The Walking Dead *spoiler alert*TV 

• Thread starter slims
  • 859 comments
Waited that long to get spoiled in the morning by opening youtube. 🤬 Just because I watched the teaser by AMC, I got recommanded copyrighted material with everything in the thumbnail and title 🤬

While it was an cool episode I kind of expected it, and think this should have been the finale of s6.

Comic Readers could have guessed
- that Denise death was in fact Abrahams, so he was on borrowed time.
- Glenn was obvious (the fake out death last season), as Michonne, Carl, Rick and Daryl are the Untouchables.
- And as Abraham, either of the other ones would not have been a caracter we rooted that much for.

- The obvious cliffhanger last season, made it harder to get the scene across from the get go, so we needed a 15 minute Negan, Rick time. Nice zombie time, but still...

While the episode was good, I fear that Gimple wants more to have a social experiment with the audiance. Shock moments, wants to break the audiance (His words), rather than telling a good story for the sake of the story... This trend started somewhere last season.
This showed also in the massive tease with the cutting hand. First Rick, then Carl. Thou the Carl moment had me on the edge of the seat :D

Also Glenn's death was unbelievable.... Darly hitting Negan that hard, he tips over, and that with his shot shoulder, clearly knowing an other would bit the dust... poor writing for the sake of shock...

One death last season as final would have been so much more sharp...

I think Carole would have been a good candidate from a story point. When she runs away from Morgan, she gets snatched by the Survivors and then she gets the end of Lucille. A beloved caracter gone, completely apart from the comics and a bigger shock than what actually was presented...

Now how long before the picture of Glenn becomes a meme? :lol:

I do freaking love Jeffrey D Morgan, stellar actor, such a good fit in this role

Waited that long to get spoiled in the morning by opening youtube. 🤬 Just because I watched the teaser by AMC, I got recommanded copyrighted material with everything in the thumbnail and title 🤬
I switched over to YouTube right after watching the episode and there was a kill video up already. People are ruthless.

The HD photo of the victim has already been leaked before the premiere airs. But seeing it in motion is another story.

Having caught up, I certainly wasn't expecting the detail. I flinched a lot.

Just gonna put this as a spoiler just in case.

QuickMemo+_2016-10-26-18-23-37-1.png

I've noticed that AMC has been putting the new episodes on their website free to watch. Have they always done this, or is this something new?

I've noticed that AMC has been putting the new episodes on their website free to watch. Have they always done this, or is this something new?
I believe they do it for a week or so after it comes out, then they take it down. I vaguely remember it from last year, but I rarely remember last week.

Is anyone still alive?

Mid-Season 8 is messing with my emotions big time. Sometimes I feel sad (RIP Carl), others mad (Rick leaving Jadis).

I don't watch the episodes directly just catch the BlindWave reaction/review the next day. I'll watch it just to watch it but I don't pay much attention anymore as I feel like the story is just dragging out.

Yeah, I gave up on the show not long after the sixth season started. They've been recycling the same themes for the past few seasons now, it's become very tedious to watch.

Well, for those who are still watching, how heartbreaking was it watching Enid hear about Carl :(

Also, RIP Dr. Carson. Hopefully they keep Siddik, he's one of my new favorites.

I might be the only one here now, but everything is getting twisted as Season 8 is reaching its end. I still don't think Negan is going to die though.

And Morgan is crossing over to Fear the Walking Dead.

Kind of started to lose interest in Fear too but was really interested to watch the first episode of season four, just to see how they would integrate Morgan into Fear's storyline. Glad I did watch it, very enjoyable epsiode. Hoping the rest of the series is just as good.

I feel the need to resurrect this thread as I started binge-watching TWD in September and caught up with the current season about six weeks later. Zombie stuff always interests me but this takes it to a whole new level in terms of immersion. You can't help but think what you would do in this situation, and the one thing that annoys me the most is the constant conflicts between different survivor groups. When there are so few of you, you need to band together to have any hope of rebuilding society. Considering as well that these are the slow-moving type of zombies with a slow activation time I really struggle to see how the outbreak got so out of control, which is perhaps why the origins of the virus have never been fully explained. Of course the curveball at the end of season 2 that everyone is infected and will rise again when they die no matter what unless they've been shot in the head, and that being bitten by a walker seems to "activate" the virus makes zero sense. That would suggest that the virus, or whatever it is has been dormant in the human population for a very long time and suddenly been activated in some way, or that there was some kind of global super-spreader event. This is where Resident Evil clears things up a lot because they lay everything on the table regarding where the virus came from and what it is.

I don't know if it's intentional on the part of the director/producers or just the show getting into its groove, but as the series has progressed and the years have gone by the walkers seem to have got both weaker and stupider. In the first season they can run reasonably fast, and when the survivors are being besieged in Atlanta there are walkers climbing over fences, trying to open doors and trying to break glass with bricks. In the later seasons however most of them can barely walk and they seem to have lost any last vestiges of any measurable intelligence or any survival instincts beyond the need to feed. As well as the characters having c.12 years to be desensitised to the way the world is now and learn survival skills, the walkers themselves appear to pose far less of a threat than they did only a couple of months into the pandemic.

Regarding the current final season, I'm assuming they're all going to abandon Alexandria and settle in the Civic Republic, which is the closest thing they've seen to a functioning society the whole show. They can't keep fighting with every settlement they come across and being forced to roam the wilderness looking for food and shelter. We've been teased that this place is more authoritarian than it looks, so there's probably going to be some kind of coup/revolution, which no doubt would've been fronted by Rick if he were still in the show.

I really hope Michonne finds Rick and they come back, it was a garbage way to write both of them out of the show. The show hasn't been the same after he left with Jadis in the most anti-climactic way possible. We've seen these military helicopters flying overhead at various points across the show and have had zero explanation of where they're coming from, with the obvious implication that the US Government and Military are still active in one way or another. Negan no doubt is going to make some kind of heroic sacrifice as a way or completing his redemption arc, even though he really should've been killed off at the end of season 8. Daryl is probably gonna try and run off with this militia girl or he's just gonna be weird and decide the live out in the woods eating squirrels and drinking out of rivers instead of taking to opportunity to have a normal life again. Carol really should be dead by now with all the dumb stuff she's done. Ezekiel when he was playing the part of a Shakespearian king was one of my favourite characters, and hopefully he survives now he's had cancer treatment.

Binge-watching it meant I didn't have to wait between episodes, and I hadn't realised the mid-season interval would be so long! Still a month or so because it comes back, so I'm gonna start Fear the Walking Dead tonight and see if that's any good.

I feel the need to resurrect this thread as I started binge-watching TWD in September and caught up with the current season about six weeks later. Zombie stuff always interests me but this takes it to a whole new level in terms of immersion. You can't help but think what you would do in this situation, and the one thing that annoys me the most is the constant conflicts between different survivor groups. When there are so few of you, you need to band together to have any hope of rebuilding society. Considering as well that these are the slow-moving type of zombies with a slow activation time I really struggle to see how the outbreak got so out of control, which is perhaps why the origins of the virus have never been fully explained. Of course the curveball at the end of season 2 that everyone is infected and will rise again when they die no matter what unless they've been shot in the head, and that being bitten by a walker seems to "activate" the virus makes zero sense. That would suggest that the virus, or whatever it is has been dormant in the human population for a very long time and suddenly been activated in some way, or that there was some kind of global super-spreader event. This is where Resident Evil clears things up a lot because they lay everything on the table regarding where the virus came from and what it is.

I don't know if it's intentional on the part of the director/producers or just the show getting into its groove, but as the series has progressed and the years have gone by the walkers seem to have got both weaker and stupider. In the first season they can run reasonably fast, and when the survivors are being besieged in Atlanta there are walkers climbing over fences, trying to open doors and trying to break glass with bricks. In the later seasons however most of them can barely walk and they seem to have lost any last vestiges of any measurable intelligence or any survival instincts beyond the need to feed. As well as the characters having c.12 years to be desensitised to the way the world is now and learn survival skills, the walkers themselves appear to pose far less of a threat than they did only a couple of months into the pandemic.

Regarding the current final season, I'm assuming they're all going to abandon Alexandria and settle in the Civic Republic, which is the closest thing they've seen to a functioning society the whole show. They can't keep fighting with every settlement they come across and being forced to roam the wilderness looking for food and shelter. We've been teased that this place is more authoritarian than it looks, so there's probably going to be some kind of coup/revolution, which no doubt would've been fronted by Rick if he were still in the show.

I really hope Michonne finds Rick and they come back, it was a garbage way to write both of them out of the show. The show hasn't been the same after he left with Jadis in the most anti-climactic way possible. We've seen these military helicopters flying overhead at various points across the show and have had zero explanation of where they're coming from, with the obvious implication that the US Government and Military are still active in one way or another. Negan no doubt is going to make some kind of heroic sacrifice as a way or completing his redemption arc, even though he really should've been killed off at the end of season 8. Daryl is probably gonna try and run off with this militia girl or he's just gonna be weird and decide the live out in the woods eating squirrels and drinking out of rivers instead of taking to opportunity to have a normal life again. Carol really should be dead by now with all the dumb stuff she's done. Ezekiel when he was playing the part of a Shakespearian king was one of my favourite characters, and hopefully he survives now he's had cancer treatment.

Binge-watching it meant I didn't have to wait between episodes, and I hadn't realised the mid-season interval would be so long! Still a month or so because it comes back, so I'm gonna start Fear the Walking Dead tonight and see if that's any good.
Unfortunately for me my wife is a fan of this show. How many times have you said to yourself during the course of this show ''don't open the gate you idiot, just stab 'em in the head through the fence before you open the gate :banghead:'' or ''FFS, just put a big ass cow catcher on the front and drive through them''.

More on the helicopters is shown in FTWD.

Back