The Weekly Drift Series: Week 2 -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Please select your TWO favourite clips. Voters DQ'd for selecting more than two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, another 2.5 hours down the tubes and I think I finally got a run that I'm not ashamed to record. I had a bit of a 'moment' in it, but I nailed all my apexes and kept it smoking the whole way, so I'm done. My goal is to get at least a single vote this week (something I'm yet to do in the WDS1 poll :lol:)

Keep the entries coming guys. They're looking amazing so far. This is gonna be a tough week on the voters. 👍

I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say: If drifts of the quality I've seen so far continue to come in I'll have no choice but to allow 2 votes/each. Already I've got 2 clips that I can't pick between.

add me BL for this week too,
Have some problem to keep smoke all over the 3 corner but i think im gonna make one before deadline,i need to polish my corner 6 before post mine.

Ok, another 2.5 hours down the tubes and I think I finally got a run that I'm not ashamed to record. I had a bit of a 'moment' in it, but I nailed all my apexes and kept it smoking the whole way, so I'm done.

come on, gimme some of that centrifugish goodness

TRi
come on, gimme some of that centrifugish goodness

heh, I'll work at it. I ended up with a few free hours tonight (actually, about 6 free hours beginning now) until I have to go out, so I'll try to perfect it for ya. ;)
No guarantees though.

edit:
Okay, I think I got a better one for you TRi :sly: Stronger in some points than my previous run, weaker in others. But much more "Centrifugish" ;)
Man, after nailing (imo) the sweeper and link on my run, thinking about making a clean exit from the section is the most nervous I've been since my girlfriend forwarded me a joke titled "I THINK WE'RE PREGNANT". Albeit an entirely different type of nervousness.

Okay, I think I got a better one for you TRi :sly: Stronger in some points than my previous run, weaker in others. But much more "Centrifugish" ;)
Man, after nailing (imo) the sweeper and link on my run, thinking about making a clean exit from the section is the most nervous I've been since my girlfriend forwarded me a joke titled "I THINK WE'RE PREGNANT". Albeit an entirely different type of nervousness.

hot diggity
and yeah i understand both situations haha. :nervous: :scared:
i know i flopped the exit, and everytime i watch it, i have no idea why except for because i got nervous.

I finally got my ride done tonight,
This corner 6 give me some trouble at beginning but pratice is key:)
Great track this week too, good luck everybody
BL:my video upload now MP coming soon!

True Drifters dont get nervous, because a true drifter doesn't have nerves:mischievous:....if your sliding through a turn and your constantly thinking to yourself "dont mess up please dont mess up".....Your goin to mess up, you have to Know that your goin to drift around the turn with no problem, you have to believe in yourself and u will be more confident in drifting.👍

glad to see the high amount of interest. I'll try to put together a "demo" of the corners. But no promises as my week is tight. :scared:

Aw man, too bad this is an FR limited competition.

I do have a run on midfield II in a subaru, so feel free to look everyone!

True Drifters dont get nervous, because a true drifter doesn't have nerves:mischievous:....if your sliding through a turn and your constantly thinking to yourself "dont mess up please dont mess up".....Your goin to mess up, you have to Know that your goin to drift around the turn with no problem, you have to believe in yourself and u will be more confident in drifting.👍

yes true drifters still in fact get nervous. havent you ever watched d1? they get nervous all the time, but they muster up what it takes to do the job.
nerves=excitement=andrenaline
confidence is a very good thing to have, just that almost everyone gets that "oh no better not f_ck up" feeling all the time

TRi
confidence is a very good thing to have, just that almost everyone gets that "oh no better not f_ck up" feeling all the time

Especially for the ol' GTPDCs where you had to nail a full lap... This compo's a lot more relaxed imo, you only have to nail one link ;)

Ske
Especially for the ol' GTPDCs where you had to nail a full lap... This compo's a lot more relaxed imo, you only have to nail one link ;)

Man, I didn't find it relaxing. I guess compared to a whole lap, this is relaxing. I just don't seem very good at drifting sweeper's. I have no idea how some people can drift the whole sweeper and link it to the next corner, crazy skills.

I will upload my vid tonight. Wanted to get something better, but I just can't seem to get through the sweeper. It just isn't fun when you try to drift the same corner and only make it a few times out of 30 or something. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

This competition is a great way of learning though. I can see now that I really need to work on drifting longer sweeper type corners. If I ever want to be able to drift I whole track. 👍

Anyhoo, look forward to seeing some crazy videos on the weekend. :)

Perhaps you've done this already Drift2XS, but you might want to play with your LSD settings. That was key for me on this section once I found a decent balance in my suspension. I initially had mine set too loose and it was like walking a tight-rope trying to get through that first turn. I couldn't hold my line and one bobble on the steering would have me either in the sand, or looking the wrong way. Tightening them (higher numbers) made the car slightly more forgiving for me and gave me more control over the car's rotation with the throttle. I could almost hold the steering stationary and just play with the gas. I think I ended up with something like:

IT: 18
LSD-A: 46
LSD-D: 32

Obviously that won't work on every car/setup, but it did the trick in my case.

I was hoping you'd see these ;). Maybe next week we'll have something a little more AWD friendly. I still have one more week to pick a theme/location. Then the Week 1 winner will pick for WDS4.

3 days left to submit your clips. I've got 9 so far.

I do have a run on midfield II in a subaru, so feel free to look everyone!

FI, I was thinking about you when I made the theme. But then I realized that on this particular section(and midfield in general) AWD's have an advantage.

Sorry to kinda shut you out of this week though. :(

Perhaps you've done this already Drift2XS, but you might want to play with your LSD settings. That was key for me on this section once I found a decent balance in my suspension. I initially had mine set too loose and it was like walking a tight-rope trying to get through that first turn. I couldn't hold my line and one bobble on the steering would have me either in the sand, or looking the wrong way. Tightening them (higher numbers) made the car slightly more forgiving for me and gave me more control over the car's rotation with the throttle. I could almost hold the steering stationary and just play with the gas. I think I ended up with something like:

IT: 18
LSD-A: 46
LSD-D: 32

Obviously that won't work on every car/setup, but it did the trick in my case.

Thanks for the advice BL 👍 I am really not that good with my set ups. I didn't set up anything with the car I used for this, I bought stuff, just didn't change any of the settings. That is probably my biggest problem, I might be able to drift alot better If I could set up my cars better. I will take your advice into the next competition, try to change my settings if I am not getting a good drift.

I have already uploaded my vid to YouTube, just need to send you the link. I am not that happy with it, but considering that this is my first time trying to drift these corners (same as last weeks) I think I did alright. :)

Just sent the link to you BL. :)

Also, if you or anyone else could help me with this. How do you go about setting up your car to drift better? I jus don't know what to change on what part. :dunce:

Also, if you or anyone else could help me with this. How do you go about setting up your car to drift better? I jus don't know what to change on what part. :dunce:

Stickies friend, ya gotta read the stickies, they're there to help. :sly:

The FR Drift Guide - By Boundary Layer and Swift

Take a good look at posts 5 and 6 -- settings and tuning, and an example setup. You may not like the same setups as I do, especially if you're using a DS2 instead of a DFP (my DFP setups purposely understeer), but I think there's enough good advice in that thread to give you some idea of how to build a setup.

Stickies friend, ya gotta read the stickies, they're there to help. :sly:

The FR Drift Guide - By Boundary Layer and Swift

Take a good look at posts 5 and 6 -- settings and tuning, and an example setup. You may not like the same setups as I do, especially if you're using a DS2 instead of a DFP (my DFP setups purposely understeer), but I think there's enough good advice in that thread to give you some idea of how to build a setup.

Whoops, sorry. :dunce:

I should really have another good read of that guide, it was very helpful when I first started. Thanks for the help. :)

me
Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.

That includes not disclosing your car choice, or which video is yours once the poll is constructed.

But, glad you want to participate. 👍
edit: added Pink_the_Floyd to the entrants list. Also added a note to the rules about not mentioning your car choice.

crap. i praticed last night and forgot all about the 01 and prior rule. i got a good car but its 03.
ill find something before saturday.

edit: woo i think i found my car.

FI, I was thinking about you when I made the theme. But then I realized that on this particular section(and midfield in general) AWD's have an advantage.

Sorry to kinda shut you out of this week though. :(

haha all is well. i haven't played gt4 in months now because of school work. Maybe i'll have time to get in a link or two for competitions to come.

Okay, I just want to give everyone a heads up now, a few days before the poll gets posted. So far I have recieved 12 clips and expect to get a few more tomorrow. There are several very strong vids this week. I cannot pick one that clearly stands out over the rest. So to try and cut down on the time it takes to select one clip to vote for, and to hopefully avoid any ties this week, I'm implementing the following:

Polling Changes:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)

👍👍

We'll try this for this week. If it works well I might keep it. If people don't like it or if there's problems with people voting too many times we can go back to 1 vote per voter in the weeks to come.

One question BL:

Will users with a capture card gain priority in voting then videos recorded by a digital camera even though the drifitng was better?

All videos I recieve will be posted, but as for how people vote, I don't know. It's a public poll. I can't answer that.

Polling Changes:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a furutre WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)

I like the changes. Also, I'll be able to alter the votes as needed if people vote for their own or vote too many times.

Back