The Walking Dead *spoiler alert*TV 

• Thread starter slims
  • 859 comments
Felt like the episode was all over the place, but I suppose it's more of the fact that the timeline had jumped. At first, when Patrick mentioned that he was sick, I thought he was disgusted by Carol showing the knives to the kids or felt really uncomfortable around the knives. Was...quite wrong with that. And of course, some of the characters just felt so predictable in what might happen to them. I'm not saying that's a stupid thing on the part of the writers, since it's something to expect out of a community ranging in ages. Not the best beginning to the season for me though.

Felt like the episode was all over the place, but I suppose it's more of the fact that the timeline had jumped. At first, when Patrick mentioned that he was sick, I thought he was disgusted by Carol showing the knives to the kids or felt really uncomfortable around the knives. Was...quite wrong with that. And of course, some of the characters just felt so predictable in what might happen to them. I'm not saying that's a stupid thing on the part of the writers, since it's something to expect out of a community ranging in ages. Not the best beginning to the season for me though.

This pretty well sums up my thoughts on the season opener. 👍

The focused shot of the shower head Patrick collapsed under made me think his death was caused by Legionella.

I hope he doesn't turn up like Shane.

Rick's apprehension to carry a gun could either make Carl's future actions seem more antipodal if he turns into a mini-Shane later on. Or Rick could return to being the Ricktator soon and Carl could either keep following in his footsteps, or show continuing signs that he has grown up in the past few months. His reaction to Carol teaching knife combat during story time shows that he's finding it hard to avoid the very thing Rick doesn't want his son to get involved with too.

The focused shot of the shower head Patrick collapsed under made me think his death was caused by Legionella.
I don't think they checked the health of the animals.
Rick's apprehension to carry a gun could either make Carl's future actions seem more antipodal if he turns into a mini-Shane later on. Or Rick could return to being the Ricktator soon and Carl could either keep following in his footsteps, or show continuing signs that he has grown up in the past few months. His reaction to Carol teaching knife combat during story time shows that he's finding it hard to avoid the very thing Rick doesn't want his son to get involved with too.
I think you have role models like Daryl, Hershel, and Samurai girl that might change some things but it is good that there are kids around him.

I don't think they checked the health of the animals.

I'm aware that it's the most probable explanation. Though they could have been infected with anything so long as it leads to human fatality.

And while I wasn't being totally serious about contaminated water being the cause, there's always the possibility it could have been tainted recently by a dead animal or by someone on the outside. Walker or otherwise.

I think you have role models like Daryl, Hershel, and Samurai girl that might change some things but it is good that there are kids around him.

Yeah. The story time was a means of escape from the constant killing going on. Then Carl finds that even there he can't seem to get away from it all.

Also, I know Shane loved to rub his head. But this much? :lol:

Thoughts on episode 2?

I'm thinking the infection is actually in the water like someone said previously because it showed the woman using the water just before Patrick sits up. Then she's coughing and well, dead. Whether she died and turned before the attack I don't know.

Thoughts on episode 2?

I'm thinking the infection is actually in the water like someone said previously because it showed the woman using the water just before Patrick sits up. Then she's coughing and well, dead. Whether she died and turned before the attack I don't know.

Yeah, I took the shower shot in the first episode as a sign of foreshadowing. I guess the scene you mentioned could add some credence to what I thought may have been the cause of this infection. I would have expected more of them to be falling ill if they all come into contact that water source often though.

As for the rats used to lure the walkers along with Karen and David's deaths, I can only think that the most recent person to enter the prison has an underlying motive as opposed to "earning his keep". Bob was affiliated with The Gov in the comics too, so they might be adapting that to fit the TV series.

They tried going back to their old way of life and it didn't work out. It's good that they caught on to it fast but I wonder when are going to follow the comic arcs. Daryl might be straying away slowly . But if it was like the spanish flu, it spread from animals...sadly it went from Rats>pigs>humans. It might the be one of the actual prisoners who sabotaged everything. Unless they cleared out the entire prison

So who's feeding the rats?

The blonde girl ?

She wants to marry a Zed, so why wouldn't she feed Larry ? (was it Larry??)

And why do you put spoiler texts all around guys ?

It's quite simple : come in when you watched. Otherwise we can make every post spoiler ][

They tried going back to their old way of life and it didn't work out. It's good that they caught on to it fast but I wonder when are going to follow the comic arcs. Daryl might be straying away slowly. But if it was like the spanish flu, it spread from animals...sadly it went from Rats>pigs>humans. It might the be one of the actual prisoners who sabotaged everything. Unless they cleared out the entire prison

I'm sure they cleared every part of the prison once they moved the Woodbury refugees in. And rats may have been spreading disease through the animals they eat and the drinking water. Whoever was using them to lure walkers could be trapping them somewhere.

I also forgot to mention that Rick and Carl were tentative about taking their guns back. Carl probably wouldn't have too much of a problem using it since he saved Michonne with a rifle. I'd like to see how long Rick can hold out before he has to use his again.

So who's feeding the rats?

It's clearly someone on the inside possibly working alone, or instructed to enter the prison by an outsider so they can sabotage as much as possible. The latter motive is what makes me think Bob could be up to something.

It's quite simple : come in when you watched. Otherwise we can make every post spoiler ][

I stay out of the thread until I've watched the latest episode. Though I can't complain about everyone here using spoilers. It's not exactly an inconvenience.

And why do you put spoiler texts all around guys ? It's quite simple : come in when you watched. Otherwise we can make every post spoiler ][
Exactly!!! Common sense says "if you play on a busy interstate highway, you will get run over, so don't play on the highway". Using the spoiler tags in this thread is more of an inconvenience to people who are currently watching the show, than there are people who accidentally wander into this thread looking for tips on how to rebuild a carburator who might watch Walking Dead 5 years from now. Stop using the tags please!!!!!!!!!!

Ibonibo
The blonde girl ?

She wants to marry a Zed, so why wouldn't she feed Larry ? (was it Larry??)

They said on talking dead it might be that little girl but I don't think so. Someone also burned those bodies so I think it has to be a man. Gotta be strong to do that and they are clearly sabotaging everyone.

Exactly!!! Common sense says "if you play on a busy interstate highway, you will get run over, so don't play on the highway". Using the spoiler tags in this thread is more of an inconvenience to people who are currently watching the show, than there are people who accidentally wander into this thread looking for tips on how to rebuild a carburator who might watch Walking Dead 5 years from now. Stop using the tags please!!!!!!!!!!
Some people don't have not seen the episode due to factors but ...
Example: About Neon Genesis Evangelion
Lol, how about Japanese manufacturers only. :P

Unit 02 is German...

But it is an angel.
Aaaand the goes the spoiler. You really live up to your title.
I do from time to time.
Part-time Spoiler.

I still haven't finished Eva guys......
Though shouldn't it be how you word the sentence?
"But it is a angel" can possibly talk about the looks than "But it is an angel" is revealing the spoiler?

Some people don't have not seen the episode due to factors but ... Example: About Neon Genesis Evangelion

I have no idea what you're talking about.

You can't taste a pizza without actually biting into the pizza and chewing it. Once you taste it, it cannot be untasted.

People who can't swim have enough sense to not wade into the deep end of a pool.

It's called "personal responsibility". When GT6'releases, if people do not want the opening movie spoiled, they themselves, should avoid sources that show the opening movie. When there is a thread and a News story with proper "spoiler alert" warnings, if I enter that thread, I have no right to whine about having it spoiled!

The title of this thread clearly has a "spoiler alert" warning. If people ignore that warning and enter this thread, then read spoilers, who's fault is that? As I said, there are more people inconvenienced by the text hiding system than there are people accidentally coming into this thread.

I just think it is a personal preference(probably like you have said), we all have friends that don't want to hear the spoiler when discussing about a certain topic.

Last edited:
I just think it is a personal preference(probably like you have said), we all have friends that don't want to hear the spoiler when discussing about a certain topic.

Which is why I don't discuss the show around my son until he has watched it, even though my daughter and I already watched it.

Some things are unavoidable, like when a TV show randomly spoils it, such as ESPN SportCenter. But to voluntarily enter an active discussion is only the fault of the individual who knowingly entered the conversation.

If you walk by a house with 5 large guard dogs in the yard, has a warning sign, and the 5 dogs are at the fence barking at you, would you jump the fence to see what's in the yard and then blame the homeowner because you entered private property and got bit? I certainly hope not.

Ohh I really didn't wanted to get a discussion started on this, it was just a side note. it's just in the past we talked pretty openly, apart from big big moments put in spoilers. (exception was Andrea's death, everyone was too happy)

On the inside man: I don't know if there still is a follower of the gov. in the group. Not after he killed his own man. All of them.

But who knows.

I really do like where this is going though. An virus on top of the Zed virus. Nobody is safe.

Latest episode was pretty good. Suspected that Tyreese would be filled with rage and get into a fight with someone at least, who of course was Rick. Biggest notice for me though was when Rick was confronting Carol about the murder. Something tells me that Carol only said she did it to protect the fact that...what I'm guessing is one of the little girls (can't remember the name, but I'm guessing the older one?) actually did it. Possibly exposing herself and ended up going into quarantine. Although she was allowed in whilst still carrying her knife. Suspicious...

I was expecting Carol to turn and walk off leaving suspense for the next episode that way. To make us think "She didn't deny it" but it could be because she was so offended by it that she turned without answering.

I am intrigued as to whether tyresse is going to find out or not though.

Something tells me that Carol only said she did it to protect the fact that...what I'm guessing is one of the little girls (can't remember the name, but I'm guessing the older one?) actually did it. Possibly exposing herself and ended up going into quarantine. Although she was allowed in whilst still carrying her knife. Suspicious...

That whole scene did cry "suspicious". But I have to wonder how difficult it could be for a girl her age to drag two adults outside without them resisting (unless they were knifed first or too sick, but it wouldn't be easy either way).

And while Carol's apparent confession wasn't that dramatic, it does open up more questions. This season is chock-full of mystery.

Back