The Road to the 229 Day 100%

• Thread starter kideng
  • 75 comments
Game Day 99-100:
Took the Altezza LM Race Car and did both Altezza Races really quick.

Cars Received:
Celica SS-II
Another damn Vitz. :banghead:

dude u dont need to buy somtin for the tuscan... PD cup gives u the speed 12...

kideng u got a job or anything to do this summer??

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
dude u dont need to buy somtin for the tuscan... PD cup gives u the speed 12...

kideng u got a job or anything to do this summer??

actually u can only race the speed six in it, and no race gives a speed 6

Well... since the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is NOT a Tuscan, but the TVR Tuscan (note it's NOT a Speed Six, that was a development name) IS a TVR Tuscan, I'd guess that in the TVR Tuscan Challenge you'd be able to race the TVR Tuscan and not the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (which, remember, isn't a Tuscan).

:D

Game Day 101-121:
Using a maxed Skyline Vspec II R32, I completed all 3 of the 4WD challenge, both Race of the Red Emblem, and both 80's Sports Car Cup.

Cars Received:
Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype
Lancer Evoltuion VII GSR
Alto Works Suzuki Sports Limited
Calsonic Skyline JGTC
Nismo 400R
Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune
Mazda RX-7 Infini III

Game Day 122-128:
Did both Boxer Spirit using the Impreza Rally Prototype and then Pro All Japan GT Championship in the F688/S.

Cars Received:
RUF RGT
Legacy B4 Blitzen
SuperAutoBacs Apex MR-S

Game Day 142:
Probably took me about 5 hours of game play total but I finally got gold on S-3. First day I was barely able to get within a second of gold time (1'53.19x vs. 1'52.200). Second day my best time was about 1'52.7xx. Beating checkpoint one was no problem. But trying too hard on the tunnel doesn't leave you with enough control to handle the next turn properly, which makes or breaks the laptime. It is critical that you reach 70-71 mph in the stretch after that for you to make a decent time on that lap. The Miata is very underpowered and consequently, excessive turning will slow down the car. Beating checkpoint two was hard for me. I only managed it a few times. The 3 sharp turns before the end of the lap was where I gained my time over the demo. Today, I noticed my laptimes were going up pretty quickly, so I pushed on. Finally my laptime jumped from 1'52.336 to 1'51.875, beating the demo by over 300ms.

I also spent some time to complete area A of arcade mode.
Current Percentage: 43.8%

I just checked gt3times.com. That placed me at rank 32. :)

Very good diary, kideng. I want to do something like this myself. Just recently re-started from my last save (which was probably about 6 or 7 percent complete), and decided to attempt an all-gold (licenses, time trials, and races), minimum day (229) run, using only a manual transmission (before I was racing with an automatic).

Welcome to GTPlanet.
But there is no point in reviving a thread that is 9 years old, and the guy who made it hasn't been active since 2005.

Back