The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

...Switching from static to dynamic Forzathon Live score targets that are based on group size...
Come to think of it, this wouldn't be such a big deal if the game didn't randomly decide to boot you from a room with like 8 players to just 3 (including you) during loading for the first challenge.

Why yes, that did happen to me just now.

Yes, we did lose on the third challenge.

Yes, I am 🤬 as 🤬 about it.

Yes, I am 🤬 as 🤬 about it.

It's only 20 points, you'll be OK, but you're right in that it shouldn't happen.

Allow us to downgrade the tires on certain cars.

I half agree and half disagree with this. On one hand, I would like to be able to de-tune cars that are a hair over a certain class in stock form because I don't like how the cars converge performance-wise as you go up in class so it would be good to just take a small step backwards instead of a big step forwards to be competitive in any class.

On the other hand, I could be convinced they've done this for balance reasons, I feel like the simulation of the cars has been fudged somewhat and instead of giving the cars actual values for mass, traction, aero, etc. then letting the game work out how they should drive, they instead have preconfigured settings for each car that might end up being broken if you could downgrade them.

Then again with everything else being the way it is, it's much more likely that someone made a snap decision during the development of FH1 and they haven't had time to question it since because of the rate at which they've been cranking out new games.

It's only 20 points, you'll be OK, but you're right in that it shouldn't happen.

I half agree and half disagree with this. On one hand, I would like to be able to de-tune cars that are a hair over a certain class in stock form because I don't like how the cars converge performance-wise as you go up in class so it would be good to just take a small step backwards instead of a big step forwards to be competitive in any class.

On the other hand, I could be convinced they've done this for balance reasons, I feel like the simulation of the cars has been fudged somewhat and instead of giving the cars actual values for mass, traction, aero, etc. then letting the game work out how they should drive, they instead have preconfigured settings for each car that might end up being broken if you could downgrade them.

Then again with everything else being the way it is, it's much more likely that someone made a snap decision during the development of FH1 and they haven't had time to question it since because of the rate at which they've been cranking out new games.
There are some engine swaps you can do that can "detune" a car. Like The Hooningan RS200, for example. The is a swap that will drop it far into S1 with no issues.

There are some engine swaps you can do that can "detune" a car. Like The Hooningan RS200, for example. The is a swap that will drop it far into S1 with no issues.

Yeah, but something that could be applied to all cars would be good.

Another thing I've thought for a while is that FH4 could take inspiration from Burnout Paradise and have session leaderboards, so you can see who has the best scores in all the PR stunts just within the session. Being able to take your convoy to a PR stunt to set up a mini-competition would be good too, as well as a method of notifying you when your position in your club's leaderboard has changed and a method of seeing your positions all in one place instead of having to go around the map to manually check, all this stuff would give PR stunts a whole new purpose and extend the late-game play after you've completed all the events.

Wheelspins with a smaller chance of receiving duplicate cars. The more my collection grows, the more time I spend getting rid of duplicates. It's the only aspect of the game that feels like a genuine chore.

Agreed. Or have duplicates, but have it give you a prompt when you receive one, asking if you want to sell it for credits (maybe half-retail price?).

I've gone through my garage several times, dumping duplicates on the AH. If they don't sell after two trips through the AH, I just bin them (unless they are valuable cars, obviously).

Forza horizon really, really, really reaaaaaaalllllllly needs an update to the replay mechanics. The cameras are the same as the cameras from Forza Motorsports ONE, but without the benefit of stationary cameras. Yeah, I get that it's not simple because its a dynamic world, but open world driving games going back to Driver 2 from 19 years ago had solutions for that, not to mention the pretty good dynamic cinematic cameras from GTA V. I keep waiting for this to be fixed, because the replays are unwatchable as they are.

Not to mention it lost a few angles available on Horizon 2.

I really wish the replay feature on rewind could go further back though, because as it stands you need to be in a proper race to get a decent amount of replay, which sucks for editing videos.

Back