The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,872 views
... Now I expect some great pictures from Cobani and maybe some video from Dowlin to cheer me up:)

:lol:

I'm hoping to have some up tomorrow evening. I have you in my track name feature photo. My plan is to get one picture of each track name with a single drivers car in it. This will hopefully fill your picture void until the photoking puts his up

Thanks for the pressure :lol: To be honest I had a pretty lonely race. I have not yet taking all the pictures ... I'm actually stil on the first lap in the first corner. :ouch: :lol:
Can't wait to see the contributions that make this a great thread to follow.

Great job on the graphics Ade!
 
Thake your time Cobani:sly:

I predict 2 stops on next race, maybe even more now with more power and soft tires.Transformation must be great...This track usually eat tyres fast
 
Cobani
Thanks for the pressure :lol: To be honest I had a pretty lonely race. I have not yet taking all the pictures ... I'm actually stil on the first lap in the first corner. :ouch: :lol:
Can't wait to see the contributions that make this a great thread to follow.

Great job on the graphics Ade!

No pressure intended 👍 that first corner was carnage :ouch:
 
that first corner was carnage :ouch:

It sure was. I have just been watching the replay of that again from various points of view, and it seems there were quite a few casualties, some loosing out a lot more than others. The first turn at Twin ring is very tricky, being very tight and downhill, with a lot of cars. I know that in the practice sessions we all got round it most of the time without incident, but there were not as many on the track. Therefore I am going to do extra practice sessions for the next race. I really do think that these practice races benefit everyone who attends, as you get on track experience of the next race, and know what to expect. Of course these practices are not compulsory, but they do make for a better race day experience by getting used to the track with other drivers present. So to give everyone more of an opportunity to attend these practices there will be an extra session this Friday at 8.00pm, as well as Saturday and Sunday. With the new upgrades this car has begun its evolution, and it feels great at Autumn Ring.👍👍👍
 
I have pictures for you all, I hope you enjoy them:nervous:

I'm going to try and caption as many as I can so I apologize if I get the details slightly wrong

14 Evoras line up at Hiyama Motegi
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_1_zps57cd2a71.jpg

1st corner doesn't go well for Jammy
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_2_zps9a0717ce.jpg

Is GC pushing a bad position with goodwolf? Answers on a postcard.
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_3_zps99e17953.jpg

Rear markers
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_4_zps5bdda751.jpg

Hancock playing follow the leader
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_5_zps01c3fb57.jpg

Ade getting out of shape in the esses
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_6_zpsf3680a8a.jpg
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_7_zps9da02c48.jpg
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_9_zps2e2b61c9.jpg
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_10_zpsd2ecef46.jpg
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_11_zpsb328abf1.jpg

Third spinning out whilst Goodwolf looks on, looks like someone's been here before.
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_13_zpsac6e87cf.jpg

Dan Starting his lapping
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_14_zps7c74ee3f.jpg

Third and Cobrius Out of Turn 10
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_15_zps6a996d5f.jpg

A line for the chicane
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_16_zps8fbe3ada.jpg

Dowlin moving aside for the leaders
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_17_zps825742f6.jpg

Happysilvia
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_18_zps6cb8b1de.jpg

Petros
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_19_zps02a59e80.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_20_zps520f5fdc.jpg

Dan playing dirty
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_21_zps26b819e6.jpg

Hancock on the descent
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_22_zpsd537b5db.jpg

The yellow wheel pack
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_23_zps051f13a2.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_24_zps2f010fed.jpg

Spinning out, again!
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_25_zps92e1cd50.jpg

Proof Dan is human. With a nudge from Cobrius.
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_26_zpsc1ae92f0.jpg

Whilst Hancock looks on
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_27_zps0d39873e.jpg

Goodwolf has Ade to chase
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_28_zps78330a6a.jpg
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_30_zps0220800d.jpg

Dayglo
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_31_zps098e142a.jpg

The white wheel pack
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_32_zps7ad5d61b.jpg

The winning overtake
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_34_zps3ab27586.jpg

My race described in one picture S.O.S.O(sick of spinning out)
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_35_zpsf0dc9abf.jpg
 
I have pictures for you all, I hope you enjoy them:nervous:

Yes I did CTR! Thanks for the pictures and for the inspiration one of your pictures gave me. 👍

It sure was. I have just been watching the replay of that again from various points of view, and it seems there were quite a few casualties, some loosing out a lot more than others. The first turn at Twin ring is very tricky, being very tight and downhill, with a lot of cars. I know that in the practice sessions we all got round it most of the time without incident, but there were not as many on the track. Therefore I am going to do extra practice sessions for the next race. I really do think that these practice races benefit everyone who attends, as you get on track experience of the next race, and know what to expect. Of course these practices are not compulsory, but they do make for a better race day experience by getting used to the track with other drivers present. So to give everyone more of an opportunity to attend these practices there will be an extra session this Friday at 8.00pm, as well as Saturday and Sunday. With the new upgrades this car has begun its evolution, and it feels great at Autumn Ring.👍👍👍
 
Cobani
Yes I did CTR! Thanks for the pictures and for the inspiration one of your pictures gave me. 👍

Thankyou. I'm taking this as high praise from the master. Though I'm curious as to which picture I took that inspired you. As always I'm eagerly awaiting what you have to offer now.
 
Great pics Gary. 👍 Also looking forward to seeing what Bo comes up with. :)
 
Great pics Gary, really enjoyed all of them. I will try to get some done tonight if I get the time.👍👍👍👍

Meanwhile take a look at this film ad, not my cup of tea, but worth watching for the chrome Evora's a la Third Reign at 52 seconds in. Im sure they didnt leave work like that:sly::confused:👍

​
 
Meanwhile take a look at this film ad, not my cup of tea, but worth watching for the chrome Evora's a la Third Reign at 52 seconds in. Im sure they didnt leave work like that:sly::confused:👍

Pfff...I should file a copyright lawsuit!

Obviously I went for McLaren F1 colors thought
 
On Sunday night I was very bad behind the wheel. Had too many mistakes and couldn't get the pace. I did good in quali with 29.9, just 0.3 off my PB.

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_5.jpg

Start was good as well and I enjoyed short fight with Petros.

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_4.jpg

In the second chicane I was right behind him preparing for attack on the straight, but I lost the rear end and ended up in the gravel.

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_3.jpg

After that it all went bad for me. Pace wasn't that good and I started having problems with understeer in the last turn. I don't know how but I lost the line through there completely.

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_2.jpg

I was pretty much alone in the second part of the race trying to catch Third. It never happened because I made two spins and got lost in the grass.

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse.jpg
 
On Sunday night I was very bad behind the wheel. Had too many mistakes and couldn't get the pace. I did good in quali with 29.9, just 0.3 off my PB.

Great pics Goodwolf. I too found Motegi hard work and couldnt replicate the 29.9 I managed in practice. There are some tricky turns at Motegi to get right every time, especially on the hard tyre. The good news is that the grip is up for race 3, and also the power. I have tried the car with the upgrades at Autumn Ring and it feels totally different, even with the same set up. Best I have managed there so far is a 20.191, but there is loads more to come off:tup:👍👍
 
Some nice pictures Goodwolf. I can certainly sympathize with your difficulties. I made some 11th hour adjustments and they bit me on the backside hard.
It seemed that every change I made to the car could give me more speed but it ate away at any consistency I had.
 
Great pics Goodwolf. I too found Motegi hard work and couldnt replicate the 29.9 I managed in practice. There are some tricky turns at Motegi to get right every time, especially on the hard tyre. The good news is that the grip is up for race 3, and also the power. I have tried the car with the upgrades at Autumn Ring and it feels totally different, even with the same set up. Best I have managed there so far is a 20.191, but there is loads more to come off:tup:👍👍

Thanks!

I was thinking about the upgrades because I'm usually better with cars that have more ponies under the bonnet. Plus with two season's behind me I know that my driving also improves to the end of the championship.

I love Motegi and didn't have any problems with it during practice, that's why my not so good result isn't easy to accept.

Some nice pictures Goodwolf. I can certainly sympathize with your difficulties. I made some 11th hour adjustments and they bit me on the backside hard.
It seemed that every change I made to the car could give me more speed but it ate away at any consistency I had.

Thanks GC!

I hear you. I learned that a long time ago. If you make an adjustment that improves your car and you don't have time to practice with it, a lot of bad things might happen. Sometimes you can handle the car but your tyres will get to their end faster and that will ruin your strategy.
 
Goodwolf
Thanks GC!

I hear you. I learned that a long time ago. If you make an adjustment that improves your car and you don't have time to practice with it, a lot of bad things might happen. Sometimes you can handle the car but your tyres will get to their end faster and that will ruin your strategy.

^this
 
Well I really enjoyed the race on Sunday! nice to see the pictures that you guys have been posting!

Despite a distinct lack of practice, I was happy to at least be able to race around the rear of the field and post reasonable lap times and enjoy some good fun battles. My first corner did not go to our plan at all, which probably was not helped when I put a rear wheel onto the grass... and following the spin and trip onto the gravel left me firmly at the rear of the field. However, as others made mistakes, I was able to get myself back into the mix, having some great battles with Happy, socal, GC and Ade along the way. I then managed to catch Cobrius right on the last lap, made for a very exciting finish.

Sorry if I got in the way of the leaders on occasion, but as Ade says flashing of the lights is the way forward I think, as it is sometimes very hard to tell who you are racing against and who is lapping you thanks to the lack of blue flags.

I would love to be able to participate in the practice sessions, but as such life dictates at the moment that I am not getting the spare time to be able to do this very often. If the opportunity arises then I will though, of course.
 
I made a little video with movie maker.. Spent some time on it, Damn audio is out of sync now though :grumpy: :banghead:

I am now uploading the unedited video to YT.. 👍
 
Watch in HD :)

​

Great vid Dan, I will add this to the OP:tup:👍👍

Tonight sees our first Friday practice session, and I have something different planned. The room will be open from 8.00pm for the usual short race practice to gather lap times. After this there will be 2 sprint races. I have posted on the CORE GT page to see if any of the Core drivers would like to join us for this, as Core is taking a break. This will give us some extra practice as well as giving Core GT drivers who cant race on Sunday's a chance to have some SC fun. Hopefully there will be a good turnout.👍👍👍

Sprint races.

Autumn Ring...15 laps...No pitstop.

Race 1 Sport Soft tyre.

Race 2 Sport medium tyre.

Race 2 reverse grid from race 1.​
 
What a hell did i do in first corner:ouch:
I saw you Dan where shifting under 7000rpm, did you test it if it's faster that way?
I was changing after red line just before limiter.
 
I'm not sure it's faster.. Just safer as the rev limiter comes up fast.. It's not so bad now with Engine tuning 3 and ECU.. 👍

Glad you like Ade. Nice idea, inviting the Core lads :D
 
GTP_ADE
Great vid Dan, I will add this to the OP:tup:👍👍

Tonight sees our first Friday practice session, and I have something different planned. The room will be open from 8.00pm for the usual short race practice to gather lap times. After this there will be 2 sprint races. I have posted on the CORE GT page to see if any of the Core drivers would like to join us for this, as Core is taking a break. This will give us some extra practice as well as giving Core GT drivers who cant race on Sunday's a chance to have some SC fun. Hopefully there will be a good turnout.👍👍👍

Sprint races.

Autumn Ring...15 laps...No pitstop.

Race 1 Sport Soft tyre.

Race 2 Sport medium tyre.

Race 2 reverse grid from race 1.

I'd love to be part of this tonight, but Fridays are a busy day for me now,which is why I have not been part of the CORE series lately; tonight I have a badminton league fixture. I won't be back until about 9:30.
 
I have a prior engagement, which I organize, with some other friends in gt5 tonight. Which Dan caught me finishing up practicing for yesterday. Had I known about tonights plan sooner I may have been able to switch things about.
 
I have a prior engagement, which I organize, with some other friends in gt5 tonight. Which Dan caught me finishing up practicing for yesterday. Had I known about tonights plan sooner I may have been able to switch things about.

No worries mate, I only came up with the idea this morning. 👍👍
 
GTP_ADE
No worries mate, I only came up with the idea this morning. 👍👍

I know it's a big ask but, If I only get one person to my thing, which is likely. Would he be able to come along to your evening? If there is room? He has a spec 1 evora and I've never had any problem racing with him.
 
I know it's a big ask but, If I only get one person to my thing, which is likely. Would he be able to come along to your evening? If there is room? He has a spec 1 evora and I've never had any problem racing with him.

No worries mate, the more the merrier. Dont forget to do the upgrades.👍👍👍
 
GTP_ADE
No worries mate, the more the merrier. Dont forget to do the upgrades.👍👍👍

I'll pass the message along. If he's up for it I'll help him with making the car spec 2 and deal with the friend requests as and when. Thanks 👍👍👍
 
Back