The Road to the 229 Day 100%

• Thread starter kideng
  • 75 comments
Game Day 31-33:
I figure I should finish all the events I started.

Races Done:
Deep Forest of Clubman
Grand Valley and SS-5 of FR (Beg)

Cars Received:
MX-5 Miata(J) for Clubman Cup
Silvia K's 1800cc for FR (Beg)

I'll just finish all the races of an event together from now on. Easier to keep track of.

route229.jpg

Game Day 34-41:
License Test IB-1 through IB-7 wasn't too troublesome. I did have some problem with IB-6 and ended up doing IB-7 first. IB-8 though was mad. My time was always off by .250 seconds+. But I knew I had all the pieces of the puzzle and that I just need to put it together in one execution. Then finally after two hours, my best time jumped from 31.945 to 31.672, giving me the gold.

Car Received:
Nissan Z Concept

Game Day 42-44:
My progress through IA has been slow. Getting bronze in them is very easy. But gold is another matter. IA-1 and IA-3 took me a couple hours a piece. With a little practice I was able to get silver consistently with them. But I was always 1/10 of a second or so off from gold. IA-2 though was ridiculously easy. That only took me a few tries to gold. 3 down, 5 to go.

Game Day 45-48:
I did the Beginner GT World Championship (With the GTR-1) and had to redo race 10 a few times to get the car I wanted. Then I took the Impreza Rally Prototype, put a stage 3 turbo into it and did the 3 Tahiti Curcuit rallies.

Cars received:
Skyline GT-R Vspec II (R32) for Beginner GT World Championship
Celica Rally Car for Rally Challenge

Yo wen yur finished a championship ok
and you get all golds
to get another car another time do u have too start the championship all over again or just re-do the last race?

you will need to redo the whole championship unless you saved at race nine and then you can just keep reseting and exiting from the race to win the car you want.

Game Day 49:
License Test IA-4 at first seemed very difficult. But as I found the braking points, I was able to consistently match and even beat checkpoint 1. The second turn was slightly more difficult. Instead of braking, I heeltoed into the second turn. After about an hour of trial and error, I was able to get gold with the time of 32.135.

Game Day 56-61:
Completed Rally of Alps and Rally Challenge II.

Cars Received:
206 Rally Car and Corolla Rally Car.

Game Day 62:
License Test IA-5, the dreaded corkscrew.
The corkscrew itself didn't give me as much trouble as I originally anticipated. The turn after however was very tricky because of the downward slope, which causes you to slide outward. After about half an hour, I was able to get the corkscrew down perfect. The second turn took me another 30-40 minutes to master. My final time was 22.968, even beating the demo.

Originally posted by Viper Evolution
Keep it Up kideng! those Gold Lisences Kill me ! all but the first one.
Yeah, when I first started playing I thought those times were next to impossible... But what everyone says is true. The more you play, you better you get.

Game Day 63:
License Test IA-6, Rome with a Zonda.
The advice from the test really helped. Don't try too hard on the first turn, maintain control so your approach to the second turn is consistent. The line for the second turn is paper thin, but it was only a matter of time before finding it. Final time 20.021.

Originally posted by Viper Evolution
Crap, You got me in the mood to go get golds. I should have very little problems...
Yeah, I think that's more of a challenge than the races. Good luck!

Game Day 64:
License IA-7, Complex Strings.
Staying close to the cone is not nearly as important as maintain momentum. You will find that turning while going downhill will slow you down here. While you're going through the curves, you should be over 110 mph at all times. The last 2 turns should be second nature by now. Final time: 45.848.

Wow, well done kideng...so is this a new save? Or posted up from a diary of the events...

Wow, you're doing it again? You seriously have guts...:) And lots of time on your hands.

Well, I've done 100% before. But with this game I plan to achieve the following:

Complete 100% in the minimum number of game days (228)
Complete 100% without selling any car
Complete 100% without buying any car except a Mercedes and a Speed 6 needed for Silver Arrow and Tuscan Challenge
Complete all gold on all licenses

kideng

Game Day 65-79:
Finished the rest of the rally events.
Tahiti Maze II, Smokey Mountain II, Swiss Alps II, SSR5 Wet, and SSR5 Wet II.

Cars Received:
Impreza Rally Car
Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car
Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype
Xsara Rally Car
Impreza Rally Car Prototype
Escudo Pikes Peak Version

Game Day 80:
Wow, must had been all that practice I've had from that post asking about IA-8. I got the gold in 3 tries. Final time: 1'08.607

Car Received:
Vanquish

Game Day 81:
Now that I got my IA License, I thought I would do an endurance or 2. So I did the Roadster Endurance with an LS with super slicks. Eww... Zoom zoom my ass. I finished first just under an hour and 10 minutes. 1:09'59.200. Lucky me though, I got the F-1.

Car Received:
F688/S

Game Day 82:
I figured since I just did the Roadster Endurance, I should have Apricot Hill locked in my head. So I gave License Test S-1 a shot. The Speedster is not all that different from a Miata, slightly faster. Beating the first checkpoint was easy. The second one took a little longer, but the third I only managed to beat once. But I noticed in the demo that the exit speed from the chicane was too slow, only 66-7 mph. So I took advantage of that. My gold lap of 1'40:215 had a chicane exit speed of 69 mph. After that, all I needed to do is to not touch the ramble strip and I'm home free.

Game Day 83:
I ran the Super Speedway Endurance. Had to reload and try again each time I didn't get the car I want (since I can only run it "once"). I was after the Clio Sport because you can't get a Clio for the Clio Trophy elsewhere. So I used the rubber band trick. I changed the steering to the right analog stick and acceleration to the left analog stick pointing left. Then I turn off the DS2 vibration and stick a memory card between the analog sticks.

Car Received:
Clio Sport Race Car

Game Day 84:
Then immediately I ran the Clio Trophy. I was funny to see that I was only up against a fleet of V6 24V's. Getting the win was a breeze.

Car Received:
New Beetle Cup Car

Game Day 85-94:
So I used the Beetle Cup Car to complete the FF Challenge for Beginner, Amateur, and Pro as well as the Beetle Cup.

Cars Received:
Pink Vitz 1.5
New Beetle RSi
Celica TRD Sports M
Spoon Civic Type-R

Very nice diary Kideng,
And your goals are truly to be admired…
(Complete 100% in the minimum number of game days (228)
Complete 100% without selling any car
Complete 100% without buying any car accept a Mercedes and a Speed 6 needed for Silver Arrow and Tuscan Challenge
Complete all gold on all licenses)

I am actually on my 2nd run through GT3 with somewhat similar goals:
100% completion / 48 golds / own each and every car out there without buying any car you can win.

I wish I knew about the 228 days thing before I started….

Right know I’m at about 25%, 40 golds and own 50 cars

The only “cheat” I do is “Multiple cars from one series trick ” (getting all the one I don’t have that you can win)

I’ll keep following your progress

DeuceOfClub

Game Day 95-96:
Took the Spoon Civic Type-R to race the Type-R Meetings, Beginner and Amateur. There were two NSX Type-R when I raced the Amateur Championship. My acceleration and speed beats them by a little, but their handling were far superior, which is expected because I drove an FF car. Most of the courses were relatively easy wins, but the SSR-11 was slightly troublesome because of the Civic's oversteer. Both NSX were leading and getting past both of them was a pain, so I bumped one of them to separate them, but it slowed me down too. I wasn't able to catch up to the first NSX until just before the final lap. Once I passed it though, maintaining the lead was easy.

Cars Received:
RSX Type-S
Spoon S2000

Coming Soon: The Vitz Races

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 55
Game Day 97-98:
Took the Pink Vitz, maxed it out and raced both Vitz Races. The Beginner one was a breeze, the Pro one wasn't as much of a challenge as I remembered from the last time. Managed to pass them within the first lap of every race. But 10 laps around Test Course in a Vitz?! What the hell were they thinking? :banghead:

Cars Received:
Orange Metallic Vitz 1.5 (Looks like a deformed Z Concept)
Altezza LM Race Car

Back