The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Were there FFB changes in 1.07? I run my T500 at FFB 3 also, anything more feels unrealistically hard to steer. I haven't played GT6 since Feb. and picked it back up yesterday and noticed it felt a lot better than I last remembered it so I'm wondering if there's been some changes in the FFB since I last played it in Feb.
It was probably just a different car... The FFB varies hugely depending on the type of car.

It was probably just a different car... The FFB varies hugely depending on the type of car.

Yep, I do 3 or 4 depending on FR/MR/RR, up to 7 for FF, and some AWD/4WD I'll do 5 or 6.
Its been all over the board for different drivetrains since at least the first couple of updates.

Ahh ok, well. I don't epxect every car to give the exact same FFB. One car I drove felt very light on FFB and another felt very heavy, I wanted to believe its just because some cars have heavier steering than others but I didn't spend a lot of time with various cars. I've never liked more than 5 FFB with my T500 regardless of the car when I last played in Feb.

I got the pedal that eKretz posted earlier...
V91ftC5tVqFfthF0o6jSfovYyo1Gkq0ZKWbR-rBmk7ts=w816-h826-no

I chose to use them with the stock throttle pedal, as the way I want the brake ended up pinching my foot a bit when I go to heel-toe-ing. Other than that though these are what I look for. I sorta switch between left foot brake and right foot brake depends on car and whether I need to shift or not, so having extra brake pedal area to work with makes it a lot easier....

Looks good; would it help to flip the stock spacer (they aren't symmetrical top to bottom) our the pedal itself (holes are slightly offset top to bottom also) at all to prevent pinching? Maybe adding an extra flat spacer or some washers behind the stock spacer could help you dial it in where you prefer it.

One of the probs you run into in GT position is the raised lip on the T500's diamond plate.

I wanted to lower my accelerator pedal (stock) even further...
...for good heel-toe positioning, but couldn't because of the lip.

so I ended up raising the brake pedal and lowering the accelerator to compensate.
Yes, like eKretz says, play with the spacers as they are not symmetrical, washers help.

The pedals by @eKretz look very nice installed! :cheers:

I will be trying a few more configurations then. They are really nicely made though, has that nice brushed look to them. Pricing is reasonable as well.

I'd rather have the Bodin Load Cell. Less expensive, easier to install, and it won't void my warranty.

I've started to occasionally get a clicking sound when I turn my wheel during racing in GT6. I tried Googling but couldn't find anyone else with a similar issue. It's no big deal, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their T500RS?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this will be a bit Offtopic but as I can't find any Thrustmater TX thread, and if not neccessary I don't want to open one, so I decided to ask my question here. As I know the T500 and the TX are a bit similar, so maybe you can give me an answer.

I've got a DIY seq shifter, made from an E69 BMW shifter. I've used it with my Fanatec PWGT2 via PS/2 connection, and with CSW via RJ11 connection directly. As I see, there is a PS/2 connection on the TX too, but I wonder if anyone has a wiring draw or picture about the electronical part. Also interested, how can I map the DIY shifter in the driver.

Thank you for your help, and sorry about the offtopic.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this will be a bit Offtopic but as I can't find any Thrustmater TX thread, and if not neccessary I don't want to open one, so I decided to ask my question here. As I know the T500 and the TX are a bit similar, so maybe you can give me an answer.

I've got a DIY seq shifter, made from an E69 BMW shifter. I've used it with my Fanatec PWGT2 via PS/2 connection, and with CSW via RJ11 connection directly. As I see, there is a PS/2 connection on the TX too, but I wonder if anyone has a wiring draw or picture about the electronical part. Also interested, how can I map the DIY shifter in the driver.

Thank you for your help, and sorry about the offtopic.

The shifter port on the TX is not yet enabled.

Which do you need? The switches on the base or the F1 rim switches?

It's my fault John is out and if you really need them quickly I can send you a set and you can work out payment with John separately. Just contact m through my site or PM me here.

Hi, mrbasher, I need these paddle switches for my base too. I have already sent you an email via the support form 2 days ago and I PMed you yesterday too. Anyone know how else I can get hold of mrbasher?

Hi, mrbasher, I need these paddle switches for my base too. I have already sent you an email via the support form 2 days ago and I PMed you yesterday too. Anyone know how else I can get hold of mrbasher?

He might be a bit busy with new family addition.
This @mrbasher tag may help too.
I am sure he'll soon be in touch.

Last edited:
Except unlike the Bodin load cell mod you can actually buy this one. I have never once seen the Bodin in stock.

As far as never finding them in stock goes, I'm in the enviable position of having a product that that's so in-demand that they sell out within hours anytime I post new stock for purchase. Also, when I make new stock available, I usually notify people here, on the iRacing forums, on the ISR forums, and via my Twitter feed that new stock has been posted -- and if I'm not too over-loaded with real-world work and family stuff, I usually try to send out personal e-mail notifications to those people who have asked to be notified when new stock is available.

If you bothered paying attention to my posts here, on the ISR forums, on the iRacing forums, or on my Twitter feed, you'd know that I am currently in the process of selling my house and building a new home, so my workbench and all my parts stock is packed away, and I am on a production hiatus. I hope to be able to gear-up for production within a few months, but I have parts on-hand (but unfortunately in storage) to produce another 20 units or so as soon as I'm able to set up a new work area for assembly.

Aside from the production hiatus, Bodin Solutions and the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod are still alive and well.

As for the Ricmotech mod, it looks interesting, and I actually considered basing my design on the same type of load cell that they're using, but the cost and potential durability issues drove me to use what I deemed to be a more sturdy beam-type design (the load cells I use are industrial beam-type load cells; the "load cells" used by Fanatec are more properly categorized as "bathroom scale"-type units, FWIW). I believe Ricmotech is using the same load cell used in the TSW load cell application, FWIW, so it's certainly not unproven, but I seem to recall it being quite expensive, and thus unsuitable for what I was trying to produce at the price point I was aiming for.

That said, I find it interesting how Ricmotech is able to almost meet my price point using that part. Maybe they're purchasing the units in higher volumes than I had planned for my purchases, but it does make me wonder how long their "discount" price will remain in effect.

I'd lend a hand, but I only have F1 switches on-hand at the moment (my stock on the Bodin Solutions site shows zero, but I think I have 3 spare sets packed away at the moment).

:(

I'd lend a hand, but I only have F1 switches on-hand at the moment (my stock on the Bodin Solutions site shows zero, but I think I have 3 spare sets packed away at the moment).

:(

Unfortunately, I don't have the F1 rim, only the GT rim. These factory parts that Thrustmaster used are really low quality. I don't race as frequently as you guys do and even with my relatively very infrequent usage, the paddle shifter switch managed to break down? I have only raced 100 hours on Assetto Corsa, plus say another 20 hours on other racing games. Goodness gracious, one would have expected better quality from such an expensive wheel.

Quick question for you guys. I'm thinking about saving up and buying an Obutto Ozone or R3volution and it looks like some of you have these. I know this is T500 thread but do any of you know if mounting my TX would be a problem on either of them? If this is the wrong place to ask I'm sorry in advance.:)

Quick question for you guys. I'm thinking about saving up and buying an Obutto Ozone or R3volution and it looks like some of you have these. I know this is T500 thread but do any of you know if mounting my TX would be a problem on either of them? If this is the wrong place to ask I'm sorry in advance.:)

I have T500 with Obutto and the regular mount works fine, however I would not recommend the Ozone, the seat is very tight and the pedal plate is very narrow and there is no much room for your legs because of the bars at the sides, the revolution would be a better choice but since I haven´t tested it I cannot promise anything, I would also suggest you look at Rseat.

Last edited:
I have T500 with Obutto and the regular mount works fine, however I would not recommend the Ozone, the seat is very tight and the pedal plate is very narrow and there is no much room for your legs because of the bars at the sides, the revolution would be a better choice but since I haven´t tested it I cannot promise anything, I would also suggest you look at Rseat.
Thanks for the reply. I'm 6'2" so I'm a little worried about fit. I've been interested in the revolution for a long time but man $890 is high for me.:lol:

This is my hydraulic brake mod I have recently fitted :) this is the first prototype which is why there are so many mounting positions for the cylinder.
This mod is a direct bolt on with no modification to the original peddle required :)
The effect is very good, it gives a very progressive feel and the difference between the hard and soft mounting positions gives a good selection of pressure settings.
image.jpg

Wow, Cyber_stig_77! That looks highly interesting. Are you planning to offer this mod for purchase at some point?

Really cool!

Dave

Back