The word shoes gets censored

6BK
@MisterMR44 Is Nikon censored because it is a major competitor of Sony?
Well can someone explain Nike? It gets censored when I used to make Nike liveries
My Arabic is quite rusty, but "nik" is basically the equivalent of "pussy" (the vagina one, not the coward one).

Which makes one particular GT World Tour finalist's PSNID quite the challenge.

My Arabic is quite rusty, but "nik" is basically the equivalent of "pussy" (the vagina one, not the coward one).

Which makes one particular GT World Tour finalist's PSNID quite the challenge.

I know you are only informing and not condoning so this is directed at the messenge and not the messageer;

The most absurd thing about all of this is how absurd it is to attempt to censor absurdities when you include absurdities from every language on the planet and count them even when they only appear as part of a word. In the Hiberno-English vernacular "langer" is an insult and that is shortened to "lang" which in turn means that the language filter would have to filter out the word "language" from it's own filter. In fact, "filt" is also considered an insult in fitness / body building (perhaps total crap but I Googled that one so it must be true) so we can omit "filter" too. Now when someone asks why their absurdity was censored PD will have to tell them that it's because the ****uage ****er detected an insult in aincient Sanskrit that refers to the dubious blood lineage of your pet iguana.

6BK
I know you are only informing and not condoning so this is directed at the messenge and not the messageer;

The most absurd thing about all of this is how absurd it is to attempt to censor absurdities when you include absurdities from every language on the planet and count them even when they only appear as part of a word. In the Hiberno-English vernacular "langer" is an insult and that is shortened to "lang" which in turn means that the language filter would have to filter out the word "language" from it's own filter. In fact, "filt" is also considered an insult in fitness / body building (perhaps total crap but I Googled that one so it must be true) so we can omit "filter" too. Now when someone asks why their absurdity was censored PD will have to tell them that it's because the ****uage ****er detected an insult in aincient Sanskrit that refers to the dubious blood lineage of your pet iguana.
Indeed - although it's not PD. PD's filter is actually Sony's PSN/SEN filter.

I can't say for sure, but it looks quite like Sony simply got a database of Anglicised transcriptions of commonly used slang terms of abuse with sexual or scatological origins in a bunch of widely spoken languages (English, Japanese and Arabic among them, probably others like Cantonese and Mandarin, Spanish, French and German). That's why you can't use letter strings that would be the equivalent of "pussy" in Arabic, but you can use the actual Spanish word for whore.

Indeed - although it's not PD. PD's filter is actually Sony's PSN/SEN filter.

I can't say for sure, but it looks quite like Sony simply got a database of Anglicised transcriptions of commonly used slang terms of abuse with sexual or scatological origins in a bunch of widely spoken languages (English, Japanese and Arabic among them, probably others like Cantonese and Mandarin, Spanish, French and German). That's why you can't use letter strings that would be the equivalent of "pussy" in Arabic, but you can use the actual Spanish word for whore.

So it's a bit like their censor is applying the same rules as Scrabble. Whores are allowed but not hoes. I can accuse you of having sexual relations with an obese sow but I can't say your a pig ****er. I can live with that. And may you drown in baths of your grandmother's armpit sweat.

Edit: And my "you" I don't mean You.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If the PSN filter censors every word in every language in the entire world no one will be able to fill out required fields in sharing photos, liveries, etc. in GT SPORT... :(

I forgot PD's system is more or less Sony's system, didn't realize it had gotten even more overreactive. Would explain why "Draped" got censored on the description of my 962 Stealth car livery.

6BK
Whores are allowed but not hoes.

Welp, guess I can't invite people from certain area codes.

Last edited:
View attachment 716393

What the heck, I shared a picture on GTsport and the title was nice shoes, but the word shoes gets censored, what the heck, i even re comentated on my picture with the word shoes in and again it got asterisked out...huh?

Also by the way i know my screenshot has a blackborder around it, if i max out the tv size setting on the ps4 i cant see the edges of the game text etc, anyone know how to get full screenshots without the border..

I had the same problem where the clock on the top right was not properly visible so I couldn’t see how long I had to race start. Changing the TV’s settings and screen ratio did not cure it.

The fix is to manually adjust the fit;

Settings (PS4 settings not the game’s)
Sound and screen
Display area settings
Arrow up to enlarge / Arrow down to shrink

If the PSN filter censors every word in every language in the entire world no one will be able to fill out required fields in sharing photos, liveries, etc. in GT SPORT... :(

You can see by changing the country on the GT website, the censored words change too... For whatever reason the term "GT6" is allowed in GB, but not in France... Maybe Sony FR doesn't assume that game :lol:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/6197609502694475272 -> GT6 visible
https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/6197609502694475272 -> GT6 censored

map.png

Good luck if you live here and want to mention your home town :crazy:

Also by the way i know my screenshot has a blackborder around it, if i max out the tv size setting on the ps4 i cant see the edges of the game text etc, anyone know how to get full screenshots without the border..

Do you have an "Adapt to screen" setting on your TV?
It may also be called "Just render" or "Direct render" on some brands.

Use the screen settings from within GT Sport: Options, Display Settings.

There are no image adjust size settings in the game itself, just tried I couldn't see any unless im being stupid:), it says go to ps home screen and adjust size, which i have, now when I do screenshots, you get that horrible black border...as shown in these pics..Ive just adjusted the screen size on the ps4 setting display bit,

Oh well must be my poxy tv hehe...

These white arrows are just almost invisible on my tv border....look at them borders on a screenshot, thats why i have the arrows maxed out...

20191020131528.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191020131234.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191020131446.jpg

Border again here with a screenshot....terrible...

There are no image adjust size settings in the game itself, just tried I couldn't see any unless im being stupid:), it says go to ps home screen and adjust size, which i have, now when I do screenshots, you get that horrible black border...as shown in these pics..Ive just adjusted the screen size on the ps4 setting display bit,

Oh well must be my poxy tv hehe...

These white arrows are just almost invisible on my tv border....look at them borders on a screenshot, thats why i have the arrows maxed out...

View attachment 858970 View attachment 858971 View attachment 858972

Border again here with a screenshot....terrible...

I have it until you can hardly see the white corner arrows, just the edges of them.

Back