The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

That's how it should be, no? Try selling something people don't want in real life and you'll also have a hard time.

In real life there's other ways of getting a bit of cash out of your old, unwanted cars besides auctioning them.

In game terms, it'd boil down to selling your unwanted duplicates back to the Autoshow for cheap (or after a wheelspin). I don't know why PG removed this feature when people had no problems with it coexisting with the auction house in FM7 (or FH3 in the case of selling back wheelspin duplicates).

Last edited:
In real life there's other ways of getting a bit of cash out of your old, unwanted cars besides auctioning them.

In game terms, it'd boil down to selling your unwanted duplicates back to the Autoshow for cheap (or after a wheelspin). I don't know why PG removed this feature when people had no problems with it coexisting with the auction house in FM7 (or FH3 in the case of selling back wheelspin duplicates).
Maybe they're trying to bump AH usage?
Maybe because of people like me that just ignore it completely?
Granted, I ignore it because the cars I want are stupidly overpriced, and other cars have(or had) car mastery bits used up, neither of which I want any part of.

Maybe they're trying to bump AH usage?
Maybe because of people like me that just ignore it completely?
Granted, I ignore it because the cars I want are stupidly overpriced, and other cars have(or had) car mastery bits used up, neither of which I want any part of.

Car mastery really should reset when you auction a car, or give players the option to reset a car mastery for X skill points or something.

Car mastery really should reset when you auction a car, or give players the option to reset a car mastery for X skill points or something.
Or show in the auction if the car has any used perks or not. Or make it so the perks reset for a first-time owner of that instance of the car. That way it can't be abused by repeatedly reselling between the same people.

Something should be done. The current system is not good enough. I don't want to spend millions just to find out the perks are used.

I really hope they remove all the unnecessary shaking that happens using the hood view. Unfortunately all the shaking using all but chase cam make these views kinda undrivable.

I wish the AI would show up in something other than Focuses and Audi TTs 95% of the time:

Yr5It78.jpg

- Audio

Both engine samples as well as general sound and volume mixing. Even when you crank the engine slider to 10 and every other slider to 1, the sound of most of the cars are still drowned out by road noise and the radio. You can also barely hear opponent cars in a race or drivatars in free roam.

THIS!

The game badly needs a remixing on the car audio along with fixing wrong car notes/sample sharing. They made the same boo boo as FM7.

Honestly, car customization is pretty lame. Too many same-y wings and hoods with no real imagination. Like, look at all the "visual mods" for muscle cars, they all have essentially the same options. So many other cars just get a "Forza splitter" and "Forza wing" as opposed to, say, something made by the OEM or tuning companies or race teams or created by the devs. When it comes to proper modifications, again, real parts. Tubi exhausts, Lingenfelter throttle bodies, and so on. In a perfect world, going to the Autoshow and buying a car would be like going online and configuring a car IRL. Choose the paint, trim, engine, interior, stereo, everything. Then you get into the fun stuff. That's my dream!

I'd like a mastery display in the 'my cars' view so you can at least see the progression per car without having to load the car then dig through menus, ideally they'd actually show you the grid though. I guess it's meant to be a bit more casual than what I'm doing but when they've got money tied up in some cars there is a big incentive to go searching... I've found 1.8M credits in unclaimed mastery bonuses in my legendary cars alone.

THIS!

The game badly needs a remixing on the car audio along with fixing wrong car notes/sample sharing. They made the same boo boo as FM7.

Honestly, the single biggest issue with the engine sounds in the game is that they're just too quiet. The wrong samples aside, if they just mixed the engines louder or more forward in the soundscape, it'll stop most of the "the engine sounds are trash" complaints. Raising the volume is the easiest way to enhance perceived audio quality.

Right now, it just feels wrong that the music can almost completely drown out the sound of the cars in chase cam even when the radio slider is set to 1. Timeless is probably the worst because classicals get loud.

And before any "just get better speakers," I can safely say that I have an equal, if not better, nearfield setup to most recording studios. So no, that's not the limiting factor here.

Honestly, the single biggest issue with the engine sounds in the game is that they're just too quiet. The wrong samples aside, if they just mixed the engines louder or more forward in the soundscape, it'll stop most of the "the engine sounds are trash" complaints. Raising the volume is the easiest way to enhance perceived audio quality.

Right now, it just feels wrong that the music can almost completely drown out the sound of the cars in chase cam even when the radio slider is set to 1. Timeless is probably the worst because classicals get loud.

And before any "just get better speakers," I can safely say that I have an equal, if not better, nearfield setup to most recording studios. So no, that's not the limiting factor here.
It sounds like.....you might need better speakers. :P

But it does sound like a gross exaggeration. I keep the radio at 7 to keep them level-ish. The music is semi drowned out though, at 1 I can barely hear it.
I can tell you car sounds work best with high bass settings, not that your setup isn't already on a bass setting.
If I use something like "natural plus" a LOT of engine sound goes away.

But it does sound like a gross exaggeration. I keep the radio at 7 to keep them level-ish. The music is semi drowned out though, at 1 I can barely hear it.

For me, it's more the positioning of the sounds as well as the volume mixing. The radio is mixed to sound like it's playing right next to my ears while the car is deeper "into the screen" if that makes sense. The car sounds much farther away while the music is up close, which makes it a lot harder to hear the car at a normal listening volume.

I don't fancy playing without music, but I wish the 1-10 scale made a more pronounced difference.

I can tell you car sounds work best with high bass settings, not that your setup isn't already on a bass setting.
If I use something like "natural plus" a LOT of engine sound goes away.

I can already feel the thump of menu sound effects through my chest as is. Any more bass and I'll fear for my eardrums. :P

But you're right. The cars can definitely do with more bass across the board.

Main idea is great, they just need to implement mechanic from Stunt driver that teleport you back to the road after 10sec of constant offroading.

Needs to be way harsher than 10 seconds if you play the Ford story in the British Racing Green series and finish it up in under 20 seconds by just skipping the intended route.

For me the biggest issue is the lacklustre PvP i.e. team adventure. I can live with many other problems but the list of things which ruin online for me are:
Wall riding - Should never yield advantage
Ramming - Needs a punishment
Free roam rush - Just a terrible mode that shouldn't be scored, especially in something like S2 road cars. 2WD cars are horribly imbalanced here where they can at least compete on road races
Lack of choice - No solo modes, no choice on event type, no B class or lower. I can understand not giving full choice to keep playlists active, but a simple road/off-road playlist and rotated B-S2 would be great. I'd take C class but I know others may not.

The one thing I really hope that they improve on is the route creator. Don't get me wrong; it's a pretty good start, but good lord is it lacking in content. PG should take a page out of Rockstar's book, and borrow some ideas from GTA Online's race creator. Obviously I'm not expecting tubes and loop-de-loops, but being able to play some ramps would be great. Maybe put some of them barriers that have the people behind them cheering you on like you see in a lot of events on this game.

Also for the love of God, PLEASE add the ability to remove checkpoints. Not all of us play with rewind enabled, making it impossible to remove checkpoint without completely starting over.

Again, it's a really good foundation, and it does its job pretty well, but there are a lot of areas that need improvement.

Needs to be way harsher than 10 seconds if you play the Ford story in the British Racing Green series and finish it up in under 20 seconds by just skipping the intended route.

For me the biggest issue is the lacklustre PvP i.e. team adventure. I can live with many other problems but the list of things which ruin online for me are:
Wall riding - Should never yield advantage
Ramming - Needs a punishment
Free roam rush - Just a terrible mode that shouldn't be scored, especially in something like S2 road cars. 2WD cars are horribly imbalanced here where they can at least compete on road races
Lack of choice - No solo modes, no choice on event type, no B class or lower. I can understand not giving full choice to keep playlists active, but a simple road/off-road playlist and rotated B-S2 would be great. I'd take C class but I know others may not.

On the bright side, I suspect adding more multiplayer modes and hoppers to the game is a virtual guarantee, if for no other reason than they were in the game before. It being one of the most popular complaints about the game also probably helps. I'll bet it ends up being one of those monthly "big" updates. Hopefully the November one...?

Free roam rush is fine, as far as just being a silly activity between events. But as a scored event like the others, it's an abomination. For starters, if you're in a road race series, then it gives a massive advantage to anyone who picked a foolish off-road vehicle for the races, because they can just plow across the countryside much easier than your Ferrari. And so much of it is just blind luck if you go off-road - if you don't go headlong into a tree, then you win.

I'd sooner they got rid of it altogether and just teleported people to the next race. But if they kept it in, just give the winners some credits, or a regular wheelspin or something for a reward - not an actual point towards winning the entire thing.

I just wish they'd cut down on some of the faff between multiplayer races in general. Timers and loading screens and cameras panning around my car and staring at grid lineups. I'm sure most of it is just masking the game loading things, but man it can occasionally be a bit much.

And yeah, add the FM7 physics for wall riding, where just glancing a wall affects your momentum, so noobs actually try to turn through corners.

I can't keep the volume all the way up because some cars will seriously threaten to cause me hearing damage. But then again, I also keep the radio turned off...

I had a glitch last night, an attempted drag race at the festival loaded one of my created courses, and I raced my course alone vs the AI driving a 1/4 mile.
I lost. :lol:

13k payout though...

Was doing the first race in the (bugged) co-op seasonal event with some mates, one of them got stuck doing Don Joewong Song's Gymkhana route instead... This game doesn't really have many bugs, but all of them are absolutely hilarious (until they start to become an annoyance). :lol:

Free roam rush is fine, as far as just being a silly activity between events. But as a scored event like the others, it's an abomination. For starters, if you're in a road race series, then it gives a massive advantage to anyone who picked a foolish off-road vehicle for the races, because they can just plow across the countryside much easier than your Ferrari.

But that's what's cool about it! It encourages cooperation between players, and pushes towards more eclectic car choices instead of every player picking the car that is best suited to the surface du jours. Sure, on race 1 we may have a lot of highway and your Ferrari may be so much better than my 037, but then on the transfer I can cut in the woods, and race 2 is a level playing field with a mix of high-speed sections and some very technical corners that I can take sideways like a proper Group B maniac.

And those terribly silly, Nascar-V8 swapped, 430kph Colorados that were always a thing in Forza now have their chance to shine bright, too, which is not a bad thing IMHO.

Last edited:
I like the freeroam sprints because sometimes the road is faster too.

Of course the best car type for adventures is a good sportscar with an offroad setup, because it can be competitive at anything.

They should definitely have drivetrain specific adventures too.

Another annoyance (though by no means a game-breaking glitch) that I feel needs addressing: Not being able to turn right around and run through a drift zone* the other way. You have to wait for the whole how-you-compare-to-your-friends and how-many-more-points-you-need-for-another-star messages rigmarole to finish before the zone will activate again. I don't have to wait for skill points to stop tallying up or the game to tell me I've earned a wheelspin before I can start a new skills combo, so why can't drift zones behave the same way?

*I assume speed traps and speed zones behave the same way, but why would you pull a 180 right away and not get a running start for those?

Another annoyance (though by no means a game-breaking glitch) that I feel needs addressing: Not being able to turn right around and run through a drift zone* the other way. You have to wait for the whole how-you-compare-to-your-friends and how-many-more-points-you-need-for-another-star messages rigmarole to finish before the zone will activate again. I don't have to wait for skill points to stop tallying up or the game to tell me I've earned a wheelspin before I can start a new skills combo, so why can't drift zones behave the same way?

*I assume speed traps and speed zones behave the same way, but why would you pull a 180 right away and not get a running start for those?

That does my head in as well, it was the same in FH3

-car sound
-drivatars morphing through fences and stone walls when they are a bit ahead, absolutely kills cross country races

Simple:

1. Fix the audio lag, I lose sound of a car sound just lingers. It's a bit annoying.
2. Do something about the starting grids in the races, it's tiring to see the same car pop-up several times in a ROW. I.E. The million Ford RS200s that appear in a "rally monsters" race.
3. Do something about the recommended liveries section so I don't see the same, generic nonsense all of the time.

Probably not necessary as it's probably a network code issue, but after discovering this, a region selector would be nice.

The ability to turn off the stupid time cycling rubbish, I`m just doing a drift event backwards and forwards trying to gold star it, only for about 5-10 mins and has gone from nice sunny daylight to pitch black, absolute rubbish.. please let us set what time of day we want...

The ability to turn off the stupid time cycling rubbish, I`m just doing a drift event backwards and forwards trying to gold star it, only for about 5-10 mins and has gone from nice sunny daylight to pitch black, absolute rubbish.. please let us set what time of day we want...
Maybe for Solo that could work. Or, add Bucket List blueprints so you can do the zone at a locked time/season.

I wish I could just pick a car, pick a track and do a solo run. I usually like to do time trials in these games and it is just not possible to do as far as I can tell.

I wish I could just pick a car, pick a track and do a solo run. I usually like to do time trials in these games and it is just not possible to do as far as I can tell.
You can try rivals. Pick the car and track, then pick a rival from the top of the leaderboard. Then you can lap and lap and lap (as long as it's a circuit race, of course) to your heart's content without having to deal with other cars.

You can try rivals. Pick the car and track, then pick a rival from the top of the leaderboard. Then you can lap and lap and lap (as long as it's a circuit race, of course) to your heart's content without having to deal with other cars.

That's what I used to do in FH3. Maybe I didn't try hard enough when I tried earlier

Back