The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,199 comments
You can use favorite folders and name the folder what you want. But for some reason, you can't select a decal from anywhere else and send it to a folder. You have to do a search for it using Content Search, hit Triangle, then choose to either Add to Favorites (then select the folder form there), or just Add to Collection. If you add it to your general collection, you can't then send it to a folder. WTH PD?!

I know in GTS you could select any decal you already had and send it to a folder. For some reason, you can't in GT7. So yeah, that's annoying.
Ok, thank you for clarifying. Its not optimal but I will see if I can make it work. I'll have to check this out tonight and figure it out. Thanks!

Just found something else that annoys me a bit.

I've never gotten a clean race bonus on the WTC800 race at Watkins Glen. This last race (I just did), I made sure to run it as clean as possible. I didn't slam into any other cars, I didn't run off the track anywhere, I didn't cut any corners, and I didn't get any penalties. No clean race bonus.

I did graze a couple other cars during some side-by-side racing, but nothing to where it changed their trajectory or anything. And I did brush the wall on the next-to-last left-hander on the final lap. Nothing harsh, just barely brushed against it due to another car being on my left. Other than that, I stayed within the lines at all times and didn't hit anything.

So what gives? This race is impossible for me to get the Clean Race Bonus on, for some reason.

I suspect that you can't add more than a hundred Decals to a Favorite Folder, but the game never tells you directly. Combined with the fact that I can't move or sort Favorite Folders or even the Decals inside these Folders means I have to remove the Folders & add them back in in order and then add each Decal back in individually from searches because I can't add Decals to Favorite Folders from the Collection.

...yes, I'm serious. Collection Sorting is so tedious.

Something that has been bothering me more than it should lately is how quick/easy the brake rotors get red hot. For example a ~1900lb car equipped with racing pads and a Brembo BBK going barely over 100mph for a few seconds hits the first turn and almost immediately the rotors light up red hot after hitting the brakes at 50-75% tops. Sorry but it takes considerably more than that in real life if you’re using proper quality parts such as Brembo BBK and racing pads. I could see that happening with a 4000lb car hitting 150mph using bargain AutoZone brake components and slamming on the brakes. It’s like they put that effect in the game and made sure they got their “money’s worth” out of it even if it looks really cheesy.

The fact that european/japanese/american races are locked for "foreigners". Any car should off course be allowed as long as they are set up by the rules. Why shouldn`t a M3 or a GTR br able to participate in a race on Laguna?

Locked races on the other hand should be like it was back in GT4 where we could viit car-manufactorers and do spesific races

Last edited:
What really annoys me:

- the use of a V6 Ecoboost sound file for a V8 Ford GT race car. Like WTF?!

- the bugs and flickering in the Livery editor and that sometimes you aren't even able to have a straight line. (everything gets bends sometimes)

- CHASE THE RABBIT RACES. A poor workaround for a very bad AI.
Remember even in GT4 you were able to do Qualifyings in Championships..

- "the real prizes for cars". How ridiculous. Show me where I can sell my used Honda S2000 for 110.000 $..
On top of that I play games to drive cars I normally couldn't afford.
Now I can't afford them in the game too. "GT7 the Reallife simulator"
This "real prizes to appreciate the cars value"-argument is just a stupid excuse to push people (who have very limited time to play) into micro transaction.
I don't appreciate a Skyline R34 more because it now costs 350.000.

- overall this game is lacking in so many areas that I'm really shocked that they got away with it again. Personally I feal like the franchise gets worse and worse.
The last GT where I felt that it was made with love, enthusiasm for the car industry and they really tried their best was GT4.
GT5 and GT6 had a lot of potential but the mix of "Standart" and "Premium" cars were horrible in my opinion and ruined a lot for me.
GT Sport didn't even felt like a GT game in the beginning and GT7 is just a GT Sport 1.5 with a worse Single Player experience than GT Sport.
Pretty pathetic for a game that wanted to go back to the roots and wants to be the most complete GT...

Last edited:
The fact that european/japanese/american races are locked for "foreigners". Any car should off course be allowed as long as they are set up by the rules. Why shouldn`t a M3 or a GTR br able to participate in a race on Laguna?

Locked races on the other hand should be like it was back in GT4 where we could viit car-manufactorers and do spesific races
This was one my biggest gripes with the game. Its already lacking massively in terms of single player races, and those that are there have the most ridiculous restrictions on them. 2 races on the Nordschleife, one for German cars, the other for Porsches. Well done PD.

Every race being locked to the region of the track is mind numbingly stupid. They have successfully limited an already limited game.

I'm really starting to lose the drive to play this game. I'm tired of the 30min Le Mans and 1hr Spa. But in every other race it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to get the clean race bonus. I've run three races on different tracks. Never touched a single car, never went entirely across the white lines. I drove as slow as I could to avoid everything, like a cruise lobby pace. No clean race bonuses.

I end every GT7 session feeling down and deflated. There is just no fun anymore. My favorite game is starting to feel dead.

Last edited:
You can watch car styles in different colors if paint is not apply. But u cannot paint them like that. The stock part car is painted too body color. 🤬🤬

I'll get hate for this I imagine, but the setups in the tuning subsection here being organised by user rather than car; I have no idea who might have a setup for a particular car, so have to look in every thread. First world problems for sure, but many complaints in here are.

It annoys me that we can't regenerate thumbnails like we could in GT6. Currently in 7 whenever you modify a car, even if it's only mere headlight change, GT Auto will generate a thumbnail for your car, sounds good right? Well not really when you notice your garage loads slower and slower over time the more you modify cars. As a person that has modified atleast 250 of the 337 cars in my garage currently, well let's just say the garage loading can come to a crawl. This could be rectified be allowing me and other players to rebuild a database so everything loads quick and smooth like it does prior to car modifying.

I know I said that players don't care about thumbnails in a post long ago, but I do care when it comes to the speed it takes to load them.

Last edited:
It annoys me that we can't regenerate thumbnails like we could in GT6. Currently in 7 whenever you modify a car, even if it's only mere headlight change, GT Auto will generate a thumbnail for your car, sounds good right? Well not really when you notice your garage loads slower and slower over time the more you modify cars. As a person that has modified atleast 250 of the 337 cars in my garage currently, well let's just say the garage loading can come to a crawl. This could be rectified be allowing me and other players to rebuild a database so everything loads quick and smooth like it does prior to car modifying.

I know I said that players don't care about thumbnails in a post long ago, but I do care when it comes to the speed it takes to load them.
Interesting, I have at least 1 visual change to all 297 cars in my garage minus the 4 or 5 Vision cars and I’ve not noticed any slowness when scrolling through.
Are you playing PS4 or PS5 version?

Some used cars never show up with different colors.

Honda Beat - always yellow
Renault 5 Turbo - always red
Toyota Sports 800 - always red
Eunos Roadster NA - always blue
Suzuki Cappuccino - always red
Toyota Sprinter Trueno - always silver

Yes, I know you can paint them obviously, but this still annoys me a bit.

Interesting, I have at least 1 visual change to all 297 cars in my garage minus the 4 or 5 Vision cars and I’ve not noticed any slowness when scrolling through.
Are you playing PS4 or PS5 version?
PS4. It's possible that the slowness I'm experiencing is due to the rather outdated HDD the PS4 uses, it could also be due to my rather shoddy internet connection speed, and if the later is the case instead of the former, well then that is why this game shouldn't have an online requirement.

Last edited:
Not being able to press triangle in the garage and go into a car's settings is kind of annoying. What if I wanted to change or view a car's setting without actually getting into it? Having something like this would be useful if you wanted to just check if you have dirt tyres or a specific part without it reorganizing your garage.

Secondly, why can't dirt tyres be used on BMWs yet can be used on something like the X-BOW? Is it because of licensing? I would imagine a BMW would drive better on dirt in the game than an X-BOW does.

Thirdly, why must every car be considered its own entity? If I have a Red 2013 Viper and a Blue-Grey 2013 Viper (To which I do), why can't I use dirt tyres or any other tuning part on both of them? Why must I buy dirt tyres for both of them? To me this is just a way of wasting my game money and time spent navigating through sluggish menus.

Last edited:
Thirdly, why must every car be considered its own entity? If I have a Red 2013 Viper and a Blue-Grey 2013 Viper (To which I do), why can't I use dirt tyres or any other tuning part on both of them? Why must I buy dirt tyres for both of them? To me this is just a way of wasting my game money and time spent navigating through sluggish menus.
Oddly enough the body parts you buy in GT Auto can be used on all additional vehicles of the same make/model after the initial purchase and can be added for free to same make/model car.

Oddly enough the body parts you buy in GT Auto can be used on all additional vehicles of the same make/model after the initial purchase and can be added for free to same make/model car.
Yep that's true, and like you said it's... odd. Another one of those weird inconsistencies with this game. :indiff:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that can’t read anything this game says on my racing rig? They really need to move the talking to the top.

Another thing that annoys me is how little detail went into the pit stop scenes. They make them much longer than need be, so I assume they’re really proud of this part and want us to really take it in, but they fail to show the right tires when swapping from slicks to IM/Wets and vice versa and the wheels don’t even have holes for the wheels studs or hub bore. Also, there are certain types of wheels that the view from the backside of wheel doesn’t match what wheel style the wheel actually is; the front view is correct and are spoke style but the back view shows they don’t have any spokes, but are more steelie style with holes like they used the Lambo Countach wheels for this view.

I suspect that you can't add more than a hundred Decals to a Favorite Folder, but the game never tells you directly. Combined with the fact that I can't move or sort Favorite Folders or even the Decals inside these Folders means I have to remove the Folders & add them back in in order and then add each Decal back in individually from searches because I can't add Decals to Favorite Folders from the Collection.

...yes, I'm serious. Collection Sorting is so tedious.
Cue History of Violence "How do you &^%$ that up?!" scene. Sorting is such a mess right now.

The one thing that irritates behind comprehension is when a car is sold out in legends or ucd and it still shows it the following day but in a dimmed light. Why?! Just get rid of them straight away and use those spaces for somthing else. Utterly pointlss decision.

Please please please with a lot of suggar on top, get rid of the fix hosts in open lobby.
80% the host isnt first after 2/5 laps host quit and lobby is closed. Flowbreaker delux

no setup allowed in any Sport mode race. You can have Bop(HP+Weight) but still allow setting up the suspension, brake balance, gearing, aero, LSD). I loathe the set up of so many cars in Bop yes is the game for everyone but not everyone drives the same. Set up and knowledge of set u should be part of your DR rating.

Laggy lobbies.

Back