The word shoes gets censored

Age old issue with censorship online. Just be thankful you don't live on the end of the picadilly line or support the "gunners". Worse still you could live somewhere in Lincolnshire :eek:......

If the mods on here fancied some fun they could mess with the swear filter, on a mountain bike forum in the mid2000's the word 'bling' was changed to 'mediocre' :D

As far as I'm aware PD uses a filter derived from Sony's. This is particularly good at detecting a number of terms that may be considered abusive or offensive, in different languages.

And by "good" I mean "hyperactive". It detects even partial matches and obliterates them.

In this case, I reckon it's picked up on "hoes".
And back on GT5 and 6 people were reporting the same issues.

Well, in my experience, only censured when I tried to message a specially "optimistic" Spanish last corner dive bomber "Mr... you are an idiot"

So no complains in this section :lol:

That's "nig". The same might also apply to the censored word "engine", but in reality no-one's sure about that.

That one's baffling. Have a few tries at separating out groupings of three characters to see if it censors any of them.
I'm assuming "feg" in safegroup is the problem.

Who could forget GT5, where "Tsukuba" ended up censored. What a game.

Perhaps we could create a thread for terms censored by PD.

For me, 'night' is the most common offender. I have replaced it with 'nite'. When posting replay images of silly, indigenous, non-vehicular scenes, I tried using the hashtag 'wtf'. This was 🤬; now *I'm* offended!

I experienced one other strange one, 'trapezoidal'. I assumed that the game creators have a problem with PEZ candy. :crazy:
Actually, 'ape' likely is prohibited.

This censhorship has also infiltrated your offline games now. I couldn't name my horse "horsy" in RDR2 and for some reason Base 695 (as in the distance still to the center) got censored in NMS. I'm too old or lack imagination to understand what is wrong with 695?

And yep, can't wish anyone goodnight in GTS lol. Or talk about engines. Yet add spaces and people can call you whatever they want. So pointless.

I remember ZO6 being censored in GT5, not sure if it is still. Always thought that was odd, and couldn't see a reason for it.

Fortunately it’s not that prevalent in GT Sport but I still love how the word “Night” gets sent to the shadow realm in every sentence it’s a part of for seemingly no reason. The only reason I can think of is maybe it’s a little too similar to a certain racial slur but even that’s a stretch.

“Hey, wanna go ***** racing at Bathurst?”

695 is a Fiat car xD

The 695 Biposto:
iu

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be an issue with shoes because it contains hoes. But do they actually mean hoes, hose or maybe O's as in "mon repose". My mind, of course went straight to this. Warning: you might keel over laughing :bowdown:

(I know I'm getting oldish, but honestly could anyone alive come up with something as funny as this?)

There seems to be an issue with shoes because it contains hoes. But do they actually mean hoes, hose or maybe O's as in "mon repose". My mind, of course went straight to this. Warning: you might keel over laughing :bowdown:

(I know I'm getting oldish, but honestly could anyone alive come up with something as funny as this?)

:lol::lol::lol:

Back