The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Im beginning to think this VGT is not just up to PD anymore. They may have had a green light from all those manufacturers and some random rough scetches, but it might be a whole another story to get the manufacturers actually design a full blown concept fot GT - Its not cheep you know and these days the manufacturers are making some tough economy choises..

Just saying VGT might not be that high on their list of interests at the moment. Especially as the gt6 has not actually been raising applauses. VGT might not seem such a good idea to a manufacturer after all the hype surrounding GT6 has vaporised.. :indiff:
Yep there were probably requirements attached to the deal ... if you sell X million copies we participate ... thats probably why they dropped the price so early ... to achieve those minimal requirements ... seems like they didn't even reach that ...

From where do you have this information? Or are you just hoping, like we all do? :cool:

From my side, I would like to finally (virtually of course) drive another VGT besides the Mercedes one.

Last edited:
The new Vision GT car is ready but it won't be released until a few more weeks. It has been delayed due to change in marketing strategies, but it will come - fear not.

Any chance they might be holding off until the 24 Hours of Nurburgring? I happened to think of that while thinking about the news about Villa d'Este. Since the image we have looks like a race car, that seems like a good place to show it off.

or maybe they just forgot to anounce it as VGT - Geneva 2014 BMW i8. Sure has some lines from the VGT scetch.. :drool:
No.
Why would a VGT car be a vehicle that has been around for such a long time? Do you think BMW would reveal an "old" car as a VGT when MB just released something brand new and never before seen?
If anything it could be a racing version of the i8.

The new Vision GT car is ready but it won't be released until a few more weeks. It has been delayed due to change in marketing strategies, but it will come - fear not.
Always the bringer of good & accurate news 👍

Personally I really like the Mercedes-Benz VGT, it's pretty quick and very grippy. The VGT car I'm really looking forward to, however, is the Alpine one: diggin' that LM Prototype-ish look!

Personally I really like the Mercedes-Benz VGT, it's pretty quick and very grippy. The VGT car I'm really looking forward to, however, is the Alpine one: diggin' that LM Prototype-ish look!

I will never forget the time I took out that merc.I had been racing with Alfa mitos and the likes and driving that with my new g27 was probably the best experience I've had driving virtual or real world ( well the little real world I've done). But, yeah, it was class 8)

The next VGT is BMW

O-adZ5woS4Y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep there were probably requirements attached to the deal ... if you sell X million copies we participate ... thats probably why they dropped the price so early ... to achieve those minimal requirements ... seems like they didn't even reach that ...
I disagree. Think about what you're saying. You're saying that the very first few vgt cars depended on sales. That makes no sense knowing how long it takes a manufacturer to create a concept, it's not just a couple weeks, and for PD to model it. You're saying that the work wouldn't start til a couple of months into the game's availability. That's ridiculous.

I disagree. Think about what you're saying. You're saying that the very first few vgt cars depended on sales. That makes no sense knowing how long it takes a manufacturer to create a concept, it's not just a couple weeks, and for PD to model it. You're saying that the work wouldn't start til a couple of months into the game's availability. That's ridiculous.
That's something I didn't imply .... I think its already on your system, just not unlocked yet ..... I'm only suggesting how they could have funded it ...

edit: I didn't say or mean to say the very first few vgt cars depended on sales ... I think the ones we are waiting on did ...

Last edited:
That's something I didn't imply .... I think its already on your system, just not unlocked yet ..... I'm only suggesting how they could have funded it ...
It's not on your system, the slot for it and is for file dump. There's nothing there to generate it's existence besides text.

To come up with a theory on how it's funded? These never work out,

Back