The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
OK guys, here is the time table for tomorrow.

Lobby Entry Times

12:30:00 - CONCRETE_CLIMAX

12:35:00 - Restolho_Team

12:40:00 - Fang-it_Racing

12:45:00 - Gothic_Rcng_Empr

12:50:00 - JakeDog23

12:55:00 - BionicDerp

13:00:00 - weescotman

13:05:00 - GTP_Caine

13:10:00 - tenderly90

13:15:00 - cmbeal317

13:20:00 - aboe_83

Warm Up

13:25:00 - Track Open for installation laps only (i.e. no flying laps)

13:45:00 - Track Closed

Parade Lap Procedure

13:49:59 - Race Lobby settings loaded

13:50:01 - Course Car leaves pits at 50mph/80kph

13:51:00 - All cars to load to Pit Lane and hold in their Box

Pit Exit Time Slots

13:53:00 - CONCRETE_CLIMAX

13:53:10 - GTP_NEMO

13:53:20 - aboe_83

13:53:30 - zii1993

13:53:40 - Fang-it_Racing

13:53:50 - cmbeal317

13:54:00 - Restolho_Team

13:54:10 - BionicDerp

13:54:20 - weescotman

13:54:30 - Gothic_Rcng_Empr

13:54:40 - tenderly90

13:54:50 - GTP_Caine

Race Start Procedure

13:59:45 - (estimated) Course Car enters pits

13:59:55 - (estimated) Cars that have sustained damage during parade lap enter pits

14:00:00 - Green Flag (no overtaking before the line)

Last edited:
OK guys. there has been a change to the time that will needs to join the lobby. I have highlighted the amended time. All the other times are in UTC. I have only adjusted Wills time to BST.

Th race is now on the news page of GTPlanet, with links to the live stream. I will also post the links in here once the stream starts.

13:24:00 - Lobby Open
13:25:00 - Media Team joins lobby

Lobby Entry Times
13:30:00 - CONCRETE_CLIMAX

13:35:00 - Restolho_Team

13:40:00 - Fang-it_Racing

13:45:00 - Gothic_Rcng_Empr

13:55:00 - GTP_Caine

14:00:00 - JakeDog23

14:05:00 - BionicDerp

13:10:00 - weescotman

14:15:00 - tenderly90

14:20:00 - cmbeal317

14:25:00 - aboe_83

Warm Up
14:25:00 - Track Open for installation laps only (i.e. no flying laps)

14:45:00 - Track Closed

Parade Lap Procedure

14:49:59 - Race Lobby settings loaded

14:50:01 - Course Car leaves pits at 50mph/80kph

14:51:00 - All cars to load to Pit Lane and hold in their Box

Pit Exit Time Slots
14:53:00 - CONCRETE_CLIMAX

14:53:10 - GTP_NEMO

14:53:20 - aboe_83

14:53:30 - zii1993

14:53:40 - Fang-it_Racing

14:53:50 - cmbeal317

14:54:00 - Restolho_Team

14:54:10 - BionicDerp

13:54:20 - weescotman

14:54:30 - Gothic_Rcng_Empr

14:54:40 - tenderly90

14:54:50 - GTP_Caine

Race Start Procedure
14:59:45 - (estimated) Course Car enters pits

14:59:55 - (estimated) Cars that have sustained damage during parade lap enter pits

15:00:00 - Green Flag (no overtaking before the line)

Sorry couldn't get on track to help. Threads not alerting me neither.

Superb stuff guys, I'm going to start watching in a bit and cheering you on all the way. What media can I interact with to support?

Might have a go on the Ferris wheel and some candy floss, but you'll still be able to hear me!

Good luck Lotus GT Club. Bring home the class win, and hopefully an above weight overall standing!

What happened? ADE was doing pace car, then people DCed. Once back in, it seemed a free for all?

Major lag!

Go will! Great draft off the matmut mate!

Last edited:
Well guys that was absolutely awesome. Racers, you did me proud. What a buzz. I have gone through the stint pictures and make our final tally of laps 337. Mental. I have sent these to AJ. Hopefully it wont be too long before we get the results. Whatever the results are, I am so glad we did this. You all have my respect. It was also great to see other Sunday Cuppers giving encouragement on the live stream threads. Once again guys, thanks for all your hard work, you all deserve a medal. Massive thanks to everyone else who helped us achieve this. You all played a big part, and we couldnt have done it without you.

Race you all soon.

EAT, SLEEP, RACE, REPEAT--------DONE!

Awesomeness personified would be the word I would use to describe what
@GTP_ADE
@J Daniels
@theewar
@Dowlin39
@weescotman
Have achieved.
I've said it before. The Sunday Cup is something special, and I take great pride in being a part of it.
It's champagne time for you five. 👍👍👍:cheers::bowdown:

On to the next Sunday Cup event.....

1405163061472.jpg

Silverstone buddy!!! See you on the 27th:tup:

Just wanted to say it again guys. What an awesome weekend. Im still on LeMans comedown. I got matches under my eyes, and still feel a bit boxed, and I wasnt even racing. @weescotman , @theewar , @Dowlin39 , @J Daniels . I take my hat off to you guys. Everyone else who helped in this also played a key part in making this possible. It was great to see the encouraging words and support on the live stream threads, and in the FB chat box we had going. I dont think any of the other teams had the same level of support. Anyway, time for me to get my thinking cap on. EAT, SLEEP, RACE, REPEAT......DONE!.................Whats next????????

V

Hey guys, it was great getting introduced to each of you that participated in the 24hrs. You guys were lethal on that track with your Lotus :-) and it was nice to see you guys Bring that fight to both Mercedes teams. I wish we could have gave you some competition from the BMW team, but that was the first endurance race each of my team members including myself participated in.

You guys were smashingly awesome. I want to thank you Ade (dam phone autocorrect) for running that live stream. It helped out a ton. I hope next year you guys return with your Lotus. I also hope AJ will let me field another light weight surprise to give you guys some competition :-).

Hey guys, it was great getting introduced to each of you that participated in the 24hrs. You guys were lethal on that track with your Lotus :-) and it was nice to see you guys Bring that fight to both Mercedes teams. I wish we could have gave you some competition from the BMW team, but that was the first endurance race each of my team members including myself participated in.

You guys were smashingly awesome. I want to thank you Ade (dam phone autocorrect) for running that live stream. It helped out a ton. I hope next year you guys return with your Lotus. I also hope AJ will let me field another light weight surprise to give you guys some competition :-).

That is awesome. Thank you Miata. What an event. We all loved every minute of it. It was our first endurance event aswell. Its so nice of you to come into our thread and post such a nice positive comment. We will be back next year for sure. Look forward to any other racing we can come up with in the meantime. AWESOME.

That is awesome. Thank you Miata. What an event. We all loved every minute of it. Its so nice of you to come into our thread and post such a nice positive comment. We will be back next year for sure. Look forward to any other racing we can come up with in the meantime. AWESOME.
There is a hint that a possible 24 hours of Spa might be in the works ;-).

Trust me, if it was not for my schedule I would love to throw down on Sundays with you guys :-)

Still no results? AGGGHHHH it's driving me mental, (shhh! Warren) and add me maita13b, there are some of us online thru the week so you'll get one of us to run with. And as for next year, we'll be there again, but even better than this year, ;-)

Anyone who's going, pm me your mobile number, and we can arrange where to meet on the day.

Shouldn't be too long until we get the weekends results now. I know that AJ had a lot of info to go through to get the lap counts correct. From running the Sunday Cup, I can understand it takes time, and he had 40 racers stint pics to go through. From the communication I have had with him, he is being very thorough.

24 HEURES DU MANS POST RACE REPORT.

OK guys, this report is a bit later than I expected it to be, but this event was so big, it was always going to take a bit of time.

LM24post.png

We entered a team into this after running a 2 hour endurance race on the eve of Lemans. The chosen drivers were all asked if they could commit. They did.

This was the biggest event I have ever had any part of. I know I wasnt racing myself, but it was like doing 3 seasons of Sunday Cup in one weekend.

After all the racers
committed, we started a 4 week long practice programme, which wasnt easy, as the regs kept changing. But we always adapted. After weeks of running laps, and endless help from many in this group, we were ready.

Thursday 10th July. Qualification.

Nervous evening as each racer left my lobby to go to quali in AJs lounge. But everyone came back in, and the next day the times were posted. Lotus were first in the class. The 24 hr page was in shock.

PQ.png

However, a late entry on Friday was accepted, so we knew we had another team to beat on the day.

RACE DAY

My nerves were in tatters, as I entered AJs lobby. I had to run the pace car. Unfortunately this fell over with a mass DC during the pace lap. After that it was a bit of a free for all, as the green light to race was given. We got the rough end of the stick, but there were 24 hours of racing left to go. Sunday Cup racers held their own, in our little Elise, and we bought the fight to the other teams in our class.

Our pit stops went like clockwork, as the communication we had on the facebook chat box worked like magic. One out, one in. Over the course of the 24, we managed 9 driver stint changes. But 30 minutes into Dowlins 1st stint, we had a failure. Dowlin DCd, and we lost valuable data. He managed to rejoin straight away, but we didnt have any proof of his completed laps, other than the fact that he had been on track for 30 minutes. Our final lap count, excluding the laps Dowlin had done in the 30 was 328.

weescotman

SoKaGT-Racing

theewar

theewar

Dowlin39

XXX.... 7 laps DCd

theewar

weescotman

SoKaGT-Racing

Dowlin39

theewar

Total 228 laps

POST RACE.

After the chequered flag, it was time to send the stint pics in. There were no gaps in our time, apart from the lost 30 mins. AJ had a formula for DCs, and we were awarded 4 laps for the DC. This gave us a total of 332 laps, and a completion time of 24:02:35.265. Made 4 racing had completed 335 laps, for 1st in class, and Gothic Racing Empire had completed 332 for 2nd in class, 18 seconds ahead of our team.

Yesterday we were all bitterly dissapointed, but after chatting with Will, and Warren last night, elation returned. We had done it. We never went in to this to win, but we set our stamp, and gave the competitors a real run for their money over 24 real hours. We came 3rd in class, but only by 18 seconds. Absolutely amazing, considering the competition. The winners of our class were only 3 laps ahead, and had we not DCd, the result may have placed us at the top. But this is online virtual motor racing, and DCs must be treated as mechanical failure.

LIVE STREAM

I was only meant to run the live timing stream, but after the restart I had to change to live racing. That was awesome, and my total visits by viewers to my twitch channel was over 1500 over the course of the race. It was awesome seeing all the support for us in both my stream, and wardez.

SUMMARY

We went into his as the underdogs, and came out with our heads held high. We are now a endurance force to be reckoned with.

results.PNG

stint.PNG

Finally, many thanks to all involved in this superb team effort. Special thanks to sholesy for the team pics, and everyone else who helped with practice, and gave support during the race. Thanks to the organizers, and all other teams.

More special thanks to Cobani, for creating the Pic of The Day.

Circuit-de-la-Sarthe-2013_HD-better (1).JPG

Finally, to Lotus, and The Lotus Forums, for their full support of us.

fb.PNG

TLF.PNG

Last edited:
I might be out of order posting in this thread without being a member but I'd like to thank you all for a great 24 hour race, you guys got some massive pace out of that lotus and gave us far more of a fight than we expected when the early speccing was done.

It's unbelievable how small a margin there was between us after such a long race including disconnections from both teams. I actually had no idea how close it was when my last stint started 30 min from the end when I came out behind your car, but I still gave it my all to catch and pass and actually set our fastest laps of the race in the last few laps. One mistake during that mad chase and you would have taken second place.

Fantastic race and hope to see you in future endurance races.

/Niko from GORE

Back