The Sound of Speed

• Thread starter inferno
  • 4 comments
Ok, so allot of people complain about the sounds in GT4, especialy the engine sounds. Well heres a little video i put together showcasing some of the best sounding cars in GT4. Enjoy. :)

Nice to see this discussion hehe.

I'm one of those then. I like GT a lot, but the sound is one of the most whished improvement for my taste, far from the useless destrucion simulation.

In that video I didn't heard the Charger like a Charger, and I've chosen one of the most evident cars imo. The best japan cars like the Supra and Skyline sound pretty cool, artificial enough but less than the rest.

You can hear these real files and compare:

Alfa 156 V6 WTCC

Peugeot 406 WTCC

BMW 320 WTCC

For me, the best sound engine is from the SinBin Studios games. They use real recorded sounds direclty rather converted files. You can check that system playing Live for Speed with the CSR add-on to see how it works with a visual interface.

I don't have any taste to show, but my CSR sound sets are wilder than the previous ones, and way motivanting than any games I had played before.

PS. Even you can enjoy this selection of the best personal real sounds ever, specially the last vids.

http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?p=20566593#post20566593

Salu2.alexwrc

i'm one of those people too, they didn't even replicate the very simple sound of the transition of vtec engines that honda motors are very popular for. i have to agree with alex. i just hope gt5 would bring a lot of improvements in this department, maybe i can finally hear the rumble of a fully tuned EJ20 or a K series honda whaling at high rpms.

Alright, point taken, but i would like to point out that the Charger in the video has the 440, not a 426 hemi so naturaly it dosnt sound like a hemi. Also, in my opinion at least, all the cars in my video sound fairly good. some pretty darn good. With that in mind, I'm changing the theme of this thread. From this point i'm calling this video a testament to some of the best sounding cars in GT. the ones that they got right. Does anyone have any comments about the video it'self? I'm looking forward to aquiring a video capture card this coming christmas, and with any positive reaction, i'd like to make a second video. There are many more cars i would like to feature.

Back