The Walking Dead *spoiler alert*TV 

• Thread starter slims
  • 859 comments
United States
Denver
slims246
Anyone tune in for the premiere of The Walking Dead on AMC a couple weeks ago? I'm a fan of zombie movies, zombies games and all that so I decided to check it out. I haven't really watched TV in a while and I never read the comic that the show is based on but I'm definitely going to follow this series. It's only 2 episodes in but it started out strong and has me hooked already.

[/URL]

Last edited:
I'm hooked too,

sadly season 1 is only 6 episodes,
but season 2 is already confirmed with 13 episodes :D

I've got them recorded but not started watching them yet, anything with Egg from This Life (Andrew Lincoln) has to be good.

I waited in line for two and a half hours at Comic-Con to see the panel and I missed out by fewer than 200 people in line. Needless to say, I was upset, but I did spend a lot of time at the booth on the floor... And for the first time in a long time, I think I can confidently say that the final product sits on an even keel with the hype.

I haven't read the comic book(s), but I will eventually. I'm told by my friends who have that I should wait until after the series is done, just so I can stay in the dark about what's going on. I'm content with that, I think. But, having been at Comic-Con, I think I had seen enough bits and pieces of the pilot that I knew most of what I need to expect for the first couple of episodes overall.

Either way, I'm hooked. I'm not prepared to say that it is better than my favorite show on TV (Mad Men), but this does blow my other favorites away.

I saw the first two episodes. Even though the series in large scares the bajeezus out of me, I'll still be tuning in. It's got me hooked!

I love the whole zombie apocalypse genre and this was pretty good. I'm waiting for the 2nd episode to be posted up on Hulu. Go head-shots!

I thought I had missed the first episode but luckily it's being shown again tonight.

Without giving too much away, does this have a more interesting storyline rather than the usual kill zombies/get the cure/rescue the girl scenario?

I thought I had missed the first episode but luckily it's being shown again tonight.

Without giving too much away, does this have a more interesting storyline rather than the usual kill zombies/get the cure/rescue the girl scenario?

It focuses on the characters more than the zombies.

I'm hooked too - seen the first two episodes (friend has been downloading them as UK is an episode behind US) and wow - they must have had a huge budget for this its pretty epic.....

Cant comment much as dont want to ruin it for anyone who hasnt seen the second episode.

My understanding of the comic, and what they want to do with the television show, is that it's not a monster-of-the-week type thing. We'll never really learn how the outbreak happened, I don't think there will ever be a "cure" to be found. Really, it will be about Frank finding his family, surviving with the group of people up in the mountains, and scavenging for supplies whenever possible. I'm under the assumption that the show will have to do more with people's personalties, group mentalities, and figuring out what the hell you would do when the whole world goes to pot. I've been told that the number of characters on the show is going to be elastic, and will change frequently.

If you're curious, I'd suggest checking the Wiki. I'm trying to avoid knowing anything just so I can walk into the show blind every week.

I got road to watching the first episode last night with the missus and we both enjoyed it. It rips off 28 Days Later at the beginning and isn't anything groundbreaking but there's nothing wrong with that as it's well executed...not with a lawn mower yet though :D

My understanding of the comic, and what they want to do with the television show, is that it's not a monster-of-the-week type thing. We'll never really learn how the outbreak happened, I don't think there will ever be a "cure" to be found. Really, it will be about Frank Rick finding his family, surviving with the group of people up in the mountains, and scavenging for supplies whenever possible. I'm under the assumption that the show will have to do more with people's personalties, group mentalities, and figuring out what the hell you would do when the whole world goes to pot. I've been told that the number of characters on the show is going to be elastic, and will change frequently.

If you're curious, I'd suggest checking the Wiki. I'm trying to avoid knowing anything just so I can walk into the show blind every week.

Fixed it for you :P

But Rick finding his family is only the beginning. Really, the comic and show is about their survival. The comic is in black and white to help demonstrate that.

I've become a huge fan of the comic this year, I have a #1 signed by Kirkman the writer in a CGC 9.8, #2 and 3 in a 9.8 and every other U.S. variant comic too 👍 It's quite addicting.

Jerome

I watched the second and third and they were both epic. Unlike all the other zombie apocalypse stories which take place just as the infection sets in, The Walking Dead switches it up: it's been a month or probably several since it started and the few survivors already have base camps.

Either way, the show is awesome, and I believe my favorite part I can't mention here (it's part of the second episode's ending, I think).

Just watched the season finale after only 6 episodes. It's been brilliant so quite gutted it probably won't return until October 2011 but at least season 2 is confirmed.

Just watched the season finale after only 6 episodes. It's been brilliant so quite gutted it probably won't return until October 2011 but at least season 2 is confirmed.

I heard that Season 2 starts in Feb.

I'm doubting that it would pick up that quickly. Even with all the buzz that was going on with the show at Comic-Con, AMC didn't want to do more than a couple episodes in the first season. Even then, the show took forever to produce, considering how little they actually ended up creating. With the rumors circulating that a large chunk of the writing staff had been fired, I'm guessing that they will be taking their time getting the next set of episodes out. Plus, having some of it ready to go for Comic-Con 2011 means that they will have a pretty robust fanbase rabidly anticipating the next installment of the show come October.

Man, I was searching shows like Survivorman, Man vs the Wild, and all I'm finding are the zombie threads! It's OK, I like zombies, too. :lol:

My brother was a big fan of the comic, and he was insistent I read them(never did). I forgot all about it, but I did hear many good things about this TV show. I don't have cable, so I will catch this on Blu-ray. Love zombie films, so I'm sure this show will be just as good. Can't wait for the Season 1 to come out(on Blu-ray).

October would make the most sense for season 2, given that there will be more episodes and it's the perfect time of the year for it. February is still considered part of the current viewing season (series for those of you from Britain) here in the US. Personally I can't wait. Normally I'm not a horror fan, but this show has me completely hooked.

I guess the DVD/Blu-ray release of the Season One is in a month. March 8th. Who else's excited?

Thats not bad, but wait till next year and you will probably be able to buy it for $10, or atleast pick up a combo pack of seasons 1 & 2.

The first volume of The Walking Dead will run about $35 for the hardcover. A worthy purchase, I'd say. The story in the book is a little less personal than it is on the show, but the ending of the first volume is certainly a bit more interesting.

I've never seen the show, never read the comic. Photos from the TV show looks really good, and looks like everybody who's seen it liked it. It's like "...finally" for me. :D

Back