The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
TBH, it looks like the T500 would tear that rig to pieces. The size and the way it folds is pretty cool. Does anybody know the OP? Is that frame rigid?

I have the same problem as you. Mine does turn off if the wheel remains idle for a while. On my box, I have the V2 version. How about you? I was thinking maybe it has to do with our version of this fan.

At least we don't have abnormally noisy fan problem that some people seem have.

If I am at iRacing for an hour or so my fan comes on for 15 minutes or so, I'm not sure which version I have but it was purchased early on.

Cool & Convenient setup:
(found on a Japanese forum)

20qdu0.jpg

Very cool rig,I really like it and it could have a great application for many. I could be wrong but on the vertical bar below the wheel is there a crack in the joint at the connection?

left888
If I am at iRacing for an hour or so my fan comes on for 15 minutes or so, I'm not sure which version I have but it was purchased early on.

Very cool rig,I really like it and it could have a great application for many. I could be wrong but on the vertical bar below the wheel is there a crack in the joint at the connection?

V5 here. :)

I just got my wheel stand pro deluxe today. I'm trying to figure out how I take off the arch on the pedals. Using the wrench I've loosened it but it's still connected by the two hinges at the rear

More slight issues,

Updated to the latest firmware but since then while the wheel is centred it feels loose.

I've also uped the the FFB from 3 to 5 (it's my first wheel so I'm just getting used to it)

I know the latest firmware did something because if the F1 rim but did it do anything else?

Are there settings I need to adjust in the PC settings??

:/

priesty try with FF at 10 in GT5 if center feels too loose for you.
Don't forget also to disable all helps (except ABS at 1) and to put the wheel in "Simulation Mode".

Having a bit of trouble setting up the wheel. Updated the firmware and drivers on the pc. Went onto project CARS and it was un-drivable using the T500 preset, something seemed to be interfering with my calibration inputs and when I went onto the track the car just reversed by itselfs even though I calibrated it and ever button was working.

So I go onto F1 2011 on the PS3 and the steering angle is way too big. I need to turn the wheel more than a full rotation to go into full lock.

Come to the conclusion my wheel is faulty.

FFB 10 and it's still sloppy in the centre, and it still re calibrates itself after around 30-45mins of use.

As only had it for Xmas I'm not sure if I go back to comet, or should I deal direct with Thrustmaster?

priesty_lfc

FFB 10 and it's still sloppy in the centre, and it still re calibrates itself after around 30-45mins of use.

As only had it for Xmas I'm not sure if I go back to comet, or should I deal direct with Thrustmaster?

See who will respond quicker. Try them both.

If it re-calibrates itself regardless of whether it's after 1 minute of use, 2 hours or even 2 days (if you keep it continuously plugged into the one game you're playing), it shouldn't recalibrate. It should only do that upon exit or re-starting the PS3 or the game.

I've had mine close to a week and has been flawless- the wheel, the TH8RS shifter and the pedal. The brake pedal squeaks when pushed hard but nowhere as loud as my G25's.

If it re-calibrates itself regardless of whether it's after 1 minute of use, 2 hours or even 2 days (if you keep it continuously plugged into the one game you're playing), it shouldn't recalibrate. It should only do that upon exit or re-starting the PS3 or the game.

I've had mine close to a week and has been flawless- the wheel, the TH8RS shifter and the pedal. The brake pedal squeaks when pushed hard but nowhere as loud as my G25's.

The squeak is either the hinge pin or the brake mod spring. Whichever it may be, a little penetrating oil will fix it right up.

I've been practicing on my own and it hasn't done it since and it seems fine.

I'm wondering if it's because of doing the licences, since Xmas that's all I've been doing as I wanted to get used to it. I wonder if the constant on of actions cause some kind of issue?

Having a bit of trouble setting up the wheel. Updated the firmware and drivers on the pc. Went onto project CARS and it was un-drivable using the T500 preset, something seemed to be interfering with my calibration inputs and when I went onto the track the car just reversed by itselfs even though I calibrated it and ever button was working.

So I go onto F1 2011 on the PS3 and the steering angle is way too big. I need to turn the wheel more than a full rotation to go into full lock.

Easy to solve 👍

p.C.A.R.S - PC

In the Game in "CONTROLS / T500 RS PRESET” just press “K” to calibrate the wheel. It will calculate “RANGE” and “STEERING LOCK”.
Just make sure that your "Steering Lock" is the same than your rotation angle in "T500 RS Control Panel"

During race you can also press F1 to modify lot of input settings.
There is an official forum for T500 & p.C.A.R.S here (this wheel is very popular on this community as many "Top 10 Racers" use T500 especially with F1 Wheel):
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?149-Thrustmaster-T500RS/page11

Example of good settings found on this forum:
In "T500 Control Panel":
- 1080° or 900° or 540° or 360°
- Overall Strength of forces 60%
- Constant 100%
- Periodic 100%
- Spring 100%
- Damper 100%
- Auto-Center by the game.

In game:
- Force Feedback 50
- Steering Deadzone 0
- Steering Sensitivity 50
- Speed Sensitivity 0
- Steering lock 1080° or 900° or 540° or 360°
- Steering Damper Saturation 10

F1 2011 - PC

In "T500 Control Panel":
- put angle rotation at “270°”

In the game :
• In “MY F1/DRIVING CONTROLS”:
- “CONTROL PROFILE”: Choose "Thrustmaster T500RS”
- “ADVANCED WHEEL SEETINGS”: Set all settings (Deadzone + Saturation + Linearity) at 0%
- “OVERRIDE INPUT DEVICE TYPE” : Choose “Steering Wheel” (this point is very important)

• In “DRIVING ASSISTS”:
Put every helps (Brake/ABS/Traction Control) on “OFF”

Last edited:
What does every one wear using the t500 peadles ? Socks , trainers etc ?

Socks are just fine for me. Yet, they tend to go from all white to all black after a few hours. I blame the new plate. Well...I tried cleaning the plate but it didn't help much. :D

Back