"The True-Blood Racer by Pitracer100 (New Chapter 7)

Chance2012
"The True-Blood Racer"
July 15, 2005
My name is Koshiko.I just moved out my Mom's house into my own apartment by Tokyo. Racing is in my blood. My dad ,Ichiro, was a professional drifter. He was until a fatal accident on the Japanese highway killed him. He was in his prized 350Z. He was racing some ricer when witnesses say the ricer spun him out. The guy was on the run when he murdered my dad. The feds found him hiding in a motel. I faced him in the courtroom and he got the full sentence of 16 years with no parole. Now my dad's fortune has been given to my Mom and I 50/50. Now I can buy my first car and start what I was born to do. Race.

Toyota Supra RZ 1997
FR
Roughly 30,000 miles on the clock.Turbo upgrade 513HP. New spoiler and custom rims!
Selling for 1,900,000 yen.

img0015mg.jpg

Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M.E 2000
4WD
A nice bargain stock car and 282HP. 31,000 miles on gauge. Oil also changed!!
Selling for 1,850,000 yen.

img0016r.jpg

300 ZX 2-seater 89'
FR
A sharp car for its age, kept clean, 305HP almost 55,000 miles on clock. New oil custom spoiler and rims!
Selling for 1,368,616 yen.

img0018tj.jpg

Lotus Espirit V8-GT 1998
MR
A foreign car to these parts of Japan but we are selling.
352 HP, kept clean, almost 30,000 miles on the clock.
Selling for 5,000,000 yen.

The Espirit caught my eye and I dialed up the number and a lady answered the phone and said
???,"Hello"
Koshiko," I am calling for the Espirit."
Lady," You were the first to call, I'll give you my address."

A hour later...I caught the bus there with my suitcase with the Yen.
A lady was outside
Lady," Are you the guy who wanted the Espirit."
Koshiko," Yeah!"
Lady," Where is the Yen?"
Koshiko handed the lady the suitcase full of yen from his dad's glory days.
She looked in the suitcase and smiled.
She tossed the keys to me and pointed to the car. There it was with all its beuaty just like in the magazine. I unlocked the door. I cranked the car up and its engine purred. I looked at the lady for a last time and floored it.

Last edited:
Nice story. Good solid beginning. Personally the Supra sounded like the best deal to me but hey, it's your story.

An Esprit for around €30-35,000? A bargain!

Whats the problem?

problem. i keep seeing these stories of a racing father dying and a kid hitting it rich with the money his pop left. i would have went with a different or original introduction, rather than this generic Fast and the Furious or Redline 'father died in racing accident theme'. the only difference in your vs. others is that you didn't pick a JDM car but went with a Lotus. though a guy did have the Volvo Estate in another story i read over. the Lotus instead of the Japanese car makes sense if the dude is in Japan and not to custom to seeing or passing up on an Espirit! i'll check in periodically to see how the rest unfolds.

You do have to give him a 👍 because of the fact that his character is not an unbeatable JDM driver. That's much more worse.

It's not how the story begins that makes it a good or bad one, it's how the story unfolds that makes the difference between a good or a bad one.

There isn't much material to work with in GT4 to make a story. So it will seem repetitive. But this just the third story I see is different than the rest, along with the story of the Volvo (The Race Begins in 5th.) and mine (The Biography of Charles Williams).

If we had to count how many japanese inspired stories have been created (including those clearly inspired by Initial D), then you would get crazy. Especially since almost all of them have an underground racer. 👎

Anyways, go on, Pitracer100, I'm looking forward to reading more. 👍 You are using dates, too! Great! I hope you don't have trouble with that, sometimes you may get a little dizzy. :ill: Nice to see you went for a Lotus too, it won't disappoint!

it's the whole realm and concept of it i guess and not just Pitracer's either. i never in my wildest dreams since playing Gran Turismo ever thought to draw up a fiction story of this sort. i should say any game actually. could you imagine if someone where to do this same thing with a sports title game. 'after pop died i gave up on my football dreams but what do you know at the funeral Jerry Jones and some Cowboys exec's offerd they're prayers and also informed that i'd be the 1st round 1st pick...' and so on. the way i see it its either complete boredom with the game, or fascination of the game, or something. it seems to be a trend so kudos i guess and yes he gets a thumbs up i just dislike this whole 'father dies things' then the kid is rich. im a father and if someone threw out a father and child race duo story that would be more original and worth a read or two

Initial D?

That is original to a point, but completely stupid (invencible 18 year old, beating a S2000 of a much superior driver with an inferior AE86), and at best, mediocre.

how original is it when there's no reality or major indifference in the stories? and there are ways for an AE86 to beat or run with an S2000, the 2 cars can use the same motor and trsnny that being the F20C found in the AP1, fits in the AE just fine, but no i wouldn't had read a story of some punk 18 kid beating real drivers, less his AE86 was tuned and even if he'd have to be Kyle Busch rookie year good.

. 'after pop died i gave up on my football dreams but what do you know at the funeral Jerry Jones and some Cowboys exec's offerd they're prayers and also informed that i'd be the 1st round 1st pick...'

Don't we all want that to happen!:dopey:
An Esprit for around €30-35,000? A bargain!
Yup. Can't find an Espirit cheaper than that and the Espirit and Koshiko might lose so stay tuned!:)

Initial D?

That is original to a point, but completely stupid (invencible 18 year old, beating a S2000 of a much superior driver with an inferior AE86), and at best, mediocre.

It isn't even very original - there have been 'racer' (and even 'super racer') stories for longer than that in comics.

And yes, Initial D isn't all that good. Flat characters, ditto storyline and the art hasn't improved even after a long time either.

(That said, it did inspire a lot of racing stuff in Japan - had fun taking on some local Japanese kids on the 'Initial D Stage 4' arcade when I was there - guess I must've been a bit of an oddity, foreigner who knew his way around a Japanese race game.)

With regards to the comic though, a better tip to read would be "Over Rev!" - as a racing manga it's a lot better, the characters are more fun imho, and the author actually seems to know a fair bit about race technique. More racing, less soapy, even if it's hardly high literature, of course.

Chapter 2
The Tune- Up

A short chapter:nervous:
July 16,2005

After I made my way back home I thought it was time to get a couple of upgrades for my Espirit. I made my way over to the tuning garage. When I made it to the garage the cashier of the garage asked
Cashier, Name
Koshiko, Koshiko Mamuta
Cashier, What kind of car?
Koshiko, Lotus...
Cashier, A Lotus!!! What kind?!!
Koshiko, Um, a Espirit V8-GT 1998.
Cashier, We have Sanctioned a race at the Test Course the fastest car wins! Also, the winner gets a free car! It is sure to not dissapoint! Just sign this form. Just say you know Damion Yamada. That is me.
Koshiko, O.K. Can I get a sports exhaust a wing and oil change.
Damion, Sure I will give you a discount. 250,000 yen.
Koshiko handed over the yen.
Damion, This tune-up should take about a hour.
Koshiko dreamed of the car he could win could it be a NSX, a Skyline, Evo, some foriegn car.

An hour later...
Koshiko turns and heads for Tokyo R246...:)

img0042o.jpg

This is a clue of the 2nd place winner prize car. I will not verify if this is the right car. You will see a few chapters down the story...:)
Thanks again Nenad and SVX good to see I have new readers!

Great, now this is gonna turn into another "Guess-a-Car" thread.

Back