The Updated OCD Thread

• Thread starter jkt008
  • 1,901 comments

What type of cars would you like to see more of in the OCD?

• LMP, Group C etc.

Votes: 746 37.4%
  • Supercars

Votes: 640 32.1%
  • Classic Muscle

Votes: 363 18.2%
  • Concept, Prototypes

Votes: 504 25.3%
  • Family Cars

Votes: 145 7.3%
  • Trucks, Utes

Votes: 104 5.2%
  • Historic, Iconic

Votes: 633 31.7%
  • Touring

Votes: 371 18.6%
  • Skylines, NSXs, GTOs, 3000 GTs

Votes: 150 7.5%
  • Miatas, MX5s, RX7s etc.

Votes: 88 4.4%
  • Mitsubitshi Evolutions

Votes: 84 4.2%
  • Tuners

Votes: 395 19.8%
  • Cup Cars

Votes: 262 13.1%
  • Small Cars (Fiat 500s, Daihatsu Midgets etc.)

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • Not really bothered

Votes: 185 9.3%

• Total voters
LOL..same here...though there are 2 versions of the '01 R8: red & yellow. I bought the yellow car when it came up on the UCD last week, then paid to have the chassis/engine rebuilt. If it's the red version available in the OCD, I might buy it anyways to have the set:D

I bought the Sauber C9 a few weeks ago in the OCD, so I'm a bit surprised to see it again so soon. The one I REALLY want to get is the Jaguar XJR-9. Then my Group C/LMP collection will be complete :)

I've got 12.5M credits built up thanks to grinding in the Seasonal Events. Here's what I'm buying:

F150 Lightning (need it to finish the Truck Events)
Bentley Speed 8
Toyota GT-ONE
BMW V-12 LMP
Pescarolo Courage C60 Hybride

I want one of the Nissan Group C cars, but can't decide between the R89C or the R92CP...I think the R92CP is nicer looking (it reminds me of the car Nissan ran in IMSA GTP in that era), but wondering if anyone's got any feedback?

Cheers,

Cale

The R92CP is the fastest at speed and has better control. The R92CP goes about 410kilometers at tops. It is one of the best cars.

I want one of the Nissan Group C cars, but can't decide between the R89C or the R92CP...I think the R92CP is nicer looking (it reminds me of the car Nissan ran in IMSA GTP in that era), but wondering if anyone's got any feedback?

Cheers,

Cale

I agree with JimmyJames10 in that the R92CP is faster and easier to control, but not by much AT ALL. I tuned both the R92CP and the R89C and there's about a second difference on the Nurburgring GP/F... So it's faster, easier to drive and a LOT better to look at :)

A little disappointed. I really wanted the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88. It's the one race car that I really want and don't have. :(

I'm just going to avoid the OCD this time around. There's nothing really special, just a few very expensive cars that now have no rarity value whatsoever, not exactly worth buying if everyone and their mother has one.

Seeing the Esperante GTR-1 in the OCD reminded me that I still haven't bought one yet, mainly because it hasn't appeared in my UCD in the past few months.

Apart from that, I might also snap up the R390 GT1 while it's in the OCD. I'm not interested in buying anything else right now, plus I own pretty much every other car that's in the OCD (apart from 2 of the Pescarolo's and the R89C).

Well, I bought all the cars on my wishlist above, plus the R92CP. Used the tunes from Praiano for the Bentley and the GT-ONE. I can't believe how fast the GT-ONE was on the Nurburgring 24H Seasonal Event (Real Circuit Tours)...even with 2 off-track excursions, I did a lap of 7:05...about 6 seconds faster than my best in the Audi R8 '01!

And again no Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 in the OCD :( The last car I need and it won't show up in the UCD while probably I have checked more than 2000 cars since it was the last one I needed.

I am waiting this car too...Never see this car in my games strangely...Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 is the only car that I am waiting for my collection in garage.

Well the good thing is that I have all of the 24hours of Le Mans Race cars after the OCD update. Except for one....But it's the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (Team Oreca Matmat). Premium Car! Wallet was empty so have to do lots of seasonal events :)

The funny thing is the GT-ONE (TS020) Race Car is the fastest and if you agree the best but costs 1,200,000 less than the Bentley. 1,500,000! That's a HUGE bargain!

Yeah, I'm very impressed with that car. The only two Group C/LMP cars I'm waiting for are the Jaguar XJR-9 and the Peugeot 905

GT-One and 787B must be my favourite cars! Such great handling and feel.

Thx to epic OCD I have now almost complete collection. Still looking for Peugeot 905 tho! That car is rare.

I think this was the first time I already owned every single car in the OCD. Nevertheless, I'll be buying up a bunch of them anyway; nice opportunity to pick up some zero-mile examples of some of my favorite cars!

The OCD has been updated, with heaps of great race cars.

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '02 - 17,525cr
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 - 30,000cr
Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - 62,500cr
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00 - 375,000cr
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 - 500,000cr
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 - 1,500,000cr
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98 - 1,500,000cr
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 - 1,500,000cr
Nissan R89C Race Car '89 - 1,750,000cr
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99 - 1,900,000cr
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03 - 2,000,000cr
Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04 - 2,000,000cr
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05 - 2,000,000cr
Jay Leno Tank Car '03 - 2,000,000cr
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 - 2,100,000cr
MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 - 2,100,000cr
Audi R8 Race Car '01 - 2,125,000cr
Formula Gran Turismo - 2,500,000cr
Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 - 2,675,000cr
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 - 2,875,000cr

For fook sake!!!! I just bought a GT-One in the UCD last week for nearly 3 million!

Might get this one for a muesum zero miler piece though... and buy yet another E46 GTR race car:sly:

I think it would be good if it was populated with possible cars for the current time trials/seasonals, which I think it was to begin with.

PS, every time the GTR race car (or any other csl/gtr) I buy them.

I'm currently buying every car available in the Online Collector's Dealership except the Jay Leno "Tank Car". Previously I did not own a wide selection of Group C cars. I hope these cars available will all be given great interiors in Spec II.

Yahoo!! Been away for a bit and just flashed up GT5.... my beloved 0 miles Bentley, is back! I bought it last time it appeared, and after a botched "save" attempt, lost it (and a few months worth of progress!!).

There are some great motors in this one.... good job, PD!!

I have all the cars in the game so I do't car what they put in there no more :lol:, the fact that there brand new does appeal to me but it would mean I'd have to transfer all my tunes over and then sell the old one. Quite time consuming and its not going to add anything to game for me by buying them.

So I voted not bothered.

Most of the cars you listed I already own, way before the update. To tell you the truth, the car updates & GT5 seems favorable towards the Asian cars. I get the impression Polyphonics is saying that all Asian cars are better than other car manufacturers. They are more Asian cars at the dealer, including use dealership than any other vehicle make & model in this game. Nissan & Toyota for sure.

Another note to support my case. This new update v2.0 have added a few more Toyotas to the NASCAR lineup. Added more Asian cars to the seasonal events & dealership.

I know that the game is Asian made, but for goodness sake, they are many other great cars I would like to see in this game.

Forza 3 & no doubt 4, which as you know is exclusive to xbox has newer & other vehicle brand. For example the BMW E92 GTR M3, the modify C-class AMG, Porche GTR & so on. Can anyone please tell me why car(s) such like these are absent from what I consider the best car game.

I'm not hating, just stating facts.

I also noticed that the online dealership car prices are higher. For example the GTR M3 was $500k. With the new update it's $1,000,000. Can't figured that one out!

BondEsq
Most of the cars you listed I already own, way before the update. To tell you the truth, the car updates & GT5 seems favorable towards the Asian cars. I get the impression Polyphonics is saying that all Asian cars are better than other car manufacturers. They are more Asian cars at the dealer, including use dealership than any other vehicle make & model in this game. Nissan & Toyota for sure.

Another note to support my case. This new update v2.0 have added a few more Toyotas to the NASCAR lineup. Added more Asian cars to the seasonal events & dealership.

I know that the game is Asian made, but for goodness sake, they are many other great cars I would like to see in this game.

Forza 3 & no doubt 4, which as you know is exclusive to xbox has newer & other vehicle brand. For example the BMW E92 GTR M3, the modify C-class AMG, Porche GTR & so on. Can anyone please tell me why car(s) such like these are absent from what I consider the best car game.

I'm not hating, just stating facts.

I also noticed that the online dealership car prices are higher. For example the GTR M3 was $500k. With the new update it's $1,000,000. Can't figured that one out!

Well, as for more Toyota NASCARs in the NCD, there are also more Fords and Chevrolets as well.

The reason why all the cars in the OCD have doubled in price, is because they were half price before. So, they've gone back the original prices.

But, I get your point.

Just to let everyone who didn't know yet know, that the OCD has been updated.
Thanks to gnomefromnome for the list.

Back