The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,872 views
So after 80 laps I now know which is the faster strategy :D New fastest lap on the med in race conditions, 1'28.817.. Fastest on hard 1'30.953.. 👍
 
After a practice session that intense the race seems yours to lose, Dan ... no pressure! :trouble:

Didn't have time today to get some tracktime in, so tonight we'll see if I can crack the 1.30-barrier. No 28's for me, although I do like that number. :)
 
Hey sorry I haven't been at the the practices for the races, I happened to be busy during those days but i will be there tonight 👍
 
What a race! 14 starters and no mechanical or technical issues. Dan managed to get 2 out of 2, but had to work really hard for this win, finishing just 1.3 seconds ahead of Hancock and Capt.D completed the podium. The race did have its moments, namely T1 lap 1, which saw a few casualties. I didnt take that turn particularly well, and slowed to let all cars pass at the earliest time. Full report and standings will be done tomorrow as usual, as now is time for the champagne. Congratulations to the podium.

PODIUMRACE2_zps11200b39.png
 
Wow.. My eyes are like this :eek: after that race.. I was involved in a race long battle with Adam. And it was FIERCE!! We both made a few mistakes which saw the lead swapping a few times.. I'm pretty sure I drove of the track 3 times.. Definitely twice :dopey: I was going to pit lap 27 as I had earlier when I was testing.. But I thought I'd try one more lap before changing to the hards as my pace was still ok.. Big mistake :lol:
I had a massive wobbler in T1 chicane and lost the gap I'd made to Adam, with him then pulling away and me struggling with dirty tyres

Thanks to Dowlin for being a true gent racer and getting out of the way of our battle.. 👍👍

I had to chase Adam down in the last 5 laps and I really didn't think I was going to make it.. I ran a 30.7 trying to close him down, and slowly each lap I was getting closer.. I think it was maybe lap 38, I was close enough and took a dive down the inside in the 2nd to last corner, We traded the tiniest amount of paint @ the apex and I had the better line out of the corner and managed to open up a 1 sec gap and hang onto it for those last two sweaty laps :D

Thanks for the racing guys.. And thanks Ade for putting it all together:cheers:

I'll maybe get some pics up in the week. 👍

3 Brits on the podium.. 👍
 
I expected the race start at 21gmt,so my short pratice which I ment to do become even shorter...
In Q I had -0.3 in first sector but lost it all in other two.
Had good start and then went wide in t1 becouse I didnt saw where exactly was Hancolc,after that had short battle with Goodwolf with few contack.Sorry about that,I was really nervous whole race, untipical for me and was also a little lag there.
My tactic was catastrophic, I went for 2 stop since my tire wear was awful...I also aded some fuel:yuck:
Had small mistakes whole race and one big one ofter second pit stop,which maybe cost me a podium.I really need to get some headphones.
Also I need to say this, when someone is lapping you really need to move aside and even brake if it's needed.

I am glad I joined tonight race, was fun to drive after(for me) long time:)

One more time congratulations to Dan:tup:
 
Really enjoyed the racing tonight guys, great stuff 👍

I am very pleased with my 6th place, it is more than I could have hoped for with the amount of preperation I had done coming into this race. I didn't think I would get anywhere near there since I started down in 11th but luck was on my side tonight.

I had a quiet enough race for the most part, had a little battle with Third early on but we both made errors which widened the gap between us but before my pitstop on lap 15, I went off on the 2nd last corner and lost that gap and about 3 places before I made it to the pit entrance. :scared: After I exited the pits, Dan flew past me and Hancock wasn't that far behind either. I let him through and tried to keep pace with them and hopefully make up some places.

There were a few mistakes by Dan and Hancock along with some other drivers they were lapping which made it hairy at times, but when they both pitted around lap 29 or 30, I was a long way ahead of Third in 7th but even further behind whomever was in 5th at the time. I made one mistake a lap or two later which reduced the space between me and Third but not enough to cause trouble so I just took it easy and drove home.

I'm glad the race went as well as it did, I wanted to be cautious and take it easy and hopefully capitalize on people's mistakes and it looks like it paid off. 👍
 
Also I need to say this, when someone is lapping you really need to move aside and even brake if it's needed.

One more time congratulations to Dan:tup:

Thanks.. 👍 I agree with what you said.. I also lost some time when lapping cars. Also some drivers need to be more aware of whats happening around them. I lost out on pole after having to avoid a car that had spun in the final corner and was carelessly rejoining track.. I was .15X up in T2 and nailed the last 2 corners.. Was quite frustrated by this.
 
A good race for me overall, getting to third after the first corner and chasing after Dan and Adam. A few laps later they were pulling away and enjoying their own battle, leaving me to hold on to third. Around lap 17 I caught up to some backmarkers and pitted at the end of lap21 for hard tyres which saw me through to the end of the race.

Well done to Dan on his win and Adam for second place. 👍

when someone is lapping you really need to move aside and even brake if it's needed.

This^ Blue flags for GT6 :sly:
 
congrats to the podiujm finishers and everyone for a full field. once again my race prep was flawed as i start qualiy on hards and not mediums. i guess that kept me out of the first turn mayhem but overall that did not prove to be a good stragery. thanks Ade for waiting for me after our contact but i knew it was not on purpose and you could have continued. there is mention about lap cars being difficult to pass and I hope I was not guilty of that. there were so many different braking points depending on tire choice and wear that is was difficult moving over for me if I was racing with someone.
 
Thanks.. 👍 I agree with what you said.. I also lost some time when lapping cars. Also some drivers need to be more aware of whats happening around them. I lost out on pole after having to avoid a car that had spun in the final corner and was carelessly rejoining track.. I was .15X up in T2 and nailed the last 2 corners.. Was quite frustrated by this.

This sounds like me, desperately trying to get out of the way after realizing I'd looked at the wrong arrow on the mini-map. Not something I'm proud of and I sincerely apologize for robbing you of your achievement. 👎:dunce::sick:

I can't help but feel my whole race went downhill right from the off :mad::banghead: hence why i pretty much went dark at the end of the race. I didn't want to end up raging at anyone.

If I have wronged ANYONE, please don't hold back. There are rules there for everyone and have to be adhered to.
 
good think we dont have heavy damage!!:dopey: there would be a lot more frustration!!:crazy:
 
Sunday Cuppers,

Well I have been through the replay to get the results. It seems that there were several close battles almost for the entire race. I started on the hard tyre 10th on the grid, and got a great start off the line. Cobrius, who was in front of me didnt seem to get off so well, and I had to pass him on the right hand side. This put me on the inside coming into T1, and I saw a gap Cobani had left, and managed to get on the inside under heavy breaking. I got past, and entry into the turn was OK, but I did feel contact at the rear, and saw in my mirror that Cobani had some contact with Jammy, who had followed me into the turn. I wasnt sure if I had made contact with Cobani, so slowed to let him pass at the chicane. I completed 10 laps on the hard, having some good battles with Socal, Jammyrex and Happy along the way. My first set of mediums were on for 18 laps, with the intention being to have 12 really hard laps at the end on fresh meds. Again I had some good battles with Socal, Third and Cobrius. I really enjoyed the race, and was pleased with finishing 10th after the first lap incident.

Also, I also did observe some drivers who were lapping other cars having a bit of trouble getting past. Maybe it was the nature of this track, with not many passing places that played a part in this. We always learn new thing in the beginning races of The Sunday Cup, which go on to changes being made to further improve the racing. There is no blue flag system in GT5, so we will have to implement our own. Drivers who are going to lap another car must flash their lights at the car that is going to be lapped when coming up behind them. The driver that is going to be lapped must let that car past at the earliest safe place on the track. Failure to let the lapping car past may lead to a penalty. I will create a graphic explaining this new rule, and the consequences.

Anyway, here are the results from last nights racing gents, and dont forget to do your upgrades for the next race. This is the start of Evora Evolution!!!


GRID2_zps37cadc63.png


RESULTS2_zps26c09f84.png


STANDINGS2_zps315c1057.png


RACE3-1_zps1abba12d.png


race34.png

This sounds like me, desperately trying to get out of the way after realizing I'd looked at the wrong arrow on the mini-map. Not something I'm proud of and I sincerely apologize for robbing you of your achievement. 👎:dunce::sick:

I can't help but feel my whole race went downhill right from the off :mad::banghead: hence why i pretty much went dark at the end of the race. I didn't want to end up raging at anyone.

If I have wronged ANYONE, please don't hold back. There are rules there for everyone and have to be adhered to.

Respect to you for putting your hand up. Its Ok, we all make mistakes from time to time, that cant be helped. If you do think that you may have caused someone to loose time, just send them a message, in the lobby, or via PSN. We are all Gentlemen drivers, we are all Sunday Cuppers.
 
Last edited:
I hate to nit pick ade, but you've used my graphic for Jammy rex.:nervous:
 
I hate to nit pick ade, but you've used my graphic for Jammy rex.:nervous:

Sorted, Thanks Gary. Cut and paste on my spreadsheet sometimes copys other cars.
 
Good work with the graphics Ade.. I'm looking forward to the next one already.. :D
 
another one. Petros graphic for happysilvia in the standing picture.

I'm gonna get lynched :lol:
 
Today am little disapointed for doing big mistake in first corner and missing all good racing at front:guilty:

Now I expect some great pictures from Cobani and maybe some video from Dowlin to cheer me up:)
 
Hyper-Dan
I'm on a break :D
:lol:
Petros
Today am little disapointed for doing big mistake in first corner and missing all good racing at front:guilty:

Now I expect some great pictures from Cobani and maybe some video from Dowlin to cheer me up:)
I'm hoping to have some up tomorrow evening. I have you in my track name feature photo. My plan is to get one picture of each track name with a single drivers car in it. This will hopefully fill your picture void until the photoking puts his up
 
My plan is to get one picture of each track name with a single drivers car in it. This will hopefully fill your picture void until the photoking puts his up
Cheers 👍
 
socalspeedfreak
Ade are you changing the total laps for the next race?

Dan has already pointed out to me that lap times are faster at Autumn Ring, so I will be increasing the laps to give us a 1 hour race.
 
I've got a little suggestion for the starting grid graphic:
How about adding the starting tyre used for each participant?

My race went alright. As always, I started on the harder compound of the two. I got of to a good start and eased into turn 1 to avoid larger collisions. I got through quite well, but on the exit I tugged in right behind Ade, who then decided to somewhat park his car there :crazy: I had a good amount of fights in the first few laps. Lost the car twice due to a bit of lawnmowing with the outside rear wheels at the exit of each of the S complexes that cost me a chunk of time. On my inlap (lap 16) I mistook the 100m board for the 150m board at the long back straight and engaged the brakes at the 50m board. What followed was a long trip to the beach :ouch: At this point I assumed to have lost contact to Dowlin, who got new rubber during lap 15. The second stint was rather lonely as I spent it trying to catch up to Dowlin. His pace was a lot closer to mine on the Mediums than on the Hards, wich had me catching up a bit, but not enough to significantly close the gap to him.

I have to say Motegi is a great track. This course offers many opportunities for an overtaking attempt.
 
I've got a little suggestion for the starting grid graphic:
How about adding the starting tyre used for each participant?

Hows this, :sly:👍👍

GRID2_zps37cadc63.png


Also I have revised the number of laps for race #3. With all the races I am aiming to make them round about 1 hour long, so other races are subject to change as we go on.

race3specs_zps2085a7f8.png
 
Back