walked Jimmy back to the vehicle and testing began.

*The next day*

“I don’t see how we can make a better set-up now, I think they’ll get the other driver in to test today,” Jimmy said as they were waiting at the track.
“Jimmy, how the hell did we get here, and why am I here. I didn’t have to stay yesterday,” Greg flopped back on to the wall.
“Hey, guys. I have someone for the both of you to meet,” Mark said. He called out a name and a tall uptight looking man came in, he looked disappointed,
“Ohh, newbies again, I’m sick of working with these retarded beginners, they always crash,” the man said.
“Don, this is Jimmy, and Greg, you guys, this is Don,” Mark introduced,
“Nice to meet you?” Greg asked. Greg reached out his hand to shake Don’s hand,
“Het your slimy grease pinchers away from me,” he pushed Greg back.
“Hey, don’t push him, or you’ll face will be inside a brake disc,” Jimmy stepped up to Don, who just turned away and left.
“Bye Captain Retard,” Greg yelled out. Then mark approached the two,
“Hey, don’t treat him like that, he’s a pro” he said.
“It was him being a prick,” Greg complained, and Jimmy nodded in agreement. Mark rolled his eyes,
“Anyway, we found your perfect setup, and now we’re testing for Don’s setup. So to keep you entertained I have something for you to do, I have something that you might enjoy,” Mark walked off, Jimmy and Greg following.

Over the bridge over the main straight, and over the shrub and past the grandstands surrounding the track they walked, eventually stopping in the car park.
“What is that,” Jimmy asked,
“I don’t know but it looks awesome,” Greg replied, Jimmy agreeing.
“It is a Japanese car, that is meant to release later this year,” Mark said.
“So what are we doing,” Jimmy asked.
“Taking it for a small road trip until we get Don sorted, and then we’ll try and make a setup in between the driving styles, so you can drive this car wherever, there’s a built in street map in the car, doubles as a track map, now go,” Jimmy and Greg smiled.
“Then it’s a deal,” they both said, and then in no time they were driving south towards Italy.

Last edited:
Nice new chapter, although I find it hard to believe that someone other than Sarah Palin could not know what Germany is. :lol:

:cheers: mate.

Anyway, here's the next chapter, please enjoy, or a madman will come after YOU!!!!!!

Chapter 7: Tiki Tour (European style)

“So what the hell are we driving?” Greg asked.
“Surprisingly, some sort of Toyota, check the booklet,” Jimmy said
“Blaa blaa blaaa, it just goes on and on about 🤬. Aaah, here we are, it’s a Toyota FT 86,” Greg read.
“Any specs on this car,” Jimmy asked.
“Um, 240 HP weighs 1000 KG,” Greg replied, the two looked at each other,
“Oh really, lets test that shall we,” Jimmy said.
“No, don’t do it, you’ll craaaarrrrrrgghh,” Greg was thrown into the seat.
“🤬, I didn’t expect it to be this quick in a straight line,” Jimmy said as he changed gear. Then came some turns,
“Wooooaaaahhhh, this car must be made for fun,” Jimmy said as he steered the turns.
“These windy roads are making me sick,” Greg moaned. But Jimmy ignored him, too involved in driving the car. Then a car coming the other way flashed their lights.
“Oh, must be a cop up here then, I thought people only did that at home,” Greg shouted. Jimmy finally slowed down as they reached a small town.
“We must almost be at the border,” Greg said. They drove at the speed limit.
“Wooooaaaah, check this out, we have a USB thingy, Greg get my MP3 and the cord,” Jimmy said.
“Okay,” Greg turned into the back seat,
“woooaaah, this car is soooo flash,” Greg said. He got the MP3 and plugged it in,
“What song,” Greg asked.
“Just let it choose itself,” Jimmy said, then suddenly,
“Baby, baby, baby oooohh,” came blearing out.
“GET OFF THE RADIO, NOW NOW NOOOOW,” they shouted. The car started swerving all over the road and Jimmy was flooring it. Then they managed to change it to the USB port,
“Dammit Mark, we could of died because of your little surprise,” Jimmy shouted. Greg pulled out the Justin Bieber disc and snapped it multiple times before throwing it out into the nearest river.
“There, now for some real music,” Greg stated.
Then Eyes of a Stranger from Queensryche started playing.

After some time of dull traveling and crossing into Italy, they end up in Toscana, now playing Future of Mankind from Judas Priest.
“We’re listening to awesome music, we’re the first ones to drive this car for a long trip, and we’re in the winding roads in Tuscany, lets have some more fun,” Jimmy said as he floored the accelerator.

Greg decided to lie back in the seat, as the belts held him in place

“These roads are crazy,” Jimmy shouted.

“This doesn’t feel too bad now I’m getting used to your mad driving,” Greg said angrily.
Jimmy just smiled like a drunk at Greg and continued mashing the car.

“I can see civilization, I can get away from this moron,” Greg said pleased about his words.

“Aaaaarrrggghhhh, soon we’re going straight into one of those barriers on these turns,” Greg gripped onto whatever he could

“I guess I can do a favour and drive normally now,” Jimmy slowed to the speed limit.

“Well that’s where we’ll stay for the night, we’ll take the next turnoff,” Jimmy said.

Then after a few more minutes of attempting find their way into the town and get to a place to stay.
“Okay, now we need to eat, why don’t we burn off your arms and legs so you don’t drive again,” Greg suggested.
“Only if we eat your sense of fear,” Jimmy replied. They got some dinner and slept for the night. The next day traveling back past the same old sites from the previous day, until…

“Where are we, Greg, I didn’t remember seeing mountains like that,” Jimmy said watching the mountain roads.
“I don’t know, but there’s a track here,” Greg replied.
“Wait a second, I recognize that mountain, that’s the Eiger Mountain, that means we’re in Switzerland,” Jimmy said putting on a smug face.
“Wait, I thought racing’s been banned since 1955,” said Greg.
“Well, there’s a race circuit here, so that fact must be wrong,” Jimmy said.
“It can’t be wrong, I know I’m right,” Greg argued
“Must have been lifted,” Jimmy replies,
“I thought they hated racing here in Switzerland,” Greg says, Jimmy thinks for a while,
“Well, you win this one, but I’ll kick your butt next time,”
They drove a lap around the track and then reached a start line lined with 15 cars.
“Oh what’s this,” Jimmy asked as he stopped in the space on the track, then a man approached them.
“Sir, are you participating, because we need one more driver for the race,” he asked.
“No, we just happened to stumble across this, hahaha,” Greg said unsettled.
“🤬 no, why would I waste an opportunity to race this car legally,” Jimmy replied. Greg covered his face,
“I’m just going to wait out here,” he said. He got out and went off the track.
It’s a rolling start, stay in this position for a warm-up lap and then just go for it, the race is two laps,” the man said.
“Well, this should be fun,” Jimmy said. They set off for a warm-up lap.

They came back to the line,

"This shouldn't be too hard, though I've only driven a lap around here, oh 🤬"

"Why was he so easy to pass"

"Oh, that's because he's going straight back through"

"Two down, this feel easy"

"Are they slow, am I fast or is my car just very good"

"This has got to be fixed"

"SPEED UP YOU MORON"

"Or do that... Yeah, I'd prefer you did that, one more to go"

"He's going to eat my metallic blue butt"

"Or not"

"Slowpokes"

"That was so easy. It's like all the other drivers were computer robots"

Jimmy drove around a warm down lap.
"Where in the world is the pit lane," Jimmy shouted.
After another 2 laps of driving around the circuit at 50 KM/H he was shown the pitlane by track marshals, and was amused by the entry,
"Woooow, this is more interesting than the circuit itself," he eventually stopped in pit lane. And was immediately bombarded by a fat man with a notepad,
"Is this car the Toyota FT 86, because we want information on it, you must be from Toyota," the fatty said.
"Um, no I'm not, I'm just driving it," Jimmy started backing up from the man,
"Here, have this muffin," the fatty gave Jimmy a muffin and he ate it. And the fat man smiled, then Jimmy started stumbling eventually falling unconscious.

A long time later...

Jimmy woke up to see a dark room with a light above him only lighting up a small bit of the room. He was strapped to a chair, and suddenly another light came on lighting up just a small desk and a chair turned away from Jimmy.
"What the hell is this, a movie?" He asked. Then came a purring noise of a cat.
"Dammit Fluffy, you ruined the atmosphere," a voice came.
"Meow," said a cat.
Then the chair quickly flung around.
"Ooouuch, Fluffy, don't scratch me when I do that. Just because you don't want to fly off the chair," said the man in the seat.
"Anyway, do you want to know where you are" he said.
"Yeah, but I know you won't tell me till I answer some mad question," Jimmy looked into the darkness.
"Hahahaa, now ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!" The Man shouted.
What question?" Jimmy asked.
"Oh, dammit Fluffy, you didn't plan this out correctly, anyway. What do you know about the Toyota FT 86," the madman stood up flinging off the cat which ran away.
"It's a car, and it's fast," Jimmy frowned at the man.
"Open up, it's the Police," shouted a voice.
"They speak English here?" the madman muttered
"Not opening up aye," the voice said.
Then a smashing noise came from Jimmy's left side and the lights turned on. A policeman walked in, and he looked at Jimmy who waved at him with his fingers.
"Wow, a kidnapping, I was just here to ask about the car outside," the Policeman said, he got out his gun and the madman surrendered.
“Now you'll put down that gun, we’re just… Um playing, haha, playing,” the madman said shifting his eyes side to side. Then the policeman forced the man into the wall and got him in handcuffs.
“Are you okay budy,” he said as he got Jimmy out of the chair.
“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s strange having these people go crazy to get info on a car I don’t know about,” Jimmy said.
“So that’s YOUR car,” the Policeman asked. Jimmy nodded and Jimmy followed the policeman to the station in the FT-86.

The madman tried escaping from the handcuffs as the police escorted him into his cell.
“I’m not crazy… Hee hee,” he shouted as his head started twitching.
“Haha, this isn’t right Wilson… We’ll show them all, my plan will activate mwahahahaa. We’ll show them all Wilson, show the world that we’re the ones in charge… Like Hitler, or Osama Bin Laden, but I will survive and kill everybody, HAHAHAHAAA,” the man continued shouting as the policeman shut the soundproof door.
“So this car, what the hell is it,” the policeman asked.
“A Toyota FT-86, pretty cool huh,” Jimmy replied.
“Can I drive it,” the policeman asked.
“Sorry, Mark told me not to let anyone drive it,” Jimmy looked a bit embarrassed to admit he doesn’t own it.
“Mark Flares?” The Policeman asked.
“How do you know him, you’re the second person I’ve come across that’s know him,” Jimmy said.
“He’s my friend from school, that’s why I speak English, we met in an English language class,” he said.

*Strange cheesy flashback thing*

Translated into English

“Now what does this word mean in Italian?” The teacher asked.
“How about you Eric Wheeler,” the teacher pointed at him
“I don’t know miss, now can I just work on this other thing,” said Eric.
“It means cabbage,” whispered a voice from behind him.
“Ooooh, it means cabbage miss,” Eric shouted. He then looked back at who helped him,
“Who the hell are you,” Eric asked.
“I’m Mark, and I noticed the Lamborghini Countach you’re drawing,” Mark replied. Eric smiled and nodded,
“And it’s overtaking a Ferrari 512BB,” Mark continued.
“Yeah, I want to start a racing team someday,” Eric said.
“Really, me too, I want to be a race driver at Le Mans,” Mark said.
“Cool, we should make a team one day,” Eric says.
“Yeah, someday,” Mark turns down back to his work and carries on.

*Back to reality*

“He never got back to me on that the 🤬, I’ll have to hassle him about it,” the policeman said.
“What,” Jimmy looked confused.
“Nothing, just thinking out loud, anyway, I’m Eric Wheeler, and you are??” the policeman asked.
“Jimmy Veraan, and I’m racing at Deep Forest this weekend,” said Jimmy.
“And today’s Friday, and it’s 1900 hours,” Eric said. Jimmy looked at his watch,
“Ooh, can you give me an escort to Eiger Nordwand,” Jimmy slightly panicked.
“Yeah, but why there,” Eric asked.
“I need to pick up my mate who is probably still there from the race,” Jimmy ran into the car and Eric onto his Yamaha YZF-R1 police bike and they set off to find Greg.

:cheers:

Last edited:
This is why you should never take muffins from strangers.

Aye, you seem to do everything well now. 👍

It's the ending of Chapter 7 that I loved - simply unique.

Aye, you seem to do everything well now. 👍

It's the ending of Chapter 7 that I loved - simply unique.

Thank you mate, that means a lot. I read that you're restarting your fan fic

This is why you should never take muffins from strangers.

Thanks mate, only take candy if there's some guy hanging it out of the tinted window of a limo :dopey:

Last edited:
Thank you mate, that means a lot. I read that you're restarting your fan fic

Yeah, gonna re-do everything, even the story itself. Shye could have picked a car long ago, no need for test driving and stuff.

Well your new one's off to a good start uMadson?

Anyway, a new half of a chapter, I decided there was no point in putting in pics, they're all going to come along in the second half, so here goes the first half.

Chapter 8 Part 1: Picking up the Idiot

They drove, rode in some cases to Eiger Nordwand, hoping to find Greg, when they arrived to see a track covered in snow.
“Hopefully he managed to switch his brain on and go into a ranch or some….” Jimmy was interrupted by a sight, a man stood by the circuits start line, wearing a tee-shirt and shorts, just like Greg. Jimmy drove towards them and they pointed, and then fell over onto their back, and didn’t move. Then Jimmy stopped and got out,
“Greg, what are you doing out here,” Jimmy asked.
“Oooooooooh, ugugugugugug fuuufufufufu efoggyfog geeeeeeeeeeebotle,” Greg groaned.
“Okay, we’re going to have to take him somewhere,” Eric said as he stood there looking at Greg. Jimmy pulled Greg into the car, and they all headed off for a hospital, and as soon as Jimmy shut the door,
“Who da hell that plice fella invading r homie spayce,” Greg said.
“Oh no, he’s gone all Gangsta on me again,” Jimmy said rolling his eyes. Jimmy clouted Greg on the head.
“Thanks mate, I needed that,” Greg said breathing heavily.
“What were you doing there,” Jimmy asked,
“Inspecting,” said Greg.
“Inspecting what, how long does it take for an imbecile to freeze, or how to amputate an imbecile’s fingers off without a chainsaw,” Jimmy joked.
“No, I was inspecting the start line, and how strong the wind will get until it gets blown away,” Greg replied. Jimmy facepalmed and continued driving, he then picked up a radio,
“the idiots fine now, no need to head to hospital, just go to Deep Forest pronto,” Jimmy said into the radio, and then Eric sped up in front.

They eventually arrived back in Germany, and at Deep Forest,
“Why were you late, I said be back Friday, it’s now Saturday,” Mark said like a mother,
“Sorry, Jimmy was sort of kidnapped for a bit,” said Greg.
“Anyway, we’ve got someone for you to meet, or should I say re-meet,” Jimmy said. Mark gave a strange stare at Jimmy, and then looked at the door as Eric came walking in.
“Hey, Mark. How’s it going, haven’t seen you since the 80’s, when we were in our mid twenties,” Eric said. Mark looked downwards, and stood there thinking for awhile, then suddenly looked up again with realization in his mind,
“Aaaaahhh, Eric, longtime no see,” Mark quickly approached Eric, and they left the room.
“Now what are we doing here,” Greg said.
“I don’t know about you, but I’m going to pay the engineers a visit,” Jimmy said walking the same way as Mark, Greg then walked the opposite way.

“Hey guys, how’s the car,” Jimmy asked the engineers. They all looked at him and shrugged and pointed at the car, and Jimmy walked towards it, Mark and Eric standing there chatting,
“Hello love partners, can I test the new set-up,” Jimmy asked, Mark understood the joke but Eric looked at him angered by the weird joke,
“I’m just joking mate, no need to go psycho about it,” Jimmy added.
“Yeah, try it,” Mark said and the two walked away leaving Jimmy alone with the car. Jimmy hopped in,
“Okay baby, let’s see what they’ve done to you,” Jimmy said. He belted up the six point belt, and searched for the ignition.
“Aaah, here it is, let us move to the Forest,” Jimmy said as he warmed up the engine, he revved up the engine to maximum revs,
“Okay, I think that should do it,” Jimmy moved out of the garage,
“Hopefully it’s just as good as the car I was driving earlier in the week,” Jimmy said grinning, he sped out of pit lane.

“Man this is stupid,” Jimmy said as he drove the first turns.
“Why can’t the car go like it did, it feels gutless, and lacking in perfection,” Jimmy ploughed into turns 4 and 5.
“UNDERSTEER,” he said going into the grass.
“This is so lame there’s no point in showing pictures to the readers. It’s just terrible, I’m pulling in,” an annoyed Jimmy Veraan pulled in without completing a full lap.

“That was disappointing, now I don’t want to drive it again,” Jimmy said getting as he got out of the car; he threw the helmet to the side.
“You’ll get used to it,” Greg said as he stared at a piece of paper.
“Greg, um what are you staring at?” Jimmy asked.
“Look at this, you see the cars here,” Greg said.
“Yeah, they’re Volvo C30’s,” Jimmy gave Greg a strange glare.
“No, STOCK Volvo C30’s without body-kits, on the track,” Greg pointed at the Team Car behind them.
“You’re saying that Mark is cheating, and he’s pretty much destroying the start of my career,” Jimmy said.
“YES!!!! Or there’s a new rule,” Greg said.
“We’re not cheating, it doesn’t say anything about body kits in the rule book, it says there is no restriction, as long as the car’s power is reduced, which is why the car felt worse, I take it you noticed it Jimmy,” Mark said standing at the doorway. Greg and Jimmy stood there confused.
“Um, okay,” they slowly mumbled.
“Anyway, it’s qualifying, you better get driving Jimmy,” Mark picked up a helmet and gave it to Jimmy,
“This is a new helmet, it offers more protection than what you have,” Mark winked at Jimmy and walked off. Greg laughed,
“Hahaa, you’re helmet’s hideous,” he laughed.

“I know right, hopefully soon I’ll be able to afford a replacement,” Jimmy said walking to the car. He sat in the car and started buckling up the race seat.
“Hey Jimmy, the top time is pretty quick, you think you can beat it,” Greg said showing Jimmy the leaderboard. Jimmy’s eyes widened and then he turned on the car.
“I know we never say this in case we jinx it, and make each other 🤬 up, but good luck mate,” Greg says. Jimmy revs the car a few times,
:cheers: mate, thanks,” Jimmy said. The expression in his eyes mixing happiness and his thoughts of racing the car for pole, his desire is that placing, and then he drove out of the pit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back