The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
So huge that the second one took six months to appear.

Yeah, manufacturers are rushing towards PD with new concepts all the time, they are struggling to see who will be the next. There was a battle between dozens of designers to discover what brand would be featuring an incomplete design in the game this month. And in november, six months for now.

Ah yea. It's really simple to develop a car design. As game design is.

Definitely not. Or else it wouldn't cost millions to make it right. (most of time)

That's the bad part about working as a designer/artist in general... it's the same about art, some people simple think it's "too easy". I work as art director for 7 years and I face this situation every single day... clients call and "oh, why does it take so much time? you just do a few clicks and draw this and animate that"...

homer2.jpg

Used the BMW Vision at the Nürburg 24' race.
Great handling in dry conditions.
Twitchy in wet conditions (as was my BMW 2002 back in the early seventies) :D

They could have supplied some decent headlights though... I mostly had to guess where the curbs were...

From NeoGAF.

"These cars have also been added:

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy 2014)
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo"

The original XR-PHEV Concept (Tokyo 2013):

mitsubishi-xr-phev-c_600x0w.jpg

From NeoGAF.

1) So cool
2) Predictable, but cool
3) Don't know whether this is the VGT or not, but it looks cool

From NeoGAF.

Well, looks like XR-PHEV it's a series of concepts from them.

As it's XR-PHEV EVOLUTION, we can expect something in the lines of a new Evo. (duh)

C'MON MITSUBISHI, YOU CAN BEAT THIS AWESOME CONCEPT THING? (that turned out a bit boring in the production model...)

image.jpg

From NeoGAF.

If this list was real than that's cool (first and third) but the second it just used for gt academy for round 3 (round four using ether the GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN or the one used (or going to use) in Nurburgring 24th hours where kaz going to drive it(like nissan gt r nismo gt3 n24 schulze motorspor '13).

Something odd I have noticed:

• When Mercedes VGT got shown some people complained because it was a 'futuristic' car that 'was pointless'.
  • Now we have a BMW car that is more grounded to reality and some people view it as 'boring' and 'pointless'

:lol:

Last edited:
I wasn't surprised the Mitsubishi is an EV, some of the VGT cars are bound to be hybrids/electric is they are visions of future performance cars. I'll be interested to see how the new XR-PHEV Evo stacks up against the Teslas, or even the Tajima e-Runner.

So I was checking the VGT sketches on GT6 I noticed there were a few i don't remember seeing.

Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, SRT, and Zagato.

Can someone else check and see if they're new or not.

Something odd I have noticed:

• When Mercedes VGT got shown some people complained because it was a 'futuristic' car that 'was pointless'.
  • Now we have a BMW car that is more grounded to reality and some people view it as 'boring' and 'pointless'

:lol:
;)

So I was checking the VGT sketches on GT6 I noticed there were a few i don't remember seeing.

Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, SRT, and Zagato.

Can someone else check and see if they're new or not.

Lexus sketch isn't new, that was there previously, the others I'm not sure on

Now that I'm on a computer, here are the sketches I'm talking about:

Honda
i1MTIO8UJr9jlSH.jpg

Hyundai
i1r5VUXKque5FO.jpg

Lexus
i1hSpANprJusscE.jpg

SRT
i1UdcSq3QY3ROO.jpg

Zagato
i1HF7pTuXDaqlEc.jpg

I remember clearly the Honda, Hyundai, and Lexus all had their logo placeholders there before.
SRT and Zagato were some of the first. Hyundai and Honda have been there for a while. The Lexus...I don't remember that though.

Back