The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
With all the effort @Invisigoth has put in I feel like I am going to have to put in an original livery for the event. Nothing as flash, but at least something new, and not the pennzoil or McDonalds ones i already have borrowed. Hmmm. What would be good? We shall see.

A livery doesn't have to be as mindnumbingly mental as this one. Ya just gotta make it yours. My usual livery is just a matt black body, red wheels, the number 13 slapped on the sides and bonnet, skull and crossed katana logo (what makes it mine), and a couple of other decals. Not flashy, but it's mine. This livery was just an exercise in insanity because @Mistah_MCA once commented on my usual livery "needs more anime girls.". :P

A livery doesn't have to be as mindnumbingly mental as this one. Ya just gotta make it yours. My usual livery is just a matt black body, red wheels, the number 13 slapped on the sides and bonnet, skull and crossed katana logo (what makes it mine), and a couple of other decals. Not flashy, but it's mine. This livery was just an exercise in insanity because @Mistah_MCA once commented on my usual livery "needs more anime girls.". :P
And it still needs more anime girls.

Did some testing. I see the NSX is still thirsty lol. @The_Tullster made a guest appearance to my testing lobby. He was getting 25 laps out of the Lexus with no fuel saving, and 20-25% tyre wear. I had more tyre wear and managed 20 laps. I was lapping about 1:18/19s. Gr2 is a good match for Leguna, although I suspect I am off the throttle a lot more than I should be to get good times.

Thanks for the lobby @Invisigoth , it was fun. Tyre wear on the Lexus might have been better with a couple less glasses consumed, I hadn't planned on serious testing. My times were high 1:18's to mid 1:20's when my laps were clean, DR-C driver that occasionally has a morale boosting excursion in DR-B. Lexus should be good for mid 1:17 at least in the hands of a DR-A.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lobby @Invisigoth , it was fun. Tyre wear on the Lexus might have been better with a couple less glasses consumed, I hadn't planned on serious testing. My times were high 1:18's to mid 1:20's when my laps were clean, DR-C driver that occasionally has a moral boosting excursion in DR-B. Lexus should be good for mid 1:17 at least in the hands of a DR-A.

Hehe no worries. It was a bit of a surprise, I wasn't expecting anyone to join since I had it set for fiends, erm I mean friends only. But, you are on the guest list, so it's all good. We had similar pace. Every time I was approaching the final corner I saw you on the same part of the track, lap after lap.

lol I forgot where pit entrance was since it's been a while, and the only race I did this week was a no stopper. I drove down an access road and hit a mesh fence. That got me a penalty, then I got lost and wasn't sure where on the track I was... then I saw you pass me headed to the final corner as I was out with the shovel digging myself out of the sand. I'm guessing @Mistah_MCA is lapping 1:15/16s.

So Tullster... you gunna join us new years day?

Sign-ups for 200 Miles of Laguna Seca are now OPEN!
@Invisigoth and @Redneckchef , I got you two on the list. :)

Put me down as a maybe, mate.

If I can make it, I'll be running a Wakos RCF.

Thanks for the lobby @Invisigoth , it was fun. Tyre wear on the Lexus might have been better with a couple less glasses consumed, I hadn't planned on serious testing. My times were high 1:18's to mid 1:20's when my laps were clean, DR-C driver that occasionally has a morale boosting excursion in DR-B. Lexus should be good for mid 1:17 at least in the hands of a DR-A.

1:17s are definitely possible. Basing this on five laps using the DS4, I'd imagine @Mistah_MCA should be able to get low 15s. Maybe high 14s.

It'd be a stretch, I have three kids to supervise and my wife is out of town. If I can get a sitter I'm up for it. (7am ... shudder)
I can save a spot for you if you want :)

Put me down as a maybe, mate.

If I can make it, I'll be running a Wakos RCF.

1:17s are definitely possible. Basing this on five laps using the DS4, I'd imagine @Mistah_MCA should be able to get low 15s. Maybe high 14s.
Will do!
I was getting low 16's in the Motul GT-R.
Hello Mistah I am free and want to race on that day my PSN is Noxvi77 :)
Adding you to the list! :) I'll make a new reply and edit the first post with the lobby code on the day of the race.

I was getting low 16's in the Motul GT-R.

We can definitely go faster than that. I hit 16.3 in the RCF, using the DS4*

On the wheel, I could probably take about a second off that. Given the whole "you're usually faster than me" thing, I think you should be able to get high 14s.

*In a test lobby, with x3 tyre/fuel multiplyers.

We can definitely go faster than that. I hit 16.3 in the RCF, using the DS4*

On the wheel, I could probably take about a second off that. Given the whole "you're usually faster than me" thing, I think you should be able to get high 14s.

*In a test lobby, with x3 tyre/fuel multiplyers.
To be fair, I was trying to get an idea of a pace here to find out how long this event would take. I'm going to practice a bit more before the race, and see if I can get into the 15's or even 14's. Still undecided on the car I want to use.

To be fair, I was trying to get an idea of a pace here to find out how long this event would take. I'm going to practice a bit more before the race, and see if I can get into the 15's or even 14's. Still undecided on the car I want to use.

Ah, fair enough. Yeah, I think race pace is likely to be around the mid to high 16s range.

I've only got the 2 GT-Rs for group 2 so will do the usual run what ya brung and deal with the consequences. Do need to build my collection but the wheel of garbage isn't helping. Got 3 RCF 16s last week, 2 RCZ GRb and 2 TT road cars this week.
Have settled on a bland but classic livery. Now how to transfer 1960s paint to a 2016 Nissan?

With my ability to be just a hair off line or hit a sausage curb a lap it could get interesting. Need some GR2 practice tonight

Id love take part if there is space NANHOXaN
Let me know mate
Still got plenty of space! I'll add you to the list when I am back home. I'll also make a new reply with the lobby code on the day of the race!

-

@Invisigoth on the topic of searching for decals, did you use this website? All you have to do is use a search term on the top of the window, and it'll show ALL of the things with that tag (decals with that tag, even the user if they have that search term in their name). All you have to do is scroll through, instead of pressing an arrow a billion times and going through a void until the server decides that "you searched too quickly" and have to start over. :banghead:

The only thing is that when you click on a decal, it'll take you to its page, but in Japanese, so you can change the language in the URL to the language you want (i.e. replacing "jp" with "us").

Last edited:
@Invisigoth on the topic of searching for decals, did you use this website? All you have to do is use a search term on the top of the window, and it'll show ALL of the things with that tag (decals with that tag, even the user if they have that search term in their name). All you have to do is scroll through, instead of pressing an arrow a billion times and going through a void until the server decides that "you searched too quickly" and have to start over. :banghead:

The only thing is that when you click on a decal, it'll take you to its page, but in Japanese, so you can change the language in the URL to the language you want (i.e. replacing "jp" with "us").

Yeh, @Kuraudo pointed me in that direction before, however I'm afraid no one tags their decals #cuteanimegirlbodyparts :lol:. What I find more frustrating is not being able to group decals within collection or my library. To get to the eyes used on the wing I had to scroll down through over 300 decals because they are near the bottom of collection :crazy:. So scroll down 300 decals, pick one, scroll down through 300 decals, pick one. Rinse and repeat. And it was a similar situation for just about every single decal. This added to the 7 hours it took to apply them :eek:.

Yeh, @Kuraudo pointed me in that direction before, however I'm afraid no one tags their decals #cuteanimegirlbodyparts :lol:. What I find more frustrating is not being able to group decals within collection or my library. To get to the eyes used on the wing I had to scroll down through over 300 decals because they are near the bottom of collection :crazy:. So scroll down 300 decals, pick one, scroll down through 300 decals, pick one. Rinse and repeat. And it was a similar situation for just about every single decal. This added to the 7 hours it took to apply them :eek:.
I get frustrated with time spent on the livery editor, you're doing a herculean effort with that kind of work.

I get frustrated with time spent on the livery editor, you're doing a herculean effort with that kind of work.

Some liveries can be very quick to put together. Once you start getting into it, it can become an obsession (I pushed @Sven Jurgens down the rabbit hole and he hasn't popped his head up since :lol:.) . Replica liveries can be fiddly and time consuming, especially when you are trying to apply them to cars that are a completely different shape :scared:. I learnt that some decals that you think should be applied to the side have to be applied to the roof, then moved to the side, or they get distorted.

You can make several folders in favourites, one for each livery if you like, so it only contains the decals for that very livery. It saves a LOT of time.

View attachment 876695

The World's Most Okay Tour presents: Laguna Seca 200 Miles! A tribute to the famous event that first appeared in Gran Turismo 2, but with a contemporary Super GT twist!
Formerly known as "The Super Casual Series"

WHEN:
The race will take place on Tuesday, 31 December 2019, at 12:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8). The lobby will open 15-30 minutes before the race starts.

In-game time will be TBD.

HOW TO ENTER:
Interested in entering? Comment with your PSN name on this thread.

CARS ALLOWED:
Group 2 cars are allowed. BOP will be on.

TUNING:
Tuning will be prohibited.

TIRES AND FUEL:
Everyone will be on Racing Medium tires. Fuel will be at x3, Tires will be at x3.

QUALIFYING:
The practice session's best times will determine the starting positions. Fastest times will start towards the front.

THE RACE:
This will be an actual race that will be set to 90 laps at Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca.
This also means that if you lose connection, you will unfortunately not be able to re-enter the race (unless if PD somehow fixes this by the time the race starts).
The race will last about 2 hours.

We will be doing a grid start (false start check will not be used). This way, the chance of the Auto Drive bug is hopefully reduced/eliminated.

RECORDING/STREAMING THE RACE:
It's allowed. :)

ETIQUETTE:
Intentionally colliding with other players is not allowed. If a collision occurs to where the receiver loses control, the player that initiated the collision must slow down in a safe area and let the other player pass them.

Ghosting of lapped cars will be OFF, so please be respectful to those who are passing!

LIVERIES:
As long as it's appropriate, liveries are allowed.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Slipstream: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Initial fuel: Default
Grip on Track Edge: Real
Overtake System: Default
Power and Weight limits (Min and Max): No Limit
Ghosting During Race: Weak
Shortcut Penalty: Weak
Wall Collision Penalty: Time Penalty (Weak)
Side Contact Penalty: On
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: On
Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost-Lapped Cars: Off
Countersteer Assist: No Limit
Active Stability Management: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
Driving Line Assist: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

PAST EVENTS IN 2019:
View attachment 827772
2.4 Hours of Le Mans (16 June 2019)
- WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 1 w/ 42 laps), FasterTaco (Gr. 3 w/ 35 laps)

View attachment 830121
2.4h of Nurburgring 24h (30 June 2019) - WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 3), Invisigoth (Gr. 4)

View attachment 835616
1 Hour of Mount Panorama - WINNERS: AMS_Dezcom (1st), OR_FoPo (2nd), bdubclub (3rd)

View attachment 842107
1 Hour of Goodwood

View attachment 851224
Area 51 Raid

View attachment 855762
Blue Moon Bay 150 Miles -
WINNERS: Oldtimer01 (1st), MrQ41 (2nd), MoparSRT (3rd)
I would like to race (G_Marquetto_53)

1. Mistah_MCA: PHX-Mistah_MCA
2. Redneckchef: phreelickz
3. Invisigoth: In-visigoth
4. fondfarewell2
5. The_Tullster (?)
6. Bivittavus88 (?)
7. Andrej S - Noxvi77
8. MrBumcraic
9. Eoghanhileon - NANHOXaN

WAITLIST:
What's good MCA? Still got room? If so, sign me up bro!

Back