The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
Yeah it got quiet here. :/ I mostly talk about ponies on Twitter now.

Anyways :3
1762808.png

Last edited:
Rarity gets a job designing costumes for the grand opening of the new Equestria Land theme park. Her new boss is Vignette Valencia, a social media superstar with three million followers. After all the great Sunset and Trixie moments in the last special, this time it's back to the first and best ship, Rarijack. Tons of good moments here. Plenty of good Flutterdash and Twiset moments as well. I also like that Rarity finds a new use for her diamond power. It's a good episode while we wait out the Season 8 mid-season hiatus.

We have a a new villain: Vignette Valencia.

There is so much blushy Rarijack all over this special.

I know Valencia is evil and all, but I like punk-metal Flutterbat.

Steaming mad Sunset is my aesthetic.

Seriously, Sunset is getting all the best screen time.

As a member of the good ship Rarijack, I approve of this special.

Several things to talk about this weekend. First, Discovery Family surprised us all with a new episode.

Pinkie has a new hobby, playing the Yovidiphone. Maud has a small but perfectly Maud scene in this episode. I've always liked Pinkie's friendship with the Yaks (who are masters at the Yovidiphone.) Good episode, I thought.

It looks like bagpipes and sounds like a Euphonium.
41751608640_19994b1a9b_b.jpg

Problem is, Pinkie isn't very good at it.
41751607080_d1c04dc3c7_b.jpg

Yigrid, Yak Yovidiphone master.

Next, this Equestria Girls Choose Your Own Ending episode has been on the Discovery Go app for a few months but now it's up on Youtube.
Twilight is freaking out about her role in the school play, so her friends find ways to help her relieve that stress.

Twilight isn't impressing her cast-mates.

Twilight's confidence in Pinkie's solution isn't high.

Really, Dash? Dunking on Twilight?

Bunnies solve everything.

At the SDCC pony panel, a sneak peek at an upcoming Equestria Girls special was premiered and it looks good.

Finally, I spent several hours today recreating the Rainbooms tour bus design for the 1963 VW Type 2 in Forza Motorsport 7. Here are the results.
The inspiration.

Last edited:
Finally, I spent several hours today recreating the Rainbooms tour bus design for the 1963 VW Type 2 in Forza Motorsport 7. Here are the results.
The inspiration.

I love everything about this! Nice job!

That's the most manliest bus I've ever seen!

Not sure if I'm gonna participate in the ATG this year or not, I'll practice a bit maybe.

First up, the real S8E14 aired in Australia.
The Mane 6 are called by the Cutie Map, leaving Starlight Glimmer in charge. She tries to run the school exactly as Twilight would have, but Discord shows up, and he's got ideas of his own.

Twilight loves her scrolls.

Plan B.

Discord disapproves.

Another Choose Your Own Ending episode makes the long migration from the Discovery Go app to Youtube.

I love this episode because I love Rarity Noir. Tabitha St. Germaine just kills it as the stylish gumshoe.

The Applejack ending gets a bonus Maud.

Pinkie Ending. Rarity Noir is not just another pretty dame.

The Trixie ending is also the longest ending, and the best of the three. Trixie vs. Rarity is the showdown we've been waiting for.

A new series of hilarious videos, movie poster parodies, and other images celebrates 35 years of pastel colored ponies.
Twilight solves a Rubik's Cube.

This Jane Fonda Workout video parody with Pinkie Pie is both creepy and perfect.

8-bit game madness as Rainbow Dash takes on Tirek.

Seriously, this has to be for the parents. What preteen is going to remember Full House?

I love that Quibble Pants is in this Indiana Jones parody poster.

E.T. parody poster.

Do I even need to tell you what this is a parody of?

Punk Rainbow. Love the Mohawk.

Twilight is the material pony.

Pinkie gets physical.

Everypony is this image is spot-on perfect, but AppleSka is [French chef finger kiss].

Last edited:
New Chose Your Own Ending episode is on YouTube.
Snips and Snails are not up to the challenge of hauling a heavy set backdrop on stage during the play, so Sci-Twi, Pinkie and Micro Chips all suggest a solution.

Sunset is not impressed with her former minions.

Twilight could use her geode, but she likes to use brain power.

Pinkie knows what works.

Micro Chips ending also relies on brain power.

S8E15 has officially aired in the US.
Everyone's going home for Hearth Warming Eve, of the nearest equivalent depending on the creature, but then the holiday decorations are destroyed and Twilight and Rainbow Dash must interview the students to find out who did it. It's a good episode. We get to see how everyone celebrates their winter holiday.

Ocellus' tale. A list and some badly followed instructions.

Yona's tale. Yaks gonna smash.

Smolder's story actually sounds like fun.

Silverstream's story involves plenty of dancing.

Sandbar's tale. Cool story, bro.

Gallus' backstory is possibly the saddest thing in pony history.

S8E16 has aired in Australia.
A new "Friendship University opens in Las Pegasus, and it promises to teach you friendship in half the time of Twilight's school. Twilight and Rarity decide to check it out. Nice use of Starswirl and Chancellor Neighsay. With Rarity going undercover, it's produced plenty of new fan art.

If it's a Flim and Flam episode, you know it involves singing.

Rarity - fabulous = Plainity. And yet she's still fabulous.

Last edited:
New Choose Your Own Ending episode on Youtube.
With set builder Applejack out of commission, it's up to others to step up and get it done.

Sometimes Rainbow Dash's smugness is justified.

Photo Finish has her own unique ideas on set design.

Pinkie Pie drums up a set design of her own.

S8E16 "Hearths Warming Club has aired in the US, see the previous post. However S8E17 has aired in Australia.
Twilight uses Rarity and Rainbow Dash as an example of how creatures can have different tastes and likes and still be friends. Her decision to have the class follow the two of them on a day out together to see how well they get along ends in disaster when their bickering goes too far and they break off the friendship. Starlight tries to intervene, but it take an adventure together to mend their friendship. I like this episode because the friendship between Rarity and RD is so strange but so solid. I also like the use of their favorite books to help them find their way back to their friendship.

Last edited:
More new episodes over the past weekend. As always, I'm staring with Equestria Girls.

Fluttershy's stage fright has her paralyzed when a prop fails. Sunset has to choose someone to bail out the play.

Rarity as Selfie Soot dreams of leaving her lump-of-coal town and becoming a disco dancer is Shiny City.

Applejack, apparently never having met Snips and Snails, asks for their help.

Twilight proves you can be a genius and still not have a clue.

"Are you buying this?"

We got Yakity-Sax in the US, meanwhile the Aussies get two more new episodes.

Trixie's new magic show, with Starlight as her assistant, is going over great, and they are convinced to take it on the road to Saddle Arabia. They even sing a song. Unfortunately, Trixie's caravan is a little tight for two ponies, and the cramped quarters cause a lot of friction between them.

Draw me like one of your French ponies.

Things are not going Trixie's way.

Starlight, you made Trixie cry.

Scootaloo has a new pony (group of ponies, actually) to idolize, and Rainbow isn't happy about it. It's a new flying team called the Washouts. They do stunts and take chances the Wonderbolts would never dream of. Of course they're led by Lightning Dust, only her second appearance in the show.

Lightning Dust flanked by Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse.

Last edited:
Sorry this is a little late, so let's get right to it. First up is the final Choose Your Own Ending Equestria Girls short, finally on Youtube.

The play is a success and everyone is enjoying the aftershow. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have put together a slide show of photos they've taken over the course of the production, but Cranky won't let them use the school's projector.

Rarity argues her case.

Applejack combines charm and stubborness.

Rainbow Dash goes undercover.

Episode 19 The Road to Friendship has aired in the US, but Australia continues to race ahead of us with episodes 21 and 22. And if that's not bad enough, Denmark has aired the entire season. I won't cover those episodes until they've aired in English, but if you haven't raced ahead like I have, I will say I think you'll all enjoy this season's finale.

Things have been tough on ol' Rockhoof. He is having a hard time adapting to life in modern Equestria. We get to learn about some of the other Pillars and how they're doing.

A few poorly chosen words from Cozy Glow has the Young Six worried they might not be the friends they thought they were. There are a few old friends in this episode, and an important part of Equestria's very foundation makes a surprising return.

Last edited:
I'm pretty late on this update, I know. Here's what happened over the last week in ponidom:

"Road to Friendship" aired in the US. I've covered it in an earlier post.

In Equestria Girls news, "Rollercoaster of Friendship" is starting to show up on Hasbro's official YouTube channel. The first ten minutes are up.
Rarity and Applejack are both trying to get jobs at the new Equestria Land theme park so they can spend the summer together. However their plans are derailed by Rarity getting an offer to design clothes for the Equestria Land parade. Her new boss is Vignette Valencia, the park's beautiful, charming but highly self-centered PR director.

All this hand-holding and blushiness means they're cousins, right? That's how this works?

The only thing that impresses Vignette Valencia more than her follower count on Snapgab is herself.

#bangs

Two new episodes of FiM have aired in Australia.
Fluttershy and Applejack are excited to be called by the Cutie Map to solve another friendship problem. This time they travel to the land of the Kirin, a pony-like species with horns, lion-like manes and scales that cover their upper body from their noses to their tails. The entire population has taken a vow of silence after an angry fight caused their natural ability to create fire with their bodies to nearly destroy their village. This episode is by Gregory Bonsignore, his first for FiM. It's a great episode with a fun song and some amazing new creatures.

Solving friendship problems isn't always easy.

Autumn Blaze is the only Kirin who won't shut up. I mean who didn't take the vow of silence.

A dragon shows up at Twilight's castle, and after taking some time to take in the the situation, tells Spike he's his father. Episode is by Josh Haber, a writer with a long resume. Not my favorite episode. It was just too predictable. Nice moment for Spike at the end, though.

The name is Sludge. I'm your dad. Nice ta meetcha.

Last edited:
It's Rarity Day, so here are a few images of my favorite fashionista by artists I support on Patreon:

Plainity by twistedscarlett60

Punkity by Ambris

She Wore a Raspberry Beret by Pia-sama (commissioned by me)

Equestria Girls on YouTube

Rarity is busy, Applejack is jealous.

Rainbow Dash takes Fluttershy on a rollercoaster and it doesn't go as expected.

In the US, The Washouts aired on Saturday.

The season eight finale aired in Australia this past weekend.

Magic is disappearing all around Equestria. Starswirl believes that all the magic in Equestria will disappear in three days. The Mane Six head to Tartarus to see if it's Tirek stealing magic again. Cozy Glow is in charge of the school until Chancellor Neighsay decides to take over himself. His first order of business is to lock away the non-ponies. Sandbar convinces him he's on his side. He then convinces the CMC to help him find a way to break his friends out.

Of course the mastermind behind the disappearing magic is Cozy Glow. She's imprisoned Starlight Glimmer below the school. She's enlisted Tirek's help in stealing all the magic and send it to another dimension. Her goal is to become the Empress of Friendship. She believes friendship is power, not magic. Twilight and friends are stuck in Tartarus with Tirek, Starlight is still out of the picture, and the CMC and Young Six are fighting both Neighsay and Cozy Glow. But in the end, it's the Young Six who save the day.

One thing I like is that the writers are having fun with different characters saving Equestria at the end of the season. We had the Mane Six doing it for six years, then in season 7 it was the reformed villains Starlight, Trixie, Discord and Thorax. Now it's the Young Six. Makes me wonder what the season (and possible series) finale will be next season.

Last edited:
I didn't post anything last week, so here's a double dose of MLP goodness.

S8E21 A Rockhoof and a Hard Place and S8E22 What Lies Beneath aired over the last two weeks in the US. I've covered them previously, so let's move on the Equestria Girls. Hasbro has put parts 3 and 4 of Rollercoaster of Friendship up on Youtube.

Rarity is freaking out about all the work she still has to do. and Applejack's worrying about the missing Fluttershy is not helping matters. Meanwhile it's raw intelligence against sly cunning as Sci-Twi and Sunset face off against Flim and Flam in a ring toss game. Finally Pinkie Pie's impromptu Fun Inspector duty gives AJ the means to learn what really happened to Fluttershy.

Rarity not having a meltdown.

They don't like to lose.

Rainbow's truth annoys Vignette.

Fun Inspector and Deputy Fun Inspector.

Now AJ knows it's Vignette who's been causing their friends to disappear, but she doesn't know where to. She tries to tell everyone else, but Rarity is still too overwhelmed with getting everything ready for the parade to listen. Some clever manipulation by Vignette gets the two of them into an epic fight. Pinkie, Sunset and Sci-Twi aren't so quick to dismiss AJ's allegations and figure out Vignette is up to no good.

Vignette is not making Rarity's life any easier.

Boiling point reached.

These three have finally gotten a clue about Vignette.

Finally, today was Sunset Shimmer Day, so have some of my favorite art of the best bad girl gone good.

The incomparable ponut joe gives us Sunset in The Swimsuit, Sunset as a sexy badass, and Shorthair Shimmer.

ajvl gives us Homesick Shimmer.

tzc's Sunny offers you a Coke.

ambris gives us another take on The Swimsuit.

I love tyuubatu's use of color.

rustyartist give us a little RWBY cosplay.

blueberry-ghost. Sci-Twi and Sunset are tied with Applejack and Rarity for my favorite ships.

Last edited:
Another two weeks of MLP goodness to report on.

Last week was the US premiere of S8E23 Sounds of Silence. Yesterday it was S8E24 Father Knows Beast. Both have already been covered. Next week will be the two-part season finale.

Hasbro posted up the final installment of "Rollercoaster of Friendship" on Youtube.

There is a new official music video, ""The Other Side" featuring Rarity, directed by ishii Rudell and co-directed by Katrina Hadley, music and lyrics by John Jennings Boyd and Lisette Bustamante. As always, Kazumi Evans is fantastic. You'll have to forgive me but I took a bunch of screencaps because Rarity looks so fantastic.

Finally, here is the official trailer for the first MLP TV special, "Best Gift Ever" Holiday Special.

Last weekend was the Season 8 finale, School Raze parts 1 and 2. I've posted on them before, but I'll just reiterate I like that this is the second season in a row that a different group than the Mane 6 got to save Equestria. It just shows that friendship is for everyone, not just the main characters.

A Polish website for Roller Coaster of Friendship posted screencaps of the show, except it turns out they aren't of that show, they're of some unreleased show, possibly the next Equestria Girls special.

Wow, look at all the fan service!

Best Gift Ever spoilers
You guys like pudding?
1867596.png

good cause i need some after crying
1867432.png

1867514.png

I give this episode a 10/10

Explain this face to me. Is this some sort of meme I'm missing?

I picked it up from iTunes a couple days ago. I liked it quite a bit. Pinkie and Prince Rutherford are always a treat. I liked Rarity's storyline. Nice to see a young colt get to discover his artistic side. Also, we have a new word: Twilynanas.

Explain this face to me. Is this some sort of meme I'm missing?

I picked it up from iTunes a couple days ago. I liked it quite a bit. Pinkie and Prince Rutherford are always a treat. I liked Rarity's storyline. Nice to see a young colt get to discover his artistic side. Also, we have a new word: Twilynanas.
Well it's was a funny face expression and it works for memes. :P

I haven't been watching MLP lately, but I've been playing Spyro the Reignited Trilogy. I have thought of Spike a bit, since he's also a gem collecting, little, purple dragon. I like this painting, Spyro is drawn pretty close to how I imagine him looking like in MLP G4.
large.png

Back