The Rises and Falls of a Champion: Shall I end it?

• Thread starter Skython
  • 145 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to see. Because everyone's stories make for good reads. I'll have a lot more time to work on this now because I've almost finished school for the year. Just two exams and I'm done! :D Thanks for visiting my story Machete! :cheers: Hopefully Impreza and Ryou start up again. :)

Chapter 23: The Road to Madness.

"This car feels great!" Greg squeaked through the radio as he flicked the thin, hard paddle shifters.

"Don't get too excited, you'll only wet yourself again, but this time it won't be the bus smelling," Alexei said gritting his teeth as he spoke back through the radio, also looking in the mirror at the urine stained back seat and wet pants that layed in his view.

They drove on.

"Where are we actually going?" Greg said, still smiling as if he were 8 years old.

"West of a place in Italy, Villasanta the village is called, but west there is something which will allow you to truly test that new car," Alexei smiled after hearing just a squeak from Greg in response.

(A long time of driving later)

Monza1.jpg

"Here we are at Monza!" Alexei stated.

"WOW!!!" Why?" Greg asked stupidly.

"Race, why else," Alexei pointed out the competition.

Lamborghinis, Ford GT's, Mercedes SLS', sat there awaiting their drivers to take them onto the track.

"Aren't they a bit quick?" Greg asked.

"Naa, you'll be fine, I'll just go and fill the forms that will let you run the race," Alexei walked away.

A short long necked man walked up to Greg, with a smug smile he laughed.

"Pfft, your little piece of won't stand a chance against my beast, you're about 100 horsepowers less, and 4 cylinders short, see you after the race, newbie," he laughed.

"Don't be too sure, I know this track, every turn, and all the overtaking areas thanks to PC sims, hopefully the nerds who made them didn't stuff it up, 🤬," Greg stood there thinking.

"Now you'll never win, hahahaaa, I'm so positive on beating you, and I want your car, ever heard of a pink slip, boy?" he smiled a little more.

"Yeah, I'm aware of them," Greg replied as he forgot about the value of his car.

"Good, which piece of garbage is yours?" Greg asked.

"6th in from the right," he smirked as the two shook hands to seal the deal.

"In 20 minutes I'll have me a Lamborghini Murcielago then," Greg said smugly as he turned away.

"In 20 minutes I'll have a new supercar in my hands," the man said as he turned away.

"Okay, Greg. You're starting in 12th, just park the car in next to the Murcielago, that's where you're starting," Alexei pointed not moving an eye from the paper.

Greg turned on the engine, which cheerfully roared into life.

Greg felt a smile crawl up his face just hearing the engine idling.

"Heeheeheeeee," he squeaked.

He drove to the Murcielago where the man waited for the race. Greg tooted his horn as he smiled and waved to mock him. Greg reversed and stopped.

"Love this car, I'll probably still drive it after getting a new Murcielago," Greg laughed evilly.

"Don't get your hopes up, I've been racing for 17 years, how about you?" he asked as if he was trying to scare Greg.

"About a year," Greg said unsure about his answer. The man, laughed.

"This is going to be easy, can't believe you fell for it. You may as well quit now," he turned and checked the name tag on the Greg's window which was placed by the race organizers.

"Greg Grayhart aye? My names Brian Gelloeff," he said.

The speaker screamed to call the drivers to the track.

"Your name sounds funny," Greg shouted out the window as he buckled up.

Greg turned on the engine again and waited for Brian Gelloeff to drive out. The Murcielago roared louder than Greg's monster. They headed onto the track for a warmup lap.

"I really want to beat his 600 Horsepower monster... That just burned out the last of hope. Okay, if he wins I make a run for it. I'll shoot dad a call thought the cell," Greg said to himself.

"Here we go!!" Greg shouted

"POWEEER!!!!! Why must he start in front of me, makes it harder for me," Greg muttered as he focused on the brake markers ahead.

Greg braked hard into the first chicane and caught the end of the big, brutal Murcielago.

Brian's Lamborghini swung wide in the second part of the chicane and Greg tucked the nose of the small F430 through the gap.

"Got him, but he's got 150 extra horsepowers!" Greg thought to himself.

Greg held off the large yellow Bull, as he blocked through the straight. Through the next turn he suceeded to take them faster.

"Come on!!!"

The Lamborghini caught up down the straight.

"🤬"

Greg got hard on the brakes again and made it thought again

"YES!!!!"

Greg held them off again, this time a Mclaren MP4-12C has joined in. Until on the main straight.

"WHICH ONE, WHICH ONE!!!!" Greg looked in both his mirrors only seeing supercars closing in. Then it was too late!

"🤬, I'll outbrake agaaaaaaiiiiiiin!!!!" Greg slammed on the brakes.

"Being on the outside doesn't help at all," Greg noted.

"Take the inside line, and take him here!" Greg made the same move again and took off on the exit.

"It is done, and there is an SLS in front of me!" Greg pointed at the SLS with his left hand as he shifted with his right.

The SLS powered on down the straight, and then started to slow down.

Greg and Brian passed it.

"I can win a Bull if I keep this up, COME ON!!!!!"

Greg powered through the turn. He kept the pace up throughout the lap and kept in front of Brian. Even on the Main Straight!!!

"YES!!!!"

"You'll get penalized for blocking one day, you little imbecile!!!"

Then the Ferrari 430 joined in.

"Oh God, more company," Greg said cynically.

"BUGGER!!! Note to self, DON'T!!!! THINK!!!!!"

Then all of a sudden. One lap later the 430 crashed off almost taking Brian's Lamborghini with it. Which let Greg make it back into 8th in front of the Murcielago.

Brian pushed his 4WD to the limit to make up lost time...

And catch Greg on the approach to the final turn.

"Please no, I love this car too much now!!!!" Greg shouted as Brian pulled away.

"I'm not letting this happen!" Greg focused on the road.

"Don't brake... Not yeeeeet... NOW!!!!" Greg pushed down the brake and shoved his F430 onto the inside of Brian's Murcielago.

Though Greg had no way to protect himself on the final straight.

"COME OOOOOOON!!!!"

"That Ferrari is mine"

"I want to keep my Ferrari!!!"

Shift to 6th!!!

---

---

Greg sat there the car slowing down on its own. Greg couldn't wipe the amazement and relief off of his proud face as Brian passed with his middle finger hanging out the window towards Greg.

"Haaaaaa, aaaaaah. My god," Greg spoke on his breathe. Voice shaking in disbelief.

"Oh wow," Greg pulled into the pit lane.

Brian quickly approached Greg.

"You earned it, you're not a bad driver, not at all," he said as he passed the keys to Greg.

"You may as well take my trailer as well, help you get both cars home," he forced a smile onto his face and pointed to the trailer.

Alexei walked over to Greg with hands on hips about to start a lecture. Then Greg showed Alexei the keys. Alexei proceeded to oddly move his head in agreement and sarcastically clap.

Chapter 24: A History of Two Years

Alexei's Volkswagen towed the trailer loaded with the Murcielago on the back.
"Where are we taking it?" Greg asked as he passed everyone to catch up to Alexei after a fuel stop.
"My Garage, it's close to the hotel we're going to," Alexei said.

Alexei flicked on the indicator and off the motorway.

"Almost there," Alexei said. he calmly drove down the small flat road sides lined with a ditch. And then a silver Ferrari zoomed past at at least 150 KM/H.

"Slow down, kiddo," Alexei shouted. Suddenly red lights on and smoke floating into the air and getting longer as the car slowed down to a dead stop. Alexei stopped next to Greg.

A small child sat there shaking infront of the Ferrari.

"Greg, don't run the kid over," Alexei shouted through the window.
Greg gave a thumbs up.
"POWEEER, 🤬," he powered forward and then stopped just millimeters from hitting the child. Greg got out of the car and walked around the front of the car.
"He'll be fine," Greg said as he pushed the child into the ditch with his foot. He got back into the car and sat there smugly smiling as he drove off to catch up to Alexei again who had taken off awhile ago.

----------

"Here we are, now do not get out of the car, Greg," Alexei said slowly. Greg looked back and shaked his head side to side with a mocking expression on his face, and then pushed his shoulders up, pushed back into the seat, and crossed his arms right on his chest.

(one day later)

"This hotel is like a baboon who has been thrown into a magic baboon cleaning machine! This is awesome!!!" Greg shouted from the toilet.
"Yes, now hurry up and spray the air freshener, I think I'm dying!!!" Alexei shouted back.
"Must have gotten it from his mother," Alexei muttered.
Greg exploded out of the door choking and gasping.
Alexei calmly turned around.
"What does the air freshener smell like?"he asked.
"A bag of rotten apples that has been dragged through a mass of underwear someone has struck mud inside!" Greg shouted, still gasping for breath.
"No, the Air FRESHENER," Alexei added.
"Oh, it smells lovely, like a box of tastey Turkish Delight inside a packet of Chocolates," Greg added.
"Gooood," Alexei said on his breathe.
"Now wash your hands before that smell reaches me, then come back here," Alexei said as he took cover under a pillow.
Greg ran off to the bathroom, and then a mass started growing from under the carpet. Alexei looked at it and tilted his head. it grew and grew until it was almost the size of a small midget. Then the floor exploded open and a mass of a Sottish man flew out of the floor and then landed back next to the hole. Don't worry, he wasn't wearing a kilt, but pants. Greg came rushing back out and then fell to the floor.

"Jim, what are you doing here?" Greg asked.
"What are you doing here, this is my place! For awhile, at least. I see you were kicked from racing school," Jim said with a cheeky smile.
"I wasn't kicked I was..."
" So sad to hear it's gone Bankrupt," Jim interrupted.
"Yeah, that's my reply in a nutshell," Greg puffed out.
"Also, this isn't your place, you need to go next door," Alexei instructed.
"🤬, not again," Jim said as he walked out of the door.
"Anyway, Greg sit down, I have to show you something," Alexei said directing Greg to the couch.
"It better not be one of those belly buttons that stick out... Or a scar the shape of a toilet," Greg said as he fell back onto the couch.
"No, it's a video I got from the FIA, from Barcelona, 2004," Alexei replied.
"Just watch this bit here," Alexei said as he pressed play and fast forwarded through most of the race.

(Commentator)
"We are coming to late stages in the race. Alzen is just inching closer to Tailor every lap"

"It must be getting harder and harder to keep infront. The tires on Tailor's 575 must be near to bursting, and he has done the longest stint we've seen all race"

"It looks like Alzen is trying to put pressure on Tailor, as we reach La Caixa"

"Into La Caixa now, a tired Alexei Tailor at the wheel of a worn out GPC Team car"

At that moment, Greg turned and looked at Alexei with an expression of shock.

"Just look at the difference between lines, this could be a fight of driving lines, folks"

"Tailor is definitely feeling the pressure now"

"As we head towards New Holland I don't think any errors are going to happen this late in the race"

"Tailor has just gone very deep into New Holland, this surely isn't intended!"

"He's wide on the exit!!!"

"Tailor's gone!!!!"

"That is a very hard hit into the concrete wall"

"And that takes Tailor out of contention for winning the series"

"The yellow flags out, there doesn't seem to be much movement in that car"

"Now all Uwe Alzen has to do is keep the car going and he will take the race"

Alexei fast forwarded it again.

"He took that win too," Alexei sighed.

"They didn't even mention how I was after that race. In hospital with a broken leg and nose. Hit unconscious by something. I can't remember!" Alexei said angrily.

"You were once in the FIA GT!!!! WOW!!!! My dad was an FIA GT driver. Haaaa! I've been following FIA GT since 2007!" Greg said excitedly.

"Anyway, the reason I'm showing you this is because when I saw you driving at Monza, I noticed something...
You were pushing the car too hard, beyond your limits trying to escape another driver. Just like I was at Barcelona..." Alexei paused, then carried on.

"And it can lead to bad places. My career crumbled after that season. Vitaphone Racing had me as one of their #1 driver for 2005 because Uwe Alzen was leaving. But after that they decided to not go through with it. I couldn't get into another team, as it was too late. There were no teams with places available. No offers from anywhere in the motorsport world. GPC didn't want to keep me on after ruining their series win," Alexei paused again, then carried on.

"However, I got into some races throughout 2005. Team Vitaphone gave me a chance at the Spa 24 hour. We won, that was my final race as I was starting to get too old." Alexei leaned back in the chair, awaiting a response.

"I definitely see what you mean, but how did you end up at the GTA after that?" Greg asked.

"Well, they wanted to have a proper driver there. I didn't want to race and they offered me. Sooo, yeah," Alexei answered.

"Aaaaaha," Greg replied. Then Alexei stood up and brushed the crumbs off of his legs.

"Better get some sleep, and so should you. We've got a big day coming up," Alexei said pointing at Greg.

-----

Four hours later...

BANG!!!! BANG!!

"What sort of twit is banging around at this sort of time," said a sleepy Greg as he approached the door. He opened it.

"Hello," said a familiar character.

"Oh wow," Greg fell back and landed flat on his back.

"Well, guess someone who does nothing all day everyday needs a lot of rest."

---------------------------

Thank you to Simbin for creating GTR2, and a free demo to allow me to expand more on the imagery side. And thank you to all who actually read this. Please leave a comment below... ... :cheers:

Interesting cliffhanger. 👍

I really like the flashback. Good story so far. Will be watching this for updates. 👍

I like the story! Its good :)

:cheers:, mate. Thanks for reading. :)

I really like the flashback. Good story so far. Will be watching this for updates. 👍

Thanks for reading, always good to see new readers. :cheers:

Aaaanyway, a new Chapter now, I'm not going to leave the "Cliffhanger" for a month or my recent gaps (November 2011-January-2012 :P).

--------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Chapter 25: A Reasonable Explanation​

Greg was flat on his back unconscious, and then the noise disturbed Alexei. He rushed out into the room with shotgun.

"Who are you!?" He spat out viciously.

"Who are you?" Asked the man. His legs started to wobble.

"I'm not waiting, speak or lose the face!" Alexei shouted, then Jim popped into the room pushing a wheelchair.

"Don't you know who he is? Oh right, forgot. You've never met him." Jim said calmly.

"That reminds me," Jim crouched down to Greg.

"By the way, Greg. Jimmy is up," said Jim, he looked up at Jimmy and then back at the unconscious Greg.

"Though it may be a little late to say that now, and Jimmy, get back into the chair. You're not supposed to stand for more than two minutes, and it's been three," Jim stood up again.

"Oh, 🤬, dearly sorry," Alexei put the loaded gun down and it shot through the window.

Jimmy fell back into the chair and breathed quite heavily.

"Eeek!!" Screamed a voice from outside.

"We know nothing of a gun, okay?" Alexei whispered as he through the gun out of the window.

CRAAAASH!!!!

"OW!!!!!" Shouted another voice.

"Okay, throwing guns off the 6th floor isn't a good idea". Anyway, so you are Jimmy... Jimmy Veraan,"Alexei said as he walked around to the door with his hands behind his back. He closed the door. As it shut he continued.

"Welcome, and it's a pleasure to meet you," Alexei offered his hand.

"Though next time you meet someone for the first time at... 3 in the morning. Don't threaten to shoot them." Jimmy said with a smile. They shook hands.

"Well this conversation can wait until tomorrow, goodnight," Alexei said. Then everyone walked and rolled away in their respective directions. Just as all goes calm...

"I can't believe it! Jimmy, you're... Oh, must have been a dream... How did I get over here?" Greg said as he walked back to his room muttering strange obscenities.

8 hours later...

Knock knock knock...

"What sort of twit is banging around at this sort of time," Greg muttered as he opened he curtains.

"Daaaaarrg!!! LIGHT!!!!" Greg shouted as he stumbled back and crashed through the bedroom door. Once again he fell flat on his back. He looked up.

"You only just getting up, hurry up and get ready to go. It's one in the afternoon," Jimmy said as he walked towards the kitchen.

Greg shot up and ran towards Jimmy and almost tackled Jimmy and his wheelchair. But instead missed and crashed into the couch.

"I can hardly believe that you're back!!! Any experiences or anything during the coma!!!?" Greg asked excitedly.

"Uuuuuuuuum, yeeeenope,"
Jimmy replied. "Though this wheelchair business is annoying," Jimmy added.

"Why are you in a wheelchair?" Greg asked looking puzzled.

"Well, after about a year or so without using your legs at any point you tend to lose a lot of strength in your legs, and arms, but I should be able to race again by mid December. I've been up for about a month, and I've been doing muscle exercises and things like that, we would have told you when I got up but we couldn't contact your phone." Jimmy replied.

"Come on, Jimmy. The flight back home leaves in three hours, make Greg start packing," Jim shouted from another room. Greg looked at his cell phone.

"The battery died," Greg said.

"Oh right, we're going home today, get packing," Jimmy added.

"How am I going to get my new cars home?"
Greg asked.

"What cars?" Jimmy asked.

"Well, Dad gave me a Ferrari F430, and I Pink slipped a Murcielago :sly:," Greg said.

"Pfft, yeah right, you can't race, by the way, you don't even know your dad," Jimmy laughed.

"I beg to differ, I'll prove it that I have the F430, and when we get home hopefully Alexei can get the Murcielago shipped too. Aaaaand, by the way... DAD!!! COME HERE!!!!!" Greg added.

"Well, get packing anyway," Jimmy said as he left the room.

(20 minutes later)​

"Okay... Yes... Just get the car there by December 20th... Yes... It's a gift... I made the payment this morning... Remember my options... Sepa... Yep... Thank you... You too, bye bye..." Greg hung up the phone. Alexei stood behind him.

"What did you do?" he asked fatherly.

"Just buying Christmas Gifts, it is in a month you know," Greg replied.

"Okaaay, anyway, you called? And are you packed and ready to go?" Alexei asked.

"Yessidy doo, my bags are stuffed with the Turkish Delight that they have at the counter, and my suitcase full to the brim with cameras." Greg said proudly.

"Why the cameras?" Alexei asked, unconvinced by the items.

"So that Security can't find out that we have taken all of their Turkish Delight!" Greg added.

"But they'd also be left camera-less... What would we use these cameras for anyway?" Alexei added.

"Well, it should teach this place for simply screwing digital cameras plugged into battery chargers as Security, shouldn't it..." Greg replied, feeling even more smug.

"DIGITAL... Cameras... Let's get out of here, quickly..." Alexei rushed off, and everyone followed after strangely appearing out of nowhere.

"TO THE AIRPOOOOOORT!!!!!"

--------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Okay, I've turned to the simple side of Fan Fics by colour coding it. Because recently I can't even keep focus through read testing. So I decided to find a way to make it be a little more attention grabbing. Please give feedback if you see any problems.

As a guide for now

Jimmy = Red italics
Greg = Black Bold
Jim = Green
Alexei = Blue

Thanks for reading everyone, please comment below, it would be much appreciated.

Nice chapter, it's a good thing you're using coloured font now.

I'd like to know how it ends too, I haven't structured that far yet, though I know where I'm going to get to. There is still a lot to go though. Thanks for reading. :cheers:

Another Chapter now... :D

Chapter 26: The Two Spoilt Brats!?

The four arrived at the Airport after escaping a Lunch with a Hobo named Dennis; a job on Get it here Street; a fine for not taking a job as Male Sex Workers, which coincidentally relates to the Get it here Street job; a pair of socks signed in urine by the world's most famous Potty Dweller.

"Greg, do you have a knife on you?" Jimmy asked.

Greg investigated himself.

"I don't think... Oh wait..." Greg said as he looked down his pants,

"I think... Something... Lurks in here..." Greg added as the smell wofted out.

"Here, I found a knife!!!" Greg shouted feeling proud of his achievement. he looked around.

"Jimmy?" He looked at a now unconscious Jimmy.

"How the 🤬 could you possibly need more sleep after a coma? You don't even need to walk!" Greg said as he threw the knife behind him.

At that precise moment Jim walked over.

"🤬, holy lavotory wackers, that smell could put a man unconscious!!" He shouted.

"Let's get on the plane now..." Greg said as he pushed Jimmy.

They made their way onto the plane, making their way past citizens who choked in the smell. Jim made his way to a Flight Attendant.

"Excuse me, but can we possibly find him a spare change of clothes, he just needs to access his bags," Jim said pointed over at Greg, who had people looking away and covering their noses in disgust as he made their way past them.

"Yes!! Please, before someone dies," she said as she covered her nose and mouth.

Jim pulled Greg by the ear to the storage rooms, and pushed him in the door.

"Find your bags, put on some new pants and then find your way back to your seat; you're holding up the entire plane!!" Jim shouted angrily as he shut the door behind him.

THREE HOURS LATER!!!!

"What is wrong with that kid?" Jim asked Alexei.

"Believe me, he gets it from his mother, she farts like a cow with a megaphone on its arse!" Alexei replied.

Jim laughed, as Greg made his way back in.

"What the?" One person said. Then everyone laughed. Greg sat down in his chair.

"Greg? Why are you wearing that?" Jimmy asked.

"It was all there was available in my suit case,"
Greg said sadly.

"So now you're dressed in a Clown Suit for the Entire flight?" Jimmy asked.

"Yes..." He said as he squeaked the nose horn.

Everyone cheered as the 3 hour late plane finally took off, on the long trip back home.

"Oh well, this has definitely been a long Roller Coaster of Events," Greg said.

"Well, for you maybe, all I did was do a race, then a fifth of a lap of the Nurburgring and then spend a year or so in a Coma, and return home," Jimmy joked.

"Yeah, but at least now we have some new wheels, and when we get home, there's something I have to show you! I've got some orders through and the project is ready!" Greg replied.

"Oh really?" Jimmy said slyly.

An incredicly long flight to somewhere that still must remains unknown due to a Useless Author who is too indecisive to choose a home location for the Fic so the place appears to be known as home, and can be where ever the damn fish the reader wants it to be; whether it be America, Middle East, UK, Toilet Bowl, etc.

"HOOOME!!!!!" Greg shouted as he fell through the door.

"This place is exactly the same as before, haven't been here in so long!" Jimmy said as he rolled over Greg.

"Don't remember this being here though," Jimmy added as he picked up the envelope. Jimmy opened it by pulling out the bottom piece that isn't glued to anything.

"Dear Jimmy... And Greg, I suppose.

When you read this, hopefully you've awoken from the coma, it was a tragic day when it happened. But this is my message; your help for the Team has helped Mark's Team and my team rise from small Teams racing in low volume Endurance races to large well known teams. Your crash gave us publicity for finding a new driver, and your result at Deep Forest got Mark up and going. From the both of us, we have gifted you with $683,591 to buy a new house, and get back into motorsport. Because to be honest, from what we can see, your current home is a 🤬-hole.

Strongest of hopes; Al Sharlin and Mark Flares."

"Oooooh myyyyy goooooood," Jimmy said as he stared at the letter.

"What?" A now standing Greg said as he peered over Jimmy's shoulder reading the letter.

"OOooooh My GOOOD!!!!!" Greg shouted as he finished reading.

"We are 🤬 RICH!!!!" Jimmy shouted.

"Oh, and speaking of rich, and expensive things, check these out," Greg said as he showed Jimmy out the door.

"I told you I got some new toys," Greg added smugly.

"Oh wow! We are the most spoilt brats in town!!!" Jimmy added

"Aaaah, yes, now I'm going to have a shower," Greg said as he walked away.

"Well, guess it's time for some house shopping. It's not often I can say that," Greg said as he pushed his wheelchair towards the coffee table.

------------
A smaller Chapter again. Don't get bored because more so-called action (if that's what you call it?) is coming soon. ;)

Thank you for reading, please leave a comment below, it would much be appreciated.

Last edited:
Oh boy, you know what happens with rich brats and supercars...nice chapter, BTW. 👍

DK
Oh boy, you know what happens with rich brats and supercars...nice chapter, BTW. 👍

Yes, they either crash and die or go broke. :P And thanks, mate. Especially for the quick reply. ;) :cheers:

Chapter 27: The body at the Door?

"I just... Want... A house... With a muffin maker!!! Isn't that too much to ask!!!?" Greg shouted at Jimmy has he hurled himself across the room in a childish manner.

"We can just buy one when we move into the new house!" Jimmy replied.

"It's NOT the same! We could get a house with muffins BUILT!!! Into it!!!" It's genius!!!" Greg shouted.

Jimmy rolled his eyes.

"Stop being unreasonable you little twit! I'm in charge of the house and location, you're in charge of decorating. I've already made a decision, anyway," said Jimmy.

"Give me the house plans, layout or whatever it's called," Greg demanded.

Jimmy lifted a piece of paper and Greg snatched it and ran into his room to come up with yet another of his majestic and glorious plans.

"While he's off playing in the sand pit of doom I guess I should check my emails, before I lose my privacy again," Jimmy logged into his email.

"I'm lucky I can still remember my password," Jimmy said as he looked at the screen.

"Oh my 🤬 Lord!" Jimmy shouted. There he saw the scariest message he's ever seen!

"Greg!! Code 31A!!!" Jimmy shouted.

In an instant Greg burst into the room tripping over the mass mess that has grown over time.

"Where!?" Greg shouted as he pointed a shotgun around the room.

"Here, 2 PM!!!" Jimmy shouted.

"It's still two hours away. We have to think of something. Death simply isn't good enough for it," Jimmy added.

Greg burst down onto his knees.

"You told me that was the end! No more! No more!! I'm sick of that bastard coming and... Doing his Business. He'll take everything away from us!!!" Greg cried loudly.

"Don't worry, I've got this under control," Jimmy said as he smiled about his plan.

1 hour and 54 minutes later...

"Okay Greg, I answer the door, and when he says something, I say... MUM SAYS DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS!!!! Because since I'm in this wheelchair I already look half handicapped. Anyway, you then bash him in the head with the brick," Jimmy quickly ran through it.

"And if I say, oh, hello. Then it's not who we thought it was, and you're not meant to hit him." Jimmy concluded.

"So if you say, "oh, hello," then I hit him. But if you say MUM SAYS DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS!!!! Then leave it?" Greg asked.

"No the other way around, Greg," Jimmy said.

"Right I am," Greg muttered.

Ding dong...

"Hello, I'm the Landlord, I'm here for the..."

DONK!!!!!

"Greg! I didn't even say anything!" Jimmy shouted.

"There's only one way to escape this! To the Nissan!!!" They rushed out...

--- --- --- ---

Some driving later...

--- --- --- ---

"Ambleton!" Home to our best racing." Jimmy said as they reached the circuit.

"I hope this place stays here forever, I love it here. The atmosphere, the tire walls still hugging onto the memories of some of the most exciting races the world has hosted. A chequered line that has played host to some of the closest finishes in history. Remember 1987. I remember feeling so sad that I wasn't alive to witness it but some of our older colleagues were. Hmmm, looks like there's a race next weekend too... Ambleton's... Last run? B... but.... B... This can't be happening can it?" Jimmy started looking very fearful.

Greg stood there looking at the poster, it was decorated in all sorts of motorsport classes.

"Looks like a full blown send off. They've got all the Classic Touring cars, Sierra's, Mondeo's. They've got Le Mans cars, Porsche 917 it seems. Modern LMP... One last round for the Supercar Festival? ..."
Greg sighed, and looked down and waved his head in sadness.

"There most be some reason behind this... ... Something big... But even then, that can't help remember all those glorious decades this venue has served to the motorsport world," Jimmy said as he sat down leaning on a wall.

Between each sentence, the wind rustled through the trees. Almost replicating the sounds of some of the machines that had raced around the track in ancient times.

"We've grown up in these grounds... It can't be just being destroyed and that will be that!? Surely not." Jimmy continued.

Greg picked up a piece of paper that was being blown into the wall.

"Yeah, it's official." Greg said shakingly.

"Jimmy, you're participating in this final hurrah, we need you out there practising now!" Greg said. He lead a rather emotional Jimmy to the Nissan.

"Drive!!! Drive the 🤬 guts out of that little Nissan!"

---

Jimmy floored it, surprisingly his leg weakness wasn't serving too much of a problem.

"I don't remember this car being so quick! When did this happen?" Jimmy shouted.

"Happy late birthday, Jimmy!" Greg answered through the radio.

Jimmy's pace was still poor, in fact a toddler could have passed him in the turns.

"Pathetic," Jimmy kept on repeating to himself.

Meanwhile back at pit lane.

"What was that!?"
Greg shouted as silver flashed off out of pit lane.

Jimmy continued puttering the little Nissan around Ambleton.

"Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic!" He continued shouting.

"Ummmm... Jimmy, there's something out on the track, and it's going fast!" Greg told Jimmy.
Jimmy didn't hear over his own shouting so he stayed out on track.

Then all of a sudden, a flash appeared on the straight and caught up to Jimmy.

"It's a Zonda!" Jimmy shouted. He tried catching it.

"This is the stuff," said Greg, but Jimmy was to focused to reply.

"Come on Japan!!"

"I THINK I'VE GOT HIM!!!" Jimmy shouted under brakes.

"YEEEES!!!!"

And then they made it onto the main straight.

As they crossed the line they were side by side. Jimmy looked over to see who was in it.

"James!?" Jimmy shouted.

James, Jimmy's guardian waved and smiled. Before pointing forward and then another flash appeared and it disappeared. Then Jimmy heard his voice.

"My job is done, now it's your turn... Don't stuff up again."

"Greg, have you been photoshopping the photo's again?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah, I wrote some of my catch phrases in the skies." Greg replied smugly.

"You don't have catch phrases, just some distinct recognizable noises," they chatted as they drove back.

"Addleton..." Greg burped out.

Then they both fell silent.

"That's a depressing thought... Oh well, guess we better get over it. We've already looked like sissies enough as it is." Greg added.

Jimmy agreed, and then they continued home.

"Well. We've officially just managed to go a day without getting anything done... Uggh, again." Greg said as he dropped onto the couch.

"That body in the doorway is gone though, so that's good. And we're moving into the new house next week. Which is great news. I want to get out of this dump. Do you think we should leave Alan in the closet?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to see the expression on his face. He's been there for how long now? A year and a half?" Greg answered.

Jimmy nodded almost fearing for the worst.

"Anyway, what do you think of the car?" Greg asked.

"It's... Nice," Jimmy replied trying to cover up his distaste.

"Just tell me if you don't like it. Why don't you like it?" Greg asked.

"Well it drives well, but it still needs just one thing!" Jimmy replied.

"Well, what?" Greg asked twitching in impatience.

"It just needs to be cooler... By about 20%!" Jimmy finally answered.

Greg looked at him with a partially frightened expression on his face.

"I see you've fallen into the ponies!" Greg said shaking his head.

"It's not that bad..." Jimmy turned on the Television.

"EEeeeek!!!" Greg squealed.

22 minutes later...

"YEAH!!! YEAH!!! ... NO NO NO!!!! I WANT MORE!!!" Greg shouted.

"See, I told you... Only real men watch My Little Pony," Jimmy said smugly.

Greg sat there not knowing what to feel, sad because he enjoyed watching ponies... Or sad because they were both falling further into being MLP fans.

"Reeaaaauuuu a u a ua ua aaaaah!!" Something screamed from the closet

"AAaaah, Alan is trying to escape!!! I'll get the soap!!!" Greg shouted as he ran out of the room and into the hallway.

-------------------------

Thanks for reading, I've been meaning to put this out for about two or three weeks. Sorry for the delay.

"Please comment below, it would be very much appreciated. Yeah, it's not Skython talking to you now, Greg has taken over! Now type something about the chapter before I..."

"Ooops, sorry guys... He's just excited because he just realized the past year or so of his life has been documented..."

Get out! Get out! You silly little midgets, get back in the screen.

Aaaah, sorry about that. Now, as I was meant to say... Thanks for reading, I've been meaning to put this out for about two or three weeks. Sorry for the delay. Please comment below, it would be very much appreciated.

Hilarious as always. 👍 What the hell is an "Ezzle Tobby", though? :odd:

DK
Hilarious as always. 👍 What the hell is an "Ezzle Tobby", though? :odd:

It was meant to be Ezzle Bobby but it didn't turn out like that. :P Thanks for reading, mate. :cheers:

And wow! I just realized I could lock this thread by simply double clicking the
thread_dot_hot.gif
button! :eek:

Okay, sorry for double post. But I need to see if anyone will give me any thoughts on this.

Should I stop with this story and start from something new? I feel this has dragged on too long and nothing really happens. It's not exactly getting large numbers of comments and it's not really working towards anything. And to be honest, the whole thing has been a little dull. So, should I put something new in the works? Maybe a new set of characters, or something?

Skython
Okay, sorry for double post. But I need to see if anyone will give me any thoughts on this.

Should I stop with this story and start from something new? I feel this has dragged on too long and nothing really happens. It's not exactly getting large numbers of comments and it's not really working towards anything. And to be honest, the whole thing has been a little dull. So, should I put something new in the works? Maybe a new set of characters, or something?

Just avoid the (no offence) cliche single-make races and "make the champion lose!"

Yeah, the whole thing isn't very well put together. :lol: I'm going to put something in the works. :cheers: Should I keep characters or make new ones?

If you do make a new story, plan it out instead of going along with it.
For example, I have no idea how to get out of the hole I dug myself in with The Captain. There's no basic storyline for it and I don't think the characters are filled out properly.
I'm thinking of starting a new story (drug dealer busted --> given a choice of prison, or ratting out colleages --> somehow gets in loads of 🤬 and someone dies). I can't find a way to link that to GT5. That was the main reason I gave up: I can't think of anything original that I can link back towards the original reason: it's a Race Report for a video game so it should be car-related in some way...
Another reason is that it's really hard to give the characters actual character so you know who's talking without needing a dialogue/script.

If you can think of a good theme: write down a basic plot (opening, climax*, resolution) of the story, wait about a week to dwell on it and make basic changes to it. And after that week if it still seems like an awesome plot.. stick to it and develop the plot even more. If you do want to release chapters, make sure you don't get behind schedule. e.g. You started off the story and you've written 3 chapters. Only release the first chapter for the first week so if you get behind in writing the story then you have something to fall back on (the other two chapters 👍)

For the characters, keep them on hand because they may not be a good main character for your new story, but they might be a good extra or minor character...
*Yes, I said climax. Get your head out of the gutter.

:lol: I didn't even know Climax could be a dirty word.

Anyway, I think I'm getting a basic structure in now. I'm working on the mistakes I made with this, I'm trying to make a storyline so that there is no dull pieces. It doesn't drag on, and it has to be interesting. My current one is too realistic, there is no mad things happening. So I'm working on having a Bad Guy this time that doesn't just randomly turn up and make it seem as if he just did something. I'm not going to use Jimmy and Greg as main characters though this time. They may show up as a cameo. But not likely at this point. This fic seems too far off the current one reality.

CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back