The Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage Thread- Thrustmaster T300 PCARS Review

• Thread starter rambo793
  • 127 comments
Hi Sean, missing you over in the GT6 Photomode comps, but loving your work on Throwing Digital Sheep. 👍

Keeping the thread as the 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage' thread and just tagging the lastest update title on the end each time as in - 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage - Lykan Hypersport coming' is the right thing to do. Best of both worlds - we still know it's the Throwing Digital Sheep thread and we can see what the lastest subject in it is. ;)

Can anyone explain this to me please. DTS?! There is a website, but why name the thead that way?! :confused: :)

He's obviously trying to drum up support for his fledgling website from like minded guys here on GTP. If the site owners and moderators don't have a problem with it maybe you guys could indulge his passion for writing while you enjoy yours for sim racing. Win win

Keeping the thread as the 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage' thread and just tagging the lastest update title on the end each time as in - 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage - Lykan Hypersport coming' is the right thing to do.
No it isn't. This thread was originally for a pcars interview, and the title should have stayed that way.

Yes, you are right it was - a Throwing Digital Sheep Interview - and the thread has evolved from there.
Maybe some would be more satisfied if the title included that, such as...

'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Interview & Coverage' + lastest update subject tagged on.

Would'nt be silly as the interview itself is very good. In the end though it's Sean's thread and he can call it what he likes. ;)

Stop changing the name of the thread. Just stop. STOP.

No it isn't. This thread was originally for a pcars interview, and the title should have stayed that way.

Can anyone explain this to me please. DTS?! There is a website, but why name the thead that way?! :confused: :)

In my post on March 14th I did state that I would be keeping the thread name to 'The Project CARS Coverage Thread' henceforth and I've abided by that.

As Nathan has stated, while it was conceived for the interview, I've since then strived to extend my coverage of the game. And so, I had brought you the exclusive community-created trailers and articles I hope stand slightly apart from the usual bland news articles on the internet. To showcase this growing coverage, I thought it would be a good idea to include it in this thread, being as you all showed immense love and support during the interview :)

He's obviously trying to drum up support for his fledgling website from like minded guys here on GTP. If the site owners and moderators don't have a problem with it maybe you guys could indulge his passion for writing while you enjoy yours for sim racing. Win win

More than drumming up support the website I would say I was trying to drum up support for my own personal writing on the game whilst bringing everyone the latest tidbits . Yet of course, it is the website (Throwing Digital Sheep) that has accomodated my work and it seems only right to attribute coverage to it. Then again, as cheesy as my username is (Had the account created 5 years ago, when I was not the most mature man around), I could name it "The Rambo Project CARS thread". Bad idea!

Ofcourse, as Lead Editor of the site now I would be lying if I said I didn't hope for it to help the site grow in poularity.
Anyway, thanks for appreciating my work and your positivity:cheers: 👍
Hi Sean, missing you over in the GT6 Photomode comps, but loving your work on Throwing Digital Sheep. 👍

Keeping the thread as the 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage' thread and just tagging the lastest update title on the end each time as in - 'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage - Lykan Hypersport coming' is the right thing to do. Best of both worlds - we still know it's the Throwing Digital Sheep thread and we can see what the lastest subject in it is. ;)
Yes, you are right it was - a Throwing Digital Sheep Interview - and the thread has evolved from there.
Maybe some would be more satisfied if the title included that, such as...

'Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Interview & Coverage' + lastest update subject tagged on.

Would'nt be silly as the interview itself is very good. In the end though it's Sean's thread and he can call it what he likes. ;)

Hi Nathan! Hope you're well. I am missing the Photomode community as I was just telling Justin (Jus1029) the other day. I shall cut a trip down there soon - Would love to see how you all have grown.
Also, thanks for the support! I'm glad you like my work especially the interview and yes, I will keep the name of the title as it is now, changing only the second half of it to reflect the updates - Got the idea from how we used to do it for our photo galleries ;)

I appreciate you stopping by. :cheers:

Apologies for any sort of confusion boys. I agree it's a bit tacky and disorganized but when I have more time I will edit the OP of this thread to better reflect what's going on. Thanks for bearing with me :)
Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions on stuff that you would like me to cover or anything of that sort, do let me know.

Last edited:
Maybe one or two people would kindly wind their moderator wannabee necks in. It's his thread and that's what he wants to do. I think it's good quality writing and also the benefit of this is the news comes to us rather than us having to search for it. Enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks for the coverage.

Last edited:
Maybe one or two people would kindly wind their moderator wannabee necks in. It's his thread and that's what he wants to do. I think it's good quality writing and also the benefit of this is the news comes to us rather than us having to search for it. Enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks for the coverage.
That username...
whiteflaglol.gif

I'll bite. Who is John Scoon?

It should be spelt Schoon but GTPlanet didn't give me as many characters as PSN. I made the mistake of setting up my PSN id with the sole purpose of making my mate laugh who was with me at the time. Poor JS is just a friend of my mate (I don't even know him). Now I'm stuck with it and his hairy chin.

I'll leave it at that before the GT Rozzers get on my trail ;)

It should be spelt Schoon but GTPlanet didn't give me as many characters as PSN. I made the mistake of setting up my PSN id with the sole purpose of making my mate laugh who was with me at the time. Poor JS is just a friend of my mate (I don't even know him). Now I'm stuck with it and his hairy chin.

I'll leave it at that before the GT Rozzers get on my trail ;)
And all this time i figured it came from a pirate...

Thanks for the coverage.
Thank you, kind sir :)

Anyway, as most of you are aware, the game has now gone Gold. Here's the article covering that along with all other release details and the the tiny little Eurogamer controversy incase you missed it - http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/project-cars-crosses-finish-line/ :)

An Attempt to Solve The Console Wheel Dilemma
Right, I'll probably be speaking for the multitude of console players anticipating Project CARS' release when I say that, the lack of Logitech support on the current generation of consoles is beyond disappointing. Numerous attempts to get Logitech to do something, via petitions and personal messages, has yielded nought. The best they seem to say, is that the current generation requires Logitech's hardware to include within it a chip, which frankly they really don't seem intent on introducing. A few customers even managed to elicit an apology from Logitech, which cements the fact that we aren't really going to be connecting out DFGT/G27's to our boxes any more.

Fine. The more privileged and patient high-end PC owners, may not see this as an issue. Project CARS will look its best on PC anyway. But what about those of a console background? It's either play Project CARS with a wheel or go home. Our best bet then would be to sell our Logitech wheels hoping to somehow see a price deduction in a compatible Logitech or Fanatec wheel. But that's only the start. The more issue-educated would know that there's absolutely no medium-budget wheel that would offer a satisfying, immersive experience worth the bucks like the Driving Force GT did. There's the Thrustmaster T80; Considerably light on the wallet, and on force feedback. Quite precisely, there IS no Force feedback. The T300 RS is a big investment albeit with a few criticisms. Deciding where hard-earned cash needs to be spent then is nearly a matter of life and death.

I've decided to take it upon myself to better decide. Not quite sure how realistic it may be, or how willing they will be, I've considered getting in touch with Fanatec and Thrustmaster in an attempt to let me test the best of their Project CARS compatible wheels. But like I did with my interview, I want to hear from you first. The initial idea was to pair the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel against the Fanatec T500RS. These wheels will be compared based on the experience they offer in Project CARS - Unbiased. However, seeing as many of you may be interested in wheels other than those mentioned, I'd like to know if this is an idea worth pursuing and if so, which wheels you would like to be pitted against each other in the Project CARS domain. Ofcourse, I'm not looking for absurdities such as the T80 against the Fanatec 911 GT2 but rather more meaningful, difficult pairings.

Let me tell you though, nothing's on paper yet. And if things pick up steam I will most definitely get in touch with Fanatec and Thrustmaster with the proposition, and even then, there's no guaranteeing the outcome. Regardless, I wanted to get the ball rolling here and let you decide what should be done. Even if I don't manage to get a hold of both wheels, I may atleast have my hands on one depending on which company is more willing. For your reference, here's the complete list of wheels supported by Project CARS on consoles -

Thrustmaster

Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS

Fanatec

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2
Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2

Last edited:
Yet another thread title change !!!!
In all honesty rambo, this type of discussion would be better suited to one of the many other wheel Q&A threads here on GTP. It doesn't warrant a thread title change, or even a new thread opening TBH.

Yet another thread title change !!!!
In all honesty rambo, this type of discussion would be better suited to one of the many other wheel Q&A threads here on GTP. It doesn't warrant a thread title change, or even a new thread opening TBH.

Jeez Louise, in all honesty with regard to the Thread Title, it has been agreed upon that it's going to be called 'The Throwing Digital Sheep Thread' with the remnant half of it being updated constantly to highlight new and ongoing matter. I really don't want to have to explain that every time I make a post here; When all that really matters is what the title of the thread is.

The moderators don't seem to have that much of an issue here, then why all the hubbub? Any which way, thank you for directing me to the Wheel Q&A thread. I was hoping this would manifest itself into more of an offbeat discussion but I guess the title is the most important thing.

Last edited:
Jeez Louise, in all honesty the Thread Title it has been agreed upon that it's going to be called 'The Throwing Digital Sheep Thread' with the remnant half of it being updated constantly to highlight new and ongoing matter. I really don't want to have to explain that every time I make a post here; When all that really matters is what the title of the thread is.

The moderators don't seem to have that much of an issue here, then why all the hubbub? Any which way, thank you for directing me to the Wheel Q&A thread. I was hoping this would manifest itself into more of an offbeat discussion but I guess the title is the most important thing.
Do your thing, there's more people who appreciate it than people who don't.

Do your thing, there's more people who appreciate it than people who don't.

No confusion on this end, the topic of this thread is the blog and the most recent article. It's no different from a tuning shop thread with their latest tune. If people don't understand that, then that's not your problem I think. :)

Thanks for this thread there lots of nice information to look into. :)

Thanks for the support boys. Goes a long way :)

Right-o, Update Time
I just wanted you to know, that I hadn't given the idea up one bit. Ever since I posted it here, I've been running all over trying to lay my hands on contacts for Thrustmaster and Fanatec. I have a more concrete plan now.

The basic aim here is to test each of Fanatec's and Thrustmaster's supported racing hardware on the Playstation 4 for now but that may seem a bit realistic. Opinions gathered on the Internet reveal that a majority of the old Logitech folks, and those looking to jump into Project CARS simulation experience on the console with a wheel, are inclined to Thrustmaster's products, more specifically - The Thrustmaster T100, simply because it's the cheapest. Complaints abound of it's rather poor quality as well. The next preferable wheel then is the T300RS. Fanatec on the other hand doesn't seem to be as popular amongst the newbies at the very least. Its worth noting though that the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 V2, coupled with CSR pedals would be around the same price as the T300RS. The goal here then is to test these two at the very least, pit them against each other in terms of PCARS experience offered and try to shed more light on the wheel situation. If however, things pan out and the companies are receptive enough, we might consider moving on to higher end products and even if that happens, the focus will still be on affordability.

I've tried getting in touch with Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Fanatec but I haven't heard from yet. Just called their office and apparently no one is around though the man who did pick up said he would make it a point to ask someone to respond to my email soon. Ah, well. Ofcourse, the forms on the site weren't much use. Yet.

Thrustmaster's forms are equally fun and there seems to be no one responding to phone calls at their listed Guillemot Corporation address in France. Oh and Andy Tudor says he digs the idea.

So yes, I'm still actively pursuing this trying my best to get my hands on someone more responsive from either of the companies. If some of you would happen to know people from within the industry, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction but till then, I am still on it.

Speak soon.

Last edited:
Solving the Playstation 4 Racing Wheel Conundrum - A Fan Based Review Of Thrustmaster
I've been a while, I know. But for a good reason - I'm pleased to announce that Thrustmaster have agreed to be a part of what I have been intending to do for over a month now - Reviewing their Playstation 4 supported products with respect to Project CARS.

Over several discussions, we decided that while it would be a great idea to review their most affordable wheels - The Thrustmaster T100 and the T300RS, the unavailability of those two exact models at this exact moment has caused them to send me a Thrustmaster Ferrari T300 GTE which, which as most of us are aware is priced at exactly the same rate as the T300RS.

The entire announcement is covered on Throwing Digital Sheep. Moreover, just as we had done with our Q&A with Andy Tudor, I intend for all of you, especially those who are still debating over purchasing a wheel on the PS4, to send in your queries regarding the T300 GTE and what you would like to be covered in the review by leaving a comment on the site before the 10th of June. Frankly as per my opinion, driving on the game minus a wheel is no where near the experience we were expecting. Which is exactly why I've slowed down on my review of PCARS for now, until I'm able to carefully analyze it from both perspectives.

It won't cease there however, as I will continue reviewing their products on the Playstation 4 with respect to every driving game due to launch on the console. I look forward to hearing from you all. :)

Back