The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,918 views
So far, I'm only his back-up, but, I love racing in general, including, I imagine with you. Anyways, my consistency (at night in 100% rain on Nürburgring 24 Hr.) surprised Nitro. I imagine we'll have an interesting race... :)

Anyways, if I really enjoy the series, may I join or are all spots taken?

YA! there are spots (most guys wont show up, so your choices are pretty open)
 
👍 TRUE PRIDE... Now, really, are all spots taken?

there is 1 z06 spot, but it may be being taken. theres a DP spot left... i believe its the team peugeot, peugeot. but there are going to be either a rule for inactivity and or some messages going out to eliminate those not so into it drivers
 
there is 1 z06 spot, but it may be being taken. theres a DP spot left... i believe its the team peugeot, peugeot. but there are going to be either a rule for inactivity and or some messages going out to eliminate those not so into it drivers

Alright, makes sense. So, if I enjoy this (which I probably will) I'll take a spot. I don't care much, which car, so long as I run in the GT field. LMPs are too fast... I can't drive fast cars with a stick.:yuck:
 
MrMelancholy15
Alright, makes sense. So, if I enjoy this (which I probably will) I'll take a spot. I don't care much, which car, so long as I run in the GT field. LMPs are too fast... I can't drive fast cars with a stick.:yuck:

Ya gt seems to be the popular one :) hope you enjoy it, accually I hope EVERYONE enjoys this!
 
Ya gt seems to be the popular one :) hope you enjoy it, accually I hope EVERYONE enjoys this!

Just, maybe not EVERYONE; I might want a space... I will come test tomorrow in the practice session and run a pre-season to see, first. After that, if anyone's actually not interested (shame on them(?)) I'll join if I like it.
 
MrMelancholy15
Just, maybe not EVERYONE; I might want a space... I will come test tomorrow in the practice session and run a pre-season to see, first. After that, if anyone's actually not interested (shame on them(?)) I'll join if I like it.

Sounds like a plan!
 
We have lots to do at practice tomorrow we got a track test and like and me and polar will be talking to all the GT car drivers at different times to determin aero packages for the GT cars
 
We have lots to do at practice tomorrow we got a track test and like and me and polar will be talking to all the GT car drivers at different times to determin aero packages for the GT cars

In short, you're telling me to come, if I want to join, then, right? Because I've run some tournaments (organized etc.) in Forza... Now, I play a bit of both, but mainly PS3... Otherwise, the controls and stuff confuse the hell out of me.
 
MrMelancholy15
In short, you're telling me to come, if I want to join, then, right? Because I've run some tournaments (organized etc.) in Forza... Now, I play a bit of both, but mainly PS3... Otherwise, the controls and stuff confuse the hell out of me.

Curiosity is killing me! What do you race on forza, and that wasn't aimed at you it was for everyone
 
MrMelancholy15
In short, you're telling me to come, if I want to join, then, right? Because I've run some tournaments (organized etc.) in Forza... Now, I play a bit of both, but mainly PS3... Otherwise, the controls and stuff confuse the hell out of me.

I also race forza witch one do you play
 
Curiosity is killing me! What do you race on forza, and that wasn't aimed at you it was for everyone

I ran a GTS tournament in a Porsche 911 GT3 Strassenversion thingy, and a 90s DTM tournament. Both of those were tournaments that I set up... And, okay about the "not aimed at me thing." I'm just being assertive while still "asking permission" to come to test...

EDIT** I've played all Forza games, 1, 2, 3, and 4. I've also played all GT games, 1, 2, 3, 4, prologue and 5. Currently I play Forza 4 (not so much) and GT5. (Obviously...)
 
Aaaaannnnnndddddd back on topic......

Tomorrow regarding the aero for GT cars: James and I will come together and propose a aero "package" for each car (a list of aero parts to install) and if you have a problem with what we have for your car, speak up, if not... Well you should've.
 
polarbear345
Aaaaannnnnndddddd back on topic......

Tomorrow regarding the aero for GT cars: James and I will come together and propose a aero "package" for each car (a list of aero parts to install) and if you have a problem with what we have for your car, speak up, if not... Well you should've.

This sounds good and since this Saturday is the last preseason test and I'm not gonna make it I am gonna test both the Corvette and the Audi and I will see which one I like more because I might drive the Corvette because no one will take that spot and I bet my Audi spot will go fast
 
james6653
This sounds good and since this Saturday is the last preseason test and I'm not gonna make it I am gonna test both the Corvette and the Audi and I will see which one I like more because I might drive the Corvette because no one will take that spot and I bet my Audi spot will go fast

Well that one guy (sorry im too lazy to find your name) said he might do the corvette a few posts ago, look like a page or two ago and see if you can find him
 
How are you guys doin?
Im nearly done assembling the pedals. Just a test (hopefully it works) and I'll see y'all again.
 
To anyone who can help, please, what am I supposed to run on the F458 Italia? I am at the HP and weight restrictions, but, for some reason I'm only running 1:49.xxx. I have only run three laps, so it could come down to the driver, 'cuz I hadn't EVER driven the F458 Italia before in game, but, am I missing something? I didn't upgrade the engine at all (no added HP) and it's not quite broken in yet, although I changed the oil. Am I supposed to add any upgrades before the limiter, to spend more time on the powerband?
 
You need to have 180 + miles to break in the engine.
 
After breaking the car in, somewhat, I ran a 1:46.998. That's my fastest so far. Is there something I should know about this?

Edit: that's at 460 HP. I'm not sure, but, somewhere around page 11/12 you mention an extra 10 or 20 HP?💡

Otherwise, I'm still working... working...:ouch: It actually hurts my head to think about the way it can handle SO nice, but still be slightly off-pace. I think it comes down to the straights, 'cuz I can take a lot of corners flat-out, and I don't go extremely slowly through the bus-stop chicane. But, you guys were mentioning that the Ferrari wasn't incredibly fast. I mean, a 1:46.998 is decent (racing softs, Daytona road, no mistakes, 460 HP, 1280 kg.,) but I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong.:dopey::scared::nervous: Otherwise, it should be a few good races.

Verified everything: Page 1 OP: 460 HP 1280 kg
Page 11: 470-480 (testing necessary) 1280 kg

I'm seeing a disconnect here. Can I get a stiff ruling please?
 
Last edited:
MrMelancholy15
After breaking the car in, somewhat, I ran a 1:46.998. That's my fastest so far. Is there something I should know about this?

Edit: that's at 460 HP. I'm not sure, but, somewhere around page 11/12 you mention an extra 10 or 20 HP?💡

Otherwise, I'm still working... working...:ouch: It actually hurts my head to think about the way it can handle SO nice, but still be slightly off-pace. I think it comes down to the straights, 'cuz I can take a lot of corners flat-out, and I don't go extremely slowly through the bus-stop chicane. But, you guys were mentioning that the Ferrari wasn't incredibly fast. I mean, a 1:46.998 is decent (racing softs, Daytona road, no mistakes, 460 HP, 1280 kg.,) but I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong.:dopey::scared::nervous: Otherwise, it should be a few good races.

Verified everything: Page 1 OP: 460 HP 1280 kg
Page 11: 470-480 (testing necessary) 1280 kg

I'm seeing a disconnect here. Can I get a stiff ruling please?

460 is the correct hp for the car. It was going to be moved but the others were changed instead a 1:46 is a solid lap too
 
I'ts possible to run the Italia into the 1:45's (a time I nearly had in testing, 1:47.00X was my best with a huge mistake thrown in, spend what seemed like a lifetime on the grass lol).

Try putting the transmission setting to 290km/h (180mph). Might best to do a transmission slide up to roughly 298-300km/h in order to get to 290km/h limit before the rev limit is reached, since aero will probably drag top speed lower than what's normally capable. Test this somewhere first though after you change it! You don't wanna be penalised for going over 180mph.

But Polar, I'm saying this now as a warning, but in the Chevy Z06 I pulled a 1:44.211 as the fastest lap with the regulations it has. Now I'm probably not the best driver in the GT class, but in saying that it makes this something to take note of, OH AND I hardly changed anything or tested it more than a handful of times.
 
StormPacer
I'ts possible to run the Italia into the 1:45's (a time I nearly had in testing, 1:47.00X was my best with a huge mistake thrown in, spend what seemed like a lifetime on the grass lol).

Try putting the transmission setting to 290km/h (180mph). Might best to do a transmission slide up to roughly 298-300km/h in order to get to 290km/h limit before the rev limit is reached, since aero will probably drag top speed lower than what's normally capable. Test this somewhere first though after you change it! You don't wanna be penalised for going over 180mph.

But Polar, I'm saying this now as a warning, but in the Chevy Z06 I pulled a 1:44.211 as the fastest lap with the regulations it has. Now I'm probably not the best driver in the GT class, but in saying that it makes this something to take note of, OH AND I hardly changed anything or tested it more than a handful of times.

I think we might wanna take away HP from the vette
 
StormPacer
I'ts possible to run the Italia into the 1:45's (a time I nearly had in testing, 1:47.00X was my best with a huge mistake thrown in, spend what seemed like a lifetime on the grass lol).

Try putting the transmission setting to 290km/h (180mph). Might best to do a transmission slide up to roughly 298-300km/h in order to get to 290km/h limit before the rev limit is reached, since aero will probably drag top speed lower than what's normally capable. Test this somewhere first though after you change it! You don't wanna be penalised for going over 180mph.

But Polar, I'm saying this now as a warning, but in the Chevy Z06 I pulled a 1:44.211 as the fastest lap with the regulations it has. Now I'm probably not the best driver in the GT class, but in saying that it makes this something to take note of, OH AND I hardly changed anything or tested it more than a handful of times.

Ya I've been testing the corvette, I've got a range, but nothing specific
 
Ok so will we be lowering the HP of the vette
 
**** my pedals.
the accel is dead when pressed but when i put the brake on the accel is at 50% of the brake.
 
phil bell
**** my pedals.
the accel is dead when pressed but when i put the brake on the accel is at 50% of the brake.

Maybe you got some wires mixed up.... A lot
 
I wish it was that simple, only one set all connected to 3 potentiometers, I dont know how to diagnose it.
The brake and clutch work fine (alot better than before) but when I brake the accel activates to 50% of brake input.
But when I press the accel nothing happens.
 
I'll hold out from that bhp drop for the moment, since I don't think ThaSTIGroe has attended any of the races. Someone from DP could use the Z06 if they make a habit of not turning up again.
 
StormPacer
I'll hold out from that bhp drop for the moment, since I don't think ThaSTIGroe has attended any of the races. Someone from DP could use the Z06 if they make a habit of not turning up again.

Your right, but I think it needs to be ready if someone joins/switches or he starts showing up
 
I've posted pre season stuff in the rolex series race report. I've added a link to my signature.
 
Back