The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,242 comments
This has been an issue since GT4.
Didn’t annoy me back then. No need to buy twenty of the same car to fill a grid.

What will annoy me though, if we don’t get a DTM Extra Menu. :embarrassed::sly:
20829777605654251.jpg

This, along with the rest of the in-game economy is really starting to get on my nerves… again.

What’s most frustrating is that some are not only defending this **** but it’s almost as if they’re offended by those of us that points it out.
Agree completely. Now that that exploit has been patched it's back to grinding for peanuts on races I don't even like or want to do. :indiff:

It has always struck me as weird that the Legends Cars are promoted as being based on real evaluations that can and have increased, yet when it comes selling player owned cars you can't sell them for a profit. If this real-world valuation is really supposed to be critical to the game experience as Kazunori insists it is, then why do players get ****** end of the deal? Where's the "sell your way to victory" (or however it was worded exactly) from the original PSN description?

They honestly need to take some inspiration from NFS Porsche, which was a game that allowed you to buy a car cheap, hold on to it for a while and then sell it for profit. That was practically a game in of itself.

Agree completely. Now that that exploit has been patched it's back to grinding for peanuts on races I don't even like or want to do. :indiff:

It has always struck me as weird that the Legends Cars are promoted as being based on real evaluations that can and have increased, yet when it comes selling player owned cars you can't sell them for a profit. If this real-world valuation is really supposed to be critical to the game experience as Kazunori insists it is, then why do players get ****** end of the deal? Where's the "sell your way to victory" (or however it was worded exactly) from the original PSN description?

They honestly need to take some inspiration from NFS Porsche, which was a game that allowed you to buy a car cheap, hold on to it for a while and then sell it for profit. That was practically a game in of itself.
What I remember most about NFS Porsche was you had to pay to repair your damage after a race. I think that would be an interesting mechanic for Sport Mode to encourage clean driving.

Also I agree with the reselling aspect lacking in GT7 but there are a few cars you could’ve turned a profit on like the 911 GT1

What I remember most about NFS Porsche was you had to pay to repair your damage after a race. I think that would be an interesting mechanic for Sport Mode to encourage clean driving.

Also I agree with the reselling aspect lacking in GT7 but there are a few cars you could’ve turned a profit on like the 911 GT1
If I recall correctly, some cars in NFS Porsche would sell for a lot of money even damaged, but the thing was that you had to keep them until you got to the modern era.

Anyway, besides selling that 911 GT1 and making a 7 million profit, the only other time I could recall making a profit was on the Mini Cooper. I'd buy a used Mini, put an engine swap on it that I got for free from the roulette ticket and was able to sell it for more than I bought it for. Unfortunately, this relied on having free engine swaps for a cheap car. Something that isn't a very sustainable method.

Last edited:
Bringing up the tyre branding again. The Spec II intro indeed have Michelin scenes throughout. Why we still don’t have Michelin branding for every car, I’d like to get some info on that. At least, let me fit the tyres from the Alfa 155 to my race car builds.

The Bore up feature doesn't seem to make as much HP/torque as it should??? like it should exponentially increase those with each part added after.....?

Not having the car (fully upgraded) reaching the HP that it easily can IRL...

But I also don't like it when people all drive 900hp+ cars in a "cruise" lobby.. so I guess I'm forced to "compromise"
on my own logistics there... also why people don't put a HP cap in a cruise lobby... it's right there in the settings

Last edited:
Smh... I remembered again that chase cam is not adjustable like it was in GT Sport and came here. Nitrous available on time attack would be nice too. Maybe there are more annoying things, but I choose these because I don't understand how easy they seem to fix and how they are not fixed road to 2 years after game release.

So, 19 months later, in time trial you can load your best lap ghost but no on screen time data about it while you're racing against it. The most basic, simple feature still missing, and no sign it will ever be included. Congrats :bowdown:Kaz.

Last edited:
Smh... I remembered again that chase cam is not adjustable like it was in GT Sport and came here. Nitrous available on time attack would be nice too. Maybe there are more annoying things, but I choose these because I don't understand how easy they seem to fix and how they are not fixed road to 2 years after game release.

Kinda ironic but gt sport still has that chase cam bug where the chase cam settings reset soon as you quit the game. it's "more adjustable" but more buggy

So, 19 months later, in time trial you can load your best lap ghost but no on screen time data about it while you're racing against it. The most basic, simple feature still missing, and no sign it will ever be included. Congrats :bowdown:Kaz.

I’m a big fan of the line on the track replay in GT5 (or was it GT6) as you didn’t have to try and see through a ghost.

But agree with you, such a simple tweak would be a great addition.

When you drive into the pits and want to shift up but meanwhile the screen changes and instead of shifting up you just told your crew to not change your tires.

And a rather small but still annoying detail: The constant beeping in the LFA. Really wish we could turn this off. I'm sure you can in the real car.

Search for liveries, click on one you like and no matter if you use it or not, you go back to the main search menu and start all over again instead of continuing where you left off. Also, still cannot create custom lists for garage sorting, and the IMO the bad design of the "gift parts", where all ticket-acquired parts go to die.

Something that definitely bothers me at the moment is the invite system. Although I've already collected every single invite-only car (plus a second Ferrari FXXK that I won from a ticket) I still feel like something should be done about it. I do, however, get the idea that PD recognized it as being a mistake in design, as cars that've been released post-launch that are similar to the invite-only cars - such as the Porsche 918, Bugatti Chiron, or Aston Martin Valkyrie - do not require an invite at all.

Personally, what I'd do, is to allow the invite-only cars to be purchased at any time at the respective prices that are listed at Brand Central, but the invites could be a way to somewhat reduce the price of those cars for a temporary period. Furthermore, the cars that I mentioned like the 918 could also benefit from this discount.

On another note, I used to be a little bothered by the fact that the P1 GTR is in the game, but not the normal P1. Then I realized that both P1 variants are street-legal, with the GTR being superior, in a sense, especially with that DRS system. Kind of like the 911 GT3 RS (992) that was added lately. So I suppose I don’t really see the point of adding the “normal” P1, aside from the fact that it may have more color options. Still, I’d say we could use more McLaren models, like the Speedtail, the Senna (GTR or not), the 750S, and possibly its corresponding GT3 model, if it gets homologated. Heck, I’d even be down for the more affordable 570S, too. I guess ultimately, that is something else that I’m bothered by - a lack of models for some brands that’ve notably expanded things, like Hyundai with their N models.

Last edited:
I use 7.2 surround... There is no inbetween for loud-ass menu sounds. Either all or nothing.

Menu sound effect volume slider doesn't do anything to lessen the forward/back menu chime. 1-10 only does the menu clicks. While 0 just removes the sounds altogether.

The incredibly opaque language filter system for shared content

How much time have I wasted trying different combinations of words (almost at random) to come up with an oddly-stitched together sentence which carries the same meaning as my original thought?

Another win for stupidity and ignorance over intended function.

The incredibly opaque language filter system for shared content

How much time have I wasted trying different combinations of words (almost at random) to come up with an oddly-stitched together sentence which carries the same meaning as my original thought?

Another win for stupidity and ignorance over intended function.
And yes the TOS of PS is strict on "words that hurt" for example friend of mine was given a 30 day suspension of gaming because he called someone "STUPID" in a message to that player, the player reported him and my friend received his 30 days. PS also issued a 30 day ban on the reportee because in that same conversation that player called my friend a "B" name that rhymes with ditch, PS looked at the whole conversation and issued the ban to both parties.

Wish I could get some idea of if the old corvette c3 hardtop had a different bodykit from the convertible version... but PD wants you to buy both first to see if one has a unique bodykit. where is the bodykit thread when i need it

Wish I could get some idea of if the old corvette c3 hardtop had a different bodykit from the convertible version... but PD wants you to buy both first to see if one has a unique bodykit. where is the bodykit thread when i need it
Pet peeve of mine. I tunes up some muscle cars. I’d like to run them at road Atlanta and Watkins Glen and goodwood and Bathurst in custom race. But to do that and give each car a different livery, I have to buy like three of each and tune all three of each just to get a fun race and cool replay happening. Why can’t we just apply a different livery to the cars we chose when setting up a custom race? Nobody wants to race against 5 of the same looking mustangs for example.

Pet peeve of mine. I tunes up some muscle cars. I’d like to run them at road Atlanta and Watkins Glen and goodwood and Bathurst in custom race. But to do that and give each car a different livery, I have to buy like three of each and tune all three of each just to get a fun race and cool replay happening. Why can’t we just apply a different livery to the cars we chose when setting up a custom race? Nobody wants to race against 5 of the same looking mustangs for example.
Now imagine you have that same problem, but your car of choice is a McLaren F1….

The music.

The playlist is really short (and not that great) for a game people spend hundreds of hours playing. It really got on my nerves after a while. I finally muted all of it everywhere.

NOTE TO PD: It would be sweet if I could connect the game directly to my Spotify account and play whatever I like through the game.

(Yes, I know I can play Spotify externally while playing the game, but that’s not a very good solution when I’m wearing a headset or the earplugs from a VR visor.)

Back