The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
What do you guys think will be the negatives of using 'touched up' GT4 cars?
I hope we're still getting the interiors on all cars.......
Does this mean the cars in question will look like the cars from GT-HD?

I dont realy think we get 'touched up' GT4 cars. I think he is just refering to some classic GT favorites that will be in the game, not the old models. I dont think PD will ever decide to put 2 different kind of looking cars in the game. Would be kinda lame if you race a 200,000 poly car against a 10,000 poly car, replays would looks real strange that way. But it would explain how you can driver 16+ cars in a online race without slowdown.

@Amar: The cryptic story is cool, but cant you just make a nice list with clear features? (Guess i can answer this question myself, but i can give it a try at least).

What are the chances of a PC release?

On one hand it is a first party Sony title however sales for most first party games have been anything but stellar, this one is huge and would think Sony would want as many sales as possible.

But a PC release and people lose another reason to own a PS3 which Sony do not want, all confusing stuff. :/

What are the chances of a PC release?

On one hand it is a first party Sony title however sales for most first party games have been anything but stellar, this one is huge and would think Sony would want as many sales as possible.

But a PC release and people lose another reason to own a PS3 which Sony do not want, all confusing stuff. :/

I don't think there are enough racing sim fans that would make GT5 a system seller. FFXIII was the only system seller I could think of until it was announced for 360. To make money, I'm sure sony will have to sell more games than there are consoles. I am really hoping for a PC release.

GT5 will be released on december 1, 2009. Release will be global for all regions.

600+ cars, 95 tracks, some of which will be remodelled GT4 tracks/cars.

Ability to create new tracks from existing ones.

Extensive clan/team features.

There will be two versions of GT5. One with all the features in it, costing the most (initially). Small version will be GT5P+, but it will cost you to get all the upgrades to the big version.

Possible PSP/PC release?

At least, that's my interpretation of it. ;)

Late November/ Early December 2009 release, and it will be a global release.

600 cars and just under 96 tracks

Birds = Cars
Skypaths = Tracks

Track editor using parts of existing tracks

Birdtanners (do you mean bird tamers?) = Drivers
More than 16 cars on track?

Car clubs and voice chat will be included.

Two different releases.

One which will include everything and be more expensive and a cheaper version that will then allow you to download the additional cars and tracks you want.

Buggered if I know on this one, but it could be that GT Mobile is closer than we think (certainly not PC - no way would Sony want to impact the number of PS3's this will shift).

Or Sony will finally admit to a PSP2 and GT Mobile will be a release title (don't hold your breath on either if these).

Lots more info and confirmation of this at at E3.

That is all.

Scaff

!!!!!!!
What is this, I don't even..

1239956815663.gif

THANKS , Amar.
It bring some light upon us (or some wind, whatever).
As some people said, there is no information about damage or weather.
I dont care if damage wont be added to the game (but i will love), i only hope the game have weather and day/night cycles.
Thx again for the info !!

Regarding some of the earlier mentions of NDA, lets not discount the possibility that amar has permission from Polyphony before publishing this stuff. :)

Thanks amar. I've been pretty bored and cynical about GT5p but I can't read a thread like this and not get excited.

EDK
I'm guessing this either relates to a special edition version of the PS3 console, or could relate to a new wheel that is to be released with GT5.
I'm wondering if it refers to a PSP rearview mirror.

If GT Mobile launches at the same time they could have them interact like Resistance 2 does with Resistance Retribution.

@Amar: The cryptic story is cool, but cant you just make a nice list with clear features?
No, he can't. Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) mean he cannot disclose the exact details without facing legal and professional trouble.

We all know that when it comes to the GT series you have to add at least a year to whatever the first release date is. Dont expect it to come out in 2009. When GT5 comes out is when I will buy a PS3 again.

No, he can't. Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) mean he cannot disclose the exact details without facing legal and professional trouble.

Wouldn't this thread be in violation of his NDA?

I don't think there are enough racing sim fans that would make GT5 a system seller. FFXIII was the only system seller I could think of until it was announced for 360. To make money, I'm sure sony will have to sell more games than there are consoles. I am really hoping for a PC release.

You would be surprised with the amount of casuals whom would spend £300 for GT5. :/ I also hope it comes out on PC however see it as extremely unlikely, for one piracy would be around and secondly other games like Killzone 2 would be more viable for a PC release.

I haven't seen it, so I can't say.

I do know that he never once uses a word that has to do with Gran Turismo though. From what I can tell he is just talking about a flock of seagulls.
2523_con_A_Flock_of_Seagulls_3.jpg

I haven't seen it, so I can't say.

I do know that he never once uses a word that has to do with Gran Turismo though. From what I can tell he is just talking about a flock of seagulls.
2523_con_A_Flock_of_Seagulls_3.jpg

:lol:

There are many winds blowing in the air right now, and every one of them is telling its own tale.

First wind whispers that final reunion will happen thirty nights before twelve months pass and that all winds from the whole world will reunite in the same moment for the first time..

Simultaneous world-wide release!

The questions is 12 months from what? Is it:

1. 12 months from this message? That means March 2010.
2. 12 months from the new year? That would be November 2009.
3. Or 12 months from the FEAST (E3)? April 2010...

Second wind says there will be more than half of dozen hundreds birds flying in the beginning of the reunion on almost eight dozen of skypaths, and some of the birds will come from the past reunion just resembling the looks of the newborn birds..

More than 600 cars! and almost 96 tracks!

Are they 96 unique tracks or are they counting the track, the reverse of the track, and/or variations of tracks?

Some cars from the past will be int he game remodeled for this new HD experience.

Third tale says that for the first time ever skypaths will not be just solid and already known but that new skypaths will be built by birdtamers from the parts of existing skypaths..

A Track editor...could be cool.....

Fourth wind is talking that birdtamers will reunite in numbers greater than ever and will be granted with ability to talk to each other, make guilds and alliances with undisputed freedom..

More than 16 cars on the track and ability to create your own races and rooms.

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers..

The greater reunion will be a premuim priced version which will include ability to get future downloadable content. Sort of a prepaid subscription.

Smaller reunion will be basic game with you having to pay for future downloads.

Sixth wind is telling the tale about different reunion but almost the same as known one, smaller only for the eyes of those who do not want to see it in its whole glory. That different reunion will not happen in the realm same as the known one, but in the different realm which still has not been uncovered to the birdtamers. That realm will resemble realm already known but it will be divine new and made in the image of it..

GTMobile PSP or PSP2 release. Or....

older GT versions released (via PS Store) for play on either PS3 or PSP, possibly with updated graphics

All those birds, skypaths and birdtamers from all realms will unite for the Feast. And as it is already known, it will be the Feast of the Gods.

E3 baby!

All I know is if they would give a solid release date...I'll be buying it no matter what the game had in it....

AMAR212 you are an ANGEL sent by the GRANTURISMO GODS to tell us about the great things to come . Thank you for giving us those hints.
So what about car damage.

My pants, they need changing...

Also, as for his NDA, he never said he was talking about GT5. In fact I think this thread is in the wrong forum!

Since its a cryptic news item everything in topic is just guessing and nothing official. So don't think its would be in violation.

The NDA doesn't allow to talk about anything GT related i guess. But as far as i know you may let us know what the NDA itself says. And since most NDA's have a expire date Amar might be allowed to say when the NDA expires, so we know when to expect a load of GT5 news :sly:

Unless there is some sort of NDA on the NDA of course.
Anyway if Amar got the info from Sony or PD than there will probably be more game journalist that received it and sooner or later one of them will crack :P But if Amar works for Sony or PD or any Sony related company it might take a long time before we hear anything new.

Although this post is nice and it gives us something to talk about, its still only guessing and nothing has really changed for us fans that are waiting for some GT info :grumpy: But this gives hope, it looks like Sony is willing to release at least some info, so maybe we get more very soon. (although i still think its strange that if Amar got permission from Sony to post this, that Sony didn't post it on the Playstation blog or something).

Last edited:
I'm not that much on GTP anymore, so I missed this thread yesterday. Amar, a belated thank you for this information.

:)

Until they implement full damage modelling and decent AI then these winds are nothing but hot air, or translated into english, I'm not interested. :)

Disclaimer: I haven't played GT5P and I've read nothing that indicates that the AI is any better than GT4.

Until they implement full damage modelling and decent AI then these winds are nothing but hot air, or translated into english, I'm not interested. :)

Disclaimer: I haven't played GT5P and I've read nothing that indicates that the AI is any better than GT4.

GT5P has better AI than GT4.

There you go. :) Just damage now.

How better is "better"? E.g. if GT4's AI is 1/10 then GT5's could be 2/10, which is better but still poor.
Here's an idea: Give it a rent and judge for yourself. No one knows what you will like better than you.

And someone mentioned PS1 GT games on PS3/PSP from the PSN. Yes, please. If that is what he means, I will be incredibly happy.

Or as the GowIII CE survey asked if we would be interested in both PS2 titles on Blu-Ray. Maybe GT3 and GT4 both on a Blu-Ray?

Wow! I finally gave up on reading every posts before expressing my gratitude to Mr. Amar! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :bowdown:
This is probably the fastest growing thread ever in my experience on any forum. :D
Yesterday I nearly missed out this thread until I saw the OP was amar212! Great guessing game indeed. :cheers:
Can't wait for any GT5 news from E3. 👍

"Sixth wind is telling the tale about different reunion but almost the same as known one, smaller only for the eyes of those who do not want to see it in its whole glory. That different reunion will not happen in the realm same as the known one, but in the different realm which still has not been uncovered to the birdtamers. That realm will resemble realm already known but it will be divine new and made in the image of it."

Goodness me that just screams GT portable, IT LIVES! :P

Back