The Slashers - Coffee Break!

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
IMPORTANT!

This is my latest creation. If this is the first of my fanfics you came across, I suggest you take your time reading the others first. The link provided will direct you to a thread of the list of my other fanfics. They are listed in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

This fanfic contains:

- A crossover of GT5 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. There will be opponents from the latter game, and so does their cars. However, some of the opponent names from that game will be used here, and others will have names that I came up on my own. There's also a "Slasher" that, however, is created on my own.

- This will be split into 2 parts: Highway racing and Touge racing.

- Expect Initial D references in the latter part.

And these two terms:

- Slasher
- Wanderer

The "Wanderer" will be defined at the beginning of this story.

And finally...

...this is the last of the GT5-based fanfics. The next book would be based on GT6, and should I get enough push, I'll start on it.

The Slashers

Part 1 - The Kingdom of Speed

Even before Takuma Kanonji joined F1, he's already being challenged by one of The Slashers, named Motoya Iwasaki a.k.a Jintei in an attempt to prove the superiority of street racing over circuit racing. However, there is one distraught person who seeks to teach those Slashers a lesson... and he is no other than the person who created that name.

In this first part, there are Slashers who make a name for themselves in Highway racing, particularly in Route 5 and Route 7. Who shall reign in this kingdom of high speed?

Page 1 - WEST NO. 5

Time: 5:30 pm

Being notified that he is invited to dinner by the Kanonjis since Takuma just arrived, Samui heads to his mountain pass which is the quickest route to Tokyo. He just visited his grandmother and helped out in her flower shop.

10569782335_a8125ecf3f_c.jpg

However, with the news spreading the The Slashers are making a move and started racing, Samui couldn't help but feel bothered...

Samui: "They're out and about, huh?"

10569781845_5afd9a0a10_c.jpg

Samui: "I can't believe they're using the title I used to be bestowed upon... I want to teach them a lesson, and show who the real Slasher is!"

Suddenly, a fast-moving car comes up behind him...

10569851624_f2131e6a1b_c.jpg

Samui: "Huh? Someone is coming very fast. Maybe I shall get out of his way."

However, it slows down to Samui's pace as it comes up, never showing signs of overtaking.

10569851384_68999513ee_c.jpg

Samui: "Judging from your movements, it seems you want to race me. And it's an NSX, huh? I don't care..."

10570056563_75701b796d_c.jpg

Samui shifts down to 2nd gear and the two cars start to race.

Samui: "...because this is my downhill! Let's see if you can overtake me! I'm the Original Slasher!"

The FD2 type R simply could not shake off the NSX-R.

10569809636_7f8540ea0c_c.jpg

Samui: "You're good. This Spoon-tuned Civic even eats Evos for breakfast on the downhill.

Let's see if you can keep up when I use this!"

He uses his gutter technique, however...

10569780875_7bc124b0c0_c.jpg

Samui: "You've got to be kidding me!!! He copied my technique!?"

10569809336_8581ec7bda_c.jpg

The NSX makes its move. The mysterious opponent quits on playing, and plans to overtake Samui.

10569808866_7c7be55539_c.jpg

Samui: "Just who the hell are you!?

Samui looks at his left to see who his opponent is.

10569850044_a17d278cef_c.jpg

Samui: "He's wearing a race suit!?"

The NSX then didn't apply the brakes, it seemed that the driver has the guts to take the next corner with speed.

10569808306_c1d37db0ea_c.jpg

Samui: "That's suicidal! Is that driver crazy? I'm sure he didn't just get lucky."

The NSX would keep increasing its gap corner after corner... Samui just lets off the accelerator.

10569779375_2f6cc42ab3_c.jpg

Samui: "I got defeated. If I am going to accomplish my goal, then I must be faster! I can't afford just sitting down like this. I must really revive my passion as the Original Slasher... even if I am going against my own team, then so be it. I already have a car that is perfect for the job."

10569807956_8aa290e435_c.jpg

**************************************************************************************

After a successful outrun, the NSX stops by at a nearby convenience store. The driver in jade racing suit steps out, and sees Samui's Civic passing by.

And the driver is no other than...

10456855386_7020512223_c.jpg

Keiichi Tsuchiya: "Not bad... But Slasher or not, I'm still the KING."

**************************************************************************************

Samui arrives in Tokyo and manages to be just in time in Takuma's home. It's a big celebration from their victory in the F1 season.

Takuma: "There's our cousin."

Kokoro: "Hey, join us for dinner!"

Nobuhiko: "It's been a while, Samui-kun."

Samui: "Senpai! I'm so glad to see you again. I'm still honing my skills, like what you use to do."

Nobuhiko: "That's good to hear. And at least you are moving up even when I was away."

Takanori: "He's even spending less time with us now! Well, I'm sure you're not just testing Hondas the whole day."

Samui: "I tested the new NSX GT500 machine that will replace the HSV-010 in the next Super GT season. Looks like a DTM machine though, and I honestly don't like it. Super GT cars must be distinguished by their own designs... and the partnership with DTM just ruins it."

Nobuhiko: "I agree. Oh, hey! Takuma-san, please stay up!"

Takuma: "Can we just eat already? I'm going to drop very soon. I DID NOT SLEEP FOR 20 HOURS IN THOSE TWO FLIGHTS, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!"

Tomoko: "You know, All Nippon Airways' first class seats can be reclined to 180 degrees and you can sleep like you're on a bed. Takuma Sato is even ANA's endorser."

Takuma: "Why didn't Sato tell me that? Gotta try one..."

Takanori: "Oh, haven't you heard, Aniki? The Slashers have increased their presence. There will even be a highway race tonight."

Takuma: "I'm not in the mood for a night race. I don't wanna crash tonight. I WILL SLEEP!"

Time: 10 pm

A loud roar echoes the tunnel. A black C4 Corvette zooms by.

10569807716_e38cb85e7b_c.jpg

The speed cameras record the car's speed. The readings indicate at 367 KM/H.

10569848404_47221f52c8_c.jpg

Then a street racer arrives, and is one of the spectators of the upcoming street race. The racer hears the Corvette's loud exhaust as well.

10569806056_f11b0cb988_c.jpg

Street Racer: "Something is coming!

10569848074_93264e3f0c_c.jpg

Street Racer: "There's no mistaking it. It's the..."

10570053483_6d64e41c78_c.jpg

Street Racer: "...WEST CORVETTE NO. 5! It's here to take on the highway Slashers! It's a Wanderer!"

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- This is the only cameo appearance of Keiichi Tsuchiya.

- The West Corvette NO. 5 is a Wanderer in TXR3 found in Nagoya. If the player exceeds 300 KM/H (186 MPH) in average speed in its career, then the player can challenge it. It's really fast, but just like the other A.I., it tends to crash on the traffic vehicles, making it rather easy to beat.

Well, it has to have a wing, to make it as close as its TXR3 counterpart.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, if you noticed, my new avatar is how I imagine Takuma to be.

(It's just a photoshopped photo of Ichigo... Ichigo's hair is orange.)

Last edited:
Page 2 - Flowers of the Highway

Oh such a nice sleep.... As I opened my eyes, I see Shin lying down beside and facing me with a smile. My wife is cooking breakfast, and Shin usually wakes me up with... the usual... another punch.

Ow! Hey, that hurt! Making Shin smile everyday is an achievement for me as a father. It is much better than the trophies won from Le Mans or F1 races. I never thought that I would be such a great father. I am doing my best as a provider for my happy family.

On to another topic. So the Slashers are getting more active, huh? Why do they want me, especially that "Jintei" guy? I'm sure it's just him... and I don't care about the others. Leave the other street racers to deal with them.

Breakfast is served. Oh... I missed the Natto that Kokoro uses to serve. I taught her how to make one, and she learned very fast.

Kokoro: "So, will you be visiting the Motoring Weekly office today?"

Takuma: "Nah, I'll probably spend the day helping out Okaasan in her shop and have bonding with you. I'll be back to work for next season. I missed bullying Takanori at work..."

Kokoro: "I see. Oh, it's perfect! I need your help later, because some new lighting equipment for our photo studio will arrive. And..."

Takuma: "I will carry them? Sure. No problem for me. I did gain some pounds of muscle..."

Kokoro: "Also, are you dealing with The Slashers?"

Takuma: "As much as possible, just one. The one who challenged me. The rest, I don't care. Let them poison the streets if they want to. One thing is for sure, that there is no future for racers who keep racing in the streets even though it is more thrilling and challenging."

Kokoro: "I see. Well, they're just wasting fuel, anyway. Hey, are you cooking for dinner?"

Takuma: "Sure. What do you want?"

Little Ben: "I want steak!"

Takuma: "Really? I had so much of them while I was in the States. Oh alright, I'll head to the grocery later and buy Kobe and Wagyu beef."

Little Ben: "Ooooooh, two types of steak! I wanna!"

Takuma: "How's karting?"

Little Ben: "I'm getting faster. And I still can't get over the day that I beat you and your Mini Cooper S with my go-kart! Ha!"

Takuma: "I shall have my revenge yet... celebrate while you can. Ha!"

Time: 9 pm

Sakura cruises along with her Z32. Suddenly, she gets a call from Juri.

Juri: "Yo! I'm waiting in front of your home. I thought we're gonna meet."

10585956524_dde4385cb0_c.jpg

Sakura: "Okay. Please wait a little."

Juri hears over the phone the increased exhaust note of Sakura's Z32.

Juri: "You know, I'm not leaving in a minute. Relax, girl! Just arrive here."

10585907215_c6a3d4bfc2_c.jpg

Sakura: "But it's rude for someone to be late. Geishas arrive in grace at the appointed time."

10585906825_6fd6c551b1_c.jpg

Despite wearing geisha high sandals, Sakura controls her Z32's drift effortlessly.

10585906535_59fb5f01a5_c.jpg

Sakura arrives at her home in time. She and Juri have a talk outside, to enjoy the cool breeze.

Juri: "You know, she's racing in Route 7 more often now."

Sakura: "Perhaps she is anticipating for our destined battle."

Juri: "The Midnight Rose, huh? And her Mitsubishi GTO means serious business."

10586171303_c1af72a17e_c.jpg

Sakura: "Miyako Ueno... She's my rival in the Geisha world."

10586171063_0178a967a8_c.jpg

Juri: "Miyako's GTO has appeared in a tuning magazine. It makes around 700 horsepower and she claimed that it reached 350 KM/H in Route 7."

Sakura: "And yet, she's still as "thorny as a rose" in the geisha district. She's hard to get by our clients. Also, she acts rather radically for a geisha. She would get around the honor codes of the Geisha. And as a professional racer, she is aggressive as well, taking advantage of her GTO's power."

10585926446_543157d2f0_c.jpg

Juri: "Can a cherry blossom outlive a rose? And is your Z32 capable of matching her GTO?"

10585925986_9f6c7fe822_c.jpg

10586169913_c037c99fd2_c.jpg

Sakura: "I am prepared for this. The Z32 is a darling, even by today. I'm sorry to say, but the Z33 and Z34 lost the charm found in the old Zs. The Z32 is the ultimate Z. The engine can take a lot of power, and the Z32 can even match GT-Rs too.

She is looking for me? Fine. I'll rise up and settle this thing once and for all."

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I can lend the 3000GT for the duel. It's a mix of Route 5 and Route 7.

- In TXR3, the Midnight Rose appears once you defeated all the opponents in the Wangan area of Tokyo at the 2nd part of the game. It's really fast as hell, considering the player's car hasn't been fully tuned at that point of the game (and even if your car is fully-tuned, the Midnight Rose GTO is still a rocketship) Also, I know that the TXR3 counterpart has a different driver name, and profession as well.

- The Z32 for me is the most epic Z of all.

Last edited:
Page 3 - The Desirable Petal

Time: 11 am

The next day, Hiroyuki returns just in time for lunch from his grocery and furniture shopping. He measures the old sofa, as he intends to buy the new one he saw from the mall.

Then suddenly the telephone rings. As he picks it up, he hears a familiar voice greeting him.

Hiroyuki: "It's been a while, my little brother Ryuji. What have you been doing lately? How's your son as well?"

Ryuji: "I'm doing good. My son Nobunaga intends to join Super GT next year."

Hiroyuki: "That's great to hear."

Ryuji: "I'm up for another round... this time our sons will take the stage."

Hiroyuki: "Good thing I still remember my 22 wins and 10 losses. When was the last time we had our duel? Around 30 years ago, I think. To think you spun out your Mustang Mach 1 at the last corner. My 2000GT was even puny to take on against your Mustang."

Ryuji: "Nobunaga will definitely win this time. I take pride to my son's abilities as a Slasher."

Hiroyuki: "Oh, so he's also among those street racers, eh? What kind of a father are you? Aren't you worried of your son's safety, and his future?"

Ryuji: "Seesh... don't make that an issue. I watch over my son very well. What you should be worrying is how would you come up with a win. My son versus your son. It all lies now on how you are going to be a great mentor. Oh well.... that's what I'm calling you for. Anyway, have a nice day. See you at the touge, on the day of our sons' duel."

Hiroyuki: "Game on. I very eager to take my 23rd win."

Ryuji: "Let's see. Maybe my son will turn the tables this time."

The call ends. Hiroyuki goes to the kitchen and helps his wife prepare lunch.

Hiroyuki: "I will buy that sofa we saw at the mall last week. I went there this morning just to check if it has the right measurements."

Kyoko: "That's good. Oh, who called?"

Hiroyuki: "My little brother. He's going at it again. I'm glad that I have a very competitive sibling... unlike Michiharu Kanonji who just races when he feels like it."

Kyoko: "There you go again. Another street race."

Hiroyuki: "This time, with our children involved. His son, against our sons. Though of course I have to pick one."

Kyoko: "Just make sure they're not going to be in danger, especially Nobuhiko."

Hiroyuki: "In fact, I need to do something to make up for him. Hmmmm.... I'm going out after lunch."

Time: 3 pm

Hiroyuki takes out Nobuhiko's Elise for a spin at the mountain pass.

10608064863_6798a75c2a_c.jpg

He still has his finesse in handling the car. The car is in total control at the corners, despite being notoriously known for easily snapping out.

10608064493_c77b68c270_c.jpg

His left hand is on the gear stick, his right hand however... is duct taped on the steering wheel.

10607840306_fb58229ab6_c.jpg

On something that has overly sensitive handling, using only one hand to steer could prove tricky. But it's not the case for Hiroyuki.

10608063393_87f241ae2a_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "This shall do. I used to do this in my McLaren. With Nobuhiko's reflexes, this should be a child's play for him. But I'm not expecting him to master it in one sitting... as this car will prove to be a challenge for him.

I will teach him this high-level technique. His reflexes would truly shine on this one!"

Time: 11 pm

With no traffic to deal with, Sakura heads out at the highway in search for her rival. And as if fate answered her pleas, she immediately spots The Midnight Rose.

10607873755_ce93f5275f_c.jpg

Sakura: "There she is.... Fate allowed us to meet again. And you're now a Slasher, huh?"

Miyako: "Oh-ho. Look who showed up, it's Sakura. You still have your conservative beliefs, eh? Well, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Let's go!"

Miyako steps on it.

10607873095_db01670195_c.jpg

Sakura: "It begins... I'm ready. Let us settle this once and for all."

The GTO's traction proves to be a challenge for Sakura. The car just inches away after each corner.

10607899136_7618d2c308_c.jpg

10607872465_2bb1af57e8_c.jpg

Sakura: "The sorcery of 4WD. But that does not make one an ace in the racing world. It's like you... you want to break the traditions and heritage, much like how 4WDs changed the world."

10607898486_a3714899cb_c.jpg

Miyako: "I shall challenge you in Route 7! Let's see if a cherry blossom would live longer!"

Juri calls up Kokoro, who is sleeping soundly. The noise of her smartphone wakes her up, and she takes the call.

Kokoro: "Juri... I'm tired for the whole day. Why did you call?"

Juri: "I'm jealous. You get to taste Takuma every night and get laid. On a serious note, I think Sakura is racing the Midnight Rose."

Kokoro: "Oh yeah... her rival in the Geisha district. To think that the Midnight Rose is a Slasher."

Juri: "You think Sakura could do it?"

Kokoro: "Of course. She is the Highway Cherry Blossom. She didn't get that moniker for nothing. Her calmness is her ultimate weapon."

Juri: "Oh... how's the new car you bought? Is it perfect for the job?"

Kokoro: "Very perfect. Well, I need to sleep. I'm tired."

Juri: "You're hopeless. You got tired already from getting laid??? Ahahahahahaha! Just kidding! Sweet dreams..."

Back in the race, the two cars enter Route 7. The GTO's immense power helps spread the gap.

10607871385_8e72ea7e6c_c.jpg

Miyako: "You always get the clients. I am trying my very best, but each time you appear, you steal my clients! What's in you!? People like you are old news! What traditions can do!? We are living in the modern world, you know? Loosen up for once!"

At the hairpin, it gets worse as Sakura's Z almost loses control.

10607870935_639b0ce467_c.jpg

Sakura: "You really push it, huh? I pity you and your car..."

However, the Z keeps up via slipstream, and the Vbox on the Z's dashboard reads at 360 KM/H. But Sakura backs off even though there's a huge opportunity to overtake.

10607897236_6ca65c572d_c.jpg

Sakura: "I'm not gonna push this car beyond its limits. Miyako... you love getting around the rules and break the boundaries. You give the Geisha a bad name."

As they enter the tunnel, Sakura steps on it and continues with the slipstream.

Sakura: "Time to finish this. Face the consequences."

10607880884_64d13e4e7d_c.jpg

Once again, the Z reaches speeds in excess of 360 KM/H. However, just as Sakura is about to overtake, the GTO suddenly blows its engine.

10607896076_79e49535db_c.jpg

Miyako: "Nooooooooo!!!! It can't be!!!"

Without fear, Sakura overtakes, even though knowing that her opponent is about to spin.

10608118233_3fde0b3303_c.jpg

Sakura's pink Z32 blasts away from the tunnel still at 360 KM/H. The VG30DETT had proven its durability.

10607868615_8a73bf4297_c.jpg

Sakura: "While it is true that a cherry blossom lives a short life, even its petals are an object of desire for many. The rose is also an attractive sight, but the thorns would actually turn away many hands. The thorns represent the ugly side of the person that shouldn't have been grown in the first place. Just like you, Miyako... you could not have "thorns" if you follow our traditions."

10607878294_bd9441a124_c.jpg

End of Page 3

Last edited:
Duct-tape deathmatch? Very interesting. I smell a battle reminiscent of Takumi vs Shingo.

Page 4 - The Highway Cold War

Sigh.... I'm getting restless with the Slasher stories popping out recently. But really, why should I be bothered? I must use this break to spend more time with my loved ones.

So I've heard from my wife that her friend defeated one of the Slashers. So I guess it's one down, huh?

But just to make sure I'm prepared with them, I decided to take out Otousan's one-off Aventador LP800-2 after dinner. I tagged Takanori along, as he is the first person to hear out my problems...

10625805805_0dca1defbe_c.jpg

Takanori: "What's bugging you? We've already left Yokohama and entered Tokyo running around and yet you haven't told me a single word."

10625805575_f4c880a934_c.jpg

Takuma: "Should I really get into this kind of thing? What benefit could I possibly have should I beat Jintei, or at least one of the Slashers?"

Takanori: "You're being challenged, so it's a must to rise up. It's a street race. And if you win, then he won't bug you anymore."

Takuma: "I hope it's as simple as what you just said. I think this Aventador can beat those highway street racers.

While the highways offer gentle corners and long straights, I can't help but worry about something."

Takanori: "Which is? Oh hey, we're going 370 KM/H steadily... despite being rear wheel drive."

10625828094_3648364279_c.jpg

Takuma: "This. Engine blows are a potential hazard. That's exactly how The Midnight Rose got defeated. And even with the unique cooling methods that this car has; the increased power, and prolonged running at the limits add too much stress to the engine. It's like you have to rest after a marathon, we can't just run forever."

Takanori: "I agree. But we can't just chicken off the pedal, either. It's really hard, isn't it? Especially that this car is Sir Ben's memento."

Takuma: "It is. But this is the only weapon I have right now, should I face the WEST Corvette No. 5."

Takanori: "Oh right... I've heard stories of it too. Actually, the driver of the car is an American."

Takuma: "A gaijin racer that quickly rose to fame."

Takanori: "And he's calling himself a Wanderer. A Wanderer is like having a crusade against the Slashers. But rumors fly around that the car is having a global-scale rivalry with one particular Slasher, and this is their next battleground.

Takanori is very well-informed about them. Well, he checks the racing blogs more often than I do, anyway.

10625840896_d7822b2882_c.jpg

Takanori: "I remember now, the owner of the WEST Corvette. His name is Henry Rogers. Henry is an ex-NASCAR racer and has moved on to the American Le Mans Series. And you could really see it, knowing his choice of car and his style of racing."

10625804155_5d13edee9d_c.jpg

Takanori: "He would normally challenge the cars that deemed to be very fast. Those who raced him all say one thing - that they're racing in speeds in excess of 350 KM/H. But the Corvette would actually perform sneak attacks like a ninja, taking advantage of its black color."

Takuma: "Man, you know a lot of stuff in street racing here."

Takanori: "I do have a lot of friends that are involved in those, that's why."

10626077663_f7627fc3e1_c.jpg

Takuma: "So, who is this Henry guy's rival?"

Takanori: "A Slasher named Z.E.R.O."

10625840026_5697351ae3_c.jpg

Takuma: "I assume that Z.E.R.O guy has nothing to do with me."

Takanori: "He drives a black Porsche 993 Turbo, according to the street racers. He's a Russian named Dmitri Ivanakovitch."

Takuma: "Dmitri? His name rings a bell. If I remember it right, Dmitri is a current racer in the Porsche GT3 Cup Series."

Takanori: "So... I guess this is the Highway Cold War."

Takuma: "I just don't get it. Why do these FIA-licensed racers get involved in these kind of races? Yet they have plenty of opportunities and benefits they receive from racing at the track. Is it more thrilling and exciting when danger is involved? Puh-lease, even a racetrack can turn into a graveyard.

All that matters now, is settling the score with Motoya Iwasaki and leave the rest to others."

End of Page 4

Last edited:
So that's how the WEST vs RUF rivalry came about in Reina's story. I like it.

Page 5 - Seal of Approval

Good morning! I had a nice sleep after the Aventador run last night. Okay, so all the worries are gone. Well, I'll just rise up to the challenge then!

The usual, I have to take Little Ben to school, and we have to leave rather early, knowing how legendary Tokyo's traffic jams are in the morning.

I'm slurping a hot cup of coffee as we watch the morning news. And suddenly....

News Reporter: "Just last night, a black Porsche had crashed in a curve in Route 5. The driver is a Russian named Dmitri Ivanakovitch who turns out to be a professional racer.

10670624213_740039b28d_c.jpg

News Reporter: "He was unconscious as the paramedics arrive, but eventually regained as they arrived at the Tokyo General Hospital. According to the witnesses, the Porsche is racing with another car."

10670426654_df22a928a4_c.jpg

News Reporter: "Street racing in Tokyo has become prevalent once again, despite the government's action against it during the past decades. According to the community living around Route 5, some group of racers collectively known as "Slashers" have most likely reignited the street racing scenes. Unfortunately, not even the police can apprehend the said street racers. With the street racing cars exceeding 300 km/h, and the recent gadgets that reflect the light to cover license plates to prevent speed cameras from capturing the number plates, the police are having problems."

Kokoro: "Oh dear..."

Takuma: "See? They're just having a death wish, really. Why not just settle those things safely in a racing circuit?"

Kokoro: "As if race circuits are very near, and as if they are open everyday and reservations are easy."

Takuma: "So they just have to immediately scratch that itch to race, eh? Oh well, I understand them.

Hey, Ben, you ready to go?"

Little Ben: "Yes. Let's go."

Without further adieu, both of us leave. After dropping him off to school, I decided to visit the Motoring Weekly office. Oh how I miss my uber-personalized cubicle with photos, coffee mugs, and keychains.

Takanori: "The bully is here!!!!"

Nobuyuki: "Yo, Chun-Li! When will you be back here?"

Takuma: "Next season, and I'll make sure both of you will have a beating... no wait, kicking from me."

Nobuhiko: "Hey, have you heard the news this morning?"

Takuma: "About Z.E.R.O's crash? I'd love racing against a Porsche, but sadly it doesn't have to happen. You think he's racing against that Corvette?"

Takanori: "Probably... man, I think I'll back off should I see that WEST Corvette."

Takuma: "Oh... you still have that Corvette-phobia, that's why."

Takanori: "THAT'S NOT IT! But... it's as fast as hell."

Takuma: "Any of your GT-Rs can easily eat it."

Nobuyuki: "Oh, speaking of which, Takanori-san will review a tuned Corvette Z06 for next week's episode."

And Takanori once again goes to the corner of the room, shaking while sitting in a fetal position.

Nobuhiko: "I think Takanori-san should see a psychiatrist."

Takuma: "Grow up, Takanori. You've already reviewed some Corvettes and you did well."

Takanori: "You're all mean!!! I'm thinking of resigning.... fufufufufufufufufu..."

And we all laugh... Haha. That is the funniest side of Takanori. Hey, I gotta work on my act, as I want Takanori working with me.

Nobuhiko: "Guys, I'll be leaving a bit earlier this afternoon."

Nobuyuki: "You're going at it again? Oh boy..."

Nobuhiko: "I have to master it."

Nobuyuki: "Here's a duct tape."

Nobuhiko: "I find it irritating... Don't worry, I won't cheat. I will work on my One-Hand Steer."

One-hand steer? Huh? I simulate my arm movements as if they're steering. Then I only use my right arm to steer... what the!?

Nobuhiko: "See? That's how difficult it is."

Takuma: "One cannot turn the wheel properly. Why the heck are you mastering it?"

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji told me that it's actually more precise, and that it maintains speed through the turns. I gotta agree on the part that steering more than needed can reduce speed, but the rest... I just can't put my finger on it. He says that it's between GRIP and DRIFT. And there are more merits to those as well. He didn't explain it further, as he lets me find them out by myself."

Takuma: "Between grip and drift? That method is tricky on a rear-wheel drive car, you know? Catching the oversteer using only one hand on the wheel is... impossible."

Nobuhiko: "I'll work on it. You are an ace in footwork... then I'll be an ace in steering. We'll be a proper duo that will beat the Slashers. Ha!"

Time: 5 pm

Nobuhiko leaves early from work and resumes his mastery on the one-hand steer that Hiroyuki drilled on him.

10670620743_4981b8a84b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Is this Oyaji's trump card during his heyday? This is really testing my patience."

Turning to the right using only one hand on the next corner, however he steers too little that the Elise ends up understeering.

10670351075_9e2690f73b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Crap! Too little!"

The next corner, the Elise starts to oversteer, however Nobuhiko reflexively catches it and the Elise is four-wheel drifting instead.

10670401726_ab4409e721_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What I noticed is that I took this corner faster than I used to. But it's really up to me and my reflexes on how to calculate the proper steering angle!"

Next corner, he makes a mistake once again.

10670619743_70bcb314df_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Dammit!"

At the consecutive corners, the car enters at the right speed, however at the next curve, the Elise ends up spinning out as he steered too much.

10670349865_aa0ce522ab_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I've done it again... since when did I last spun out? Back when I raced the Supra for the first time.

Oyaji... actually, this is more fun. Heh. I'll master it before the showdown!"

************************************************************************************

I arrived home for dinner. While eating, I can't help but think back what Nobuhiko intends to do. What are the advantages of steering using only one hand, if Hiroyuki-san says so?

Whatever they are, I believe Little Nobu will master it. Suddenly, a phone call...

Takuma: "Hello?"

Kaido: "Are you free after dinner?"

Takuma: "I am. Why?"

Kaido: "Come over here. The Miura is eager to be driven by you again."

Takuma: "Wait!? It's fixed?"

Kaido: "More than just being fixed, boy. Alessandro won't allow it. He fiddled more than that."

So I tell off my wife and then set off after dinner. As I arrive in Kaido's shop, the brilliance of the Miura once again shines! Like it came from the showroom floor! So what did Alessandro do to the Miura, then?

Kaido: "Get in."

And so we did. As I start the engine, it has an entirely different roar! It's like an angry beast on idle!

Takuma: "Heh. So I assume he did a lot of work in the engine too."

We entered Route 5. And the moment I floored it... all hell breaks loose! What an acceleration!

10670354095_a1256d7d51_c.jpg

Kaido: "Last night, I ran this car and topped out at 340 KM/H at Route 7. But it's not really tuned for top speed runs, either. It only has 520 HP, and weighs just 900 kilograms."

Takuma: "This accelerates quicker than my FD, and even than my Gallardo! So this thing didn't fly?"

Well, that's one known problem of the Miura. Exceed 250 KM/H and expect a high level of lift, like you are a plane taking off.

Kaido: "Of course it didn't. If it did, then why are you driving this now?"

This is madness! 260... 270... 280... 290!!!

10670353315_1dd23fb16f_c.jpg

And I hit the brakes, and they bite stronger as well. Well, they have to.

Kaido: "Heh... we're going too fast for the corner, boy."

Takuma: "There's no car I cannot tame! I will tame this wild Bull!"

10670622633_0d127e33ed_c.jpg

With that slide under control, I am now just inches away from the guardrail as I turn left.

10670622533_2fa46e1705_c.jpg

10670352525_68888a0eed_c.jpg

Kaido: "This car has the exact specifications of the legendary Lamborghini Jota. Alessandro has a copy of the blueprint and tuning methods of that car."

Takuma: "It shows! I can corner this thing better than before!"

Kaido: "Should that Corvette race you, this Miura is a perfect weapon here in Route 5's corners."

10670403146_3ab3426025_c.jpg

Kaido: "So, how is this car?"

And I will respond in English, with my British accent as well. What will I reply?

Takuma: "This scares the s:censored:t out of me. I adore this."

Kaido: "Heh... Sir Ben's Seal of Approval."

Let's see how this Jota-spec Miura stack up against that Corvette. Bring it on...

End of Page 5

10672077465_e149ff5506_c.jpg

Last edited:
Page 6 - One Being

Done with the Miura testing! I wish my fathers are alive to run it... and laugh together as well. Hmmmm... it can hold its own against the Corvette, if we're not going to race in Route 7, that is.

I cannot use my 2 RE Amemiya FDs, either, as they are more suited for the Touge. Though my 644 horsepower 3 Rotor turbo FD would also be unfair. Same goes to the Aventador.

Well, Miura it is! I want to make a false assumption to the street racers.

The next morning, I went back home after taking Little Ben to school. In her spare time, Kokoro teaches me the basics of photography, since I bought an SLR Camera yesterday.

Rule of Thirds... Aperture... Shutter Speed... man, I don't know that it could be this complicated! And I suck at using Photoshop as well.

Whew... that's enough lecture for the morning. Next up, I helped out Okaasan in the Mochi Shop, and as usual her smile makes every customer feel welcome.

As I am taking out the tray in the display freezer since the contents on it need to be replenished, I see a foreigner entering the shop. I greeted him as usual.

Henry: "Oh, so you do this to kill boredom, eh? So this is the famed Mochi shop that even foodies from as far as the US are dying to go. Maybe you should think of expanding, and this shop is even small.

Takuma: "My mother intends it to keep it this way. And who are you?"

Henry: "Henry Rogers. And this place is most likely I'll find you. I have also watched your race with Takuma Sato in Indianapolis, you know?"

Takuma: "So you're the owner of the infamous WEST Corvette that runs around Tokyo's highways."

Henry: "Yep, that's right. See her at the door? That's my baby."

That's a menacing car you have. And it attracts attention from the customers too.

Henry: "It makes over 700 horsepower, and it can do more than 220 miles per hour, or 360 kilometers per hour in your language.

Listen, I'm here not just to try out your Mochi, but also issue a challenge. A street race."

Takuma: "A street race?"

Henry: "I am an up-and-coming Le Mans driver. I wanna see how a Le Mans racer does it. 15 laps around Route 5 tonight. Sounds good to you?"

Are you crazy? 15 laps?

Takuma: "So an endurance run, huh?"

Henry: "Don't disappoint me. I want to see the full extent of the Takuma Kanonji... The Black Dragon."

So he knows my former codename as well... The Proteges was a feared name in motorsports.

Takuma: "Bring it on, then. Kakatte koi!"

Henry: "Glad to hear. Now, which is your bestseller here?"

Time: 10 pm

Street racers gather at the venue, knowing that there will be a big event going on. Some are discussing and speculating.

"Hey, is this serious? A 15-lap race? That's crazy!"

"That's like the survival of the fittest!"

"You think Takuma Kanonji will win?"

"Of course! No one can match him!"

"But the opponent is also a pro racer!"

And then they hear Takuma's Miura arriving.

"A Miura!? Is that Takuma!?"

10688066604_730fa9feb4_c.jpg

I don't expect a crowd like this. Man, words spread faster than the speeds of all the hypercars combined. I pulled over. Oh, I have a support van coming as well...

10688066144_201789d950_c.jpg

Hiroyuki:
"Lots of people here."

Takanori:
"They treat this like the main event. Well, that's expected when one makes a name for himself at the streets."

10688255373_3b00a3e063_c.jpg

The van arrives as well. Takanori and Hiroyuki-san get out, and the watchers will have a
surprise from us as Takanori opens up the trunk...

"What the!? The van is filled with parts!?"

"To think that they will bring their circuit racing antics here..."

Takuma:
"Next time, let Hiroyuki-san do the driving. It's faster that way."

Takanori: "Hey! I just stopped by a convenience store to buy bottles of water! You don't want to be dehydrated."

Hiroyuki:
"Takanori, raise up your twin's Miura. Time to work on the suspension.

I took out some lighting equipment from the van and lit them up as well. Time to focus first on the settings. Having driven in Route 5 for several times, I can easily tell how to set the car up. Takanori takes out a chair and table, and places a laptop on the table. He sits down and makes analysis.

Takuma:
"Route 5 is rather technical in nature, and that's expected from a street track. The road surface is surprisingly smooth. However, I do need more turning ability. So I suggest strengthening the rear brakes."

Takanori:
"Roger!"

After making the initial setups, I set off for practice. Henry has not yet arrived...

10670403146_3ab3426025_c.jpg

10670426714_34e21f7baf_c.jpg

Takanori:
"Oddly enough, I am feeling tension. Is it because the opponent is also a pro?"

Hiroyuki:
"Expect battles like these in the future."

Takanori:
"To think Henry is an ALMS driver. I'm sure he's used to endurance runs. But do you think we have a fighting chance?"

Hiroyuki:
"As far as I know, Takuma has to be in his 100% mode. But if we are going to have a fighting chance, I must say the turns are in favor for the Miura. And take note, it's a Jota-spec Miura, so it's built for racing in mind. The Miura definitely has more power-to-weight ratio than the Corvette."

Takanori:
"But the Corvette's pulling power will offset it. And the Corvette has a more advanced suspension setup as well."

I headed back. My initial setup was not ideal...

Takuma: "Even out the brake balance. I am ending up sliding unnecessarily. Oh, switch to hard compound Slick tires. Henry's Corvette is running on those too."

While Takanori is at it, I am doing some warm-ups, stretching and the usual 100 push ups...

Takanori:
"You always have to do that routine each race?"

Takuma: "Otousan once said, "The car, body, mind, and spirit, has to be in harmony. Once you are One Being, then you are unstoppable."

Hiroyuki: "Sir Ben's true philosophy... I remember that."

Finally, Henry arrives!

10670426654_df22a928a4_c.jpg

Takanori:
"There he is!"

Henry: "Sorry to keep you waiting."

T
akuma: "I don't mind it at all. I made practice runs."

Henry: "Nice. Don't hold back, okay?"

We lined up at the start. This is getting tense...

10688023155_8ca33339ac_c.jpg

Takanori: "Those engines can make everyone deaf! But nothing beats the lovely sound of a carbureted engine!"

10688022685_e54a54852b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san, what Aniki mentioned a while back. I don't get it."

Hiroyuki: "That's what the motorsport world failed to see when Sir Ben and The Proteges took over by storm. They claim that The Proteges are having an unfair advantage. Actually, the cars they were running back then were even following the regulations. But they were deemed as "unfair" simply because of that "One Being" philosophy of Sir Ben. The car's tuning and performance, the top condition of the body, the efficiency of the mind, and the burning fighting spirit must be in harmony and thus bring out the best. To make those happen, Sir Ben pushes his Proteges to their limits!

Takuma still exemplifies the One Being philosophy! It's a shame that we just realized this now, even though he's been doing it in his lifetime."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Once again, I need a volunteer for the duel.

- Oh, play this when you re-read this page, especially Takuma's arrival with the support van. :P

Support van is win.

Music makes the atmosphere easier to feel, while i do prefer it in links like this and this. And check out the front page for sequel purposes. I have.

That second song is the shameless plug of my final duel.

With the GT6 car list being revealed, I will push through with the sequel based on that game. Though I don't know if it will start on December or January 2014.

With more classic cars, I am also heavily contemplating on resuming "The Boom".

If it pushes through, then you'll once again see Hiroyuki, Michiharu, Tomoko, and Sir Ben in their heyday.

And their cars, of course!

Hiroyuki - Toyota 2000GT
Michiharu - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R Hakosuka, Alfa Romeo TZ2
Tomoko - Lancia Stratos
Sir Ben - Lamborghini Countach LP400

And a new rival that will drive the Ferrari 365 GT4.

For the sequel, however:

Takuma - Pagani Huayra, RE Amemiya FD3S GT300 Base Model, Lamborghini Countach LP400, Lamborghini Diablo GT, Mazda RX-500

Nobuhiko - Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model (and if the base models have vinyl or livery editors, then expect to see another Castrol Supra with a V8), Toyota 2000GT, Ford Mustang Boss 2013

Takanori - Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, KTM X-Bow, Lancia Stratos, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2014 (yes, I wrote having Takanori driving a Corvette! :lol: )

Nobuyuki - SRT Viper GTS, Subaru Impreza S206 NBR Challenge

Ricky - Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model

Rob Hatch - Lotus Europa Special '71 (yes! A premium Europa Special! I don't like the S2 version...)

That's all I could spill, as there will be more cars that they will be driving. And they are subject to change.

At the next page I'll post later, there will be a prelude to the sequel at the beginning of the page.

Last edited:
Little Nobu's taking the Boss? I'm sure he's got no problem taming the 444 hp, or maybe, if someone's got something to do with it. :sly:

You don't mind if i do something about it? I'll promise that only thing happening is just a talk. It's about: (scroll text onwards to find out) the apology for a controversial fire.

I'm excited about GT6's choices, but i really wanted a few more cars. Then i saw the world's most desirable automotive art form. :drool:

I like the cars you picked for GT6. It would be interesting to see Takanori race against the SRT Viper GTS in his Corvette. (The Viper would win though :D)

Page 7 - Bringing Out The Best

Agent Clinton is overlooking the skyline, and he also sees the street race from his point of view, as the headquarters is located around Route 5.

Then Sayuki gets in the room, and she just came from her trip in Europe. However, she is not at all happy despite the relaxation.

Agent Clinton: "Good thing you missed the mess that happened here recently."

Sayuki: "I know. But my overall vacation in Europe didn't really make me happy when I found something shocking."

Agent Clinton: "Which is?"

Sayuki: "While I was having a spa treatment with my friends from CIA, one of them discovered a hidden laboratory in Finland. We went there, and to our shock, we found 5 empty pods, and with the wires cut off, it's assumed that the subjects are done and are on the loose.

And you know what are those? Simply put, they are copies of NH2. We found a USB plugged in a computer there, and as we opened the PC, all the data from NH2 is there! So we immediately secured the lab and brought the computer here for further investigation.

Dammit, even when NH2's body was buried, and the creator arrested, the Ultimate Racer project is still ongoing! The Hiramotos won't like this, especially Nobuhiko.

I'm sure that Christian guy devised that should NH2 fails... he simply created 5 more of them with Nobuhiko's genes and race data in them and he easily got arrested. All along, he did plan to go behind bars, just as long as the project is up and running, with the 5 subjects running on their own. Perhaps, my theory is that those 5 will make a racing team.

Agent Clinton: "This is disturbing. The Ultimate Racer Project must be totally stopped before all racers are out of their jobs! And the only ones that can stop them are..."

Sayuki: "...the racers of Dream Alliance."

Agent Clinton: "We need their help, especially Nobuhiko and Takuma."

And we're off! Damn, that Corvette launched like a bullet! 700 horsepower is no joke!

10722416565_2b320205b1_c.jpg

Takanori: "That's one crazy launch there!"

Hiroyuki: "I also heard a supercharger whine. That is one of the benefits of having a supercharger, bottom-end thrust!

10722507606_599e135d1e_c.jpg

The Corvette corners well. Gotta admit, the suspension geometry of the Miura is archaic compared to the Corvette's!

Henry: "I'm not gonna play ninja here. Especially when I'm dealing with someone like Takuma Kanonji... who won a Le Mans race.

I am just curious on how will you fare. Chasing someone in the race brings out the best of the driver, and I want to see that!"

10722415965_fd6d7eac90_c.jpg

On an Endurance race, tire management is key here. But I don't want to fall back as far as possible!

Takanori:
"This could be difficult. I'm even doubting that the Miura would last an endurance run."

Hiroyuki: "But that Corvette isn't invincible either. Unlike the C5 that succeeded it, the C4 still hasn't had the transaxle layout. Which means, the C4 is nose heavy. With that, the front tires will suffer probably as much as the rear ones. The transaxle layout is an expensive and complicated method, but very ideal for setting the ideal weight distribution of a front-engined, rear wheel drive car."

10722503134_583f502e9c_c.jpg

Takanori: "I noticed from the Corvette too, is that it carries a ZR-1 name. Man, that gave me chills... especially that a ZR1 almost took my life."

Hiroyuki: "So that explains your Corvette-phobia. Anyhow, the ZR-1 is the highest-performing C4 model in the range, even better than the younger Grand Sport. GM's goal is to make the fastest production car at the time, hence they poured their energy and resources for it, even involving Lotus in the development of the engine.

With that, comes with a high price. The ZR-1 costed twice as much as the basic Corvette, and it wasn't expected to price that high, knowing that Corvettes are bargain supercars in essence. But it did offer promising performance numbers, even upsetting the likes of Porsche, AMG, and Ferrari at the time.

True enough, it's one of the most sought-after Corvettes ever, since it's the original ZR-1. Used ones depreciated a little."

10722502944_9150b13d1b_c.jpg

I'll just lay low and watch. But I gotta watch out for my pace as well. I am having advantage in corners, as I noticed.

10722415315_6a9e4a1bff_c.jpg

"Whoa! Amazing speed from the Corvette! The Miura is definitely falling back!"

"Corvettes are on a different level! It's truly America's Sports Car!"

Takanori: "You think Aniki is on to something?"

Hiroyuki:
"Think back on your Nurburgring 24 Hour race, and Takuma's 24 Hours of Le Mans."

10722702513_c319b6dd41_c.jpg

Takanori: "Of course! Tire management!"

Hiroyuki: "Remember, that's the only set of Slick tires we have. He cannot afford to change. All that matters now is how can he use them in 15 laps. I trust in the Hard Compounds for durability, but it still lies on how one uses their grip."

10722702463_687ed0b55c_c.jpg

Damn... this is truly a wild Bull! I cannot afford to oversteer!

10722701993_3aec454b77_c.jpg

Okay... 1 cm... 1 cm... split the throttle levels into half, 2 cm to 1 cm...

10722501324_b89342e820_c.jpg

Takanori:
"It could look boring. But battles like this are actually a high-level clash! The viewers fail to realize the efforts needed in tire management."

Hiroyuki: "Correct. Speaking of which, the Corvette driver must also realize the demerits of a supercharger, especially on his tires."

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The conversation between Sayuki and Agent Clinton provides hints on what will happen on the sequel. That's all I could spill for now. :)

When i reread earlier today, I saw 15 laps. To that, my first thought was tire strength. Really. :D

I like the Corvette, but my favorite American car would be the one that celebrates 100 years of cars. And those NH guys just won't give up..

Page 8 - Takuma's Charge

Kokoro has changed her clothes and is about to get on the bed. Though knowing that her husband is racing, she instead stands up and looks at the sleeping Shin at the crib.

However, her phone rings, and it's Makoto on the other line.

Kokoro: "Hello?"

Makoto: "You think your husband will win this street race?"

Kokoro: "Part of me is worrying, but I'm also believing that he'll win it."

Makoto: "Oh, I called up because Racing Service Dino has just called me up a while ago. The tuning of the car is finished, and we can have a shakedown."

Kokoro: "That's great to hear. Besides, it really is perfect to beat that female Slasher on the touge. Yeah, she's challenging The Pink Army."

Makoto: "But what she doesn't know is what will hit her. To think she has nice dreams, to be the fastest female racer of Japan. But knowing her exploits, she doesn't deserve to be."

Kokoro: "The Passionate Pink duo will teach her a lesson, right?"

Makoto: "Yeah! We'll teach that b:censored:ch a lesson."

Just how many laps has it been? 7? Or 8? One thing is for sure, if this drags on, I'm doomed!

10741071375_d30d3f8090_c.jpg

My real enemy here is not the Corvette. It's this Miura! It's harder to control than I expected, even harder than the rear-wheel drive Aventador LP800-2! No wonder the original Jota burst into flames because it was too difficult control that it got into an accident.

10741162324_f3700fbded_c.jpg

But I won't give up taming this wild bull!

10741372153_42881f0ef1_c.jpg

Takanori: "You can do it..."

Hiroyuki: "Takuma should increase his pace a bit. But I think he's struggling, with the Miura's newfound power."

Takanori: "You think this battle will last as planned?"

Hiroyuki: "Heh... I don't think so."

10741069395_1209618ee8_c.jpg

Something is wrong with the Corvette's pace. I am keeping up.

Henry: "This car is stressed. Maybe because I've gone all-out? I intend to bring out Takuma's capabilities by choosing to lead and be at my 100%.

10741374503_70a3e337b2_c.jpg

Henry: "So this turned out to be bad for me. He is keeping up. Maybe I did bring out the best in him, but he's performing a counterattack!"

All right, I'm getting closer to him!

Takanori: "The gap has decreased!"

Hiroyuki: "From this point on, Takuma should start his charge. After all, a Raging Bull must be charging at its opponent."

Takanori: "After all, Aniki has experience in endurance races!"

Hiroyuki: "My theory is that the Corvette will give up soon. If it had held back like Takuma did, then the battle will last longer, and all 15 laps would be covered."

10741146716_eb74f462d8_c.jpg

Henry:
"It begins. The rear tires are spinning..."

10741145476_ab98418d2d_c.jpg

The most important thing in an endurance race is how you would survive. You chose to lead and go all-out, and you are currently wearing down. If you are running like that right now...

10741066575_79555f2d31_c.jpg

... then it goes to show that you are not ready for ALMS!

All right, you wild fighting bull, let us charge to victory!

End of Page 8

10741065375_dd3af178a0_c.jpg

Page 9 - The Divider of Luck

It's my turn now! This battle won't last long. Too bad, I'm expecting much from you.

10767328594_dab176c7b8_c.jpg

Henry: "The car's rear tires are giving up soon. I gotta hold on!"

10767230035_19c6afc3c4_c.jpg

No time to waste. I will attack you at the hairpin! That will show your Corvette's weakness!

10767504943_948d1727c8_c.jpg

Henry: "No! Shoot, I braked too late and overshoot through this hairpin!"

All right! Just as planned! Now, try and chase me!"

10767504253_83ae4fefa3_c.jpg

Persistent, aren't you? You just never give up, huh? Your sneak attack will just be useless...

10767326954_e126a679f5_c.jpg

We're neck-in-neck through the last corner.

10767502973_e3dc727b92_c.jpg

Henry: "After this corner, I shall regain the lead at the straight! Then the real battle will begin!"

Suddenly, the Corvette loses control! Heh, just a stroke of luck. But really, why?

10767227315_20bde27bf4_c.jpg

I got it! Heh, it's just so simple, really... I'll explain that later.

10767294836_759c4edb93_c.jpg

Henry: "Crap! Heh... no one has ever pushed me this hard. I lost this battle of attrition."

10767762053_cab02e71b6_c.jpg

10767325224_772e1f785f_c.jpg

"The Corvette spun out!"

Takanori: "Yossha!!! Aniki wins!"

Hiroyuki: "See? I told you this battle won't last 15 laps. But I guess Takuma has finally mastered the art of footwork."

I decided to pull over since both of our cars will be useless to run further, knowing the condition of the tires. Henry rejoins us and approaches me.

Henry: "Nice race. You're the only person that pushed me really hard."

Takuma: "Your strategy turned out to be your downfall from the very beginning. Having raced in endurance races twice, it's very important to lay low and think of multiple methods on how to overtake your opponent. What you did is just go all-out and attempted to bring out the best in me. You were successful, but you ended up sacrificing your car and its tires. Tire management is very important in an endurance race. At this rate, you'll never be able to win ALMS if you stick to that strategy."

Henry: "I see. But that last turn... I was the latest victim. The same thing happened to Dmitri."

Takuma: "I can explain that. Elevated highways have these steel dividers to connect parts of the road. These are so slippery that even the grippiest of tires are no match.

10767226055_cd8a0f572f_c.jpg

Takuma: "Chances of spinning out due to that are just one in a million. If you tried to accelerate out from those dividers, then the car's wheels will spin wildly because of the slippery surface.

And I gotta admit, you are skilled. Persistence can pay off, but it just happened that I won by luck. If this battle lingers on further, then it would be impossible for both of us to control our cars."

Henry: "But really, you are an example of an ideal Le Mans racer. I will use this experience in my future races. I will take your advice to my heart. Thank you for giving me this wonderful battle. This country really has lots of interesting people. I'm really glad that I raced you."

So I guess this wraps it up. I hope the highways would return to their peaceful state...

Time: 7 am, the next day

10767225605_1fe026d49c_c.jpg

Samui: "Today is my day-off from work. I shall use this to test out this weapon against the Slashers..."

10767225235_ea0f4a915b_c.jpg

Samui: "All right, the brakes are really good, and coupled that with the car's 920 kg weight, I can brake later than the others. And the S2000 delivers more than I expected!"

10767500053_e63fb89a08_c.jpg

Samui: "I shall defend the hills. I shall teach those Slashers a lesson, and show to them how The Original does it!"

10767499443_cbba1e8a48_c.jpg

Samui: "Yuki "Samui" Kanonji... Remember that name well!"

End of Part 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I decided to make "Samui" as a nickname. Besides, I haven't yet seen a Japanese named after an adjective. "Yuki" means snow, and "Samui" means cold, so the latter being the nickname would compliment to the given name.

Back