Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
480x270_165048.jpg

The Time-Extend Podcast!

Join hosts Adam Ismail and Brendan Rorrison as they discuss the latest news in racing games, as well as the long history of the genre with a different featured topic every two weeks. From arcade to sim to retro, Time Extend covers it all.

Available on: Soundcloud | iTunes | Stitcher | PodTail | Spotify

A new episode every 2 weeks!

Now on YouTube!

We're also open to feedback too and if there's anywhere else you'd like to be able to listen...just let us know!

Last edited:
(Incase anyone is curious) we will be recording the podcast next week as @glassjaw has other priorities to take care of. 👍

Episode 4 is now live!

004 | Rallying Against Rally: After a brief and sickly hiatus, the guys celebrate the return of Burnout, are confused by the return of V-Rally, and ponder what it will take to return their enthusiasm for a bloated genre.

What's the song that plays in through the break?

Though actually speaking about the episode: you know what I want in a rally game?

Actually interesting country locales.

I have been playing DiRT 2 again, and Malaysia in that game is fantastic because it is a location that is done so rarely in rally games: a tropical location that is muddy and bright.

I am tired of Wales and Sweden. Give me some new places that can act as facsimilies.

Though actually speaking about the episode: you know what I want in a rally game?

Actually interesting country locales.

I have been playing DiRT 2 again, and Malaysia in that game is fantastic because it is a location that is done so rarely in rally games: a tropical location that is muddy and bright.

I am tired of Wales and Sweden. Give me some new places that can act as facsimilies.
It's a very good point. In general, off-road games play it too safe and I think it's time for a change. Forget sub-genres like Gymkhana, get some more interesting countries in there to try out!

It's a very good point. In general, off-road games play it too safe and I think it's time for a change. Forget sub-genres like Gymkhana, get some more interesting countries in there to try out!

That is why I like DiRT 2's choices for locations for rally. Places that do have some rally history, and are rarely explored, but are awesome nonetheless.

Still wanna know what the song is that plays through the break. ;)

That is why I like DiRT 2's choices for locations for rally. Places that do have some rally history, and are rarely explored, but are awesome nonetheless.

Still wanna know what the song is that plays through the break. ;)
Paging @glassjaw ... :D

Adam takes care of the post-prod so should be able to help you out. 👍

Listen to 005 | Unreleased Racers Vol. 1 by Time Extend #np on #SoundCloud

Episode 5 is now live!

Hypotheticals abound this week as the guys wonder what Wipeout's VR update bodes for the series' future, what success a Blur sequel might've achieved, and what if Nintendo took a stab at Gran Turismo. Fair warning: Recording issues dogged this one, so we apologize for inconsistent and quiet audio

Before watching the episode, I have to say: did you talk about Genki's Fast And The Furious title that they made alongside Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3?

Before watching the episode, I have to say: did you talk about Genki's Fast And The Furious title that they made alongside Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3?

We were going to and then the discussion about the games we did talk about ended up being so long that we are saving it for next show. Well not the next episode we do, but the next time we return to unreleased games.

We were going to and then the discussion about the games we did talk about ended up being so long that we are saving it for next show. Well not the next episode we do, but the next time we return to unreleased games.

Yeah, I find that probably the most interesting unreleased racing game, even more then Blur 2. It would have probably been a massive departure from what Genki was making at the time, when they were pretty set in the TXR mold.

Technically, TXR might be one of the first legitimately open-world racers, now that I think about it. But the F&F game looked like the more modern examples we see today, with a city to explore, set event types to drive to, and shops to visit. Genki was very well gifted in terms of making linear, physics-first racers, but a sprawling open world and story (especially back in the early 2000s) seems out of their wheelhouse, so I'm not surprised it got canned.

006 | GT's Fictional Tracks: A strange news week leaves Adam and Brendan trying to make sense of all those Forza leaks, an unreleased car-themed Mario title, and Gran Turismo's legacy of fictional circuits.

The gremlins have been squashed, the audio quality of episode 6 is much better than those before it. 👍

Listen to 008 | Sega Ranting System by Time Extend #np on #SoundCloud

008 | Sega Ranting System:
For as positive as we try to be on Time Extend, things can't always be blue, blue skies. Disappointing impressions of The Crew 2 give way to uncertainty about Onrush's longevity, and bewilderment at one of Sega's worst racers ever.

009 | Free Practice: It's a freewheeling pod for those slow summer months when all the best racing games feel as though they're months away. The boys chat about everything from Codies' recent turmoil to why Namco's Go Vacation may or may not be a suitable stand-in for Ridge Racer.

010 | To Horizon & Back With Kyle Patrick: The biggest racing game of 2018 is here! What better way to ring it in than with GTPlanet’s Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm), who joins us for a deep dive into the wonder that is Forza Horizon 4. Don’t worry, though, we still find time to talk about Dirt Rally 2.0 and the biggest racing game of 2019: Virtua Racing on the Switch

011 | Passione Rossa: Brend's excited about a little indie racer called Grip, the boys talk about GT Sport's promising European Final and end by delving into another offbeat Dreamcast racer based around a certain legendary automotive marque.

Thanks! The art for the first 10 episodes was Auto Modellista themed, this phase is R4, and then who knows what the next one will be? I love it when podcasts update their art from time to time so I'm trying to do the same.

So I just now got into your Podcast and I wish I had found it so much sooner. I love it when you cover old games, it brings back so many good memories.

My fist listen was your latest episode on R4 and R.R.R. 2019 (and I bought the album, I really appreciate Andrew trying to bring the R4 spirit back in some shape or form). I played a lot of R4 and I could relate so much to what you guys liked about it. However, I’m surprised you didn’t have stronger feelings about the teams! Although I like the style and performance of RTS cars, I liked racing for DRT and felt a sense of purpose when I raced for them. Poor ol discount Bob Saget was always gloomy about the budget and getting no support and I was like “don’t worry, I’ll drive my ass off and everything will be fine!”

Keep up the good work, I really like listening to you guys. I’d love to talk to you guys about the old days of dial up racing. I participated in the online multiplayer beta of Need for Speed: High Stakes. The racing could be laggy but it was mostly satisfying, and the other racers were good people. If my aunt Holly called the house phone while I was racing though, it could hurt my world ranking!

So I just now got into your Podcast and I wish I had found it so much sooner. I love it when you cover old games, it brings back so many good memories.

My fist listen was your latest episode on R4 and R.R.R. 2019 (and I bought the album, I really appreciate Andrew trying to bring the R4 spirit back in some shape or form). I played a lot of R4 and I could relate so much to what you guys liked about it. However, I’m surprised you didn’t have stronger feelings about the teams! Although I like the style and performance of RTS cars, I liked racing for DRT and felt a sense of purpose when I raced for them. Poor ol discount Bob Saget was always gloomy about the budget and getting no support and I was like “don’t worry, I’ll drive my ass off and everything will be fine!”

Keep up the good work, I really like listening to you guys. I’d love to talk to you guys about the old days of dial up racing. I participated in the online multiplayer beta of Need for Speed: High Stakes. The racing could be laggy but it was mostly satisfying, and the other racers were good people. If my aunt Holly called the house phone while I was racing though, it could hurt my world ranking!
Thanks for the kind words mate! It really does mean a lot. Our listernship has expanded quite a bit since partnering with GTPlanet but feedback has been a bit limitied. So your comments are taken onboard for sure. 👍

No prob, good to hear more people are listening. To give more feedback, I’d like to say I really like it when you do commentary on soundtracks and play relevant songs in between the dialog. Makes for a really good listen.

Back