The Weekly Drift Series: Week 2 -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Please select your TWO favourite clips. Voters DQ'd for selecting more than two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 and 5 got my votes. They stood out to me, I really liked the skyline, and the SVT had power and smoothness. That Capuccino's run was crazy, weaving in and out of the other cars. This one was very hard to vote, they were all good entry's. :)

to answer suzuki : i think ske and hachiroku has said it all...what i look for in a drift is smoothness - linkage , choice of the line and clipping points ( in and out ) , control on the car , precision and front wheels job...smoke and all that...( if an hachi' doesn't smoke much but keep line and angle then it's ok but with an RX7 : no smoke is no good for example...)

i' ve been skateboarding for 15 years now so i know that style and masterness can't be explained it just can be witnessed...but as ske says : you can do this trick there or wathever but if it's ugly to see then it 's lost...

for those who know...here's the difference between tom penny and jim gagne , gino iannucci and jim greco for example...

hope i answered the question :)

I am in the one vote club also, just like last week. :dunce:

It's funny comparing drifting to skateboarding, but I get what ske and geoff are saying. I have been skating for about 5 years. Style does matter a lot. People that make a hard trick look easy are always the best to watch, they are always smooth and ride away clean. The same with drifting, drifts I like to watch the most are ones that are smooth and clean. People that make drifting a crazy long corner look easy. I just voted for the ones that I enjoyed watching the most. :)

hrm, tight race for 2nd eh?
I figured it'd be a close week. I might sit on my two picks for another day or so, just incase there is a need to break a tie in the closing hours of the poll. There's one vid in particular that I refuse to allow to finish in 2nd. ;)

hrm, tight race for 2nd eh?
I figured it'd be a close week. I might sit on my two picks for another day or so, just incase there is a need to break a tie in the closing hours of the poll. There's one vid in particular that I refuse to allow to finish in 2nd. ;)

It sure is tight, wonder who will get the number 2 spot. I also wonder what vid you are talking about BL? Hmmmmm. :)

Results:

Code:
1st    Video 5     Ske                11 votes
2nd    Video 8     Geoff              7 votes
3rd    Video 13    360-D1             6 votes
4th    Video 3     Boundary Layer     5 votes
5th    Video 1     GEETOWN_DRIFTER    3 votes
---    Video 9     nos2               3 votes
7th    Video 4     Midnight Runner    2 votes
---    Video 7     TRi                2 votes
---    Video 12    SMOKEY BANDIT      2 votes
10th   Video 2     Drift2XS           1 vote
----   Video 6     HackiRoku          1 vote
----   Video 10    Sheron             1 vote
----   Video 11    Suzuki             1 vote
----   Video 14    H_S2000            1 vote
----   Video 15    ~Drift King~       1 vote
Congrats on your second win Ske, and thanks to everyone for the great videos submitted this week. It kept things tight. 👍

Thanks to Sheron and Suzuki for using the same car. :D That battle ended in a 1-1 draw.

And no one got shut out either. Everyone broke the goose egg. Good stuff.

Because Ske won last week, Geoff will be awarded to right to pick a theme and location for WDS Week 5 for finishing second.

Wow, that was a really good contest. Good to see everyone got a vote this time, the top was really close. Ske is awesome, I was wondering if he would win again. You sure got better results this time BL. I'm sure next weeks is gonna be tight aswell, looking forward to seeing everybody's vid. :)

Back