The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
The newest Equestria Girls short is up: Game Stream . Sunset shows Fluttershy how to play a video game on her gamer video stream channel.

I missed this short from a couple weeks ago: Teacher of the Month. Rainbow Dash and Applejack try to figure out Fluttershy's secret to being Teacher of the Month, month after month.

And here's today's short: Sundae, Sundae, Sundae. It looks like this is the last short in this series.

Friday's new EG short is "Best in Show: The Pre-Show ." AJ and Fluttershy conduct a few interviews backstage before a pet show.

I am not ready for this.

Also Equestria Girls short: Best in Show: The Victory Lap

Last edited:
Everyone ready for season 9? It premiers in just a few hours. In the meantime, here's the newest EG short, FOMO:

Even bigger is the latest EG special: Spring Breakdown

The girls take their Spring Break vacation on a luxury yacht. However, Rainbow Dash's desperate need to fight evil magic instead of letting everyone just relax and enjoy themselves creates friction. Of course the real purpose of the special is to sell more dolls, and they've got the holiday vacation outfits covered.

This is really a story about Rainbow and Twilight both coming to terms with their responsibilities as superheroes. The preview seen at SDCC a few months ago made it look like this was all about them going to Equestria, but that is really just a small part of the story. They give Rarity a ridiculous love interest in Ragamuffin, a member of the ship's crew with an over the top Cockney accent. He's blond, has green eyes, freckles and has a distinctive accent. Sound familiar?

I guess Rarity has a type. Other than the unconvincing love interest side-story, I liked it. There's plenty of good dialogue, it's gorgeous like every EG special, and plenty of great voice acting moments. There's also a great song, even though we only got to hear half of it. Hopefully the full song will be released soon.

S9E1/2 The Beginning of the End
Celestia and Luna retire leaving everything to Twilight. There is an even bigger problem then Twilight's usual freak out: A powerful demon by the name of Grogar has summoned Sombra, Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy Glow to help him take over Equestria. They are really pulling out all the stops here, bringing every unreformed villain together in the first two episodes. With the Tree and Elements of Harmony destroyed, I'm wondering where this leaves the Spirit of the Tree of Harmony that we met last season.

Miss this place so much.

Has some Crazylis:
2004658__safe_screencap_queen+chrysalis_the+beginning+of+the+end_spoiler-colon-s09e01_changeling_crazy+eyes_crazy+face_crazylis_derp_discovery+family+l.png

Once fav always a fav. Screw newlings.

Last I post here is the Season 6 finale :lol:. And you know what happened there :cool:

No not the real reason I'm on long hiatus. Just burnt out honestly, except for this one bug.

Its been waaaaay too long (Granted, life also got hectic for a bit before I final moved out so I have a ton of catching up to do, kinda like I did when I first got into this :lol:)

Here it is Wednesday, and I haven't posted about last week's episode, Uprooted.

The Tree of Harmony has a mission for the Young Six, which is a bit of surprise since Sombra destroyed it in the last episode.

I quite like Silverstream's attempt to honor the tree.

And now we have the Treehouse of Harmony, which is rather cool.

I like that the Young Six's usual modus operandi is to stumble backwards into the proper solution, and usually because Yona puts her paw down and gets everyone back on track.

Remember me? I haven't been in here for over a couple years probably. I had kind of fallen off for the past couple years but I've returned to witness the final season. I watched the movie (It was okay) and season 8 (My favorites were the one where The Mean 6 and What Lies Beneath) a while back. I'm mostly caught up on Equestria Girls too. I'm just glad I'll be here for the 200th episode.

I was wondering where you'd been.
Away. Sort of. I kind of remained observant of all the happenings in my absence but I left the last three episodes of season 7 behind until sometime last month and powered through everything else more recently. I watched season 8 (Including Best Gift Ever) in maybe three or four days, though not before watching the movie. With season 9 being the final season (and the 200th episode coming up, and hopefully that's gonna be as special as the 100th). As for Equestria Girls I caught up on all that too. Hey, at least it meant I got to dodge all the hiatuses in between the season 7 finale and now. I've been with this since late 2011 and I've changed a lot since then but it seems right to be here for the end.

Wallflower Blush is the scariest villain in the entire Equestria Girls series.

The episode was alright. Kind of wish they did something more special to celebrate the 200 milestone but maybe Slice of Life was too hard to top.

I enjoyed it. It's a heist movie, hence the title's play on "Ocean's Eleven." We got what I will assume is the last appearance of Rarity Noir, one of my favorite parts of the show. We also got to see the royal sisters being testy with each other which is always fun. And we got to see how devious Spike can be. The art below is by Jon Fawkes. I always enjoy seeing his human interpretations of scenes from the shows.

It's been a while since I wrote about ponies.

Common Ground
The return of Quibble Pants! I like Patton Oswalt's performance, and I liked that his wife and daughter played the other two new characters. It's clearly a take on his own life with the twist of girl being related to the mother rather than the father. They all did a great job, too. This could have been unnecessarily heavy, but the writers kept it loose and fun with everyone trying to turn QP into a "sporty" pony.

She's All Yak
It's no surprise I have a soft spot for Yona, and I like that she got an episode all to herself. Having Sandbar show some romantic interest in her was a nice surprise. She showed she's one of the most interesting of the School Six, not just deciding to learn to be more pony-like, but completely succeeding in it.

Frenemies
Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow get a song! I've always enjoyed Mark Acheson's performance as Tirek, and getting to hear him sing was... interesting. He's not a great singer, but they did a good job giving him material he could work around. Kathleen Barr as Chrysalis was brilliant as always (her reprise of the "This Day Aria" from A Canterlot Wedding part 2 is still a highlight of the show for me.) And Sunni Westbrook's performance as Cozy Glow is turning into a real treat. Her psychotic personality is a hilariously on point. A good episode with everyone walking the line of becoming friends before pulling away.
All art by Jon Fawkes.

Last edited:
Sweet and Smoky
As soon as Smolder mentioned her "sensitive" brother, I was sure it was going to Garble. I'm really impressed with Vincent Tong who not only voices Garble but Flash Sentry, Prince Blueblood, Donut Joe, Feather Bangs, Rumble and Sandbar. He's a busy actor. I liked seeing Fluttershy get serious with the dragons, and Ember is always welcome.
Art by Jon Fawkes

Going to Seed
It's fun to see Applejack get carried away. And another absolutely hilarious performance by Peter New (voice of Big Mac) as Goldie Delicious.

Student Counsel
This was supposed to be a Starlight Glimmer/Trixie episode, but Ingrid Nilson as Maud Pie stole the show with one perfectly delivered line after another.

All art by Jon Fawkes.

The Last Crusade
We finally meet Scootaloo's family. Dad and mom are adventurers hunting down strange and exotic creatures which takes them all over Equestria. But they've decided to settle down to a town on the other side of the country and want Scootaloo to move in with them. That would break up the CMC, and no matter how much she misses and loves her parents, she's not willing to stop doing her important work as a Cutie Mark Crusader. We also meet MLP's first canonically gay couple, Scoot's Aunt Holiday and her girlfriend, Auntie Lofty.

New Equestria Girls shorts are apearing on the Discovery Go app first and then on YouTube.

I'm On a Yacht

Run to Break Free

Camping Must Haves

Festival Filters

And my favorite, the return of the Dazzlings! Find the Magic. I love how minimalist this song is, focusing instead on the emotions of Kazumi Evans, Shannon Chan Kent and Shylo Sharity.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Welp, It's taken me way to long. Been super busy with school and stuff. But I've finally caught up with season 9. And holy crap what a season it's been so far. There hasn't been an episode yet that i haven't liked. I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention yet of the special "Rainbow Roadtrip", bringing back the wonderful art style from My Little Pony: The Movie.

Welp, It's taken me way to long. Been super busy with school and stuff. But I've finally caught up with season 9. And holy crap what a season it's been so far. There hasn't been an episode yet that i haven't liked. I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention yet of the special "Rainbow Roadtrip", bringing back the wonderful art style from My Little Pony: The Movie.
I was surprised by this one. I was also surprised they used the movie style. Maybe they did it to make it seem more like a special? It was fun. I liked seeing how everyone solved the problem just by being themselves. I'll be posting the links up as soon as Hasbro starts posting them to YouTube.

Meanwhile, here are more EG shorts. The music festival shenanigans continue.
"How to Backstage"

"Festival Looks"

"5 Lines You Need to Stand In"

Back