The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
A couple of my favorite MLP/Cowboy Bebop crossover PMVs. First is the classic opening song from the TV series: Tank

Next is the opening from the movie: Ask DNA

Sunset's Backstage Pass was the last EG special, according to writer Nick Confalone.

It's sad. I think I enjoyed EG more than FiM. It's Sunset. She adds something to the Humane Six that's missing from the Mane Six.

Anyone in Bronycon now? I heard it's the last one. And this year pulled 11k which is higher than the peak in 2015 at 10k,according to some twitter sources.

TBH I dont follow much of ponies anymore but considering it's only like months until the final episode I kinda did some followup a bit now.

Anyone in Bronycon now? I heard it's the last one. And this year pulled 11k which is higher than the peak in 2015 at 10k,according to some twitter sources.

TBH I dont follow much of ponies anymore but considering it's only like months until the final episode I kinda did some followup a bit now.
I feel your apparent burnout. I took a roughly year and a half break from near the end of season 7 till around the start of season 9. I caught up not long after season 9 started because I figured we're at the end now, for a bandwagon I jumped on in 2011.

I still like ponies but I'd say it isn't the main thing I'm really into anymore. I mostly enjoy fan made pony stuff these days.

Some of my Twitter friends went to Bronycon but I've never been to interested in going to cons.

I've never had an interest in going to a con honestly.. I think with the lot of weirdos in the community, I found myself suited better with not dealing with them.

S9E14 The Last Laugh
I liked the concept behind this, Pinkie trying to figure out her destiny, with everyone else already having figured out theirs. The only downside to this episode was the lack of songs, only one compared to about seven in the first Cheese Sandwich episode. Still, nice to get Weird Al Yankovic back for one final episode. "Accordion solo!" "Shred it, Cheese!" killed me.

Art by the great Jon Fawkes, as always.

Oof.

To celebrate the very finale of MLP I will use MLP avatar after the finale either early aired or 2 weeks before finale actually properly aired on US. It will lasts for a month before a final bye bye. You can guess what my character will be.

S9E15 2, 4, 6, Greaaat
With the way "Greaaat" was written in the title, I thought for sure this was going to be a Trixie episode. Instead, I was somewhat surprised to see another Buckball episode, but it did a good job of showing Rainbow's total disinterest when it comes to stuff she doesn't want to do. In fact she was starting to be a real jerk about. But once she realized she was letting her friends and students down, her loyalty kicked in and she ended up doing a great job. More importantly, though, it showed Twilight had learned the Trollestia way of motivating and teaching those around her.

Art by Jon Fawkes

S9E16 A Trivial Pursuit
Another episode of Twilight Twilighting. She's gunning for her third win in a row as the Ponyville Trivia Champion, but partnering her up with Pinkie Pie sends her chances of winning into the tank. One of the funnier episodes with Twilight just completely losing her 🤬.

Art by Jon Fawkes, once again.

Completely out of left field is this new video on YouTube called "Hello, Pinkie Pie!", in which Pinkie has somehow become the host of television talk show. The 3D computer animation is completely new. I don't know who voices Pinkie, but it's definitely not Andrea Libman. There are no credits provided, so I have no idea who produced it, wrote it, directed it or anything else.

S9E16 A Trivial Pursuit
Another episode of Twilight Twilighting. She's gunning for her third win in a row as the Ponyville Trivia Champion, but partnering her up with Pinkie Pie sends her chances of winning into the tank. One of the funnier episodes with Twilight just completely losing her 🤬.

Art by Jon Fawkes, once again.

Completely out of left field is this new video on YouTube called "Hello, Pinkie Pie!", in which Pinkie has somehow become the host of television talk show. The 3D computer animation is completely new. I don't know who voices Pinkie, but it's definitely not Andrea Libman. There are no credits provided, so I have no idea who produced it, wrote it, directed it or anything else.

I wonder if the 3D CG animation is a prototype for G5.

It happens again. for the final time *sad song plays*
1609327.png

Just a warning, the rest of the season has apparently leaked in Dutch and it looks like Australia is getting the rest of the season early too.

Yaaay leaks.

All you need to really know is that the grand finale is.....not a majority favorite I'm afraid. I've seen the 2 episodes out of 3 out of curiosity and, yeah.

Im also not a huge fan of Chrysalis power duty mode, if you're that interested.

Anyway, MLP avatar for a month as I promised. Chrysalis always in my mind, though the character like her is actually older than her first appearance in ACW 2012, obviously not in pony form.

It's been nearly a week so I better post about it now before tomorrow's episode. S9E17 The Summer Sun Setback

It's Twilight's first time hosting the Summer Sun Celebration, but Cozy Glow, Tirek and Chrysalis have their own plans. Another good episode. I especially liked how touched Celestia and Luna were at Twilight's decision to rename the holiday for them. The above gif is just a taste of how much work Jon Fawkes put into his pic of the week. The full animation can be seen here: https://derpibooru.org/2127392 Warning: That site is very NSFW, although this particular image isn't.

S9E18 She Talks to Angel
Between Fluttershy's teaching at the school and running the sanctuary, there isn't much time for Angel, but Angel isn't sympathetic in the least. He's just as demanding as ever. So Zecora swaps them. Great performance by Andrea Libman as Angel in Fluttershy's body.

Art by Jon Fawkes.

The last EG special, "Holiday Unwrapped", dropped early in the Ukraine. I've watched it. No spoilers but it's a bit unusual in that it's a series of vignettes rather than a full story. I'll leave you with this image I put together showing the girls referencing Reservoir Dogs.

Continuing the EG fun, a new short called "Cheer You On" has dropped. It's available on Dailymotion. Get ready for teen heartthrob sensation Flash Sentry!

I think I posted this earlier but the Dazzlings song "Find the Magic" is now on the official Hasbro channel on YouTube.

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed episode 18. I can tell Andrea had fun with this episode.

I only wish discord could have appeared when he was you know mentioned. :embarrassed:

After a couple of months on the Discovery Go app, the second season of Choose Your Own Ending has finally started landing on YouTube. First up is "Wake-Up Shake-Up."

Another EG Choose Your Own Ending featuring Vinyl Scratch aka DJ Pon-3: 'The Last Drop'

Watched the final 3 episodes and without spoiling too much I really enjoyed it for a series finale, it was a good run. :)

finale spoilers down here though
boi they look really weird older though
2132141.png

eyes got more derp xd
2129219.jpeg

Come to think of it, the MLP finale tears me in some way.

I enter this fandom like since High School back when Season 2 was premiered and being attached to Derpy and then eventually Chrysalis. Dont ask, I just like it that way.

Now I'm at work now and basically my life changes in any way. Hell some of my closest people cone and go and even just dying. Its basically unrecognizable and it does felt really sad. And I won't miss 2016 either as my depression hits at the peak and had a change in my way of life drastically, for better or worse. Anyway the grand finale of this show telling about change is rather touching even if the show itself probably doesn't intend that way.

>7 years is a heck of a long time. There's several ups and many downs but I just hope I can go through it. Anyway farewell to this show. While my interest to this show itself is likely diminished by other better things to boot, but I still miss this show that introduced me to the better part of animation in general and the concept of fandoms and community.

Two more EG Choose Your Own Ending shorts. First features Rarity and is called "Inclement Leather". Choices are AJ, Sci-Twi and Vignette Valencia.

Next is "Lost and Pound." A cute muddy dog shows up, apparently lost. Spike, Rarity and Fluttershy are the options.

Back