The Ultimate Street Car Challenge (Restarted)

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 114 comments
Crayola
Is it just me or is this game just A BIT biased toward the Ford GT?

have to agree fully, in real life these tests were done many times over and the result s would be very diffrent, the GT would be much lower in position, the AC should not be that high up in the list, even with traction control, it spins its wheels in THIRD GEAR (crazy). the RGT should be much higher up due to engine position, it should fly off the line, the mitsi MR should be a hell of alot quicker, in fact, its one of the fastest cars off the line, id say it should kill the saleen and viper, (a test was done in top gear against the zonda and the MR only lost due to zonda's higher power, but off the line the MR butchered it). but what the hell am i talking about this is a game.

nitroice0069
Crayola, GT4 seems to be favoring the Ford GT it did in a similar test I did where it also won. My Test

JamEs

Very nicely done test there, nitroice!👍 Especially liked the cost factor thrown in. But why was there a Chapperall in the test, especially against "only" supercars? And how did your (apparently stock) GT go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds?!:eek:

Small_Fryz
Where is a skyline?

The Vspec II N1 is the best

I chose not to use one because they are the most overated, overtested, and overly worshipped land-barges here. I, for the most part, detest them; this is why you don't see one. :D

Let the flaming insue. :lol:

Jetboy

In stock form, yes, the Skyline is just annother underpowered sports car from japan, just like the NSX and Supra. But what skyline fans apreciate is the fact that the RB26 is capable of producing rediculous amounts of power and the AWD allows it to handle all that power better than any 2WD vehicle ever could. with a little tinkering the Skyline becomes a very impresive supercar. Actualy more so a muscle car, in my opinion.

[EDIT]
Although the skyline is just as deserving of being in this test as the GTO. Both of which I love, and neither of which are REALLY supercars.

Thanks Jetboys! The Chaparral was thrown in as a request by another member. I used an auto tranny because I didn't want to be the cause of any mistakes. (though If I remember correctly the GT doesn't shift going to 60). All of the cars also had an oil change and I didn't have the traction control up as high. I pulled around that time repeatedly too.

JamEs

nitroice0069
Thanks Jetboys! The Chaparral was thrown in as a request by another member. I used an auto tranny because I didn't want to be the cause of any mistakes. (though If I remember correctly the GT doesn't shift going to 60). All of the cars also had an oil change and I didn't have the traction control up as high. I pulled around that time repeatedly too.

JamEs
Amazing. *Shakes head in an unbelieving way* My personal best was the 3.066 run, but then again, none of the tested vehicles have the oil changed, except the Mustang and the Speed Six Cerbera.

@ inferno: I suppose you do have a point there...the GTO, Monaro, and FPV all are in the same league as the Skyline... But then, there's the 350Z already in my test, which more than makes up for its lagging accelerative abilities (with regards to this crew) with its buttery-smooth handleing. I cannot wait to try out these cars on the Nur, Monaco, and HK. I am sure there will be some suprises.

Oh, and by the way, I am dropping the 0-100-0 test, and possibly even the Standing Mile... It's relatively time consuming and very tricky to nail perfectly. (From what I had tested--only 5 cars-- the car to beat was either the Saleen or the Audi LeMans. The GT's notorious brakes couldn't save it this time.) :dopey:

Jetboys427
Amazing. *Shakes head in an unbelieving way* My personal best was the 3.066 run, but then again, none of the tested vehicles have the oil changed, except the Mustang and the Speed Six Cerbera.

@ inferno: I suppose you do have a point there...the GTO, Monaro, and FPV all are in the same league as the Skyline... But then, there's the 350Z already in my test, which more than makes up for its lagging accelerative abilities (with regards to this crew) with its buttery-smooth handleing. I cannot wait to try out these cars on the Nur, Monaco, and HK. I am sure there will be some suprises.

Oh, and by the way, I am dropping the 0-100-0 test, and possibly even the Standing Mile... It's relatively time consuming and very tricky to nail perfectly. (From what I had tested--only 5 cars-- the car to beat was either the Saleen or the Audi LeMans. The GT's notorious brakes couldn't save it this time.) :dopey:

woohoo, my favourite, good luck with it mate.

Ok kiddies... here's one of the big ones, and nothing was left on the table.

Top Speed​

Besides speed, there is a second catagory that may be slightly helpful: What happened that the car reached this speed. The number will be marked by parenthesis aside from the speed column and explained at the bottom.

1. TVR Speed 12.
231 mph (1)

2. Merc-Benz SLR.
225 (2)

3. Ford GT '05
219 (2)

4. Saleen S7
218 (3)

5. Audi LeMans Quattro
217 (3)

6. Zonda C12S
202 (2)

7. Viper SRT-10
201 (3)

8. Ruf RGT
193 (3)

9. Lotus Esprit V8
192 (1)

10. TVR Cerbera Speed Six
191 (3)

11. Aston Martin Vanquish
191 (3)

12. Callaway C12
191 (3)

13. Corvette ZO6
189 (3)

14. Merc-Benz CLK55
189 (3)

15. Mustang SVT Cobra R
184 (2)

16. Honda NSX Type R
183 (3)

17. BMW M3 GTR
180 (3)

18. Nissan 350Z (GT4)
177 (3)

19. FPV GT
177 (2)

20. Jaguar XK-R
176 (3)

21. AC Cars 427 S/C
175 (1)

22. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
173 (3)

23. Holden Monaro CV8
171 (3)

24. Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR
170 (1)

25. Subaru WRX STi
168 (3)

26. Pontiac GTO
159 (3)

Categories​

1. Electronically Goverened (Including Engine limiters and too short gearing for power)

2. Track Limited (Even a 6 mile oval is too short. These cars were still measurably accelerating.)

3. Aerodynamically Limited (True top speed, when air resistance overcomes engine power and gearing.)

As expected, the TVR obliterated any record I had set before in a stock vehicle, and, of course, the Ford left a sizeable mark with the tune of 219 mph. (IRL the speed is a more "tame" 200.1 mph.) Despite more power and an ample shape, the GTO came nothing near the Holden. :confused: The AC finally finished towards the back, albiet still putting down 175 in the process.

Average speed for the entire field: 190.1 mph. Sounds like it's a fine time for race qualifying.

Next up: Trial runs at Hong Kong Speedway.

Jetboy

Jetboys427
As expected, the TVR obliterated any record I had set before in a stock vehicle
Jetboy

:D

I hope you have gotten used to the Speed 12's throttle to give it respectable times on the track as well. I think it would be a nice addition to drive each of these around the track with the sport tires you are using, then with race tires. That is probably too much work, though.

I could do that, but I would have to drop one of the tracks....plus I'll need funding. Special Conditions, Easy challenge 2, here I come. :D

EDIT: Meh, scratch that. I'll keep the intended plan of HK, Monaco, and the Nurb.

Jetboys427
I could do that, but I would have to drop one of the tracks....plus I'll need funding. Special Conditions, Easy challenge 2, here I come. :D

EDIT: Meh, scratch that. I'll keep the intended plan of HK, Monaco, and the Nurb.

I could help you out on some of this. It may take a bit, but I can run them on HK and Monaco...I really need some credits...:lol: I would run them on Nurb as well, but I'm really not that consistent there, ever. :lol: I always seem to 🤬 up with anything other than a race car or low powered car. I do amazingly well with the Mercedes DTM though. :sly:

Oh BTW the skyline Vspec-II Nür is faster around a track than the EVO VIII GSR MR and the STI Spec C

Ebiggs
I could help you out on some of this. It may take a bit, but I can run them on HK and Monaco...I really need some credits...:lol: I would run them on Nurb as well, but I'm really not that consistent there, ever. :lol: I always seem to 🤬 up with anything other than a race car or low powered car. I do amazingly well with the Mercedes DTM though. :sly:
Nah, I'll take care of it myself, but thanks for the offer...

And for the last, blasted time, I am not placing the Skyline in! :D

_kamikazefly_
have to agree fully, in real life these tests were done many times over and the result s would be very diffrent, the GT would be much lower in position, the AC should not be that high up in the list, even with traction control, it spins its wheels in THIRD GEAR (crazy). the RGT should be much higher up due to engine position, it should fly off the line, the mitsi MR should be a hell of alot quicker, in fact, its one of the fastest cars off the line, id say it should kill the saleen and viper, (a test was done in top gear against the zonda and the MR only lost due to zonda's higher power, but off the line the MR butchered it). but what the hell am i talking about this is a game.
Yer, in game any AWD cars should obliterate 0-60s and 400ms because unlike in real life you dont have to worry about destorying the drivetrain when doing 8000K starts.

One of the First Trial Runs:

Hong Kong​

Easily one of the candidates for worst track in the game, this speedway is quoted as to having "No traceable rythm at all." Alleys are tight, but the turns are tighter, but, once again, no suprises here... except for maybe first. I think my b-specie mastered the Speed 12!!! :eek::nervous::scared:

1. Speed 12
1'27.288

2. Audi LeMans
1'27.374

3. Ford GT
1'27.941

4. Zonda C12S
1'28.109

5. Saleen S7
1'28.759

6. Merc-Benz SLR
1'30.076

7. Viper SRT-10
1'31.678

8. AC 427
1'31.783

9. BMW M3 GTR
1'33.582

10. Ruf RGT
1'33.822

11. TVR Cerbera Speed Six
1'35.141

12. Corvette ZO6
1'35.274

13. Lotus Esprit V8
1'36.041

14. Merc-Benz CLK55
1'36.232

15. Honda NSX-R
1'36.594

16. Mustang SVT Cobra
1'36.740

17. Jaguar XK-R
1'36.770

18. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
1'37.096

19. Callaway C12
1'37.225

20. Aston Martin Vanquish
1'37.443

21. Subaru WRX STi
1'38.125

22.Mitsu Evo VIII MR
1'38.252

23. Nissan 350Z
1'38.765

24. FPV GT
1'39.620

25. Pontiac GTO
1'39.768

26. Holden Monaro CV8
1'40.229

Driver's Notes​

Hmm...some nice runs, and then they really falter off from the RGT back. Kudos to the Speed 12 living up to its moniker, but quite a mystery with the AC. While my B-spec driver ran each vehicle cleanly (seeming prefering MR vehicles) he nearly spun out in the AC each lap. I took a quick jaunt in it myself and got a time which would have relegated it to 5th, but I didn't count it. Each vehicle used Sports Soft tires and the B-spec pace was on 3.

I am throwing in Citi d'Aria for testing...hopefully it will change the top three.:grumpy:

Next Up: Monaco

Jetboy

Been watching for this one. If you were to ask me, I think the findings are REALLY surprising. Not at all what I would have expected here.

phattboy

QUOTE - "The Lambo could be replaced with the Audi LeMans Quattro, since Audi based the Quattro off of the Lambo."

Twenty years of "Autocar" readership may have made me pedantic but the Audi Le Mans quattro was spun off the same platform as the Gallardo (hence the V10 and the 4WD) and not the Mercielago(sic) which started life as the evil Diablo about 15 years ago... :rolleyes:

phattboy
Been watching for this one. If you were to ask me, I think the findings are REALLY surprising. Not at all what I would have expected here.

phattboy
Fine, I will ask you: What is so suprising about the results? Most of them are in the same order as the other results.... Do elaborate.:)

PhilSamui
Twenty years of "Autocar" readership may have made me pedantic but the Audi Le Mans quattro was spun off the same platform as the Gallardo (hence the V10 and the 4WD) and not the Mercielago(sic) which started life as the evil Diablo about 15 years ago...

Hey, I am alowed to make mistakes, too. :dopey: So it was a little mistake, but, in any case, the car was based off a Lambo. Just not the one I thought. :D

Jetboys427
Fine, I will ask you: What is so suprising about the results? Most of them are in the same order as the other results.... Do elaborate.:)

Hey, I am alowed to make mistakes, too. :dopey: So it was a little mistake, but, in any case, the car was based off a Lambo. Just not the one I thought. :D

thanks mate, great results, i thought the speed 12 would be kinda low in table because its so vicious,, but there you go.......

Jetboys427

Don't misunderstand, I trust the results you came up with and like the way you are going about doing it. I believe them (although I secretly think your b-spec guy is on contract with TVR ;) )

It is just that the Speed12 in Hong Kong :confused: The is a tougher street track that doesn't really lend itself to that particular car. It just surprises me. But, then again, I was surprised in GT3 that you could stuff a Escudo through Seattle faster than the race version GT40.

phattboy

phattboy
Don't misunderstand, I trust the results you came up with and like the way you are going about doing it. I believe them....
phattboy
Nope, no trust issues here. :) Sorry if my challenge did sound edgy or cocky....I thought the smilie would dismiss the (apparent) attitude behind the question.

So, no probs, mate. :D

Jetboy

Jetboys427
Nope, no trust issues here. :) Sorry if my challenge did sound edgy or cocky....I thought the smilie would dismiss the (apparent) attitude behind the question.

So, no probs, mate. :D

Jetboy

No problems here either :) Didn't even read anything into anything. ;)

phattboy

...and the Twelve lives on. :lol:

I still think it is funny that the Callaway is slower than the Z06. I think the reason the 12 is faster is because of its brutal acceleration, and the AI does a pretty good job at keeping traction.

Sorry for the long wait.... I was on a religious hiatus for a couple of days and could not complete testing.

Monaco​

1. Speed 12
1'41.845

2. Audi LM
1'42.537

3. Ford GT
1'42.782

4. Zonda C12S
1'43.070

5. AC 427
1'43.205

6. NSX-R
1'43.274

7. Saleen S7
1'43.698

8. Merc-Benz SLR
1'44.898

9. Viper SRT-10
1'46.841

10. RGT
1'49.035

11. Cerbera
1'49.342

12. Corvette ZO6
1'49.771

13. M3 GTR
1'50.671

14. Callaway C12
1'50.973

15. CLK55 AMG
1'51.080

16. SVT Cobra R
1'51.275

17. Jaguar XK-R
1'51.523

18. Pontiac GTO
1'51.637

19. AM Vanquish
1'51.670

20. Lotus Esprit
1'51.806

21. Mazda RX-7
1'52.888

22. Lancer Evolution
1'53.210

23. WRX STi
1'54.062

24. Nissan 350Z
1'54.657

25. Holden Monaro
1'55.190

26. FPV GT
1'55.649

Clear as mud. Some of these results just do not make sense at all, like the NSX. Sixth! :eek: And the GTO, usually one of the last 3, made it the whole way up to 18th, feeding crow to machienery 3, 5 and in one case, nearly ten times what it was worth. :odd: Note the AC: it's nearing the "big boys."

And off to little Italy: Citi d'Aria.

Jetboy

Nice, the Ford GT's 0-60 is so fast!

Offtopic but would be cool if someone could setup something like this for OLR.. with tuning!

Glad you guys like this! :D

I6-4-eva
Offtopic but would be cool if someone could setup something like this for OLR.. with tuning!

Mind explaining how this could be possible? I like the idea, but we need a closer level of vehicles... Anyone else want to elaborate on this notion?

Jetboys427
Glad you guys like this! :D

Mind explaining how this could be possible? I like the idea, but we need a closer level of vehicles... Anyone else want to elaborate on this notion?

Here's some quick ideas.

4000mm in length and weigh in over 1100kg.
Anything smaller than 4000mm must weigh more than 1200kg
Allow production cars only and tuning.

of course the tuning should be limited... because this is a 'street car" challenge.

Back