The Vehicle Wish List & Info Database

Well I would love to see the Holden Coupe 60 in GT5, it would be fantastic to drive that Car at 'The Moutain' (Mount Panarama)!!:D

Note: I don't expect every car from my wishlist to be in the full game.

That's okay, I doubt some of my choices will be in the game either, but this is a wishlist after all. This thread is more a big list of everything that people from this forum really want to see. Personally, I've been putting some of my favourite "realistic" cars down so far.

Reventón;3172280
I thought we were going to try and weed these type of cars out, anyways?

We were. I think the idea was to only submit the best version of a particular car, unless others in the range had a special reason for being there (such as the E90 BMW 320si I submitted - not the quickest 3-series, the M3, nor the most common, the 320d probably is - but it's the homologation model for the WTCC car so has a good reason to be in the list)

Yeah, I thought that name sounded funny. I will delete it. Then again, why did PD put over 50 different skylines in GT4 (did we really need the Midnight purple collection?)

Good question :P I'm one of the people against having that many versions of basically the same car, so hopefully this wishlist won't go down those lines. If anyone tries to submit 20-odd R34s they'd better have a very good reason for it to see them all go on the list! :D

I'm going to withhold more of my "wishes" until TVB's caught up with the current ones 👍

My wishes so far have been fairly realistic. When I wish for Walkinshaw Performance vehicles they really will be wishful thinking though.;)

Edit: Are you still in the process of adding the cars I wished for, or do I need to break them up into posts with less than 15 cars? Just want to know in case I need to re-post them with less cars/post.:)

Last edited:
My wishes so far have been fairly realistic. When I wish for Walkinshaw Performance vehicles they really will be wishful thinking though.;)
lol:lol:...well this is a wishlist...but i do try to prefer to keep all my ideas 'very do-able', seeing as this is a Car Wishlist, asking PD to model soem Car that was made by some small little Car Manufacturer who only made one Car is what I see as 'un do-able'. Peace,
Rusty*

lol:lol:...well this is a wishlist...but i do try to prefer to keep all my ideas 'very do-able', seeing as this is a Car Wishlist, asking PD to model soem Car that was made by some small little Car Manufacturer who only made one Car is what I see as 'un do-able'. Peace,
Rusty*

Why? They've modelled plenty of concept cars before, such as the Cien. These cars are strictly one offs and probably don't even go over 60km/hr. They've also modelled cars like the Dome Zero. All of my cars so far have been more common and/or a current vehicle.

When I said "realistic" cars about my personal choices I more meant cars that aren't ridiculously expensive and I potentially have the option of affording to buy one day! I doubt some of them would find their way into the game. I'd love to see the Mugen Del Sol get in again as it was in GT2, but the BMW 320si and 318is would probably have to make way for a different E90 and E30, and I still don't know if there'll be any Saabs ever. In fact, we're unlikely to get the Fiat, the Porsche (unless they magic up the licence) or the Racing Puma I wish for either! And it wouldn't be unexpected if PD didn't put in a Civic Coupe as they've avoided that so far too...

In fact, the cars I've mentioned really are only realistic in terms of being able to drive the actual cars. In that respect, I'm more likely to drive a Racing Puma or a Cayman in real life than I am in the game, as of the moment!

Rusty*

Ah, but Pagani, Lister, Spyker, Proto Motors, Vector and a few others were "small little Car Manufacturers who only made one Car" when Polyphony put them in their respective games, but now they are a little better known and popular.

Spyker was brand new (relatively speaking. They had just returned to car making) when they appeared in GT4 and I think the C8 that appears in the game is the first model they produced.

Pagani was also brand new when the C12 and C12S appeared in GT3

Lister was a little unheard of company that was using Jaguar V12s to make their only car (the Storm). Note: Lister uses the Jaguar V12 and a Corvette V8 in their race cars. and I think they have switched to using the V8 exclusively now.

Vector...well...They had two cars when they appeared in GT2, and PD still hold the license to them (I think.)

(Interesting theme in those manufacturers is that they all use someone elses engines:

Spyker uses Audi engines, Pagani uses Mercedes AMG engines, Lister uses Jaguar and Chevy engines and Vector uses Lamborghini engines (at least the M12 did)

When I said "realistic" cars about my personal choices I more meant cars that aren't ridiculously expensive and I potentially have the option of affording to buy one day! I doubt some of them would find their way into the game. I'd love to see the Mugen Del Sol get in again as it was in GT2, but the BMW 320si and 318is would probably have to make way for a different E90 and E30, and I still don't know if there'll be any Saabs ever. In fact, we're unlikely to get the Fiat, the Porsche (unless they magic up the licence) or the Racing Puma I wish for either! And it wouldn't be unexpected if PD didn't put in a Civic Coupe as they've avoided that so far too...

In fact, the cars I've mentioned really are only realistic in terms of being able to drive the actual cars. In that respect, I'm more likely to drive a Racing Puma or a Cayman in real life than I am in the game, as of the moment!

My mistake. On that note, one car in my list is worth a 1/4 of a million dollars (AU dollars, which for the performance is quite outstanding), and one is worth almost $100k, but again, it's a very fast car, something I can only dream of owning. That's a small part of what GT games are about for me, driving cars I don't get to IRL.

My mistake. On that note, one car in my list is worth a 1/4 of a million dollars (AU dollars, which for the performance is quite outstanding), and one is worth almost $100k, but again, it's a very fast car, something I can only dream of owning. That's a small part of what GT games are about for me, driving cars I don't get to IRL.

Of course, that's completely fair enough - and in time I will be adding cars that are much rarer and more expensive, cars that aren't realistic to me. I've just always been more of a fan of cars I could genuinely see myself driving, which is why I started with cars like that. Again, if I go back to the Mugen Del Sol - this is probably the least likely of any of the cars I've mentioned that I'll get to drive (or own, more specifically), as realistically I'd have to buy a VTi or SiR and source and fit all the bits myself - but it's still more a realistic chance of ownership than something like... a Ferrari 360CS, which could be one of my other "wishes".

And that's what appeals to me mainly. I won't be making many "wishes" myself on this list but you can be sure the cars I choose are ones I'd really love to own.

I'm also holding back from cars that are already in GT5P or likely to be in GT5 which I'd love to own, such as the Integra R or the Lotus Elise 96 - much as they'd be "wishes" for me too, they're already pretty much certain for the game.

CHEVROLET NORTH AMERICA
Chevrolet Camaro SS (LS3) '10

FORD EUROPE
Ford Focus RS '09

LOTUS
Lotus Exige S '08

MERCEDES-BENZ
Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG Roadster '09
Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG '09

NISSAN JAPAN
Nissan GT-R V-Spec (R35) '10

NOBLE
Noble M15 '06

OULLIM MOTORS
Oullim Motors Spirra S 2.7L V6 Turbo '08

PONTIAC USA
Pontiac Solstice GXP coupe '09

RUF
RUF R-GT (997) '08
RUF RK Coupe '08

SUBARU/FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES JAPAN
Subaru Impreza WRX STI 330S '09

TOYOTA JAPAN
Toyota FT-HS concept '07

I can make any changes if necessary - i.e., wrong model years, bad formatting, etc.

Just dumped the DBS and V8 Vantage models as I see they have been requested already. Whew.

Last edited:
-> ...
I would like to see a couple of cars I like

Mugen
Integra/RSX
S2000

Tommy Kaira
R34 Skyline
BL5 Legacy B4
^ I really had a hard time digging these models. Good thing, I had to to rely my past WL, the V5.0. But next time please follow the format next time. :indiff:

Let me see????

-HOLDEN-

Monaro GTS 327 [HK] '68
Monaro GTS 350 [HT] '69
Monaro GTS 350 [HG] '70

Sorry I have never linked (feel free to referance it for me) but the general gist of these cars is that they are considered to be Holdens first Muscle Car (Australian)
^ I got the [HK] GTS 327 and the [HT] GTS 350, I didn't include the [HG] simply because its just too similar compared to the [HT] model. :)

A nice machine from one of the best tuner:

-Dahlback Racing-
Volkswagen Golf IV RSi '99

With a 2.1 litre inline five cylinder turbo engine and a power range of about 600-900 hp.

:crazy:
^ Re-formatted and included on list. :)

^ Along your list, I've also carried over most of my 'verified' cars from WL 5.0. :)

Hi all, thought i'd post my wishes.

2004 MG SV-R
2008 MG TF LE-500
2004 Rover 45
2001 MG ZR Rally Car
2007 Vauxhall VXR8
^ Done deal. But next time please follow the format next time.

Chrysler USA
2009 'Cuda Concept
2009 GTX Concept

Dodge USA:
2008/2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8/R/T
All Vipers
2006 Dodge Ram SRT10
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1966 Coronet 500C (426 Hemi) (had a friend who had one of these once. nice car)

Mine's
All Mine's Vehicles

Plymouth USA
1971 'Cuda
1966 GTX
1970 Superbird
1998 Pronto Cruiser Concept

Spyker
All Spykers
^ I noticed that this post was revised, but no problem were issued. But some verified cars were carried over from V5.0. But next time please follow the format next time. :indiff:

^ The Saab 900 is interesting, but I've added a lot of verified Saab's on the list. :)

I would like a similiar Mercedes Benz Collection as seen in GT4 but this time with their real engine sounds because that E55 AMG from GT4 just sounded like a E220 Diesel.

Other then that, the new SL63 - 65 AMG
E63AMG
C63AMG
Brabus built C Class
G55 AMG

Audi
RS6 '08
RS4 '05

Thats it for now

Chris
^ Added according to format. All are carried over from V5.0. But next time please follow the format next time.

Bolwell
Nagari 351 '72
Nagari Prototype '08

Carbontech
Redback Spyder '06*

*Unveiling Date

Chrysler Valiant Australia
Charger E49 R/T '72

Elfin Sports Cars
MS8 Clubman '05
MS8 Streamliner '05
MS8 Streamliner 50th Anniversary '07*

*Can I just point out here, this was no stickers and special paint model, it had a supercharged V8 (as opposed to standard N/A V8, and unique body kit/roof.

Ford Australia
Capri Perana '70
Falcon EB XR8 '91
Falcon FG XR6 Turbo '08
Falcon FG XR8 '08
Falcon XY GTHO Phase III '71
Focus XR5 Turbo '08

Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV)
FG F6 '08
FG GT '08
FG Super Pursuit '08

Holden
All of them? It's getting late here, I'll complete this arduous task of naming all the deserving Holdens another day.:sly:

Holden Dealer Team
This is a separate brand to Holden, I will come back with the cars later, but it's separate.

Holden Special Vehicles (HSV)
:drool: (Later)

Lleyland Australia
P76 4.4L '73

Mistubishi Australia
380 Sedan GT Series III '07
TMR 380 Sedan '08

Toyota Australia
Aurion Sportivo ZR6 '08
TRD Aurion 3500 S '08

Walkinshaw Performance
Models to come.:)

There'll be a number or worthy cars I have missed, maybe I'll come back to them, maybe someone else will. I will come back and do all the Holdens another day. Right now is time for sleep. (I've at least provided you with most internet sites, hope that helps).

Do we need pictures?:nervous: That's a lot of cars.
^ I don't really need all the pics. As long as I get an evidence on questionable cars. I've edited all the cars that I've researched according to format. But next time please follow the format next time. :)

@homeforsummer: Thanks for that. Yeah, i'm a big MGR fan, lovely cars. :)

I've got a few more suggestions.

Vauxhall/Opel
Insignia '08
Astra VXR/OPC Nurburgring Edition '08
Vectra VXR/OPC '05

Jaguar
XF '08
XKR '07

Chevrolet
Lacetti '04

Land-Rover
Discovery 3 '05
Range Rover Supercharged '06
^ Most these cars are verified since V5.0, and have been carried over. But next time please follow the format next time.

I agree with you on that, great car for performance but that car looks like it's not even street legal :lol:

By the way there is one car I wish was back in the game

Jaguar
XJR-15 2-door coupe '92

This is my most favorite car that they have ever made, but only 50 of these were made and all were sold so there is a high possibility that this won't be in the game
^ Edited and added. :)

Aston Martin/Lagonda Limited-

V8 Vantage
DBS

Ferrari

250 GTO
FXX Evoluzione
430 Scuderia

TVR

Cerbera 4.2
Cerbera 4.5
Cerbera Speed 12
Chimaera 500
Griffith 500
Sagaris
T350C
Tuscan 2
Tuscan T440R
Typhon

Note: I don't expect every car from my wishlist to be in the full game.
^ Most of the cars that you've listed are just carried over from V5.0, no biggie, it just made my job easier. :)

Maserati Motors
2008 GranTurismo
2009 GranTurismo S
2009 GranTurismo MC Concept (special track car.) (Link 1) (Link 2)
2008 Quattroporte
2008 Quattroporte Sport GT S

Okay some notes: The Link for the main Maserati name takes you straight to the Car Configurator for the US site.

for the MC Concept: The first link is a Car and Driver online article about the car and the second link if straight from Maserati's own website just for verification.

Anyways. that is all the cars I have for now.
^ Most of the cars listed are carried over from V.5.0. Plus the correct name for the MC concept is Maserati Granturismo MC Corse concept track car '08. :)

Well I would love to see the Holden Coupe 60 in GT5, it would be fantastic to drive that Car at 'The Moutain' (Mount Panarama)!!:D
^ Done deal. :)

Edit: Are you still in the process of adding the cars I wished for, or do I need to break them up into posts with less than 15 cars? Just want to know in case I need to re-post them with less cars/post.:)
^ Yes and yes. As you can see, it take me a lot of time just to keep up with you guy. And take note, I don't copy + paste; unless it has been verified in V5.0. :)

Blinky77-> I'll get back on your list later. ;)

Last edited:
-Chrysler North America-
Chrysler 300 Chrysler Hemi C Convertible Concept '00
Chrysler 300C coupe '57
Chrysler 300C SRT-8 sedan '07
Chrysler 300M Special sedan '02
Chrysler Conquest TSi fastback '89
Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 fastback '05
Chrysler Firepower Concept fastback '05
Chrysler GT Cruiser hatchback '06
Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo coupe '92
Chrysler ME-Four Twelve Hypercar Concept '04
Chrysler Prowler roadster '02
Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXI '99
Chrysler Sebring Coupe Limited '04

-DeLorean-
DeLorean DMC-12 fastback '81

Why? They've modelled plenty of concept cars before, such as the Cien. These cars are strictly one offs and probably don't even go over 60km/hr. They've also modelled cars like the Dome Zero. All of my cars so far have been more common and/or a current vehicle.
Well yes your right there Holden Spd:tup:, however I suppose I try to get cars that are well known or are popular, that way I figure they have a greater chance of appearing in GT5. Although some of the 'one offs' additions that they have added such as the Dome Zero you pointed out, have had a highly distinguished Past that has drawn attention on a large scale, or have been noted as an exceptional Vehicle at one stage or another.
Rusty*

You have to remember though that this is basically a member wishlist, and most likely doesn't affect PD's decisions as to what vehicles they choose to use.

^ I really had a hard time digging these models. Good thing, I had to to rely my past WL, the V5.0. But next time please follow the format next time. :indiff:

If you'd scrolled a few posts down from GOK's I'd done the legwork already ;)

EDIT:

^ The Saab 900 is interesting, but I've added a lot of verified Saab's on the list. :)

Hang on, so you've added ten 9-3s that are all quite similar (and only the year separates a few of them) and three 9-2Xs that are quite similar (two of them simply being different years, again), yet you haven't added the 900 I listed? :odd: A bit strange, I'd assumed that we were going to try and avoid too much repetition and focus more on significance, yet it appears you've repeated a particular model and neglected one of the most significant cars in Saab's history...

Last edited:
-> ...

^ I don't really need all the pics. As long as I get an evidence on questionable cars. I've edited all the cars that I've researched according to format. But next time please follow the format next time. :)

^ Yes and yes. As you can see, it take me a lot of time just to keep up with you guy. And take note, I don't copy + paste; unless it has been verified in V5.0. :)

OK, thanks. What was wrong with the cars I posted? Just too many of them?

Ah, but Pagani, Lister, Spyker, Proto Motors, Vector and a few others were "small little Car Manufacturers who only made one Car" when Polyphony put them in their respective games, but now they are a little better known and popular.

Lister was a little unheard of company that was using Jaguar V12s to make their only car (the Storm). Note: Lister uses the Jaguar V12 and a Corvette V8 in their race cars. and I think they have switched to using the V8 exclusively now.

Um, Lister is not an unheard of company. Lister dates all the way back to 1954, and was well known for its Lister-Bristol race car. It returned in 1986 tuning Jaguar XJSs under Lister Cars Ltd. The latter came up with the Storm in 1993 as a homoglated race car using a Jaguar 7.0L V12 from the XJR Sportscars. Only 4 examples were made at $350,000 a piece (which was pretty pricey for 1993), and was considered the fastest 4 seater in the world until Brabus' Rocket came out.

The Storm was also well known in Europe before GT2.The car raced in LeMans & the BPR Series. The Storm was also a fairly competitive car in the FIA GT, surpassing the previous 2 Storm models (GTS & GTL). They also only use the V8 exclusively now because all they build is a V8-powered LMP.

GT2 has also done very little to make the Lister name more popular this century. Lister will be remembered for its 1954 company as hardly anyone remembers the Storm road car which can be thanked to, again, only being produced in 4 examples (Only 3 left today). I can ask folks if they've heard of a Lister, and they may refer to the Storm GT or the old company. But I doubt they'll even know there was a Storm road car.

Last edited:
-> ...
If you'd scrolled a few posts down from GOK's I'd done the legwork already ;)
^ Oh yeah, many thanks about that. I have to keep posts at a minimum because I was at school listening to class. :scared:

-> Apologies for not giving you credit. :nervous:

Hang on, so you've added ten 9-3s that are all quite similar (and only the year separates a few of them) and three 9-2Xs that are quite similar (two of them simply being different years, again), yet you haven't added the 900 I listed? :odd: A bit strange, I'd assumed that we were going to try and avoid too much repetition and focus more on significance, yet it appears you've repeated a particular model and neglected one of the most significant cars in Saab's history...

Saab 900-> What the!? How could I missed that, plus I gave you props for it...ah! I know, there was a clitch on my laptop and everything froze up and on top of that, I got disconnected from the net! :grumpy:

^ Anyway I re-edited the list. ;)

Saab 9-3-> Hmm, ok. After a confusing ordeal of carrying over some Saabs from V5.5, I've trimmed down all 9-3's in half. I've also altered their trim models too (1 a cabriolet, 1 a 3-door fastback, 1 a wagon, and lastly 3 sedans). :)

Saab 9-2X-> These 3 9-2X should be significant enough:

2003 9-2X Sport - It is only powered by Subaru's non-turbo EJ25, and had a lesser packagine than this model...

2004 9-2X Aero - Basically a WRX wagon powered by a turbocharged EJ205 with better packaging. And on its final year...

2006 9-2X Aero - As the WRX wagon received the 'B9' or the 'pig-nose' treatment (I also used to own one). Many people considered this (the 9-X) to be the best looking WRX ever made. And along with the 'B9 Rex' wagon; it had received very few but significant upgrades. First was a re-tuned suspension and secondly the engine displacement was upped to 2.5L EJ25T making more powerful and more meaty torque, and boost spools up earlier for better response.

^ I use to own both 2004 & 2006 WRX wagons, and I can feel the difference between the two significantly. :)

-> Plus I splitted Saab Automobiles in two, one from Europe and one in North America. :sly:

-> As I used to mention back in V4.5, European car are not really my strong suit. I usually pass that to Driving Park for that specific assessment.

:dunce:

STATUS
Blinky77 and Buickgnx88-> I'm still gathering up cars on my own too. I'm still on working on your lists at the same time. Thanks for your patience guys! ;)

~> Got to go to sleep now, its 2:50am here in Vegas. Plus I have work tommorow @ 8:30am. :scared:

~> Gud nyt. :ouch:

Last edited:
Point taken on the Saabs you've included. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Saabs and especially the 9-2X despite unfortunately not being in a market in which they're sold (and I too consider it the best looking version of that generation of Impreza), I just wasn't aware of any significant differences between the models (other than the obvious 2.5 no-turbo/2.0 turbo versions).

->
^ I got the [HK] GTS 327 and the [HT] GTS 350, I didn't include the [HG] simply because its just too similar compared to the [HT] model. :)

can i ask you why a new model [HG] with significant grill/tail light/stripes/packaging doesnt make it in? If thats the case the [HT] shouldnt qualify either as its just a [HK] with the same engine (longer stroke) and different tail lights/grill/stripeing. Australian cars used to change model every 1-2 years in the early days, some times with distiction (eg [XW] to [XY] falcons) and some times not (eg [VB] to [VC] Commodores). The former in your judgement still wouldnt qualify but the latter in my opinion shouldnt be in as only a trainspotter could pick the extra slatts in the grill. Put it this way......should we only wish for an EVO 7 because an EVO 8 and 9 are too similar (series 4 and 5 RX7s) (any 911 porsches) (most vettes).......I didnt think so.
P.s This is supposed to be a wish list and the HG is significant enough to warrant its own 1:18 scale model let alone be included along side an 320 BMW (everyone considers the M3 varient the only version that should be in anyways)

Last edited:
P.s This is supposed to be a wish list and the HG is significant enough to warrant its own 1:18 scale model let alone be included along side an 320 BMW (everyone considers the M3 varient the only version that should be in anyways)

I'm not knocking your queries about the car you wish to be included, but the 320 BMW I requested isn't just "any" 320 BMW, and as with your own request I gave good enough reason as to why the 320si should be included (namely, it's a homologation special, a higher-revving 4-cyl instead of a normal 320i's straight-six, and has special suspension, tyres, lightweight wheels and a number of bespoke BMW Performance parts to homologate the WTCC car.

Saying that "everyone" thinks the M3 is the only one that should be considered is inaccurate, as there are many fans (and indeed owners) of many different BMWs on this forum who may all well have valid reasons for their own particular favourite 3-series to be included. And indeed I have to mention that I had to go through the thread just to see what HGs, HKs and HTs even were. So lets not trivialise some people's choices when your own may seem equally trivial to others... 👍

Last edited:
-> ...
Can i ask you why a new model [HG] with significant grill/tail light/stripes/packaging doesnt make it in? If thats the case the [HT] shouldnt qualify either as its just a [HK] with the same engine (longer stroke) and different tail lights/grill/stripeing. Australian cars used to change model every 1-2 years in the early days, some times with distiction (eg [XW] to [XY] falcons) and some times not (eg [VB] to [VC] Commodores). The former in your judgement still wouldnt qualify but the latter in my opinion shouldnt be in as only a trainspotter could pick the extra slatts in the grill. Put it this way......should we only wish for an EVO 7 because an EVO 8 and 9 are too similar (series 4 and 5 RX7s) (any 911 porsches) (most vettes).......I didnt think so.
^ You should've post that earlier while you were requesting these cars. In fact you didn't even provide a link for each of these GTS series. In the end, I have to research on basically on what I have in my end:

- Google (US)
- Wikipedia (EN)
- others

-> And since it is a old school Aussie Muscle Car, the resources are pretty much limited. It is really tough for a guy from Americaland (who came from the Philippines) to research these cars. I may need help once in a while when things comes to this. :indiff:

-> As for the requests earlier, I'm still on it. :crazy:

I'm not knocking your queries about the car you wish to be included, but the 320 BMW I requested isn't just "any" 320 BMW, and as with your own request I gave good enough reason as to why the 320si should be included (namely, it's a homologation special, a higher-revving 4-cyl instead of a normal 320i's straight-six, and has special suspension, tyres, lightweight wheels and a number of bespoke BMW Performance parts to homologate the WTCC car.

Saying that "everyone" thinks the M3 is the only one that should be considered is inaccurate, as there are many fans (and indeed owners) of many different BMWs on this forum who may all well have valid reasons for their own particular favourite 3-series to be included. And indeed I have to mention that I had to go through the thread just to see what HGs, HKs and HTs even were. So lets not trivialise some people's choices when your own may seem equally trivial to others... 👍
I m sorry if you thought it trivialised your choice (never complained about your choice when you posted it:)) but I did find it a bit dissappointing that a whole new model designation (eg HG) that I thought should qualify (the best of the breed version too not the standard average joe Kingswood or poverty pack) was knocked back over 2 versions of a BMW (320 and m3) from the same model.

-> ...

^ You should've post that earlier while you were requesting these cars. In fact you didn't even provide a link for each of these GTS series. In the end, I have to research on basically on what I have in my end:

- Google (US)
- Wikipedia (EN)
- others

-> And since it is a old school Aussie Muscle Car, the resources are pretty much limited. It is really tough for a guy from Americaland (who came from the Philippines) to research these cars. I may need help once in a while when things comes to this. :indiff:
I thought i explained in my post why i didnt link them:guilty:
and I must admit I sometimes forget that not everybody know these cars. If i may enlighten you with a helpful rule when it comes to Aussie Ford/Holden/Chrysler products, the model (eg [HK] [XY] [VF]) is the equivalent to most japanese ( [R32] [R33]) or euro ([e46] [e92]) cars. If they are not significant to justify a new model thay may just add "series 2' or "mark 2" on the end of a model prefix. Welcome to the wonderful world of Australian cars........still not as difficault as some of the American stuff :)(eg '71 Ford Maverick Grabber compared to '75 model, both which I would still want on the list)

Ps If you want I could help you with some of the Aussie content as Im pretty much a self confesed car fan (35 years old) and am currently schooling my self in the ways of Americaland through old Motor Trend buyers guides (eg 1977) and excellent Collectible Automobile Magazines, let me know:tup:

I m sorry if you thought it trivialised your choice (never complained about your choice when you posted it:)) but I did find it a bit dissappointing that a whole new model designation (eg HG) that I thought should qualify (the best of the breed version too not the standard average joe Kingswood or poverty pack) was knocked back over 2 versions of a BMW (320 and m3) from the same model

That's okay 👍 I don't feel that your choice got "knocked back" though, especially by either of the cars I chose. TVB looks at each model in their own merit, I expect, so the only thing that probably "knocked back" your choice were your other choices!

And for the record, the BMWs I selected are very different cars - I picked two different models separated by three generations. You could hardly accuse the M3 from being similar to the 320si, even if they're both still 3-series.

I picked two different models separated by three generations. You could hardly accuse the M3 from being similar to the 320si, even if they're both still 3-series.
i meant to say that the 320 and the M3 (both E30's) were similar cars (even though no one has requested an E30 M3 yet i think) yet the [HG] doesnt qualify????

TVB, the referance in the list for the
HOLDEN
Monaro GTS 350 [HT] '69 bathurst

is incorrect, there is no such thing as a 'bathurst' monaro, they were just refered to as this by people just glorifying them as the [HK] and [HT] won at bathurst.

Does anyone else think the [HG] shouldnt make the list?

Back