The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

Canada
Canada
With the game now being out for a couple of weeks, I thought it'd be good to discuss the stuff we wish was better, and/or that we hope they improve upon post-release. This isn't so much for actual bugs, or stuff you want to see in the next game, as it is features and whatnot that you either want to see added, or made better in THIS game.

- Let Convoys create their own custom instances of the game world if they want, that gives them control over things like season. Obviously this would separate them off from people in the "main" server worlds, and you can still lock away things like the seasonal barn finds or the daily/weekly races and activities. I really like the idea of the live world in the game, but at the same time, if someone REALLY wants to escape winter for an evening, it'd be good for them to have the choice.

- More Multiplayer options and hoppers. Team Adventure isn't bad, but I'd like to see regular Online Adventure brought back. Simple hoppers for category-based racing would be good too, akin to FM7. Just run a series of races around the world, let people vote, and maybe even introduce highly voted user-created blueprints and routes for potential voting.

- Free-roam Rush shouldn't count as a point in Team Adventure. It should just be the thing that happens in between actual events - maybe give some bonus influence or whatever, to the team that "wins" it.

- Higher quality liveries. This isn't a problem in FM7, but it now has been in FH3 and 4. Is it just a bug? Is it a case of the Horizon games pushing the hardware so much more that they can't AFFORD the overhead required by sharper liveries? Have they ever given an answer for this? It's not a huge issue most of the time, but it seems like a stunning oversight for a game series that literally has an option to look at your cars up close and admire the models.

- Better design tools. Self-explanatory, and probably not coming until a next-gen mainline Forza game.

- Let people skip "cinematics", and the occasions where someone is blathering at length while they add new Drift Zone icons to your map, or whatever... and you're just sitting there, waiting for the game to give you control back. I don't mind the characters in the Horizon games, but they aren't interesting enough that I want to hear Jaimin compliment me for the 10th time on how I'm the greatest dude to ever live.

- Audio

Both engine samples as well as general sound and volume mixing. Even when you crank the engine slider to 10 and every other slider to 1, the sound of most of the cars are still drowned out by road noise and the radio. You can also barely hear opponent cars in a race or drivatars in free roam.

I forgot one:

- Make the servers more aggressive about actually filling up instances. I've been in "Horizon Life" instances with as many as 50 people, and as few as 9 people. Sometimes I've noticed my HL instance decline by over 30 people in a matter of 15 minutes, for whatever reason. And I've NEVER seen a server instance with a full 72 players in all my time playing.

There's only 2 things that have really bugged me apart from bugs.

- Lack of custom championships being an option. This one confuses me as they have them for seasonal events and the game seems like it's setup for their inclusion.

- Forzathon Live targets being static. I've mostly had decent turnouts for the ones I've taken part in, but a few have only had 4-5 other players and it's rather annoying that the goals for each level are the same no matter how many people are there.

There's only 2 things that have really bugged me apart from bugs.

- Lack of custom championships being an option. This one confuses me as they have them for seasonal events and the game seems like it's setup for their inclusion.

- Forzathon Live targets being static. I've mostly had decent turnouts for the ones I've taken part in, but a few have only had 4-5 other players and it's rather annoying that the goals for each level are the same no matter how many people are there.

My workaround for the Forzathon stuff, has been to arrive at the spot, and then switch to a new server until I find one with a bunch of people waiting for Forzathon too.

Not exactly an elegant solution, and one that could be "fixed" by actually having 72 players on a server more often, but it has worked for me.

one that could be "fixed" by actually having 72 players on a server more often, .

The problem is that even if they get to the point where there are 72 people on every server, there isn't a way to guarantee 12 are going to want to interrupt whatever they are doing in order to do a Live event.

The problem is that even if they get to the point where there are 72 people on every server, there isn't a way to guarantee 12 are going to want to interrupt whatever they are doing in order to do a Live event.

True, but I think the likelihood of it increases quite a bit, the more people you have on a server.

But yeah, dynamically changing the goals seems an obvious fix.

I forgot one:

- Make the servers more aggressive about actually filling up instances. I've been in "Horizon Life" instances with as many as 50 people, and as few as 9 people. Sometimes I've noticed my HL instance decline by over 30 people in a matter of 15 minutes, for whatever reason. And I've NEVER seen a server instance with a full 72 players in all my time playing.
You can blame the "declining over time" problem on the fact that you disconnect from the session upon starting an event on the map. Like, every time I start and finish a PvP event, it then whisks me off to another session with different people instead of the one where I first started the event in. Previous Horizon games never did this, and so by going for the ambitious 72 player count, I think PG may have left this unfinished and decided to finish the code later.

This is honestly my main problem with the game, btw. Along with the small notification that almost no one is going to notice while driving, it's why it's so difficult to get a co-op/PvP event going. =/

- Higher quality liveries. This isn't a problem in FM7, but it now has been in FH3 and 4. Is it just a bug? Is it a case of the Horizon games pushing the hardware so much more that they can't AFFORD the overhead required by sharper liveries? Have they ever given an answer for this? It's not a huge issue most of the time, but it seems like a stunning oversight for a game series that literally has an option to look at your cars up close and admire the models.

in FH3, for both Xbox One X users and PC users, I'm fairly certain I remember that liveries were for the most part clear and not at all fuzzy / pixelated at extreme close up ranges. however I remember reading somewhere that liveries are fuzzy / blurry on all systems, regardless of system power.

there's simply no excuse for the liveries being like this anymore, when GT Sport manages to make them clear and readable at close range, and this is on both standard PS4's, and PS4 Pros.

in FH3, for both Xbox One X users and PC users, I'm fairly certain I remember that liveries were for the most part clear and not at all fuzzy / pixelated at extreme close up ranges. however I remember reading somewhere that liveries are fuzzy / blurry on all systems, regardless of system power.

there's simply no excuse for the liveries being like this anymore, when GT Sport manages to make them clear and readable at close range, and this is on both standard PS4's, and PS4 Pros.

The weird thing, is that I believe they are fine in Forza Motorsport 7, so everyone just sort-of assumed FH3 was an anomalous bug. I'd just like an actual on-the-record answer for why they are the way they are in Horizon - is it a quirk of their modifications to the Forza engine? Is it a performance issue? Is it a bug?

I just don't understand it.

Last edited:
-Wheel offset. PLEASE. I want to be able to run Volk TE37s with some concave to them or add lips/offset to other wheels for that desired look. Those Fuchs lookalikes have waaaayy too much lip to them, preventing me from ever using them.

-Better/more bodykit variants. Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk. That's great and all but what about Veilside or RE Amemiya? What if I'm crazy and want to run a crazy Rieger widebody on my Golf or Scirocco? Christ, Payback has more and dare I say better options for fiddling with the look of your car.

-Better "designs" viewer. Did they make this for ants? The one in FH3 was better but Payback has one of the best. It actually shows up on your car and you can move your camera around it to really check out the livery in all it's glory.

Also just a little nitpick from me but when you run manual with clutch the AI takes FOREVER to actually change gear sometimes. Drove a Pontiac GTO Judge and they took so long to change gear I wonder if they got lost while doing it. Were you using a gearstick or one of those levers that open doors from the Temple of Doom?

-Better "designs" viewer. Did they make this for ants?
upload_2018-10-16_21-3-54.jpeg

Sorry lol I couldn’t resist.

There's a lot of cars that sound almost perfect, and a lot that don't.
Hopefully they fix the latter without wrecking the former.

- Audio

Both engine samples as well as general sound and volume mixing. Even when you crank the engine slider to 10 and every other slider to 1, the sound of most of the cars are still drowned out by road noise and the radio. You can also barely hear opponent cars in a race or drivatars in free roam.
Other cars engine's most likely fall under ambient noise. (I can't recall what FH calls it)

Other cars engine's most likely fall under ambient noise. (I can't recall what FH calls it)

Yeah I figured it's something like that. The other side of the problem is that the audio of other cars don't actually play until they're within a certain distance of you. It's a very jarring transition to go from all quiet to suddenly having engine sounds in a 5m bubble around your car.

Yeah I figured it's something like that. The other side of the problem is that the audio of other cars don't actually play until they're within a certain distance of you. It's a very jarring transition to go from all quiet to suddenly having engine sounds in a 5m bubble around your car.
I really like FM7 in this regard, I would like it like FM7.

Ranked Team Adventure is probably the worst implementation of ranked multiplayer in any game ever.
Everything about it is bad. Your rank is completely based on winning or losing as a team. Come first in all 3 races but your team loses all three races? You lose, your rank drops.

40 seconds isn't enough time to go through the car list because setting as a favorite doesn't put it in the front of the list. I don't understand all how the list is even organized other than completely randomly in PI order.

It takes an eternity to even get into a game.
You can't even accept from your house. If I queue a game, why can't I screw around in the AH or tuning or whatever in my house, without returning to freeroam to accept. Why do I have to be in freeroam.
And then, you figure, alright, I'll just grind some skill points while I wait, BUT NO, as soon as 12 people accept your skill points are lost like you slammed into a wall because that's how it works. WHAT?

And then you get to car select, and magically you find the car you want in time, and then..... oh someone else didn't. Not enough players.
Back to freeroam, take forever to find horizon life session, restart queue, take forever to find another match.

Once the stars align you end up in a game, starting 3rd on the grid! Looks good! Got your best dirt S900/road A800/Cross Country S2 998 (considering those PI's are the only three options and those race types are the only three race types, mix it up how you like) and then your teammates, and rivals, will smash you into whatever is available to smash you into in turn 1. If there's nothing to smash you into you're going to miss the checkpoint because someone has nudged you 12 feet over. It's usually your teammates.

Freeroam rush is kind of lame, but I don't hate it as much as everything else I've mentioned. Don't hit any trees and it's not so bad.

I don't know how anyone actually sat there and said "This is good, we should do this"

I'm rank 14 and have 7 hours or something in ranked. It's not like I haven't tried to make it work.

If they just ditched the team aspect I'd probably be content with it. It's just that major aspect of the game type that really ruins it.

Last edited:
It'd be nice if they gave Xbox owners the chance to remap their controller configuration like PC owners can so it wouldn't lead to embarrassing threads like this one.

Oh and improve the lame graphics of course :lol:

In seriousness you should be able to jump to any house you own for free without having to collect all the fast travel boards, or be able to pick tunes and paints for your vehicle while on the road.

I would also prefer it if once you had won an item on the wheelspin it was removed from further wheelspins unless you lose or sell it.

Add roof rack : There is no need to add it to all car. Let's add a roof rack to a car like Golf or Mini. It makes cars attractive and makes the photos more realistic.
Addition of FM7 rim: They added a wheels in FH3 update. Let's do the same thing with FH4.

I think the grindy Forzathon challenges need to be watered back down to FH3's level, and the weekly community events need to evolve beyond themed championships. It all sounded promising during the pre-release campaign, but the current pattern is getting stale after merely three seasons in.

I think the grindy Forzathon challenges need to be watered back down to FH3's level, and the weekly community events need to evolve beyond themed championships. It all sounded promising during the pre-release campaign, but the current pattern is getting stale after merely three seasons in.

The next 2 weeklies both have a "get X million skill points in Y car", so it looks like they're sticking to the formula.

PG probably looked at the telemetry and saw that players were getting the weekly challenges done in maybe all of 30 minutes in the first 2 weeks and so wanted to extend the engagement time; but it seems the only way they know how is through repetitive grind and glitches that erase your progress.

It'd be nice if they gave Xbox owners the chance to remap their controller configuration like PC owners can so it wouldn't lead to embarrassing threads like this one.
To expand on that a little - The layout I always used in FM with Manual w/ clutch doesn't have a change view button. Something like this would greatly help lol.

Last edited:
The next 2 weeklies both have a "get X million skill points in Y car", so it looks like they're sticking to the formula.

PG probably looked at the telemetry and saw that players were getting the weekly challenges done in maybe all of 30 minutes in the first 2 weeks and so wanted to extend the engagement time; but it seems the only way they know how is through repetitive grind and glitches that erase your progress.

I think it's uncharitable to assume that they are literally counting on a "glitch" to keep people playing.

I'd prefer if the weekly challenge just required you to do something difficult, instead of something that just takes a long time. Give people an X-class Peel P50, and tell them they have to make it down a winding mountain road within a certain time limit, and all four wheels can't leave the asphalt. I'd love it for the YouTube videos alone, of people trying to get an X-class P50 under control.

- The lack of upgrade variety with 450 cars in the game
> There's a dozen new offroad lift kits, great!
> But they're only available on SUVs​

> There's a whopping 2 new sets of tire compounds, great!
> But the "Vintage Race" tires are only available on certain cars and are identical in terms of PI and grip to "Street" tires
> Wait, they split offroad tires into "Offroad" and "Rally" so they can claim to have 4 new sets of tires!
> But they're also locked to specific vehicles and you're not given the ability to choose between them (would have been nice to have this choice on SUVs and trucks)​

Making even more spacers for cars or at least a better list because why would you need spacers on a 812 Ferrari why not a Nissan or a BMW???
I agree.
I think there are other cars that should be given priority over La Ferrari and 812.
It is a pity that many saloon and classic sports cars and vintage SUV don't have this option, for example, Land Rover Series 3 are offset like a train.
Land Rover is not a car of "stance" scene, but that miserable offset in off-road body kit is too ugly looking.

I agree.
I think there are other cars that should be given priority over La Ferrari and 812.
It is a pity that many saloon and classic sports cars and vintage SUV don't have this option, for example, Land Rover Series 3 are offset like a train.
Land Rover is not a car of "stance" scene, but that miserable offset in off-road body kit is too ugly looking.
I totally agree that's literally the only reason why I put the body kit on it

Right now I can only think of two:
1) Switching from static to dynamic Forzathon Live score targets that are based on group size, and
2) Removing (or at least giving credit payouts for) stuff you've already won in previous wheelspins and super wheelspins from subsequent spins

Soft terrain physics. I'm not expecting Mudrunner levels of stuff, but I feel like a supercar on race tries shouldn't be able to plough through the sand, mud, and snow with ease - especially with the bumper buried.

4WD on trucks. It works way to much like an AWD car and that shouldn't be the case.

Back