The Train Wreck Thread

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 47 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we are a pantheistic society again I was kind of thinking Anoia from the Terry Pratchett novels would be suited to a modern society. She's the goddess of awkwardly-shaped kitchen implements getting stuck and preventing drawers from opening. People offer oaths to her every day.

I purchased some t shirts from the discworld shoppe and asked them to get Anoia to bless it for me.

_20191006_150550.JPG

I had no idea. RIP. I was just talking with some mates last night about what a great drummer he was.

Anoia is only an Assistant Patron Goddess by rank so I imagine she has peers who aren't mentioned in the books which cover "dad drawers" full of left over keys, spare nuts and bolts etc.

Baker was a great drummer, returning to his jazz roots towards the end of his career.
My favorite, Hal Blaine, studied jazz and big band greats Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich, but put himself through music school drumming at a nearby strip club in Chicago.

Yes, that's the fierce one who divides, conquers and enslaves us with fear, punishment and compulsion. The 2nd god is the source of the consciousness that links us all together, frees us from the first one, and enables us to have a much better time and experience on Earth.

Check out this trippy interview having to do with consciousness and investigating higher reality. And thanks for your post.

This is very interesting.

I had pretty weird experiences with non-psychedellic prescription meds that made me question reality and consciousness so can only imagine how people were feeling during/after these "trips".

I purchased some t shirts from the discworld shoppe and asked them to get Anoia to bless it for me.

View attachment 855724
My most recent purchase was a ferry boat ticket. From the deck could be seen whales. These beautiful animals, free but endangered, are said to be endowed with consciousness. They are a slice of god, and are food to the Japanese and some native tribes of my state. I eat salmon, pigs and cows, but they are not conscious. Or are they?

Last edited:
Just so I can keep up....why do you argue they aren't conscious?
As a rhetorical engagement, I questioned the consciousness of animals, but made no clear argument. Of course they are conscious. The other day I witnessed ants doing what might be construed as altruism.

Well, a strict materialist would say that. :D But here in the 2nd god thread we are explicitly dealing with pantheism, pandeism, panpsychism, taoism and the like which deal with consciousness in everything, right down to atomic particles and right up to the entire universe. Why should broccoli be excepted?

Well, a strict materialist would say that. :D But here in the 2nd god thread we are explicitly dealing with pantheism, pandeism, panpsychism, taoism and the like which deal with consciousness in everything, right down to atomic particles and right up to the entire universe. Why should broccoli be excepted?
This sounds like a load of Shintō to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami

But here in the 2nd god thread we are explicitly dealing with pantheism, pandeism, panpsychism, taoism and the like which deal with consciousness in everything, right down to atomic particles and right up to the entire universe. Why should broccoli be excepted?

Then why ask the question if you want to explain that the answer isn't one accepted by conventional science? The facts remain that plants are not conscious but animals are. At a very basic level it's part of the nominative difference.

In other news, is anyone else becoming strangely addicted to the Great Model Railway Challenge? Just me? Okay :)

Then why ask the question if you want to explain that the answer isn't one accepted by conventional science? The facts remain that plants are not conscious but animals are. At a very basic level it's part of the nominative difference.

In other news, is anyone else becoming strangely addicted to the Great Model Railway Challenge? Just me? Okay :)

Apparently you want to turn this into a train wreck thread and away from a philosophical discussion of consciousness as it affects our beliefs and place in the universe. I understand why. Very well, you win the battle, your wish is granted and it's time to celebrate! :cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back