The World's Most Okay Tunes

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 72 comments
New Daily Race A! It's Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise! Any road car!
So I suffered in tried out the Ferrari F40! Tune in spoiler below.

GET FROM GT AUTO:
  • Any aftermarket wheels. I moved their size up +1
  • Front, side, rear bumper A
  • Spoiler A

You have been warned: This bad boy is a handful. You might find that out as soon as you brake for Turn 1. It might do the thing. Try to brake in a straight line for Turn 1, and the F40 will less likely do the thing.
On some of the fast corners, you can throw the car around them, and that's when the real fun starts. I experienced this the most in the right turn after the chicane. You'll also get 10 Cool Points. :sly:

To the brave souls that try out this tune: I salute you!

Personal best: 2:03.711

Story time: I spent more time trying to get the F40 to stop doing the thing on Turn 1, which caused a heck of a headache. It looks like stiffening the front spring helps reduce the chance of that happening. 3.00 Hz for the front spring feels like the sweet spot for me, and it's a similar story with some of my friends who tried out this tune. I did try an even stiffer front spring, but the car didn't feel as good to drive to me.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221114025648.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221114025655.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221114025703.jpg

Daily Race A context:
Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise
Any Road Car
Sports Medium tires
345HP, 2205lbs (1000kg)

Lap guide + Tune showcase video:

Last edited:
I keep forgetting to post this. :dunce:
I have a build for the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69!
Great driver tuned up to 700, weird results. For some reason, the mileage was not only far short of what I have achieved with other very similar tunes, but even from lap to lap. This happened in back-to-back races, very odd. Anyways, a very good tune with what I would consider good results.

7C857323-34DB-440B-B1B7-EAF5A117B7A5.jpeg

New Daily Race A! It's Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise! Any road car!
So I suffered in tried out the Ferrari F40! Tune in spoiler below.

GET FROM GT AUTO:
  • Any aftermarket wheels. I moved their size up +1
  • Front, side, rear bumper A
  • Spoiler A

You have been warned: This bad boy is a handful. You might find that out as soon as you brake for Turn 1. It might do the thing. Try to brake in a straight line for Turn 1, and the F40 will less likely do the thing.
On some of the fast corners, you can throw the car around them, and that's when the real fun starts. I experienced this the most in the right turn after the chicane. You'll also get 10 Cool Points. :sly:

To the brave souls that try out this tune: I salute you!

Personal best: 2:03.711

Story time: I spent more time trying to get the F40 to stop doing the thing on Turn 1, which caused a heck of a headache. It looks like stiffening the front spring helps reduce the chance of that happening. 3.00 Hz for the front spring feels like the sweet spot for me, and it's a similar story with some of my friends who tried out this tune. I did try an even stiffer front spring, but the car didn't feel as good to drive to me.

View attachment 1208151
View attachment 1208152
View attachment 1208153

Daily Race A context:
Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise
Any Road Car
Sports Medium tires
345HP, 2205lbs (1000kg)

Lap guide + Tune showcase video:

Great lap!!! I tried my own tunes and yours on the F40, yours was a much better drive than mine, I just can't get a good lap with the F40. I did have to soften the springs up quite a bit, for some reason it felt like it had race tires up front and comforts in the rear, I couldn't even get thru 3&4 without spinning. I did manage a 2.04:9 with the Enzo but I think it would take a lot of laps with the F40 for me.

It's Padoru holiday time! I hope you've all been doing well! I've been fiddling around with the BAC Mono, mainly due to the mission challenge that uses it (1 Hour at Trial Mountain). Back when I first did this race months ago, I barely scraped by, as the tune I had for it was horrific. :scared:

So many months and updates later, I revisited this race, and tried to make a tune for the Mono for the 1 Hour Trial Mountain Race! Tune in spoilers below:

Note: I got aftermarket wheels from GT Auto, but did NOT give them the wide offset nor a size change. You can also use the default wheels with no wide offset, if you prefer them, instead.
Gran Turismo® 7_20221220204905.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221220204912.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221220204929.jpg
Very strange car to tune. Stiffening the suspension made the Mono feel way too under and oversteery for me, so I eventually ended up with a softer suspension setup. Fastest lap under race conditions: 1:57.2 (video below)

With this car/tune:
  • It's possible to get somewhat aggressive on the first few turns. Really fun and shaves off a lot of time if you can exit the third turn at 120 mph+ / 193 kmh.
  • Throttle control is extremely important. This car does not like getting pushed before you safely exit the turn, especially mid and lower speed turns. Get too impatient on the throttle, and you'll end up facing the wrong way real fast.
  • 1st gear is more for rotation, so you're not on it for that long. The only exception is in the middle of the final chicane.
  • THROTTLE CONTROL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
  • The rear tires wear out faster than the front tires. Be more careful with your throttle input as you end your stint.
  • Shift when the bar reaches the gear number.
  • The video below demonstrates how the build is driven under race conditions.

In terms of strategy:
  • Sports Soft tires last 7-9 laps. Change tires and refuel to your stint duration every time you pit. Be aware that you'll be pitting around three times, so you'll want an overall fast pace to not lose too much time when you do the third pit stop.
  • Example strategy: 8S - 8S - 8S - 5 to 6S (final stint)
  • The AI are stupidly slow. Get ready to quickly go around them, especially in the first sector.
  • Best case scenario: You complete 29+ laps, guaranteeing the win. The AI seem to do around 28 laps. 30 laps seems to be the max you can do, unless if the stars align, and the AI never get in your way.

cute pic that I don't know where to place:
Trial Mountain Circuit__20.jpeg

Last edited:
It's Padoru holiday time! I hope you've all been doing well! I've been fiddling around with the BAC Mono, mainly due to the mission challenge that uses it (1 Hour at Trial Mountain). Back when I first did this race months ago, I barely scraped by, as the tune I had for it was horrific. :scared:

So many months and updates later, I revisited this race, and tried to make a tune for the Mono for the 1 Hour Trial Mountain Race! Tune in spoilers below:

Note: I got aftermarket wheels from GT Auto, but did NOT give them the wide offset nor a size change. You can also use the default wheels with no wide offset, if you prefer them, instead.
View attachment 1217410
View attachment 1217411
View attachment 1217412
Very strange car to tune. Stiffening the suspension made the Mono feel way too under and oversteery for me, so I eventually ended up with a softer suspension setup. Fastest lap under race conditions: 1:57.2 (video below)

With this car/tune:
  • It's possible to get somewhat aggressive on the first few turns. Really fun and shaves off a lot of time if you can exit the third turn at 120 mph+ / 193 kmh.
  • Throttle control is extremely important. This car does not like getting pushed before you safely exit the turn, especially mid and lower speed turns. Get too impatient on the throttle, and you'll end up facing the wrong way real fast.
  • 1st gear is more for rotation, so you're not on it for that long. The only exception is in the middle of the final chicane.
  • THROTTLE CONTROL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
  • The rear tires wear out faster than the front tires. Be more careful with your throttle input as you end your stint.
  • Shift when the bar reaches the gear number.
  • The video below demonstrates how the build is driven under race conditions.

In terms of strategy:
  • Sports Soft tires last 7-9 laps. Change tires and refuel to your stint duration every time you pit. Be aware that you'll be pitting around three times, so you'll want an overall fast pace to not lose too much time when you do the third pit stop.
  • Example strategy: 8S - 8S - 8S - 5 to 6S (final stint)
  • The AI are stupidly slow. Get ready to quickly go around them, especially in the first sector.
  • Best case scenario: You complete 29+ laps, guaranteeing the win. The AI seem to do around 28 laps. 30 laps seems to be the max you can do, unless if the stars align, and the AI never get in your way.

cute pic that I don't know where to place:
View attachment 1217413

I have gold on that one already but I will definitely give your tune a try and see if I can move up my leaderboard.

The Camaro tune for Alsace still works in 1.27 - it came up as 469pp as it was, but i just added ballast to the centre to bring it down to under 465 and still thrashed the other cars by a considerable margin. After around 6 laps zones the other cars all seemed to slow a bit and I was pulling 2-3 seconds or more a lap out on everyone.

Apologies for the super late post, life's been busy, but I hope you've all been having a good holiday season!
Here are both versions of the "Demon Spawn UwU" tune I made for the Nordschleife - Honda NSX R '02 Lap Time Challenge.

• Sports Soft tires
  • Naturally Aspirated (cannot have turbo, which automatically bans the engine swap)
  • 345 HP or less
  • 2315 lbs. (1050 kg) or more
  • No Nitrous

Both use the following from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Aftermarket Wheels - Non-default size, with wide offset and trim
  • Front Bumper (A or B, up to you)
  • Side Skirt (A or B, up to you)
  • Rear Bumper A
  • Wing A
  • Roll Cage (A, B, or C; up to you)

Version 1 - Personal Best: 6:55:
Gran Turismo® 7_20221222052537.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221222052552.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221222052602.jpg

Accompanying video:

Version 2 - Personal Best: 6:51:
Gran Turismo® 7_20221230204249.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221230204256.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221230204305.jpg

Cute pic of the car:
Nürburgring Nordschleife__1.jpeg

Last edited:
The Honda RA272 is pretty OP for the 1 hour Deep Forest and Alsace races. :)

Gran Turismo® 7_20230222231553.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230222231600.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230222231611.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230222231640.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230222231652.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230223031258.jpg

Deep Forest strategies:
  • 0 stop, if possible. Fuel is never an issue. Tire wear gets sketchy towards the end of the race.
  • By then, you should be very well ahead of everyone else, so you can pit for new tires without worry.
  • This car has ZERO downforce, so positioning the car for corner entry is key in the twistier parts of the track.
  • The RA272 makes most of its time on the main and back straights. Rev this bad boy out!

Alsace strategies:
  • 0 stop.
  • Seriously. 0 stop.
  • Fuel lasts almost 26 laps on Fuel Map 1.
  • Go fast, don't crash!

Tune + showcase video:

Deep Forest Raceway_.jpeg

Last edited:
Ford Mustang GT '15 - Laguna Seca - Lap Time Challenge - 443 HP, 2866 lbs. (1300 kg)

Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Custom wheels. Non-standard size, wide offset and rim width
  • Front Bumper B
  • Side A
  • Custom Wing
  • Roll Cage A

Gran Turismo® 7_20230316061331.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230316061339.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230316061347.jpg

Shift at 70-75%. It's a a bit of a lively car/build, and the acceleration is something else. :eek: Throttle control is key to keeping the car in check. If the car is feeling too oversteery, you can move the ballast forward to calm the car down a bit more. However, it'll come at the cost of some acceleration. Early braking is needed, as it's really easy to overshoot a turn and face massive understeer.

Huge thanks to itsme2369 and iWizardzZ_x for the help with this build!

Video:

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__4.jpeg

Last edited:
Toyota MR2 - 600PP, Sports Medium Tires - WTC600 Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise (v1.31)

"MisteR 2" Tune

From GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Custom wheels (wide offset, non-standard rim size)
  • Front Bumper A
  • Side Skirt A
  • Rear Bumper A
  • Wing A (note: B can work, but I like A better. Less rear downforce, but it looks cool!)
  • Roll Cage A

This tune was originally from v1.29, but luckily, not much needed to change for v1.31. It's more stable than what it was in the previous version, though it's understeery at times...
Unlike pre-v1.31, the MR2 can now easily no-stop on Sports Medium tires. Shift at 50% on Fuel Map 1. It's possible to finish below 26 minutes if you're able to avoid big errors and traffic at awkward spots.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230331002758.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230331002806.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230331002817.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230331001540.jpg

Fastest lap (not counting lap 12):

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise__1.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back