The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Does the car have another colour schemes? If it has can anyone post pics, please?
I`m at work and have to patch first which will take hours. (Thank you "Deutsche Telekom" for being ignorant!)

But I`m sure some people will have pictures of all colour schemes. So far I heard of M3 racing livery (the one that is seen every where) and a black one. Guess that`s it. Not sure if the black one has no stripes at all or if they just can`t be seen properly.

Last edited:
Does the car have another colour schemes? If it has can anyone post pics, please?

No need, someone posted them on another thread.
One that you see it in the pic (white with red and blue strips) and black one with no strips.

Eeeeeeeek there was a e30 in the video and kaz was right in front of it!!! He must know they exist now
Richard Hammond: "That would be a whole new experience for him"
Cue aside, I think BMW has an interesting cycle when developing its VGT. Firstly they modeled an i8 to be a M1 successor, then BMW changed mind and instead modeled an M4/M235i to be a 2002 Turbo / 3.0 CSL successor.

Not sure if the black one has no stripes at all or if they just can`t be seen properly.
It does not. It's just... black. I was hoping it would keep the stripes. It would be edging towards this beauty.

BMW-3.0-CSL-Batmobile.jpg

The BMW VGT isn't an M3. It's simply a modern 3.0 CSL. Every design cue is there from it. Just modernized.

I feel that the BMW is a let down looking at those pics. It looks like a steroidal M235i rather than a wild M1-esque hypercar.

I feel that the BMW is a let down looking at those pics. It looks like a steroidal M235i rather than a wild M1-esque hypercar.
It looks and it is, like a series 1 coupe race car version. Has nothing to do with a mid engine supercar.

No interiors again?

After six months? What a joke.

Just a hint: these are cars being developed by Car Manufacturers. It's not simply a generic car for a game that someone do a drawing and think: "let's do this"... of course it's simple if you think "it's only a game" but it isn't.

It's way more complicated, if you research about the design process inside a manufacturer.

A simple concept like this may take months to be ready. Make that a year if you're going to show it @ an auto show (like the Benz VGT)

I'm sad because they doesn't have interiors too but I've used to study car design for some time (huge enthusiast of it) and from what I know, its a long process. They wouldn't release something crap. There's the whole brand image involved in this.

Just a hint: these are cars being developed by Car Manufacturers. It's not simply a generic car for a game that someone do a drawing and think: "let's do this"... of course it's simple if you think "it's only a game" but it isn't.

It's way more complicated, if you research about the design process inside a manufacturer.

A simple concept like this may take months to be ready. Make that a year if you're going to show it @ an auto show (like the Benz VGT)

I'm sad because they doesn't have interiors too but a studied car design for some time (huge enthusiast of it) and from what I know, its a long process. They wouldn't release something crap. There's the whole brand image involved in this.

And PD didn't know this when they said that we'll get one car per month? When they teased the Mercedes with interiors?

It looks really great but only from outside. I like the fact that you can tune it to your needs. I dislike the locked transmission though.
Besides of these downsides, it handles great as well.

Beautiful car, but much less aggressive than the initial concept, I'm a little bit disappointed, I was hoping for something more unconventional and 'extreme' :P

I'm sad because they doesn't have interiors too but I've used to study car design for some time (huge enthusiast of it) and from what I know, its a long process. They wouldn't release something crap. There's the whole brand image involved in this.

PD's fault for using GT as a marketing franchise. But that aside, they clearly have a concept of an interior once again. A really simple cockpit like this is all I demand personally, a steering wheel, a small display to show RPM/gear/speed and the shape of a dashboard around it. Would still feel much more immersive than this weird static black box surrounding you while you watch the track driving around you, which is how I feel in current 'standard' cockpit view at least.

Snapshot_20140514_152321.jpg

PD's fault for using GT as a marketing franchise. But that aside, they clearly have a concept of an interior once again. A really simple cockpit like this is all I demand personally, a steering wheel, a small display to show RPM/gear/speed and the shape of a dashboard around it. Would still feel much more immersive than this weird static black box surrounding you while you watch the track driving around you, which is how I feel in current 'standard' cockpit view at least.

View attachment 156281

I agree that we really need those interiors to add immersion, etc... and it would make the projects more believable. But I disagree that they're using Vision GT purely as a marketing exercise. It's something to celebrate the game 15th birthday and it's really huge to get the car manufacturers involved in this way with the game. Car design is a really expensive area inside manufacturers (if not one of the most expensive) and having they interested and involved is amazing specially if you enjoy car design.

Of course it works as a marketing tool, but I doubt the main idea is this.

I agree that we really need those interiors to add immersion, etc... and it would make the projects more believable. But I disagree that they're using Vision GT purely as a marketing exercise. It's something to celebrate the game 15th birthday and it's really huge to get the car manufacturers involved in this way with the game. Car design is a really expensive area inside manufacturers (if not one of the most expensive) and having they interested and involved is amazing specially if you enjoy car design.

Of course it works as a marketing tool, but I doubt the main idea is this.

So huge that the second one took six months to appear.

Yeah, manufacturers are rushing towards PD with new concepts all the time, they are struggling to see who will be the next. There was a battle between dozens of designers to discover what brand would be featuring an incomplete design in the game this month. And in november, six months for now.

Back