The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,231 comments
My current annoyance is that the game thinks I am too good to be in B lobbies (I am not) yet I am not good enough in A/A++ lobbies. So I always bounce between A and B ranking... between top 5 in B/A and bottom 5 in A/A++. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aside from the ludicrous economy/roulette/invite stuff which I'm sure has been debated ad-infinitum, I'm annoyed by the ghost car being way too visible such that it obscures the view and is terribly distracting. I'm also annoyed by the fact that all the miles I have and will continue to put in just driving my favorite cars around Nordshleife (the primary means by which I engage with Gran Turismo since GT5) don't pay me anything. 5-10K credits per mile driven would really change the game for me.

The point i tried to make is that the cockpit view is so terrible that almost no one uses it, hence wasted resourcers
Have you ever stopped to think that Polyphony is all about attention to detail?

Back in GT4 we had modeled cockpits for convertible cars, even though you could never see it up close due to the lack of a cockpit view.

I only use cockpit view. Do I wish we had a little more control of how we sit, viewing angles etc? Sure. My biggest gripe with cockpit view is I want a customizable hud. Because then I’d throw the bumper cam rear view mirror up because half the time the car’s mirror is not even visible in cockpit view. But that hasn’t stopped me from racing cockpit view, it’s the best view and I’m faster in bumper cam by far.

I only use cockpit view. Do I wish we had a little more control of how we sit, viewing angles etc? Sure. My biggest gripe with cockpit view is I want a customizable hud. Because then I’d throw the bumper cam rear view mirror up because half the time the car’s mirror is not even visible in cockpit view. But that hasn’t stopped me from racing cockpit view, it’s the best view and I’m faster in bumper cam by far.
It's exactly the same for me! And yeah, customizable HUD and field of view would be amazing. In some cars you can't even see the side mirrors and the rearview mirror is cluttered by the lap times. Srsly, what did they think when they designed this??

I want qualification for the event 😉✌️
A bit annoying to always start behind 😁
Their AI isn’t good enough for us to qualify and start within the pack. When I bought the game (preordered) I don’t know why I expected it to be different. I guess I figured it’s 2022/2023, chase the rabbit style events are probably a thing of the past. Lol

The lack of immersion due to poor cockpit view, HUD and FoV...
From a racers perspective; i think it's just a waste of resources and time to model interiors, since 99% of racers use either bonnet- or hood cam.

Edit: None of the cars feel unique, when you're forced to use 'video game view'
100% of PSVR racers use cockpit view

Last edited:
There have been discussions about the FOV. Hence, why players prefer any view but cockpit.
100% of PSVR racers use cockpit view
I wouldn’t have it any other way. Though, I think a member did ask for a “Mr. Bean” option. :lol:

There have been discussions about the FOV. Hence, why players prefer any view but cockpit.

I wouldn’t have it any other way. Though, I think a member did ask for a “Mr. Bean” option. :lol:
Whatever PoV you use is the best for YOU, let others choose what is best for them

Last edited:
I think Knukel's point is being missed here. He's simply saying that the potential of the cockpit view in GT7 is being wasted due to the way it's implemented in the game. He (and I myself) would much prefer to use that view exclusively, but due to some of the unfortunate aspects of it's implentation, it's just not as functional as it could/should be and bumper cam in a lot of ways simply works better. If there was more available in the way of FOV and eyepoint settings as well as the option to remove the wheel and driver arms and to choose how and what to display in the hud (a mirror for instance) it would be fantastic. He's certainly not asking for it to be removed from the game...

Last edited:
Having some more seat time in the game there are a few things that annoy me -

1. Music - I find the overuse of classical music in GT7 to be unfortunate. I feel like in prior games there was a lot of creativity in the music and they did a great job of establishing a mood in the different menus. A lot of it was that typical J-Jazz, but it felt appropriate for the kind of lounge-y feeling presentation. I find myself disappointed by how much of this has been replaced by classical music, mostly/entirely piano sonatas. It's not terrible, but its also kind of charmless and feels low effort. Also, I'm on menu book 39 (and not in a hurry to finish it) and the relentless Chariots of Fire is really, really grating on me. :lol:

2. Wheel selection - I get that GT is more aligned with the "club racer" enthusiast rather than the "hard-parked" crowd, but the wheel choices feel quite limited. There are quite a few models to choose from, but there is very little actual design variety. Where are the 90s wheels? It would be fantastic to get a classic wheel pack. OZ Futura, Speedline, etc. There is also a lack of newer wheels, such as the current Volks-Rays lineup.

3. HUD - The HUD is quite simply too busy*, but turning it off gives up a few bits of crucial information. I wish there was an option to do an à la carte hud. I would like to be able to reduce the HUD to just these elements:

Tire wear
Lap counter
Gap to ahead & behind (that only pops up at sector checks)
Weather radar / multi screen

Alternatively, like Shift 2, have a single button toggle for the HUD. Might be a great use of the touch pad, not that the turn signals aren't critical. :lol:

*I find the full HUD to be super distracting and I get better lap times with the whole thing just off completely.

4. Per-car rather than global setting for things like TCS, ABS, etc. I don't need traction control on my 135hp Mazda MX-5 like I do with my 500hp BRZ GT300. Why are these global switches? Same is true for transmission functionality - This is a longstanding gripe I have with racing games. In reality, you don't select the transmission choice of the cars you own from some master switch in your garage. Each car is either manual or automatic (of some variety). I really wish this was the case in GT and that the automatic models (particularly planetary autos) were functionally different. It would make cars with old school planetary autos a lot more interesting than the 3-speed DCTs (functionally) that's in the game. I want to hear torque converters doing their thing. A global setting under assists for manual shifting assist could still be implemented.

EDIT: 5. I've mentioned this before - but the super slow motion steering animation in the cockpit view (when using DS controller) is not only distracting, it actually makes it difficult to drive! A few times I've been caught out by the different visual cues telling me different things in quick transitions. Am I still actually steering left? Do I need to correct more to the right? It's very confusing and sometimes I switch to the hood camera just so I can't see what the steering wheel is doing...and I'm usually a few seconds per lap faster. I would gladly give up some animation smoothness if it meant that the steering wheel is actually positioned at the steering angle.

Generally though I find GT7 to be a pretty thoughtful experience.

Last edited:
Having some more seat time in the game there are a few things that annoy me -

1. Music - I find the overuse of classical music in GT7 to be unfortunate. I feel like in prior games there was a lot of creativity in the music and they did a great job of establishing a mood in the different menus. A lot of it was that typical J-Jazz, but it felt appropriate for the kind of lounge-y feeling presentation. I find myself disappointed by how much of this has been replaced by classical music, mostly/entirely piano sonatas. It's not terrible, but its also kind of charmless and feels low effort. Also, I'm on menu book 39 (and not in a hurry to finish it) and the relentless Chariots of Fire is really, really grating on me. :lol:

2. Wheel selection - I get that GT is more aligned with the "club racer" enthusiast rather than the "hard-parked" crowd, but the wheel choices feel quite limited. There are quite a few models to choose from, but there is very little actual design variety. Where are the 90s wheels? It would be fantastic to get a classic wheel pack. OZ Futura, Speedline, etc. There is also a lack of newer wheels, such as the current Volks-Rays lineup.

3. HUD - The HUD is quite simply too busy*, but turning it off gives up a few bits of crucial information. I wish there was an option to do an à la carte hud. I would like to be able to reduce the HUD to just these elements:

Tire wear
Lap counter
Gap to ahead & behind (that only pops up at sector checks)
Weather radar / multi screen

Alternatively, like Shift 2, have a single button toggle for the HUD. Might be a great use of the touch pad, not that the turn signals aren't critical. :lol:

*I find the full HUD to be super distracting and I get better lap times with the whole thing just off completely.

4. Per-car rather than global setting for things like TCS, ABS, etc. I don't need traction control on my 135hp Mazda MX-5 like I do with my 500hp BRZ GT300. Why are these global switches? Same is true for transmission functionality - This is a longstanding gripe I have with racing games. In reality, you don't select the transmission choice of the cars you own from some master switch in your garage. Each car is either manual or automatic (of some variety). I really wish this was the case in GT and that the automatic models (particularly planetary autos) were functionally different. It would make cars with old school planetary autos a lot more interesting than the 3-speed DCTs (functionally) that's in the game. I want to hear torque converters doing their thing. A global setting under assists for manual shifting assist could still be implemented.

Generally though I find GT7 to be a pretty thoughtful experience.
Yeah wish I could select the music I want to listen to in the menu screens. Lots I don’t mind from the list but you can’t shut off other ones.

Need more rims for older vehicles like European sports cars and American Muscle cars.

Game looks 100% better without the HUD on, but you give up radar which helps and race position/lap time and gap. I’d have race position top left, radar bottom right (although I’d totally redo radar if I could) and then maybe tires bottom left and lap times and gap top right. I’d settle for the ability to toggle it on and off except with the ability to leave radar always on.

Aside from the ludicrous economy/roulette/invite stuff which I'm sure has been debated ad-infinitum, I'm annoyed by the ghost car being way too visible such that it obscures the view and is terribly distracting. I'm also annoyed by the fact that all the miles I have and will continue to put in just driving my favorite cars around Nordshleife (the primary means by which I engage with Gran Turismo since GT5) don't pay me anything. 5-10K credits per mile driven would really change the game for me.
I agree ZZ. I drive Nordshleife (time trial) at least once a day and I too wish there was some sort of in game compensation for this dedication, other than the "Daily workout" contribution. When you set up a custom race it awards you very low credits for a relatively long and intense track where NPC knocks you off in the first few klicks -- honestly I'd rather time attack it over and over again and get some credits.

I agree ZZ. I drive Nordshleife (time trial) at least once a day and I too wish there was some sort of in game compensation for this dedication, other than the "Daily workout" contribution. When you set up a custom race it awards you very low credits for a relatively long and intense track where NPC knocks you off in the first few klicks -- honestly I'd rather time attack it over and over again and get some credits.
Exactly. All I need from the game is a bunch of cars and tracks to drive them on and Nord is simply the perfect challenge. A couple nights back I spent several hours at Nord in a few cars - the Countach, the Laferrari and a Porsche 992 GT3 - and it was just SUPER enjoyable! I think it's amazing how the game is able to give all these cars such distinct driving characteristics. But you get nothing for just driving like that aside from the DW ticket which is generally nothing as well. To me, most of the game challenges amount to grinding. The license tests...the CE's, the various events...they all feel basically like grinding to me. It's the stuff I have to do to get the content unlocked so I can then do what I really want to do. If the game paid me some reasonable amount for every km I drive I would spend a lot less time at Sardegna and a lot more just enjoying the challenge of driving different cars at Nordshleife. And I'm not sure how doing that would be a negative in any way as far as player engagement goes. What difference should it make to Sony or PD if I'm time trialing against my own times at Nurburgring or I'm grinding Sardegna over and over again?

Last edited:
Exactly. All I need from the game is a bunch of cars and tracks to drive them on and Nord is simply the perfect challenge. A couple nights back I spent several hours at Nord in a few cars - the Countach, the Laferrari and a Porsche 992 GT3 - and it was just SUPER enjoyable! I think it's amazing how the game is able to give all these cars such distinct driving characteristics. But you get nothing for just driving like that aside from the DW ticket which is generally nothing as well. To me, most of the game challenges amount to grinding. The license tests...the CE's, the various events...they all feel basically like grinding to me. It's the stuff I have to do to get the content unlocked so I can then do what I really want to do. If the game paid me some reasonable amount for every km I drive I would spend a lot less time at Sardegna and a lot more just enjoying the challenge of driving different cars at Nordshleife. And I'm not sure how doing that would be a negative in any way as far as player engagement goes. What difference should it make to Sony or PD if I'm time trialing against my own times at Nurburgring or I'm grinding Sardegna over and over again?
I do the historic races a lot, but there’s only four. I don’t understand why when I bring a car to race against Sophy, it brings non matching cars. I think we should be able to tell it to bring something within a specific range of year. So I can quickly do a Camaro race or GTO and not be racing against trucks and Silvia’s and Imprezas.

AI all stuck with the same set of tires, regardless of whatever you select from the tunning sheet.
And when you're driving just a hair slower, the AI always try to pit-maneuver you to the wall, all the time.

It does improve it, but I still think a lot more effort needs to be put into class balancing.
True for that. In fairness, the custom race mode still doesn't have the best A.I. probably. I mean, it's fine for me, but I suck at driving. I imagine more competent players finding it boring at the highest setting.

That and I don't think the A.I. opponent options are sufficient enough.

True for that. In fairness, the custom race mode still doesn't have the best A.I. probably. I mean, it's fine for me, but I suck at driving. I imagine more competent players finding it boring at the highest setting.

That and I don't think the A.I. opponent options are sufficient enough.
The problem is the professional difficulty isn’t difficult at all if you bring the same performance points. I try to bring 80-100pp lower. The annoying part is, if I want to setup a trans am tune race say at Road Atlanta, I have to populate the grid with t tuned cars, and then take the one I want and power restrict it to have a somewhat decent race.

The alternative so I can drive the car I tuned the way I like it it, is buy a whole entirely new fleet of muscle cars, tune them all and increase the tune 80-100pp more than me. Which is a big job and a lot of work, when they could just do something like project cars and give us a difficulty slider and aggression slider.

“Hmm that was an easy race, I’ll just bump it up two notches….phew barely won that one, 91% is the magic difficulty number for me”

It resulted it a battle of a race, instead of passing one by one. Even when you do a grid start on GT7 custom race, its like you get one lap of a decent race, after than they spread out and it’s basically back to chase the rabbit. I’m convinced polyphony digital thinks people just want to pass cars all the time, not actually have a race.

Latest Posts

Back