The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,206 comments
The one thing that irritates behind comprehension is when a car is sold out in legends or ucd and it still shows it the following day but in a dimmed light. Why?! Just get rid of them straight away and use those spaces for somthing else. Utterly pointlss decision.
To add on to this, why not have a "Coming Soon" section in LCD? This way, you don't spend $8.2M on a 250 GT & $3.2M on GT1 when the Jag is about to drop and you need it for a virtual trophy!

The is problem though, this isn't the case... So far, open setups have just exposed glitches in the tuning system.
I agree that PP based open set up and open car are ****ed right now. If you did single make or group and with in Bop than PP wouldnt matter.

IE for the Miata race this week you have the car

Miata Roadster Touring car with Bop IE its power and weight.

but then let people tune the suspension/LSD/Brake Balance/ Aero and gearing or at least anything that cars stock parts allow you to tune. PP does nt matter car will have the same power+weight as all the other cars.

For say Gr4. you have the BoP of each car but allow set up off all the thing that is allowed with the cars stock parts. Again use Bop(Power and weight) disregard PP and allow set up in single make or single group races.

People who complain about meta cars should be all for this.

The inconsistent and inconvenient placement of the penalty gates. On some tracks they are on the final straight, ruining the following lap as well after serving a penalty (Trial Mountain, I'm looking at you right now). I like to run longer stints to improve my lap times in time trial attempts. Restarting stirs the flow and makes the time trial events much less enjoyable for me. Absolutely no reason for such inconvenient placement.

Last edited:
The inconsistent and inconvenient placement of the penalty gates. On some tracks they are on the final straight, ruining the following lap as well after serving a penalty (Trial Mountain, I'm looking at you right now). I like to run longer stints to improve my lap times in time trial attempts. Restarting stirs the flow and makes the time trial events much less enjoyable for me. Absolutely no reason for such inconvenient placement.
The fact there are penalty gates on the tracks at all. Catch a 5 second penalty at Tokyo because you understeered into a barrier (and add that to the "things that annoy" list)? You are forced to slow for five seconds in an acceleration zone, risking being rear-ended, and your race is ruined. You should either have to serve it when you come in for fuel and tires (penalty served before service), or have it attached to your final time.

I feel you here! If you want fast time, you have to hit the straight perfect so you start the lap blazing. Make a mistake early in the lap and if you want to avoid restarting, you have to finish that lap with penalty (throw-away lap), but to add insult to injury, your next lap is ****ed too. Just make me take the penalty at any point before the long straight to end the lap as my mistake already cost me a new PR for that lap. Just as bad is getting penalty in like last 1/3 or 1/4 of the lap and game not making you serve it until the following lap (only could be "good" if you cut a corner and gain time because I think it still records your time).

Not being able to group edit decals.

This is something that I miss from the Forza Motorsport games - you could select multiple decals at once and move them or change colors as a bunch.

In Gran Turismo, if I want to create a livery, I pick a base paint color for the car, decide what style of livery I want to do and start, but I always leave the decals white to begin with. Once I have a style I'm satisfied with, I'll zoom it out and start trying to find a colour combination that works. As I can't change color of all of the decals at once, this can become very tedious. Being able to group all of those decals and change their color at the same time would be a huge time saver.

[Livery Editor]
  • The wheel color is returned to default each time the wheel is changed.
  • Almost all two-piece wheels can only be painted at the spoke/disks, and the lip color cannot be changed.
  • It is not possible to change/move decal colors and positions all at once.

[Race]
  • Clean Race Bonus.
This system itself is not bad. It encourages clean driving and will naturally improve players' driving manners.
However, this system and the current AI do not work well together. They stick to their driving lines and only look at the front like a racehorse. Therefore, their driving sometimes prevents them from getting CRBs, which seems a bit unreasonable. This system will be better when the AI improves and they also try to race cleanly.

[Car]
  • VGT unsettable differential.
Different people have different tastes in car settings, but for me the differential presets on many VGTs seem to have a very strong understeer tendency. Therefore, I would like to improve this setting to my liking, but inexplicably, there is no option for a fully customized differential on these cars.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of using a 13B-swapped MX5 on Sports Hards for the 550pp 1 hour endurance race at Kyoto, and managed to finish 9th for a Bronze trophy. The fact that I will now risk getting sweet FA after an hour of racing is so disheartening. I'll probably end up cheesing it with an OP car, but it just sucks the replayability out of those races.

To add on to this, why not have a "Coming Soon" section in LCD? This way, you don't spend $8.2M on a 250 GT & $3.2M on GT1 when the Jag is about to drop and you need it for a virtual trophy!
If PD did that, people wouldn't be FOMO'd into buying MTX in this exact situation.

That the Speed 6 is a 5-speed…granted, not PD’s fault, but still weird right?!?

The TVR Speed 6 is actually the engine - a naturally aspirated straight 6.

The car we have in GT7 is actually the TVR Cerbera. The Cerbera could be had with the Speed 6 engine, which gave it the designation TVR Cerbera Speed 6, or the bigger V8 Speed 8 engine.

Both the Speed 6 and Speed 8 were mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox.

Edit for a fun fact - the next size up from a V8 is the V12, which TVR made and stuck in a heavily modified Cerbera, creating the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.

Last edited:
The TVR Speed 6 is actually the engine - a naturally aspirated straight 6.

The car we have in GT7 is actually the TVR Cerbera. The Cerbera could be had with the Speed 6 engine, which gave it the designation TVR Cerbera Speed 6, or the bigger V8 Speed 8 engine.

Both the Speed 6 and Speed 8 were mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox.

Edit for a fun fact - the next size up from a V8 is the V12, which TVR made and stuck in a heavily modified Cerbera, creating the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.
Its the nomenclature that TVR used. It makes sense given that its an I6, but still… Also, I felt today when driving that car that a 6th gear would have benefitted it immensely.

The tire choice for the Vulcan in the hyper car races, it’s the only ai that uses racing tires.

I was going to try and beat these races with a Carrera GT and sport tires, but I after the first race I realized it was a waste of time and switched to the FXX K and got easy wins.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this i did a 0.000000000000000001 second search on Google and didn't see anything so forgive my HOT TAKE but the roulette system sucks how can my m8 get a zillion credits for completing an event and i get some fluffy dice and a kick in the nuts and a knee to the face :grumpy:

What at a friends house recently who had just purchased GT7. It is unbelievable how much they have mucked the menu/user interface up.
Geeze Freaking XXX how many damn times do you have to press buttons to get to where you want to go next. What the hell is up with the story mode, did they think only 10 year olds would be playing the game. It is readily apparent that they do not do any betta testing with long term GT fans. Same offline game play since GT1.
Hope the load times on PS5 are signficantly quicker between events etc. I mean really, I wanted to throw my beer bottle at the damn tv.

Will they ever give up on the license test. Sure it was a novility back in the day. Really pointless in this day and age. Also does not change a thing regardings the rammers online that do not give a crap about a decent race.

Okay will shut up and drink the rest of my 12 pack lol.

All my photos have disappeared from Showcase after the latest update. That’s annoying and close to unacceptable. Fortunately I haven’t been putting much effort into Scapes, and otherwise I’d probably go and shout at the ocean.

I did not realize this until today but if you go into a track's Meeting Place and run a few laps (say 10 at Mount Panorama) that none of the laps are counted towards your daily grind. Is this a bug?

Whoever did the unit measures needs to give their head a shake.

Car weight is in lbs, but the ballast is in kg. Torque is measured in ft. lbs. while boost is measured in bar.

What Is That John Leguizamo GIF by The Academy Awards

Either use the metric system or don't use it, not this half-breed fuster-cluck of measures. Or at least give us the option to change, oh I don't know, maybe more than just the speedometer? GT4 had that option did it not?

The cool music can only be heard in brand central. Sony owns a whole music subsidiary not sure why the majority of the game's soundtrack is stuck in 2010.

F122's soundtrack is a banger.
Agreed, the music selection in GT7 is way weaksauce. There's nothing really memorable about it.

Last edited:
You can't edit your settings on anything you share in the showcase section. So for instance if you want to go back and edit in tags you forgot to include; too bad. Start again.

-Jumping through multiple menus for simple things - Basically the whole set up could have been made easier, like being able to buy sports tires or upgrades right before a race.

-The pause after selecting a menu - I've been spoiled by fast load times. It doesn't seem like it should take any time to enter the garage or a tuning shop. I guess point 1 wouldn't be as bad if this didn't happen.

-The useless GT league guy prompts for the license tests and having to click through them again after watching a demonstration run. They don't add anything. S10 doesn't even mention that it's on a drying track.
You can now. Thank God.

Back