The Throwing Digital Sheep Project CARS Coverage Thread- Thrustmaster T300 PCARS Review

• Thread starter rambo793
  • 127 comments
VBR
Earth to Kaz; that's how it's done sunshine!

:sly:

I think the problem is that Kaz, after all these years, still isn't good with English. I always see him with a translator. Also it could be the rest of the Japanese Polyphony Digital is also not too adept with the English language.
So unless something is written in Japanese I don't think there will be a quick answer like you see here with an English speaking and in England based development studio.

I think the problem is that Kaz, after all these years, still isn't good with English. I always see him with a translator. Also it could be the rest of the Japanese Polyphony Digital is also not too adept with the English language.
So unless something is written in Japanese I don't think there will be a quick answer like you see here with an English speaking and in England based development studio.
Lol

I think the problem is he just doesn't care for communicating with fans

Just an idea, but if @Jordan showcased the GTP livery made for P.CARS sometime back, why not throw this up there once it's complete ?

GTPlanet being about more than GT & all ;)
I'd love to see this as a news item but I can't see that happening and I'd probably do the same were I in Jordan's shoes.

Actually, he is pretty fluent in English. Thing is, he doesn't care. It's not a game, nor a product. It's his baby, his "vision". And because of that, he don't want to be confronted by others.

Thanks for giving us this opportunity, @rambo793. :)
My pleasure buddy. My next stop should be reviewing the game on the PlayStation 4. Here's hoping it pans out and we are granted a review copy for our efforts :).

Just an idea, but if @Jordan showcased the GTP livery made for P.CARS sometime back, why not throw this up there once it's complete ?

GTPlanet being about more than GT & all ;)
I know right? I'd messaged @Jordan when we'd first started accepting questions after I obtained the official statement from Andy. Naturally, this being a GT related website he couldn't see it put up as a news post, though he did wish me luck and said the forums were the best place for it. I beat him to it, and had asked me to spread the word if he could. But perhaps if you folks chimed in...;)

Anyway, I just want to say that I hope to be doing more of such work in the future. So, if there's anything automotive game-related, I'll be sure to put it up on this here forums. Also, if there's anything you'd want me to cover, or someone you all want to communicate with in the industry, be sure to drop me a line. I'll try my best to make it happen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know (enough) Japanese (yet), @rambo793. But I do know that google translator is working up enough jibberish to translate it to a somewhat readable thing. Accurate... far from it.

I guess I should boot up Influent Japanese on Steam again. :(

私はあなたの懸念のために、十分なおかげで、英語も話せます。!

My pleasure buddy. My next stop should be reviewing the game on the PlayStation 4. Here's hoping it pans out and we are granted a review copy for our efforts :).

くそ、あなたは私をキャッチ!それはGTオートで購入できるようになります彼らの全体のワードローブと一緒にアンディ·チューダーとGT7における標準モデルとして彼のチームを含むように私の計画をされています。

I know right? I'd messaged @Jordan when we'd first started accepting questions after I obtained the official statement from Andy. Naturally, this being a GT related website he couldn't see it put up as a news post, though he did wish me luck and said the forums were the best place for it. I beat him to it, and had asked me to spread the word if he could. But perhaps if you folks chimed in...;)

Anyway, I just want to say that I hope to be doing more of such work in the future. So, if there's anything automotive game-related, I'll be sure to put it up on this here forums. Also, if there's anything you'd want me to cover, or someone you all want to communicate with in the industry, be sure to drop me a line. I'll try my best to make it happen :)

I don't see why GTPlanet can't cover more than one game in it's news. Forza 5 got coverage before that was released. Besides I would imagine some of the input for PCars has come from these very pages so many members have a real interest in the game. Being an independent game on a budget it needs all the help it can get.

@LogiForce -- This is what I worked out of Google's translation:
Thanks for your concern, but I also speak English!

Damn, you caught me! It was my plan all along to include Andy Tudor and his team as Standard models in GT7, with their entire wardrobe which you will be able to purchase at GT Auto.
:lol:

Well, I don't know (enough) Japanese (yet), @rambo793. But I do know that google translator is working up enough jibberish to translate it to a somewhat readable thing. Accurate... far from it.

I guess I should boot up Influent Japanese on Steam again. :(
@LogiForce -- This is what I worked out of Google's translation:
Thanks for your concern, but I also speak English!

Damn, you caught me! It was my plan all along to include Andy Tudor and his team as Standard models in GT7, with their entire wardrobe which you will be able to purchase at GT Auto.
:lol:
Neither do I speak Japanese. Wolfe got it :lol:. oh, and I got modded :P

I don't see why GTPlanet can't cover more than one game in it's news. Forza 5 got coverage before that was released. Besides I would imagine some of the input for PCars has come from these very pages so many members have a real interest in the game. Being an independent game on a budget it needs all the help it can get.
I agree with you John. If Forza had some of the spotlight, so should Project CARS. Infact, it does much more.

Anyway guys, while we wait for the interview to come our way, I've managed to get a hold of a Project CARS teaser that never hit the waves. Compiled by the genius that is @JonZ and christened "Renault Reverie" by me, here's the internet's first look at this 4K beauty:

http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/project-cars-4k-renault-reverie-teaser/

Be sure to spread the word and leave your thoughts and comments on the website. After all, all our effort would be pointless if it went unnoticed. Especially with the interview coming up and all. :cheers:

Last edited:
Actually, he is pretty fluent in English. Thing is, he doesn't care. It's not a game, nor a product. It's his baby, his "vision". And because of that, he don't want to be confronted by others.
It's definitely a product. It's just not a realistic racing sim, at all. It's a car collection game and the modern implementation of car commercials/brochures, where you actually get to drive the car from the brochure.
As long as you keep that in mind, it's not a bad game IMO. 👍

It's definitely a product. It's just not a realistic racing sim, at all. It's a car collection game and the modern implementation of car commercials/brochures, where you actually get to drive the car from the brochure.
As long as you keep that in mind, it's not a bad game IMO. 👍

I agree. Kaz does not. He is the one who just see it as a vision and because ou that he doesn't take feedback into account.

Don't worry. Don't worry, it's not forgotten.
Although Andy said last weekend, his health took a turn for the worse and isn't really in tip-top shape.

I did contact him yesterday and he said he was tackling the questionnaire in bed at the time. I'll keep you guys updated.

UPDATE: Andy just sent me answers to the QnA! Though in it I'd directed a couple of questions to the Lead Producer and the Lead Audio Producer. He's forwarded the questions to them and it shouldn't be too long. If it does take too long, I may end up skipping those couple of questions and put up what we have, which is a good read anyway. Plus a few testimonials from senior funders. It's gonna be a huge article!

Last edited:
Alright! Apologies for the delay guys. Things like these happen at the back-end, someone who has to deliver gets busy and ah well, enough banter.

As promised, here's the interview with the Team of Project CARS - http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/fan-qa-project-cars-developer-team-senior-funders/

Also, if you recall, I'd mentioned that we would be chatting with a few senior funders of the game who would give us some insight into the whole development process and how Project CARS is shaping up to be. I'd intended it to be part of the original article but due to it's mammoth size, and to stop your eyes from getting tired, I'd to split it into two.

So here is the Project CARS Special Feature Part II - In Conversation with WMD Senior Members

http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/project-cars-special-pt-ii-conversation-wmd-community-seniors/

Thank you all for being a part of this. I hope I've done this justice. Also, I'm gonna have to ask you to share it as much as possible on your social media, at family gatherings, that phone conversation with your parents, your wives, everyone. We need this to get as much exposure as possible. And yes, leaving comments on the article itself would be highly appreciated :cheers:

@rambo793 Nicely done. Although maybe I should've changed the resolution on my picture to better suit a web environment. Sadly, due to my grandmother's passing I didn't have the time.

@everyone... due to that same reason I will try to answer questions, but it might take a while as I am obviously busy at the moment. I hope for your understanding. :)

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm Christiaan van Beilen. Yes, that name on the front bumper edges of the RUF GTP livery. ;)

ps. Send your condolences via PM if you want to, but don't clutter the thread with them please. :)

@rambo793 Nicely done. Although maybe I should've changed the resolution on my picture to better suit a web environment. Sadly, due to my grandmother's passing I didn't have the time.

@everyone... due to that same reason I will try to answer questions, but it might take a while as I am obviously busy at the moment. I hope for your understanding. :)

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm Christiaan van Beilen. Yes, that name on the front bumper edges of the RUF GTP livery. ;)

ps. Send your condolences via PM if you want to, but don't clutter the thread with them please. :)
Not really, I think the picture's perfect which is why I left it untouched. Had sent you a mail too buddy :cheers:

Back