The Worst Possible News???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkk01
  • 108 comments
  • 8,962 views
Messages
197
Am I the only one to be truly dismayed by the front page news announcing the Merc SLS driving experience?

Now, before I start, I should say that the New Year media gear up filled me with confidence about a March EU release - especially with the Sony presence at Brussels, first phase Academy completion and Geneva Show / Merc SLS launch...

However, all that seems to have gone very, very cold. There has been very little news and positive media / PR interation from Sony following the Japanese launch delay announcement.

Why oh why would a big international corporation brand the driving pods as GT5 Prologue, when the car and track aren't even in GT5P and supposedly they are in the run up to a huge new launch.

There is absolutely no point at all in marketing the old product that has been in the marketplace for I can't remember how long - unless they now have no plans for a GT5 launch in the foreseable future. Big corporations minutely scrutinise the detail of their PR, so it cannot be that they have mistakenly used the GT5P branding. Can the only conclusion be that they have gone full reverse on GT5 media attention?

Sony have obviously developed a strong link with MB re the SLS, one that I was hopeful would see GT5 released to correspond with the March launch of the SLS. My concern is that GT5 wont now be ready, but Sony still have a commitment to support MB's own big new launch PR splash - and they have used GT5P branding to distract attention from GT5

I now wouldn't be surprised if we get a GT5P update with the SLS and Nordschliefe...:sick:
 
Interesting theory but unfortunately, as with all interesting theories, it is purely theoretical and nobody but Sony and PD know the answer. We just have to sit on our hands and wait to be told when we will get the game. Until then I just see most of this theoretical thought as largely a waste of time. Sorry.
 
Interesting theory but unfortunately, as with all interesting theories, it is purely theoretical and nobody but Sony and PD know the answer. We just have to sit on our hands and wait to be told when we will get the game. Until then I just see most of this theoretical thought as largely a waste of time. Sorry.

You are correct, in that my interpretation is hypothetical.

However, what is not theory or speculation is the GT5P branding on those pods. That is FACT - and what a totally bizarre fact???

I work for a big corporation - there is absolutely no way that the GT5P branding on those driving pods is an unintentional error. WHY is that??? The branding on all the other driving pods at recent demos has universally, ALL, been GT5. It's not as if they don't have any GT5 branded ones in Eurpope, they were in Brussels earlier this month.

What is not theory, is that someone in Sony has decided to remove GT5 branding and replace it with GT5P. That has to be totally inexplicable by any rational means
 
It's just because it are GT5P pods, check out photos of any of the GT5 stands lately, the pods all say Prologue on them.
 
It's just because it are GT5P pods, check out photos of any of the GT5 stands lately, the pods all say Prologue on them.


That's a very fair point - but a quick squizz through the news articles clearly shows GT5 branding on the pods at CES and Tokyo Motor Show
 
They're just re-using pods they've used several times before. We've seen GT5 runinng on GT5:P branded pods several times, not just now. Yes they have GT5 branded ones, but they have GT5:P branded ones doing the rounds as well. You're reading too much into this imo, the big marketing nitiatve (which I premuse there will be) hasn't kicked off yet, so it's a bit of a non-issue until that does.
 
That's a very fair point - but a quick squizz through the news articles clearly shows GT5 branding on the pods at CES and Tokyo Motor Show

The ones at Brussels Motorshow which was only last week say Prologue, im gonna take a wild guess here and say they had them shipped to germany afterwards :)
 
The pods at MB are there until 28th March so maybe the GT5 branded pods are being used elsewhere during that time...like for the GT5TT stage 2 events??
 
Maybe you guys are missing the overall point.

The game running on those pods, is not GT5. It's a cut down, no damage, limited selection of what will be GT5.
If PD call the booths, GT5 booths, little fanboys can quite accurately say, I played GT5 and it only had one car and one track, *insert another game name* is soo much better.

GT5 prologue kinda works well as a stop gap, it also means they don't have to write the word DEMO on everything.
 
Last edited:
Big corporations minutely scrutinise the detail of their PR,

Ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar's shoe looks like?

Trust me, the larger the company, the more likely they'll do something incredibly stupid. Live. On stage. Which then instantly goes to YouTube.

Sony knows GT5 is going to rake in more dough than all the Japanese cars in GT4 could hold. Think of it this way - the value of the game they're about to launch exceeds the value of every car in the game put together. They're just on cruise control.
 
Am I the only one to be truly dismayed by the front page news announcing the Merc SLS driving experience?

Now, before I start, I should say that the New Year media gear up filled me with confidence about a March EU release - especially with the Sony presence at Brussels, first phase Academy completion and Geneva Show / Merc SLS launch...

However, all that seems to have gone very, very cold. There has been very little news and positive media / PR interation from Sony following the Japanese launch delay announcement.

Why oh why would a big international corporation brand the driving pods as GT5 Prologue, when the car and track aren't even in GT5P and supposedly they are in the run up to a huge new launch.

There is absolutely no point at all in marketing the old product that has been in the marketplace for I can't remember how long - unless they now have no plans for a GT5 launch in the foreseable future. Big corporations minutely scrutinise the detail of their PR, so it cannot be that they have mistakenly used the GT5P branding. Can the only conclusion be that they have gone full reverse on GT5 media attention?

Sony have obviously developed a strong link with MB re the SLS, one that I was hopeful would see GT5 released to correspond with the March launch of the SLS. My concern is that GT5 wont now be ready, but Sony still have a commitment to support MB's own big new launch PR splash - and they have used GT5P branding to distract attention from GT5

I now wouldn't be surprised if we get a GT5P update with the SLS and Nordschliefe...:sick:
I would. There hasn't been a GT5P update in how long? And there's never been a track added, so yes, especially a 13.2 Mile track taking up about as much data as all 6 GT5P tracks.
I think you're looking way to far into this.

I don't know why you hoped for a March GT5 EU release though, that was Never scheduled. Japan was March, and was pushed back, however - they said it would NOT effect the rest of the world's release dates.
 
Well there was a track added, if you bought the Japanese verion of GT5:P then it didn't include High Speed Ring, that was added as part of the update to bring it into line with the European Version of GT5:P which launched with more cars and that extra track.

But I do agree with you, we proably won't see any more updates to GT5:P let alone get the Ring as a dowload.
 
I would. There hasn't been a GT5P update in how long? And there's never been a track added, so yes, especially a 13.2 Mile track taking up about as much data as all 6 GT5P tracks.
I think you're looking way to far into this.

I don't know why you hoped for a March GT5 EU release though, that was Never scheduled. Japan was March, and was pushed back, however - they said it would NOT effect the rest of the world's release dates.

No, but it affected ME!
Just like everyone else who was about to import Japan version...

;)

PS: I don't get the point of this thread... worst possible news? GT5 canceled, maybe?! :scared:
 
Nurburgring is by far the most loved and the most hated track in GT, PD won't give it to us for free.

If GT5P included the ring I surely would be enjoying the game until now with my favourite GT hobby:

[/maniac mode on] 'Ring Time Attack!!! [/maniac mode off]

I want to see which ferrari is faster, california or F430, only the almighty Nurburgring can answer me.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
 
Last edited:
Play.com has GT5 down as:
"Pre-order. | Due for release on 24/09/2010"
Yep. September. Take from that what you will.
 
Play.com has GT5 down as:
"Pre-order. | Due for release on 24/09/2010"
Yep. September. Take from that what you will.

Covering there ass if it all gets delayed again probably!! don't blame them how many shops have taken pre-orders hoping for Dec-09 Mar-10 etc...... gutted!!!
 
Pff I came in here expecting news like "Kaz quits PD, GT Franchise Sold to EA" ... way to spook me. Worst possible news!?
 
Settle down OP, the AMG pods are running prologue so they're branded as such. There's no way in hell they'd give their new engine to a 3rd party. It'd be cacked and releasd on torrent in a matter of milliseconds. The ring getting leaked on prologue won't matter so much, compared to the cheque AMG will be sending.
 
How about a major earthquake destroys PD offices. Resulting in loss of GT5P servers and all data pertaining to GT5. All thats left is a 12 minute demo of the SLS on the Nurburgring.
 
Play.com has GT5 down as:
"Pre-order. | Due for release on 24/09/2010"
Yep. September. Take from that what you will.


Retailers don't know jack. I would think that this is common knowledge.

I can't believe people still cite unconfirmed retail dates as if they mean anything. All they are doing is taking a guess and trying to get you to pre-order.
 
Hahaha. And then another 5 years of developing of GT5 right. :D
 
Worst possible news - KY has decided he needs every form of driving in the final game so in addition to nascar, IRL, and WRC we're also going to have cattle driving, on horseback and with sheepdog, golf driving, screw driving, and pile driving and with all the additions they've had to cut the GT cars and tracks down to just the Toyota Yaris and Motegi oval
 
Worst possible news - KY has decided he needs every form of driving in the final game so in addition to nascar, IRL, and WRC we're also going to have cattle driving, on horseback and with sheepdog, golf driving, screw driving, and pile driving and with all the additions they've had to cut the GT cars and tracks down to just the Toyota Yaris and Motegi oval



Bring it on i'm ready!:sly:




:grumpy:
 
Don't forget tractor pulling.
 
Tractor pulling with a ferrari truck now that would be great!!
 
or a lambo tractor!!
 
Why are some people so negative...
 
Pessimists are rarely disappointed but often pleasantly surprised.

Optimists the opposite.

I'd ask you why be so positive?
 
Is the glass half full or half empty?

Maybe it's just half a glass of water...
 
Back