The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
PJppw4j.png

Looks great on TE37's

Now that we got the BMW, I think the VW is next, but if I'm right I expect the unveil to happen this weekend at the Worthersee VW meet...

Ah yea. It's really simple to develop a car design. As game design is.

Definitely not. Or else it wouldn't cost millions to make it right. (most of time)

That's the bad part about working as a designer/artist in general... it's the same about art, some people simple think it's "too easy". I work as art director for 7 years and I face this situation every single day... clients call and "oh, why does it take so much time? you just do a few clicks and draw this and animate that"...

homer2.jpg

I agree with you. It's not that easy.

But, then again, I didn't went on saying that the game would get a new fancy concept car every month.

Vision GT it's just a marketing attempt. And a badly managed one.

I've got to say. We've waited a very long time, but the BMW Vision GT looks stunning. Can't wait to get back home in a month and get my hands on it!

Cool. It's nice to see the manufacturers putting effort into this other than "oh, here's the car".

Even if it was staged for the purposes of the promo....

Cool. It's nice to see the manufacturers putting effort into this other than "oh, here's the car".

Even if it was staged for the purposes of the promo....
I suppose every manufacturer does their VGT machine differently, even down to how they market it.

Seeing as how BMW's original VGT sketch looks nothing like the actual concept car, I bet Honda's sketch is a placeholder, the car above this post.

Beyond all the negativity around this game, VGT could be a shining light. The critical response on these virtual cars could change how iconic vehicles look in the future! And we would all be a part of it. Life imitating art imitating life.

Beyond all the negativity around this game, VGT could be a shining light. The critical response on these virtual cars could change how iconic vehicles look in the future! And we would all be a part of it. Life imitating art imitating life.

I wouldn't mind seeing a BMW VGT hit the streets. Either way they won't come to my city, because with the ride height they have plus the potholes of this city, the cars would literally hit the streets.

Back